• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

My numbers suck rip
At least I'm married to that angel thing
You joined a little late, which means missing the most disadvantageous of the combat encounters (mostly, we're staying medieval so we're in a bad spot more often than usual).

It's also worth noting that high kills, low damage generally means you're more efficient with your damage (and probably don't do AoE)- when you hit someone, they more than often are incapacitated or just straight up die. This is true for Crab and others too, but your numbers are skewed by this, you have less opportunities to just beat on someone because they drop in fewer hits (ice axe goes crazy).

Case in point, Arceus has a shitton of damage for only having one kill. This is because his staff hits every-*******-body but doesn't normally down on its own. He is the Meat Tenderizer that prepares hordes for the melee lads (assuming I'm feeling risky, since more often than not he hits us, too)

Sometimes the game decides you just have to die.

We got a dire raid, which for the uninformed means we got attacked by a force 10x stronger by point value than our normal raids are. This is unfortunate because the game designated it as a Star Spawn of Cthulhu raid, which are thus far among the strongest creatures in the game: there are over three dozen of them that attacked us. First I summoned what aid I could: this proved ineffectual, unable to kill even one of the towering demigods. Next, I tried the classic strategy of @PsychoWarper, wherein we simply attempted to fog of torment them while Psycho and his minions healed. This, too, was ineffectual, the Star Spawn do simply too much damage. The next step was our melee line, which is where things fell apart in spite of an apparent numbers advantage by this point.

The melee line gave an incredibly honest attempt. The fact is that they were not defeated by any fair measure, but rather the passive insanity that came with our enemy, compounded by their numbers. Many of you didn't even suffer a single attack- @Crabwhale and @GreyFang82 were, in fact, at full health when they were rendered incapacitated by the cranial pressure building inside of their skulls. It was not long after some of you began to drop to your knees in madness that the first of us died: Jaquel, a new knight-recruit we had just gotten recruited the day before, perished to a decapitating punch. The next death followed shortly after with Yoshi having his arm ripped off even while his unicorn mount ran away in terror. I regret to say that one more fell before the ballista managed to gain an upper hand: @Rakih_Elyan has perished amongst the flames of his own hammer. Playing a pivotal role in this combat, setting enemies alight prevents them from taking actions aside from running around and trying to extinguish themselves. It is only because about six of them were set on fire that we could win at all. Rakih fell to the onslaught as he was one of the last to lose his mind.

An unfortunate circumstance of @Rakih's death is, too, the death of his pet, as his Labrador, Strick, became a manhunter and began eating my pawn's child in his bed. @Nierre was close by to put a bolt into the poor animal's head, driven insane by the death of his master. This comes as an exceptionally painful animal death: Strick had been in the colony since its inception.

To the remainder of the melee line's credit: once your sanity was able to go lower, you immediately sprang up and began fighting once more. In particular, @Tllmbrg launched to his feet with the death of two of the Star Spawn and picked up his axe to begin hacking away at the nearest foe, joined shortly after by his wife Ethorel and @GreyFang82.

The ranged line received no wounds, save for Jack, @Armorchompy's ripper hound, who fended off the singular Star Spawn who managed to reach them until the archers managed to do away with him.

I am saddened by this fight. It felt nigh unwinnable, with a foe nearly totally impervious to our attacks whose fists could crush all but our most resilient armors. We win the day, but it is a reminder of a grievous lack of refined defenses of our colony. In addition to the aforementioned dead, two more of Psycho's ghouls perished: Blixt and J-Man. He still has Hadley (formerly Man), Sarai, Prichard, and Rya active.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara conveniently awoke from her deathrest two hours after the last of the Cthulids were killed. ******.

Not yet, when we have magic shit online we're gonna teach @Da3ggman the Priest class (I bought something that I believe will teach him it, although he may start with none of his abilities- we have a scroll to then teach him Resurrection). Til then, his body is in the freezer and someone else is free to claim his sick ass adamantine plate armor.

@Rakih_Elyan has perished amongst the flames of his own hammer. Playing a pivotal role in this combat, setting enemies alight prevents them from taking actions aside from running around and trying to extinguish themselves. It is only because about six of them were set on fire that we could win at all. Rakih fell to the onslaught as he was one of the last to lose his mind.
Damn, I die a hero. Good end.

We got a dire raid, which for the uninformed means we got attacked by a force 10x stronger by point value than our normal raids are. This is unfortunate because the game designated it as a Star Spawn of Cthulhu raid, which are thus far among the strongest creatures in the game: there are over three dozen of them that attacked us. First I summoned what aid I could: this proved ineffectual, unable to kill even one of the towering demigods. Next, I tried the classic strategy of @PsychoWarper, wherein we simply attempted to fog of torment them while Psycho and his minions healed. This, too, was ineffectual, the Star Spawn do simply too much damage. The next step was our melee line, which is where things fell apart in spite of an apparent numbers advantage by this point.
Damn, I tried lads.

RIP Rakih

Not yet, when we have magic shit online we're gonna teach @Da3ggman the Priest class (I bought something that I believe will teach him it, although he may start with none of his abilities- we have a scroll to then teach him Resurrection). Til then, his body is in the freezer and someone else is free to claim his sick ass adamantine plate armor.
Me in the future:

tf2-medic.gif

• @GreyFang82 hosted the funeral to Rakih, which game out as good quality. It just seemed a little callous to host it while wearing the deceased's sick ass armor, pulled right from his corpse, is all. Like maybe he could have waited until after the funeral at least. To be respectful.
  • @Crabwhale and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara worked in tandem to deal with a mechanoid cluster that comprised of an entire mini-fort made of steel. This isn't long after the Cthulid fight so tons of people are still down and out, including the best of Psycho's undead. Psycho himself also joined in as ranged support, but his death haxing stuff is less effective against the mechanoids, and his ice wand doesn't have strong enough piercing power to destroy the *******.
  • I've taken about an hour aside to rework the work tab so people are having less conflicting schedules. I realize this isn't exciting to hear, but it's something that needed done for us to survive- simply not enough of you people were growing crops for a medieval society of our size and scope to survive off of. I've learned that @Comiphorous was only assigned to do one task this whole time, which was lower priority than hauling and cleaning.
  • @Tllmbrg finally successfully married Ethorel, the mechanical-limbed angel lady.
  • We got more of those events where a healer will regrow limbs for someone: @Crabwhale has regained a couple fingers and toes, and Tllmbrg's wife is no longer all-mechanical.
  • WE HAVE RECEIVED AN AUTOCLEANER AS AN ITEM IN A QUEST. We can get a roomba! I love them, and we technically have something that can generate power in the form of the cells left behind by mechanoid raids... and also our bird that generates 1 watt, but I'd rather use the mech-tech-thing. I realize that using the autocleaner may be contrary to the spirit of the run but I declare it is a type of golem and thus allowed.
  • We sent @GreyFang82 and @Armorchompy to a peace talk thing we were invited to- I normally ignore them but with unicorn mounts we can reach them in just a couple hours of overland travel. The two negotiated a peace between two of our allies and garnered a lot of favor from both kingdoms, causing both of them to be our allies. Because of this, I may invest in beacons for Aegis, which when lit would summon said allies. Could be cool. Could be sick.
  • @PsychoWarper was attacked by NINETY AVES in a manhunter pack the likes of which I've never seen. He left the scene entirely unwounded, save for some holes in his armor. Fog of torment against weaker foes goes CRAZY.

@Crabwhale and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara worked in tandem to deal with a mechanoid cluster that comprised of an entire mini-fort made of steel. This isn't long after the Cthulid fight so tons of people are still down and out, including the best of Psycho's undead. Psycho himself also joined in as ranged support, but his death haxing stuff is less effective against the mechanoids, and his ice wand doesn't have strong enough piercing power to destroy the *******.
Need my Lightning Powers back lol
@PsychoWarper was attacked by NINETY AVES in a manhunter pack the likes of which I've never seen. He left the scene entirely unwounded, save for some holes in his armor. Fog of torment against weaker foes goes CRAZY.
“Im not stuck in here with you, you’re stuck in here with Me!”

Time to go all-in on Golems baybee
I've been itching for golems, but I wwant to create artifacts for them first, since it says I can add like blades to the golems' hands. We already have a couple built.

Well to entertain y'all for now the colony I am playing with has had a really fun time as the lover couple that has been there since early game turned out to be a mother in law and her son in law. I found out when I tried to figure out why they haven't married in years despite another couple appearing and getting married in weeks. Separated their beds real fast after that.

• The arcane college is now operational enough to work on magical implements. Specifically, we have (finally) given @Comiphorous the Death Knight class we acquired eons ago. @Epiccheev and @PsychoWarper are our preeminent mages and thus craft most of the stuff (as it hinges on Crafting and Intellectual skills, which both of them have at fairly high levels). @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara helps with non-magical crafting (she isn't a mage and can't do magical crafting), because she also happens to have really good Intellectual and Crafting.
  • The above also means @Da3ggman has learned to become a priest and has read the scroll of resurrection. It takes all of his mana to cast it, and apparently will render himself and @Rakih_Elyan very weak when they wake up. Rakih will also lose 35% of his experience in skills if resurrected via this way. It's a heavy ass toll but one I see no alternative to.
  • I finally activated @Epiccheev's golem because I found out that I need to activate it and set it to dormant to modify it. In light of this I've equipped the arcane college with a flesh golem lab where human flesh can be butchered and stored by only people who won't take a mood debuff from it (specifically @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @PsychoWarper)

Its quiet… to quiet
Listen man, the further into a colony you get the less there is of note to report (although soon we will initiate a war). That, and work/people wanting me to play other stuff (Zomboid, mostly). I'm workin' on it.

Continuation!

• Work has begun on the castle proper of Aegis, ruled over by @Epiccheev. Castle Aegis will feature a cheesier killbox than I would usually employ, simply because we're medieval now and I can't toy around with combat as much (as evidenced by the haste with which Rakih died).
  • Speaking of, @Rakih_Elyan has returned to life by the hand of @Da3ggman, placing both of them into short term comas. It was a spectacle as holy light descended from the heavens and breathed life back into Rakih in the depths of our cold food storage (we don't have a proper crypt and I needed to preserve the body). It appears that Rakih has suffered only slight stat loss (I had Eggman improve his resurrection ability before casting it to reduce stat loss to only 5%) but this has still dropped his melee skill back down to 12 and his Intellectual to 15. Still great, but not as great as he was. He also appears to have been afflicted with hearing loss in his one ear as a result of his time spent in the Underworld.
  • A caravan with @PsychoWarper and his undead always says it is out of food and it makes it very difficult to plan one with them, since no matter how much food I produce for the food-eating people, it always says 0 days of food. Still. I've sent him with @Crabwhale and @Tllmbrg to deal with some labor camps that sprung up in our valley, in particular I'm interested in pillaging their magical leather for little reason other than using it as cool book binding material.
  • Speaking of, our library is now operational as part of the college. @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara has the honor of being the first to be chained to the writer's table, as she writes about an Intellectual book bound in the chitin of those Cthonians we fought.
  • @Tllmbrg is now our best construction guy, so he is declared Royal Architect (and thus the main guy building Castle Aegis). This unfortunately means a substantial mood debuff because he is always observing undead, as they make up our primary construction work force.
  • The megaspiders KEEP ******* COMING. @Armorchompy must be pissing them off and not mining right or something because we got three in a row, one of which destroyed one of our mines, the bastards. I wish they had cities (hives?) on the worldmap to destroy.
  • A dwarf named Asol Steelquake (hah, Asshole, Asol) fell from the sky and though she was from an enemy kingdom, she asked to join ours because she was paralyzed and it was -15 Celsius outside. A reasonable request, so I had @Comiphorous drag her to our singular medical bed, where she instantly joined our faction. We now have this midget vegetable who will remain this way for 37 days (a year in Rimworld is 60 days). They are also the only holder of any bionics in the colony, they have something called a "light receptor" in place of an eyeball which reports it functions at 40% efficiency of an eyeball. Sorta sucks this is the only bionic our medieval society has ever seen but, hey, cool find, worth the food if only for the novelty, I reckon.
  • @Nierre is working on her fourth kid and still managing our entire crop. The logistics of a medieval colony are daunting, and so having someone out in the ******* snowstorm, 2 AM, -20 Celsius, harvesting what we can, while pregnant, is a godsend.
  • @Arceus0x continues to devour all available drugs in the colony, most recently taking all of our Syrrium (a drug that gives brief super senses). ******.
277TLmu.png

Speaking of, @Rakih_Elyan has returned to life by the hand of @Da3ggman, placing both of them into short term comas. It was a spectacle as holy light descended from the heavens and breathed life back into Rakih in the depths of our cold food storage (we don't have a proper crypt and I needed to preserve the body). It appears that Rakih has suffered only slight stat loss (I had Eggman improve his resurrection ability before casting it to reduce stat loss to only 5%) but this has still dropped his melee skill back down to 12 and his Intellectual to 15. Still great, but not as great as he was. He also appears to have been afflicted with hearing loss in his one ear as a result of his time spent in the Underworld.
Still not stopping me from killing.

• Immediately after the last one, I found out our fox-demigod-mage woman has been consuming Luciferum, which if you don't know is a "drug" in the game that gives massive stat boosts but will kill you if you don't take it constantly. Unfortunately, I hadn't actually wanted to keep a Luciferum supply, so I got rid of what little we had left before I knew. She just went berserk on a cow, got knocked unconscious by the cow, and will probably die if I don't figure out how to get some more for the little wretch.
  • We were just struck by Gut Worms. By "we" I mean basically all of us. True to our medieval nature, @Crabwhale @Epiccheev @GreyFang82 @Da3ggman @Armorchompy @Tllmbrg @Rakih_Elyan and one of @Arceus0x's kids, Alexander, all suffer from Gut Worms. The colony is in for a bumpy time. Luckily we just got a large invasion of mechanoids, which hopefully means the AI will take it easy on us and not drop another one on our heads. Ox is in for a long night of "healing" (inserting parasites into colonists to make them fight and kill the gut worms).
  • Update on bullet point one: she fought an animated chair now and lost. We've got another Luciferbug to produce more of the drug for her, slowly, but I dunno if it'll be sufficient.
  • To celebrate coming back to life (and getting Gut Worms), @Rakih_Elyan put on a play at the Pie-Eyed Boar! Nobody came. He still had fun.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara awoke from deathrest, completely unaware of the healthcare crisis afflicting our little dark ages town, and went right back to writing her novel. This shit is gonna take even longer than the last playthrough, as we don't have a typewriter. While she was writing, she received an offer for diplomatic marriage from what seemed like a woman's name (it's nice the game pays attention to that sort of thing): she didn't care and kept writing.
  • One of the NPC knights we've recruited, Zemalgo, got into a food binge. Fairly harmless behavior with our current food setup. @GreyFang82 was nearby hauling some cheese to the freezer, so I sent him to calm him down the dude before he got out of hand. What ensued was a brief but funny exchange of Scooby-Doo-esque chases where Grey began to chase him, Zemalgo made a mad dash for the cheese Grey dropped, went to the farthest away table as possible to eat it before Grey got to him, got caught by Grey but ultimately did not calm down, ate the cheese, and then immediately left his supposed "binge". One piece of cheese.
  • I spent about five minutes trying to figure out why a few of us were considered to be "stunningly beautiful" in spite of having no traits associated with it (specifically the tradesman amongst us- @Rakih_Elyan, myself, and @GreyFang82, mostly). Turns out, jewelry. I equipped jewelry because it gives a bonus to social impact and even trade value! It also, unbeknownst to me, gives bonuses to beauty. And this is why people keep flirting with Lazarus, because they're gold diggers. Well. Citrine-diggers, in this case, technically.
  • Our faerie dragon developed alcoholism.
  • I sent a bunch of you to an insect-infested city; @GreyFang82 led a caravan consisting of @Crabwhale @Rakih_Elyan @Tllmbrg and @Comiphorous to see if they had anything of value hidden away in the ruins. They did, and the bugs weren't a big problem for such a well-equipped force, but I found two funny corpses that I'm fairly sure were randomly generated: Giggles, who had the title "Patient", and Wiggles, who had the title "Doctor". Before the city fell they must have been a great (or cringe) comedy duo.
  • We've finally built trebuchet for defenses during sieges. If they won't fight us and die like men, they will stand in the fields and be crushed like cowards.
  • @Epiccheev has begun the process of developing end-game armor for this playthrough: gilded full plate forged from gold and hardened adamantine.

Last edited:
Immediately after the last one, I found out our fox-demigod-mage woman has been consuming Luciferum, which if you don't know is a "drug" in the game that gives massive stat boosts but will kill you if you don't take it constantly. Unfortunately, I hadn't actually wanted to keep a Luciferum supply, so I got rid of what little we had left before I knew. She just went berserk on a cow, got knocked unconscious by the cow, and will probably die if I don't figure out how to get some more for the little wretch.
Sadge, we have a real bad drug problem huh.
We were just struck by Gut Worms. By "we" I mean basically all of us. True to our medieval nature, @Crabwhale @Epiccheev @GreyFang82 @Da3ggman @Armorchompy @Tllmbrg @Rakih_Elyan and one of @Arceus0x's kids, Alexander, all suffer from Gut Worms. The colony is in for a bumpy time. Luckily we just got a large invasion of mechanoids, which hopefully means the AI will take it easy on us and not drop another one on our heads. Ox is in for a long night of "healing" (inserting parasites into colonists to make them fight and kill the gut worms).
I suffer from no such weakness.
I spent about five minutes trying to figure out why a few of us were considered to be "stunningly beautiful" in spite of having no traits associated with it (specifically the tradesman amongst us- @Rakih_Elyan, myself, and @GreyFang82, mostly). Turns out, jewelry. I equipped jewelry because it gives a bonus to social impact and even trade value! It also, unbeknownst to me, gives bonuses to jewelry. And this is why people keep flirting with Lazarus, because they're gold diggers. Well. Citrine-diggers, in this case, technically.
I wonder if I got blinged the **** out if it would make people ******* hate me less?

Of note is that Fujiwara's damage output will only continue to increase faster than most others due to the Sanguophage stuff (she is now way more skilled in combat and also does more damage per hit- she's on-par with the per-hit damage of our strongest hitters, namely Hadley, one of Psycho's undead, and just a bit ahead of Crab). Ranged people expectedly fall somewhat behind in damage output, as their strengths in combat behoove them to remain back and attack less. Once the castle is prepared, I intend to have a more traditional kill box arranged in the fortification, and they will thus get a lot more combat time.
Now that's what I like to hear.
@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara awoke from deathrest, completely unaware of the healthcare crisis afflicting our little dark ages town, and went right back to writing her novel. This shit is gonna take even longer than the last playthrough, as we don't have a typewriter. While she was writing, she received an offer for diplomatic marriage from what seemed like a woman's name (it's nice the game pays attention to that sort of thing): she didn't care and kept writing.
8iurLKm.png

Also yeah can we please lock this stuff down already? It feels like anyone who wants drugs gets them immediately at this point. Next thing you know I'm doing meth with several skeletons and a boomrat

I wonder if I got blinged the ** out if it would make people ***** hate me less?
nope, you give a -8 mood debuff for being seen ("Observed Undead"), completely separate from your beauty values.

• @Armorchompy has a sporty new backpack that is almost insultingly pink. No clothing accessory should exist with such vibrant colors. We made it out of owlbear featherfur.
  • The alcoholic faerie dragon, Ignis, continues to be a nuisance by insisting on attacking when we get an insect infestation in our mines. They beat the **** out of him. He's recently lost his rear right paw to this.
  • We got an Imperium quest we could finally actually do without being annoying- 12 Insectoid hives would pop up in our territory but we wowuld be given five janissaries (mid-range troopers of the Imperium) that would help us fight it. They spawned in a deeply inconvenient spot, in those huge open limestone caverns behind the college. @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara was present and I had her just sit in the 1-tile opening into these caverns (the rest were walled off) and prayed everyone else would reach her on time. Luckily, she actually more or less dealt with it herself: turns out being able to turn off the enemy's ability to damage you is pretty huge, and I had @Epiccheev, the other guy to be there first, give her a Brand of Fitness to increase her physical attributes further. She dealt with the worst of it before anybody aside from @PsychoWarper managed to show up. After we finished the fight, the janissaries murdered a trader that was visiting us as well as a sheep, and then left, leaving their one wounded behind. That guy that was wounded didn't actually get hit by the insects- he accidentally shot Fujiwara while her reflection was up, which caused his own projectile to hit him in the head.
  • @Rakih_Elyan fed a bushel of apples to a floating chair and, to his credit, the chair appears to have eaten them.
  • I'm having @PsychoWarper craft a Ring of Malice for @Comiphorous, which will generate Hate for the latter and allow him to more readily use his Death Knight abilities.
  • now the other ******* Faerie Dragon, Vesper, is an alcoholic.
  • @Crabwhale finally beat the poor fox woman to death. after she went berserk on someone in their home next door to Crab. This technically solves the delicate issue of how to fix her.
  • After @Armorchompy decided he wanted a better bedroom, he then decided the best course of action to achieve that was an insulting spree- first against @Tllmbrg and then against @Da3ggman. While he charged to these people to insult them, @Rakih_Elyan bounded after him to get him to calm down- it was perhaps the most annoying thing I've ever seen, wherein Armor expertly and totally accidentally sidestepped the pursuing therapist.
  • We bought two entire houses from the Space People. I didn't realize they could just sell them. They were dropped from space. We just placed 'em down and bam, houses. How about that.
  • Another day, another large-scale raid by Cthulhu monstrosities where @PsychoWarper loses more undead. Rya perished to the onslaught, although this all proved a good test run for the new defenses in Castle Aegis. I surmise that it works better against pawns (that is, humans) since the Cthulhu creatures tend to be extremely resilient towards damage (and thus are unlikely to succumb to any wounds we can output). For the record, Rya's body was not disintegrated, and so Psycho just rose her back up after the fight.

@Rakih_Elyan fed a bushel of apples to a floating chair and, to his credit, the chair appears to have eaten them.
I can't be insane right?

After @Armorchompy decided he wanted a better bedroom, he then decided the best course of action to achieve that was an insulting spree- first against @Tllmbrg and then against @Da3ggman. While he charged to these people to insult them, @Rakih_Elyan bounded after him to get him to calm down- it was perhaps the most annoying thing I've ever seen, wherein Armor expertly and totally accidentally sidestepped the pursuing therapist.
Lol

I'm having @PsychoWarper craft a Ring of Malice for @Comiphorous, which will generate Hate for the latter and allow him to more readily use his Death Knight abilities.
“Good, let the hate flow through you”
now the other ******* Faerie Dragon, Vesper, is an alcoholic.
Homie Crab might be right you gotta get these asdictive substances under control.
@Crabwhale finally beat the poor fox woman to death. after she went berserk on someone in their home next door to Crab. This technically solves the delicate issue of how to fix her.
Sadge
Another day, another large-scale raid by Cthulhu monstrosities where @PsychoWarper loses more undead. Rya perished to the onslaught, although this all proved a good test run for the new defenses in Castle Aegis. I surmise that it works better against pawns (that is, humans) since the Cthulhu creatures tend to be extremely resilient towards damage (and thus are unlikely to succumb to any wounds we can output). For the record, Rya's body was not disintegrated, and so Psycho just rose her back up after the fight.
We simply ballin at no cost

Back