• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ben 10 Cosmology and Chrono Navigator Upgrade/Discussion + Chronosapien Time Bomb discussion + Alien X practical immunity to sleep-, mind- and soulhax

Hello everyone,

The Cosmology + Chrono Navigator

I originally wanted to make this thread to get the Ben 10 cosmology officially accepted as exponentially expanding timelines since 2006 (the beginning of the show), luckily for us our lord and savior Maltruant (19:19) has control over the infinite time stream and because we already know there are hundreds of timelines in 2011/2012 as stated by Paradox, this means time in Ben 10 will never end (contrary to our own universe) and because of Paradox's ad infinitum statement, this means that when the Chrono Navigator is destroying all of time and all alternate timelines, it is destroying a 2A structure. A possibly 2 times 2A structure based on there being a second universe with different physics in the main timeline and most likely all timelines, this might just be another dimension like the Null Void or Diagon's dimension tho. There is also Ultimate Kevin coming back from the Forge of Creation to the main universe by flying to discuss but this is most likely PIS or Paradox just opened a portal for him.

The Chronosapien Time Bomb

I also propose a downgrade of the Chronosapien Time Bomb to 2C based on it only destroying all timelines in 2012 and not all timelines that will ever exist since they would be undone via a chain reaction and not by the bomb's actual AP, we can also discuss here if the CTB actually works via AP or hax and if it has existence erasure or not. There is also Clockwork only reversing time on a seemingly planetary scale to discuss.

According to Efficiente (not on this thread) and Firestorm destroying a timeline means destroying it's entirety and thus everything that branches from it, hence I propose an upgrade of the CTB to 2-A, for the same reasons as the Chrono Navigator.

Practical immunities for Alien X

My last point is only meant for VS battles and not his page: I propose practical immunity to potent sleep manipulation, mind manipulation and soul manipulation due to his mind(s) and most likely soul(s) being inside his pocket dimension, thus anyone who lacks the range to affect his pocket dimension or anyone who doesn't know about his pocket dimension and doesn't target it as a consequence of that, cannot successfully use sleep-, mind- or soulhax on him. This also means we have to discuss what range one must have to target his pocket dimension.

Small note: Ben and his personalities do not seem to be truly physical since Bellicus threatens to ignore Ben for a 1000 years and then put him on fire for another 1000 years, if Ben were physical he would not live for a 1000 years and thus there would be no point in putting him on fire, on the other hand putting him on fire does imply some physicality but I'm pretty sure this confirms Bellicus, Serena and Ben can't die by regular attacks inside X's pocket dimension.

The Anihilaarg Rejected by myself

I also decided to add the evidence I have for the Anihilaarg being 2C: We all know Ben recreates the universe but not exactly (something Firestorm thought about 4 months ago apparently lol) and as you can see Ben changed the design of Mr. Smoothy in the main timeline, nothing new there. However, the desig is also different in other timelines that come into view. And unless Celestialsapiens in the Forge of Creation liked the new design and decided to apply it to the multiverse (strongly doubt it), Mad Ben's timeline only diverges from the prime timeline during the first few seasons of Omniverse (doubt it as well) or that the prime timeline is the only timeline with the old design of Mr. Smoothy (pretty sure that's impossible), then as long as Alien X didn't retcon the past (highly unlikely because of the old design being used in "Ben Again" which is a time-travel episode), the Anihilaarg actually destroyed the multiverse aka all timelines (in the greatest power statement universe is also used to describe the multiverse + probably alternate dimensions like the Null Void, granted that had a bit more context) and Alien X recreated all of them, after all Kevin thought in Ultimate Alien that the universe is all there is, despite having been to the Null Void and Ledgerdomain and being shown alternate possible futures by Paradox. There is also a guide that claims that the Anihilaarg destroyed the multiverse which I can go look for if necessary. This along with it possibly recreating the CTB and the Anihilaarg also being the Big Bang that created all timelines in the first place, should actually be quite solid for 2C (maybe 2A depending on how the time bomb turns out).

Note: Ben 23's timeline has Mr. Gyro instead of Mr. Smoothy so don't know how that factors in here.

I actually agree with the 2-C downgrade. I think it should be phrased "2-C, will eventually become 2-B", since we know it'll be 2-B in the future.

Yeah, theoretically we could give it the AP of the verse it is detonated in when used in a vs battle with a maximum of 2A but that might be pushing it.

It's 2-B. Paradox shows that there are more than 1000 timelines. Ben 10k comes from the future and it's branching timelines.

The CTB destroyed all the future timelines too as shown by Ben 10k's erasure and Paradox showing all the alternate timelines fade to black.

Ben 10k was in 2012 at that time so it makes sense for him to be erased since for him, his present got erased. Those could be all alternate timelines that existed at that moment.

I edited the OP to include the timestamp for Maltruant's statement and included my reasoning for the Anihilaarg.

There are more than 1000 timelines in Ben 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Y-oTV9LtU

https://imgur.com/a/NnfNB0C

He's showing a map of all the timelines. There wouldn't be anything else in the map besides timelines. There are many universes/timelines depicted around them. If you watch the clip and see the changing camera angles, the clip shows that each white circle and dot are other universes. Why would a map of infinitely branching timelines show random stars or galaxies in the background? There's not just 20-ish universes in the clip.

Just the ones I marked on this scan in red is 100 universes.

100 Universes Marked

if the Chronosapien Timebomb only destoryed all timelines via a chain reaction, it would not explain why the No Watch's Ben Timeline was unaffected. Every timeline should have been affected, if the destrctuoin was done purely by a chain reaction.

Tbh I don't think it's worth counting them to get a max 2 times AP difference, some of those timelines are also on top of the tree which we know Paradox confirms as future timelines and didn't the CTB chop down the tree? Not put it on fire like the chrono navigator would?

The tree is just an analogy of how branching timelines work. It's not the actual map. The actual map is what he projects from the start.

Paradox: Think of time and space as this tree.

Agreed, we see the actual time stream in the final episode and the tree looks the most alike, but you get what I am saying right with it only destroying present stuff and future stuff gets erased because of causality? This gets even more complicated with certain timelines being out of sync when it comes to time (Gwen 10 takes place at the same time as OV) but I'm pretty sure there is a standard for this kind of stuff.

Think of it this way CTB needs to only kill Ben 10, Ben 23, Mad Ben, etc and their respective timelines and because Ben doesn't grow up, Ken 10 gets erased. While the chrono navigator also kills Ken 10, but at the same time as all Ben's so not via a paradox, the latter requires more energy than the former.

The CTB and branching timelines don't function like that.

If Ben and Paradox rebooted the timeline and easily travel to Ben 10k in the future, then all branching timelines past and present appear simultaneously in the perspective outside of time. They could easily go 1000 years into the future after the reboot. The future timelines aren't nonexistant until a period of time.

The Ultimate Alien statement of hundreds of timelines was retconned in Omniverse.

Eon: You're going to destroy this Ben 10 and his timeline? - Nice.

Vilgax: On the contrary, the detonation won't even touch this Ben Tennyson or his timeline. It's designed to wipe other timelines from existence.

Eon: Which one?

Vilgax: All of them. [ Laughs evilly ] Only this timeline will be left intact, while all others will cease to exist, so every Ben Tennyson not from this timeline will be destroyed.

That's not a retcon tho, even many timelines isn't even a retcon, unless you take Maltruant's infinite timestream statement as a retcon but in the final episode you see some branches of the time stream, this means it's expanding and thus can not be infinite at any given time. You have a point with Ben 10k getting erased, but I can't imagine a scenario where Ben 10k wouldn't get erased independent of wether or not the CTB destroyed hundreds, thousands or infinite timelines.

And them rebooting the timestream would bring Ben 10k back to life, independent of how many timelines were destroyed.

If one were to look at the reboot of the branching timestream from an outside perspective like a painting, you would see a line instantly turn into a branched tree. From there, you could point at any of the branched timelines whether it be during Omniverse or 1000 years in the future.

That's good and all but doesn't debunk the CTB only destroying hundreds of timelines and the rest being the result of causality, detonating an Anihilaarg before 2006 would have the same effect as the CTB when it comes to future timelines.

If that were the case, then why did the Bens only get erased when they made contact with the explosion with Ben Prime being last..

Because you only die when you get hit by something... same as the anihilaarg and I think it's assumed the CTB expanded to other timelines after killing all Ben's in No Watch Ben's timeline or they are all superpositioned on top of each other and they vibrate at different frequencies, while the CTB erases stuff on all frequencies simultaneously, explaining why Clockwork only needed to reverse on a planetary scale.

The CTB sent out a time ripple that destroyed all the other timelines. Clockwork sucked it back in, restoring the timelines.

Ben 23: "Sotobro Effect"?

Ben 10,000: A sort of ripple in the timestream that Clockwork causes when he uses his powers.

Clockwork: Let me guess -- Chronosapien time bomb? Paradox was right. Once I transformed, I could see the Sotobro Effect. Just figured I'd suck the ripple back in.

@Greenshifter i m going to ask you here to not derail the other thread, but what do you mean by "right now only about a hundred dimensions have been mentioned "? From this post

Diagon conquered 100 other dimensions before attempting to conquer Ben's dimension. Thus for now only 100 dimensions (that are most likely not timelines) have been confirmed to exist.

In order to cement a 2-A branching timeline, we need to see if people agree that DC's Hypertime is 2-A. Both follow the same branching rules, branching from a prime timeline forever.

Since Paradox applies both String Theory and Quantum Mechanics to the Ben 10 cosmos, it should mean that it has infinite universes, because according to both theories , there are infinite universes.

Which in addition with Maltruent saying "infinite time stream" and the infinite Generator Rex statement should mean there are infinite.

@Firestorm Doesn't DC's hypertime include previous continuities like pre-crisis which has infinite earths so it would be 2A by default?

If there is a thread going on about this rn for DC then a link would be appreciated… however I think it's confirmed that there is an end of time in DC no, like Flash running Black Flash to the end of time?

@Door Ben 10 seems to have a different variation of string theory than our universe because timelines only start branching in 2006 and because we also have an end of time which I stated Ben 10 does not have.

I swear I saw something of different continuities in Flash War, maybe it was Post-Crisis and that doesn't count?

Back