• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

Being a Golemancer paid off, this thing slaps!
Call it Abaddon and give it a fire/death build. (Also, does it look cool?)
I haven't seen it actually activated yet, to be honest. They look very different when activated compared to their building form, and they look different depending on the upgrades applied to 'em. So uh... I'll show when the upgrades are done.

• The attack began on the Imp colony... poorly. We had little cover to approach and they had a formidable wall of spike traps up. We formed a line of ranged fighters with as much cover as could be gleaned from two chunks out in the open, and instantly an Impid mage used a spell that ripped apart Simpson, one of our knights. I ordered @Crabwhale to execute that woman (which he did swimmingly) just as @PsychoWarper managed to hit @Rakih_Elyan with friendly fire, downing him instantly. The Impids quickly made up ground (one even grapple hooked past their own traps to clear distance instantly) and shot @GreyFang82 in the face with their fire breath. Verach, the Impid who killed Simpson, launched a fireball at our ranged line, causing them to scatter and one of them, Moon, to wander into a spike trap. Iris, another member of the squadron placed under Grey's control for this little crusade, lost a hand to the fire. This was a fairly devastating fight and honestly we got pretty lucky there were only about 20 Impids in this settlement, otherwise it could have been much worse. For sport I had Crabwhale teleport-chase down the ones who started to run, because **** 'em. I plan to make a page for Verach as their most impressive warrior, felled by a musket shot to the heart. We left Simpson's body to the camp: she is ultimately replaceable.
  • @Arceus0x decided it was his turn to build a flesh golem in the corpse butchering chamber. His own mental fatigue at this would have been acceptable, but he then decided to bring two of the children in to teach them... cooking? To the children's credit, they didn't appear to really give a **** about the bodies on meat hooks.
  • Because of the outrageous amount of preserved food we've looted from Szichs (the Impid village) and Asturica (the Imperial village), I'm having Grey's caravan just travel the desert looking for settlements we don't know about yet. Everyone who was previously allied towards us, we automatically learned their base locations: this means people who have always been our enemies are still hidden. The Light of our Crusade will reveal them.
  • We are spending copious amounts of money on Plasteel. We're close to the point of sending out a caravan with my pawn in it to trade with our colonies to get more.
  • I don't know how @Armorchompy knows what he knows, but he has a cousin who is Missing (that is, kidnapped but alive) whom he has a negative opinion of because he can somehow sense that they are naked. Reaching out into the ether, Armor knows his cousin is GROSS.
  • Our faerie dragons continue to succumb to alcoholism. They are now listed as having a "massive" alcohol tolerance.
  • As the map ticks around to 5507 (7 years after the start of the game), we find a settlement in the desert we weren't aware of, related to the Central Republic (another wing of the Roman factions). Ambianum, city of the Romans, will have to fall for us to be satisfied. One of their high senators was present, giving us an enemy general to shoot for to consider this a worthwhile attack. The senator in question, Rada, was a blood mage wearing all excellent quality adornments and an excellent bronze sword. Nothing compared to the gear we were packing, but she was imposing certainly. Strangely enough, when the Senator was killed... by us... the game informed us that his civilization would punish us for letting him die "in our care". Not how I'd put it, but I'm excited to see how you try that one. Wwe didn't even have to engage these guys in melee combat, the ranged line plus Death Bolt took care of most of them pretty easily. At least @Rakih_Elyan is still necessary, since he carries around a sick-ass flintlock. The city had an entirely golden sword within one of its guard towers- awful quality, but money is money. @Crabwhale managed to chase down the singular survivor who escaped the death fog falling upon her home: a female butcher named Artelia Bloodsworn, who had dropped her javelin to sprint away faster in spite of her injuries and garbed in Thorium armor, which is pretty good compared to her allies. Didn't save her though. First major battle of 5507 finished with only one injury, as one of our ranged soldiers was stung by a large bee.
  • Slowly I've been accrediting facilities in our base to you guys. @Arceus0x runs the inn (and occasionally is given firearms as a tip for his services?), @PsychoWarper runs the college, @Epiccheev runs the armory, @Rakih_Elyan runs the tollhouse, @Nierre runs the medical ward, and @GreyFang82 runs the prison. I am now creating a museum to hold the treasures of war we're going to have: I think it is only fitting that the genuinely immortal member of the colony, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, be given dominion over a gallery meant to display the ages: she will be old enough to maintain the museum when all of us are long gone, and her artistic talents make a good combo, one feels, with a place dedicated to the preservation of culture.
  • The last stop for this message is Herberon Stronghold, a holding owned by the Empire of Inhibo, whom I previously thought was the same empire as the last fights. They recently asked for help with their harvests. They're living in a desert, and so must be lying: they deserve the divine retribution that shall be visited upon them. I decided to not abuse chokepoints for this and see about an earnest, honest our-line-of-soldiers-vs-yours fight against them. This went poorly, and both of Psycho's undead bodyguards fell to the onslaught: Rya and Dunlap didn't disintegrate, so I'm waiting to resurrect them at time of writing. One of the enemy had a ******* gun. Like a pistol. Not blackpowder, either, fully modern. She unloaded into @GreyFang82 to no avail because his armor is made of adamantine before @Crabwhale bum rushed her to get that shit out of here. One of the enemy mages got off a very good frost explosion that messed up our ranged line pretty bad, but nothing too serious- frankly, it should have counteracted the severe burns one of them had from the fire mage of the romans, but that's the unfairness of life for you.
  • We got... treasure hunters. I forgot I added this. They're in full high-tech gear, a faction of individuals who solely travel the Rim to find extremely valuable gear. They're a very rare trader to get, we've gone all this time without one. I started typing this before seeing what they had: firstly, archotech prosthetics, very good and allowable by how I'm running this game (set within the standard Rimworld universe so that everything high-tech still technically exists but restricting our technological process to medieval; we can't use firearms but stuff nobody understands anyways, like archotech stuff, is fine). Also. They have uh. An Inferno Cannon. Which is a robot only gun that I'm pretty sure is Tier 7. We can't use it, because it's a gun, but I about shit myself. We sold them some technological scraps we couldn't smelt for material, and one of our resurrector mech serums, since we have Eggman to resurrect people now if necessary. We bought a mutant eyeball from them too, which sees better than a normal one but reduces psychic sensitivity. An emergency measure, perhaps. Could also plop that into @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara's socket, if desired.
  • Now that I look at it, there appears to be a castle held by an allied kingdom barbarous foe in a fairly unique place: a biome referred to as a "pyroclastic conflagration" that appears to be covered as hell in lava. Next stop, there, to kill them, for living here before us. Tally ho.

• As the map ticks around to 5507 (7 years after the start of the game), we find a settlement in the desert we weren't aware of, related to the Central Republic (another wing of the Roman factions). Ambianum, city of the Romans, will have to fall for us to be satisfied. One of their high senators was present, giving us an enemy general to shoot for to consider this a worthwhile attack. The senator in question, Rada, was a blood mage wearing all excellent quality adornments and an excellent bronze sword. Nothing compared to the gear we were packing, but she was imposing certainly. Strangely enough, when the Senator was killed... by us... the game informed us that his civilization would punish us for letting him die "in our care". Not how I'd put it, but I'm excited to see how you try that one. Wwe didn't even have to engage these guys in melee combat, the ranged line plus Death Bolt took care of most of them pretty easily. At least @Rakih_Elyan is still necessary, since he carries around a sick-ass flintlock. The city had an entirely golden sword within one of its guard towers- awful quality, but money is money. @Crabwhale managed to chase down the singular survivor who escaped the death fog falling upon her home: a female butcher named Artelia Bloodsworn, who had dropped her javelin to sprint away faster in spite of her injuries and garbed in Thorium armor, which is pretty good compared to her allies. Didn't save her though. First major battle of 5507 finished with only one injury, as one of our ranged soldiers was stung by a large bee.
Meat is meat. Kinda ****** up though.
  • Slowly I've been accrediting facilities in our base to you guys. @Arceus0x runs the inn (and occasionally is given firearms as a tip for his services?), @PsychoWarper runs the college, @Epiccheev runs the armory, @Rakih_Elyan runs the tollhouse, @Nierre runs the medical ward, and @GreyFang82 runs the prison. I am now creating a museum to hold the treasures of war we're going to have: I think it is only fitting that the genuinely immortal member of the colony, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, be given dominion over a gallery meant to display the ages: she will be old enough to maintain the museum when all of us are long gone, and her artistic talents make a good combo, one feels, with a place dedicated to the preservation of culture.
Give me my hermit tower already smh

• Such exuberance we have attained that I now build furniture out of smelted silver coins. This has, predictably, made us very poor for now, but we made a lot of silver furniture. Basically everything in the new gallery/museum is made of it.
  • We're attacking the Citadel-on-the-Delta, a castle belonging to the Ourmenum Empire, formerly our allies at +100 relations (as good as it can get). They're on our property and must be evicted. Shortly before the battle, I learned @PsychoWarper was dangerously low on mana and his mount, a lindwurm named Orcus, disintegrated. We can't replace the mount but luckily Psycho can regain mana by eating corpses, which there's about to be a lot of. This castle seems particularly stacked in terms of raw numbers, having a couple dozen more than other locations. Notably, they had a dude in full adorned plate with 19 skill in melee, wielding a greatsword and with Warlock powers. Most of the other casters seemed easy to deal with, so this guy, High Lord Olek, is the priority target. The enemy has a lot of weird movements as part of this battle, with some trying to circle around a mountain to be on the other side of the cave system we were using to get to them. This... creates problems. We deal with the closer fellows first, including Olek, making prestigious use of Fog of Torment focused on Dunlap (Rya was being very slow in getting to our position). This dealt with most of them: not many could make it through the Fog alive, however notably Olek did along with another pretty heavily armored fellow named Smith. I had @Crabwhale engage Olek directly, with @GreyFang82 taking on Smith. Crab's arm was nearly ripped off by a shadow bolt, the one ability I really didn't want to be used on us from the Warlock repetoire, but luckily only Crab was in the AoE, since he had teleported in to engage with the enemy Lord and thus wasn't near any of us. Even with this setback, Crab fairly easily overcame the warlock, and Grey succeeded in beheading Smith in a single hit from the monosword. Now for the people approaching from the rear of the cave: I hadn't noticed, during the melee, that they had caught up to Rya, who is somehow even slower than Psycho ever was. To prevent Rya's destruction, another Fog of Torment is dropped down at a less-than-ideal location, blocking one path of the cave but not the other. So, it's time to get to work: @GreyFang82 @Crabwhale and @Rakih_Elyan form in a line blocking off the second cave path, with the ranged line behind them. @Rakih_Elyan is shot many times by an enemy mage, some sort of icicle machine gun type spell- I'm not familiar with it. Fascinatingly, they had a bladedancer, who used the teleport ability to engage with the melee line (and got a decent hit in on Crab for their trouble). However... they were naked? The pawn, Johns, was equipped with a proper weapon, a Good quality steel billhook, but had no clothes on at all. He wasn't even a nudist. He perished in a single hit, delivered instantly from each of the three Royal Knights. The rest of the fight continues with little trouble: the Kingdoms don't seem keen to equip the Medieval Overhaul armor, so many of them are functionally unarmored (or equipped with only the bear minimum). Only about 10-20% of their numbers have proper gear, and even then our weapons are so high-end that it seems to make little difference except in the cases of extremes (one of the enemy wore a set of sky steel heavy plate, which was enough for me to consider him for a moment before he was shot in the skull by a musket). Dunlap did perish during the fighting, in spite of the Fog of Torment, so we resurrected him again because his torment will only end when he's dust. And, that, is the story of Worm's Citadel-on-the-Delta, easily the coolest siege so far.
  • We continue work on @Epiccheev's son, Abaddon, with @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara contributing since many of the pieces require high Intelligence and Crafting, which she is great at. We've now given it an axe forged to its hands, and we're increasing its mana regeneration rate. On the docket is a fire aura that heals it and burns enemies, fuel that will magically increase its speed by about 75%, its death coat of arms that will increase the power, cooldown, etc of all abilities and double the effectiveness of its Decaying Touch, and a Death Field that it can project around itself to strike enemies passively (but still at cost of its energy pool). The main thing limiting us is that we've run out of Magicyte in creating these hordes of golems- we need a good amount more before we're capable of finishing Abaddon.
  • @Comiphorous lost his mind at one point and went on a dazed wander. He exited it when he was hungry (nearly starving) and went for the nearest piece of food: the entire body of a Megaspider. He ate it, in the dark of our mines, where he had decided to wander, and then went to take a nap. At least he wasn't hungry anymore.
  • I'm having @Tllmbrg and his wife go out and beat the hell out of two Thrumbos. They beat the pair easily, no wounds acquired: the first by Lemberg's holy charge and Ethorel flying in to assist, and the second by Overwhelming the thing to blind it for the entire duration of the fight. They didn't manage a hit on Ethorel and Tllmbrg's holy shield prevented even minor wounds.
  • I'm not sure why he was doing it but @Armorchompy just dropped like six boulders into our freezer and then wandered off.
  • My paranoia has led me to try to minmax @Tllmbrg to always be near Castle Aegis. I don't want anything bad to happen, and his Paladin abilities seem extremely yoked. His ass is field general until Crab gets back.
  • Our last stop (for now) on the Western Deathmarch is a spot called Roler Desert. We can't carry much more, but luckily @GreyFang82 has regained his Shuttle summon. So we're going to kill these guys, get their stuff, and shuttle home. This is a tribal place, which for whatever reason, despite being objectively the weakest of the enemies we're fighting, always have the best loot, with access to high value art objects and magical gear (such as the Ruunbleds). As such, I'm going to cheat a little to make it harder by spawning a maximum value raid when we get in- 10,000 points to come and kill us with. Hopefully this gives us something to consider a good challenge. To add to this, I've also spawned to smaller raids: 5,000 on one side, and 2,500 points on the other. This will be a battle that pushes us.
  • Onto the actual combat report: we luckily spawned next to a small ruin that allowed us to limit the enemy's access to us. Positioning the melee people at entrances, and our ranged soldiers outside for now (until the enemy got close, at which point they'd be brought in), the 10,000 raid got to us first, accompanied by the 5,000 raid. The 5,000 raid wwas hit by the first Fog of Torment, and quickly decided they had "done enough damage" and retreated. It turns out, one of the weaker pawns in that raid was the faction's overall leader: I like noting the prime enemy pawn to mark them as a 'general', but this one was simply too weak. I chose another, this leader was ineffectual and will be forgotten by history soon. @Rakih_Elyan led the ranged line in firing at the bow-wielding tribals, and managed to headshot a boomalope-human hybrid, causing them to explode next to a warrior who was apparently preparing some sort of AoE poison attack that instead blew up centered on him. It was a fun moment causing about seven enemy deaths. The number of enemies was becoming an issue so I called upon our own military forces, conjuring about 15-20 knights in basic gear: enough to have a presence, but they were facing about 100 tribals and I suspected they would be overwhelmed, even in spite of the hilariously powerful warrior we had at the head of our forces, Fulton, a chaos mage who knew fireball, lightningbolt, valiant charge (Tllmbrg's paladin-flight thing), shield, heal, AND consume corpse to allow her to keep using it. This would be one of the most insane combat-oriented chaos mage pulls, @Arceus0x keeps randomly getting mid. The fight went better than anticipated, with many of them arriving in slow streams of three or four enemies single-file: this allowed us to kill practically all of them before reaching us. Our superior bows and crossbows gave us a definite range advantage, and by targeting their mages, we prospered. I had @Crabwhale chase down the retreating cowards and @GreyFang82 engage the enemies entrenched in the village proper, along with Fulton and her warriors- the battle there was of little concern. With the last of the enemies taken down by Grey and Rakih (a particularly annoying enemy who refused to flee, a bat-like shaman-archer named Brett), we looted the village- Grey having Blink as a psycast means he can keep up with faster pawns by teleporting, too. These artifacts will make a lovely addition to the Gallery of Valor. Just as the battle ended, Summer began. You guys were out marauding for the entirety of Spring, having started in the Winter of the previous year. A long war indeed. And it still isn't finished, but we can go no further for now. We took one captive, whom was remarkably unscathed by the cutting and tearing of flesh: a butcher named Lockheart that @PsychoWarper had drained mana from, incapacitating her for the entire fight before she could get wounded. Rare is the enemy whom we do not lop something important off of, so we took her. There were 162 enemies on the map: we fought them with 5 mook ranged fighters, 2 undead knights, 3 royal knights, and a lich. We did good!
  • As a closing note, we now control about half of the Kooultedista Barrens in addition to the western half of the Armbrarlo Range, representing the Kingdom of Wratholme's end size. There are only two or three outstanding settlements infringing on our territory: the next march will take care of 'em.

what does that mean?
you're a Chaos Mage, which means you have no hard-set selection of spells, instead you can occasionally reroll them to get a new selection of randomly selected spells from any other class' stuff. You get I think 5 or 6 spells with this per shuffle. Every time I do it for you, you get on average one or two decent abilities and then a bunch of situational stuff. Once you get something incredible, we're sticking with it, for sure.

A place to brood and write edgy poetry.

Also you can store weapons there or something Idk.
I possess a library and an armory. Perhaps a meditation hut would be warranted. I shall consider it.

• @Da3ggman is an ascetic, and so is in love with the massive stores of insect jelly we've accrued from killing giant maneating insects. Very happy for him.
  • The colony wealth increased, as of the end of the Deathmarch, from 1.7 million to 2.2 million. That is an insane jump.
  • A prison break has left one of the prisoners down an arm and a leg. This is the result of Azazel, the First Golem and @Epiccheev's first son- he was cleaning the hallway outside of the cells so I just let him handle it. He bit off the poor woman's arm on attack one and gored her leg to shreds shortly thereafter.
  • @PsychoWarper continues collaboration with Cheev to erect Abaddon. His work on increasing the mana regeneration rate was disturbed by a raid of Shoggoths- Psycho dealt with them from behind the melee wall of Azazel, Prichard, and @GreyFang82- and somehow melted our Sanguophage prisoner, Victor, through the ******* wall. The gases of torment must have seeped in through the cracks and consumed his brain, as that and most of his vital organs were reduced to mush on his cell floor. During the fight, @Tllmbrg's wife swooped in to assist, which caused her to get her ass beat as her pawn decided to take up the frontmost position (alone). Due to her wounds, Ethorel miscarried, and also @Nierre failed to install a mechanical leg on her. So uh. We need a shaman or a quest to find a mystical healer, pronto.
  • @Armorchompy is using boulders to prop open the freezer doors. Stop it.
  • We have a lot of dungeons, since I've learned I can just sort of dump 2500 silver to learn about one from certain people in traders. Therefore, I'm sending out @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara on a quest to deal with them- along with about six of the golems (four flesh, two stone) and Psycho's Undead. Of course, I wouldn't leave her totally dependent on Fog of Torment, so I also sent @Comiphorous and two of the better equipped lesser knights, Garfunkle and Breakfast. It's a damn shame that, although the first ruin was fairly easy, I sent the two sanguophages to fight the fire mage. No serious injuries, but both Garfunkle and Fujiwara began wandering away from the fight because of fire.
  • After the small ruin, we accepted a big quest for the Imperium: we can't use the SMG or jump pack (both legendary) that are offered in the rewards, but we can use the 2600ish plasteel. All we have to do is uh... fight two waves of... 121 heavily armored enemies. But they gave us 9 troopers to help out, it'll be fine. I immediately told @PsychoWarper to split off the dungeon party to swerve back home, since this was going to be a proper battle and Fog of Torment would make it less of a battle and more of an experiment in human pain capacity. Until then, @Crabwhale and @Rakih_Elyan man the defenses, ever watchful. Just before the fight, I had @Epiccheev finally read and cast Living Wall, to animate our defenses against our mighty foe... but then they chose to be the FIRST RAID EVER to come in the way of our corpse pile. So we rushed all of our defenders to our much less optimized wall over there to hold the line. @PsychoWarper dropped Fog of Torment before they broke the walls, so about 100 enemies were boiling alive in a death-cloud. This fully stopped the raid, this ability is absurdly overpowered. I think the only one to be wounded properly was @Tllmbrg, who was able to make it there to serve as a melee fighter and get hit in the head once by a mace before cutting the dude's arm off, killing him instantly.
  • The second wave arrived and was met by free reinforcements from our allies, the Alliance of Boaclan, who are evil, vile smelly fish people, who were led by an alcoholic pyromaniac waster named Euthanizer, whose sole weapon was a pure gold ikwa. This dude came to party, so I figured I'd let him have at 'em, they were waiting out in the field for a siege anyways (even though they can't build mortars, dumb bastards). At this point my game was lagging significantly, since the allies brought about 50 dudes, the enemies numbered at about 120, and also the next point below, which was happening simultaneously. I quickly realized that these were not really allies: they were here to loot the dead. I contemplated lining up our spacer-geared soldiers and just mowing them down- by the time I'd realized their intentions, we had allowed them perilously close to our fort, such that some would get in before we could keep them out. Many did, in fact, get in before I sought to fight them. And then I remembered why these guys are the most annoying sons of bitches of all time: they come equipped with tox packs and naturally release corpse rot in tremendous amounts. Honestly **** these guys and the person who invented them, and **** me for allowing them to exist in this world. I feel no pity for the mass of bodies writhing in agony. We lost most of the janissaries here. I ended up just having Psycho fly out and blowing up the enemy before flying back to provoke a frontal attack already. It went about as expected, with the addition of @Arceus0x using an Attraction spell to continuously drag people back into the Fog of Torment. @Crabwhale teleported outside to kill off some of the ones who got wise and wanted to attack our walls, coz **** that. The actual fight was way less psychologically taxing than dealing with the stupid god damn ******** "allies" who wanted to randomly take our stuff, because apparently as allies we can be expected to provide them with riches when they want it. I think I'll have a death march against specifically this civilization, it would make literally every other civilization love us again. God I hate them. So much.
  • ...During the battle, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @Comiphorous made it to the ancient dungeon. It's filled with mechanoids. This sucks. Comiphorous charges in headfirst in front of the golems and gets locked in a spot where we can't help him, so I have the two psionics dash in (effectively an explosive teleport) to help out. They both go down, leaving Fujiwara to continue hacking her way to our Death Knight. Reversal helps a lot here for a bit, but frankly the mammoth mechs are too powerful to easily neutralize so we can't just tear through them, even with our advanced armaments. Our psionics are repeatedly getting up and down as I realize that what's actually downing them is heatstroke: we're in confined quarters with a spreading fire. We **** out of that room and allow the mechs to follow us, killing them as they come to a more ideal killspot. It is not long before we find a central chamber filled with about twice as many mechs: I dunno about this, so I begin looking around the place aside from this central chamber, leaving Fujiwara and the two stone golems at the door. The flesh golems are just wandering around scouting for more pods of enemies when one of them finds a bathroom. No big deal, I skip the rest of the stall doors and open a door to a small 1x3 room in the bathroom... which has an unstable power cell and two landmines, active. The golem didn't trigger them, though, so like. Cool? We explored to the north of the complex until I decided the explored area was basically safe so I unconscripted you guys so you could eat. Instead of eating, you began entering into unexplored area while I was dealing with the ******* stink-people and ran into more mechanoids. You fools. You buffoons. You cretins. Hate. Hate. Sigh. Slow breaths. You guys are trapped here and the threat is significantly larger than anticipated. It's about a day away from home but luckily you guys came with about six days of food, so... you're going to camp out while help arrives. I need to go contemplate alcoholism.
  • oh yeah and ****** @Rakih_Elyan had inspired recruitment so he put a dude in jail, immediately began chatting him up, and instantly recruited him, fresh from the battlefield, which was a funny sequence of events.
I actually became unbearably agitated with dealing with these two situations at once, these pawns are actual fuckwits, I'm losing my mind.

• @Da3ggman is an ascetic, and so is in love with the massive stores of insect jelly we've accrued from killing giant maneating insects. Very happy for him.

Damn, I didn't know I was freaky like that.

@PsychoWarper continues collaboration with Cheev to erect Abaddon. His work on increasing the mana regeneration rate was disturbed by a raid of Shoggoths- Psycho dealt with them from behind the melee wall of Azazel, Prichard, and @GreyFang82- and somehow melted our Sanguophage prisoner, Victor, through the ******* wall. The gases of torment must have seeped in through the cracks and consumed his brain, as that and most of his vital organs were reduced to mush on his cell floor.
I immediately told @PsychoWarper to split off the dungeon party to swerve back home, since this was going to be a proper battle and Fog of Torment would make it less of a battle and more of an experiment in human pain capacity.
@PsychoWarper dropped Fog of Torment before they broke the walls, so about 100 enemies were boiling alive in a death-cloud. This fully stopped the raid, this ability is absurdly overpowered.
Im simply ******* ballin boyos.

Also its kinda fun y to watch Bambu shift his opinion on Fog since at the start he basically didnt use it.

In Psycasts Expanded, the AoEs were usually not worth it for most fights- even the space laser rarely killed on its own (rather weakening everyone by a lot) and came at the cost of putting Comiphorous in a 6-hour coma. This one has no drawbacks and basically wins fights on its own. This mod kicks ass but I really can't justify using it ever again simply because of how absurdly overpowered it is.

Fog of Torment is so powerful we've severely handicapped like two of our own colonists whom I didn't notice just... wander into it. I don't remember which one it is but one of our lesser knights is walking around with a rotten brain. I'm not sure how they're alive.

• @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @Comiphorous's expedition to this ancient dungeon has sucked so far. Excessive use of heat-based weapons from our enemies leaves us with little choice but to vacate vast swathes of the chambers to allow them to cool down again. In every fight, we are outnumbered. I decided that the previously mentioned central chamber would make for a suitable fight while we wait for the cavalry to arrive: I positioned our two stone golems at one entrance, the four flesh golems at another, and the four knights (Mad Dog, Jebediah, Garfunkle, and Breakfast) at the other. I allowed the stone golems to enter first as the tankiest of our number, and the flesh golems second as the most expendable. Fujiwara charged in after the battle initiated to attack those ranged enemies that were content to position themselves far from the golems to use their cannons. This strategy, largely, worked. Garfunkle the Sanguophage was downed again, and @Comiphorous attempted to wander off during the fight in a low-mood daze before he was set on fire and exited the daze. This fight was not a free win, however: a Flesh-Golem and fully upgraded Stone-Golem were both destroyed amidst the fighting. Our numbers in the dungeon dwindle.
  • Following the last major battle at home base, @Nierre entered a mental break and decided that the one at fault for all the corpses littering the ground was Prichard, Psycho's bodyguard who presently was assigned to stand in the killbox for eternity. Low-hanging fruit, perhaps, but I've no problem with that. Plus it'll give her a huge mood buff for awhile, which we'll need, the colony is pretty beat up currently and in need of a medic. Funnily enough, this appears to have been in response to both @PsychoWarper and @Armorchompy dissing her, with Psycho comparing her mother to a rogue, and Armor insulting her eloquence.
  • @PsychoWarper's undead are skeletal, meaning they have no organs like lungs or eyes. In spite of this, the game hasn't mechanically removed them. What the mod does is just... remove all things affecting their organs, so that they can still function as though they have them. This has led to me getting dozens of notifications that Bass, one of Psycho's laborer Undead, has contracted Lung Rot because I have him repairing a wall encased in bodies. Ugh.
  • Back with Jebediah and Mad Dog, we found a nuclear land mine. Technically antigrain. What the hell.
  • @Epiccheev's Living Wall serves as a constant prison warden. One of the bloodbanks we pulled from the massive battle went berserk, so the wall just beat him down. It also killed a survivor of the battle I'd missed that tried to hobble off. Nice try.
From here, the site ate several of my updates. So some of these are recaps from memory. F.

• The sheer build up of corpses in Aegis has led to several people getting Lung Rot from dealing with it. I tried to force the undead and golems to deal with the majority of it, but still, some insisted on hauling human meat-to-be from place to place. This includes @Armorchompy and his pet, Jill. So they're out of the equation for awhile.
  • Just learned @Da3ggman can cure drug addictions, extreme scarring (like the brain), etc with one of his abilities. Gotta get this dude's magic levels up, Priest is actually insanely good for utility. Probably not strictly on-par with the healing class from Psycasts Expanded but, undeniably great.
  • @Arceus0x cooked meals using rotten meat, the bastard, so now some of you have food poisoning. It was considered a lavish meal, so perhaps it was one of those rich person things that I'm just not in a high enough tax bracket to know about.
  • The dungeon complex was finished after Psycho returned with Dunlap, Rya, @Crabwhale and @Tllmbrg, the latter two I just had fly through the corridors of the place into mechs to deal with them while Psycho shot them from a distance. Fujiwara and Comiphorous still helped but as they were already scuffed up some and generally slower than the flying folk, they were backline fighters.
  • After the dungeon, we joined a major conflict on the worldmap on the side of the Raging Terror, a tribal bunch with many exotic xenotypes in their ranks. They were fighting with one of the kingdoms we'd betrayed at a temporary base. When we entered the map, several of the tribals blew themselves up for recreational purposes, instantly downing many of their allies and a handful of the enemy, and setting the map on fire. We formed a defensive position and began mowing down the enemy, with @Crabwhale @Tllmbrg and Breakfast dashing into the rear flank whilst Garfunkle and Fujiwara defended Psycho (they're afraid of fire). I had @Comiphorous dragging pawns out of the flames that I wanted to capture. It worked out well enough, only two of our allies survived the battle (a baseliner shaman who had begun magically growing back his left leg mid-fight, and a draconic fellow named Yellow who wielded only a bone axe). They ****** off after picking up trophies: one chose an awful quality iron arming sword and the other one, the dead body of a burned-to-death 73 year old man. The wealth of war is incalculable.
  • This isn't a flex or anything, but back at home we are literally too wealthy. We have no more space for silver or the mass amount of plasteel we earned. It's becoming a real problem since Empire offers a near constant influx of silver in the late-game.
I think we're reaching the end of this one, soon. We only need one more technology book to get the last bit of pre-industrial technology (that being the repeater ballista). With the birth of Abaddon the Destroyer, we'll have achieved much of the most remarkable possible stuff for this playthrough. The only challenge bigger than what we've tackled would be a large ruin and maybe just full-sending it in a war against the Empire in all of their technological superiority.

What do y'all think? Leave the kingdom working indefinitely and peacefully, or die young and reasonably beautiful on average?

oh yeah also we're making baby food from the rotten meat idgaf little ***** can get food poisoning, they'll live

dPQMjJ8.png

@Epiccheev She's not done yet but this is Abaddon. I did not realize Abaddon was to be modeled in the image of a female. I still think the name works.

We have five more upgrades to apply to her (three Death Coat of Arms and two upgrades to her Fire Affinity) and then we'll be set. I like her.

We continue work on @Epiccheev's son, Abaddon, with @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara contributing since many of the pieces require high Intelligence and Crafting, which she is great at.

@Epiccheev She's not done yet but this is Abaddon. I did not realize Abaddon was to be modeled in the image of a female. I still think the name works
It was her idea: 👉 @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara

It would be cool if we made another Hollow Golem with Arcane/water enchantments and it had blue/white palette in contrast to Abaddon.
So we get that [Aesthetic Symmetry]

It's taken a very, very long time to get Abaddon up and running, and an incalculable amount of materials

but I do gotta admit

that sounds cool. I'll think about it. suppose I could devote the entire wealth of the colony towards buying plasteel, gold, magicyte, jade and magical apparatus to hasten the process, although the work amount is still gonna be huge.

This thing better be completely indestructible.

As in, at least as difficult to kill as me last game indestructible.

the power disparity in Medieval is interesting, with everything costing significantly more for noticeably lesser gains

in flat combat, basically all of you would get narrowly beaten by your other game self, the base stats afforded by technology are simply too great- even you, Crab, would lose, although you may win a first fight: you just wouldn't be able to contend with the sheer defenses and immortality your original character had, and a good hit from him would at the very least hurt a lot and might even decapitate you if it was lucky. Lots of dura negging weapons from that save, matched in this one only really by Grey and Fujiwara.

however I'm fairly certain Psycho could fold the entire other colony on his own, given the right setup, and some of you aren't terribly far behind- Lemberg could take on a couple with the right magic, and Fujiwara's Reversal thing would probably allow her to tackle at least one person although basically everyone in the last save was functionally immortal so these aren't permanent deaths, mostly

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara and @Comiphorous's expedition to this ancient dungeon has sucked so far. Excessive use of heat-based weapons from our enemies leaves us with little choice but to vacate vast swathes of the chambers to allow them to cool down again. In every fight, we are outnumbered. I decided that the previously mentioned central chamber would make for a suitable fight while we wait for the cavalry to arrive: I positioned our two stone golems at one entrance, the four flesh golems at another, and the four knights (Mad Dog, Jebediah, Garfunkle, and Breakfast) at the other. I allowed the stone golems to enter first as the tankiest of our number, and the flesh golems second as the most expendable. Fujiwara charged in after the battle initiated to attack those ranged enemies that were content to position themselves far from the golems to use their cannons. This strategy, largely, worked. Garfunkle the Sanguophage was downed again, and @Comiphorous attempted to wander off during the fight in a low-mood daze before he was set on fire and exited the daze. This fight was not a free win, however: a Flesh-Golem and fully upgraded Stone-Golem were both destroyed amidst the fighting. Our numbers in the dungeon dwindle.
iu

Having fun in the ancient dungeon!

We’ll have to make a Top 10 most powerful pawns across the two saves at some point
Fully intend to take this to Season 3, either as SCP or high-tech zombie apocalypse with Combat Extended (very good mod)

Fully intend to take this to Season 3, either as SCP or high-tech zombie apocalypse with Combat Extended (very good mod)
Fair, also while I do think combat ability would be a major factor in the Top 10 list I think a pawns utility could also aid them on that list.

dies from mid fiction
nah the SCP DLC they put out is cool as hell. it's not a mod but rather a full expansion to the game about summoning monsters/demons and then containing them, either for research or to shave a material called bioferrite off of them. it also adds in really funny magic like summoning a random person from the planet's population into your prison, typically followed by ritual sacrifice.

your ass hasn't even seen it and is judging it purely by the comparison's modern state, which is admittedly entire and irrefutably dogshite

the basis for it is cool, however, and that's really the only reason for the comparison: similar fundamental concepts

Do SCP in S3 to spite Crab
he is actively making me want to do it, yeah, and that's funnier than intended because I had sorta wanted the next one to be a continuation on another one of the Molokarian colonists- could make it Crab.

Back