• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Non-Smurfs: Itachi vs Doflamingo

That was because Itachi was trying to recruit him. The scenarios are indeed different. He was trying to bring him into the Akatsuki.
And the examples of him not opening with genjutsu is against main characters, nothing of the story can be fleshed out if he genjutsues them right away. So trying to use those to say he doesn’t start with genjutsu isn’t fair.

Regardless it seems we've agreed the strings will have a hard time catching Itachi so after a little time Itachi will genjutsu and Kenbun can block mind hax I'm assuming? How does it do that? If it's not similar to how genjutsu works then I don't think it's gonna work, and ofc what is the layers to his mind hax resistance?

Ok. So? Regardless he had a reason not to use genjutsu here, and was low on chakra using Tsukuyomi twice.
...but had enough chakra to use amaterasu?
He also used it on that random woman to seduce Jiraiya and on the first person he saw in Konoha.
Not a fight
Seems like filler.
No its accepted as canon here
And the examples of him not opening with genjutsu is against main characters, nothing of the story can be fleshed out if he genjutsues them right away. So trying to use those to say he doesn’t start with genjutsu isn’t fair.
...? He's only used genjutsu against the main characters. outside of like deidara (which has context behind it) and kisame (who he didnt start it with)
Regardless it seems we've agreed the strings will have a hard time catching Itachi so after a little time Itachi will genjutsu and Kenbun can block mind hax I'm assuming? How does it do that? If it's not similar to how genjutsu works then I don't think it's gonna work, and ofc what is the layers to his mind hax resistance?
No clue. i'm more knowledgeable on naruto than one piece try asking kachon

It's just about who's better at arguing. Nobody has been able to prove it to me so why would I agree that's what he starts with in a random encounter if nobody has proved it to me.
I think someone mentioned it before of like out of the 5 fights Itachi has been in, he used Genjutsu at the start like 3/5 times. And 2 of those times he actively didn’t want to engage in a prolonged fight with his “allies.”

Hell I’m pretty sure Kabuto explicitly made it so he was blind because he knew Itachi would like instantly genutsu him right.

If not at the the very very start at the right I see no reason why it wouldn’t be his other opening moves.

Itachi’s got like Genjutsu, Fire, and Susanoo. And he’s frail as all hell. That’s it that’s his move set right. I think it’s highly likely Genjutsu is gonna be one of his opening moves.

...? He's only used genjutsu against the main characters. outside of like deidara (which has context behind it) and kisame (who he didnt start it with)
You just cited two times he used it on side characters so don't say that lmao. And he's used done it to Oro, Deidara, and Kisame. And again stop bringing up "didnt start with it tho" I've already structured the argument that after some time Itachi will use genjutsu.

First thing he did against naruto in shippuden too was put him in a genjutsu. His entire fight with sasuke began with genjutsu. Arguing whether or not Itachi starts with genjutsu is dumb

How exactly does observation haki counter genjutsu?
Tell Doffy either Itachi's intentions with Genjutsu or giving him a glimpse into the future, which lets him do the magic trick of closing his eyes, and letting jesus(Kenbun) take the wheel

Tell Doffy either Itachi's intentions with Genjutsu or giving him a glimpse into the future, which lets him do the magic trick of closing his eyes, and letting jesus(Kenbun) take the wheel
Isn't future sight advanced Observation? I thought Doffy couldn't do that?

Itachi can literally just point at him and that's still GG.

Ok….didn’t Luffy straight up announce to Doflamingo’s face that he and Law were gonna use some special move?

And then successfully performed said special red hawk teleportation combo despite Doflamingo not only having observation haki, but also Luffy straight up declaring they were gonna do a double attack lol.

image.png

Doffy has Intermediate.
Ok….didn’t Luffy straight up announce to Doflamingo’s face that he and Law were gonna use some special move?

And then successfully performed said special red hawk teleportation combo despite Doflamingo not only having observation haki, but also Luffy straight up declaring they were gonna do a double attack lol.
Luffy and Law also have Intermediate Haki

Yee...
0882-010.png

Even tho luffy had intermediate haki he could still somewhat cancel out katakuri's future sight

We've already countered the body puppetry. So Kenbun doesn't actually let him resist mind hax?

We've already countered the body puppetry. So Kenbun doesn't actually let him resist mind hax?
Okay then Doffy does it again(He can start it at a gesture) then follows up with decapitation. Or makes his black knight and ***** off somewhere to let it do the fighting

you're gonna need to ask someone who's more knowledgeable on the mind hax and resistances in OP cuz that aint my cup of tea

you're gonna need to ask someone who's more knowledgeable on the mind hax and resistances in OP cuz that aint my cup of tea
KT said a while ago that OP GT's layering scales to around 4 layers, which means massively weaker characters that're lower then those people would have lesser layers, which when compared to Itachi's 5/6 layers with MS Genjutsu, it means Doffy isn't resisting Genjutsu.

(He doesn't know what a surprise attack/blitz is)

I mean it's useless not because Doffy will be able to tell which is which - but because he will literally "see" when he uses a clone. "see" because he's using Haki.
It's like you standing in front of me and making a clone. I saw you make the clone so I know which one is you.

Sure.
already covered this, Itachi resists ESP and even if he did it in front of someone he could just switch places with substitution. All of the additional Enhanced Senses also are negated by being too short range, transformation jutsu and Itachi being ridiculously stealthy
Yes, but you have no proof that he'll use it against a random person he's fighting if he's never actually had that random encounter with a random person. Of course if he has then I'll concede, but none of you have come forth with said evidence.
he literally does not fight anyone that he doesn’t know (Seeing as anyone who would stand a chance against him he knows or he has already gathered intel)

btw Kenbun outside of Precog which is extremely limited and would not tell Doffy how Itachi used his stuff is near useless as Itachi resists ESP and has good stealth mastery

KT said a while ago that OP GT's layering scales to around 4 layers, which means massively weaker characters that're lower then those people would have lesser layers, which when compared to Itachi's 5/6 layers with MS Genjutsu, it means Doffy isn't resisting Genjutsu.
alr thanks

Back