• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Summary
In 2023, I made this thread, and it was reasonably well received. In it, I offered people the chance to be in my playthrough of Rimworld, creating a pawn that would represent them. The save file flourished, with minimal VSBW member deaths (only one was permanent) and eventually we reached the end of the game- thousands of enemies killed, several cities vanquished, and most everyone having undergone extremely painful genetic manipulation. It even got a page on FC/OC after its conclusion.

At that time, I said that I would consider making another Be My Rimworld Pawns save for people to interact with, this time restricting myself to solely medieval and fantasy tech levels- magic in place of nanotechnology, swords in place of guns. I've decided to do begin this now, for the pure and simple fact that I don't want to play Helldivers 2 solo again.

What is Rimworld?
For the uninitiated, Rimworld is a colony simulator game released in 2016 inspired by Dwarf Fortress (the very same freeware game that inspired Minecraft). In it, you are tasked with building a successful colony on a titular Rimworld (that is, a planet on the colonial frontier of space for humanity that is thus underdeveloped, housing micro civilizations of all sorts of technological levels). The world is a savage and ruthless place, featuring all manner of threats- it is your job to ensure that one endures those threats. In this case, it is my job.

In this thread, you may make my job as easy or as hard as you like- the basic premise is that you will describe to me the traits of your "pawn" (that is to say, the colonist that represents you). You can make them as powerful or weak as you want. There is no cap on the number of pawns that can be submitted, but only one may be submitted per person. This works for and against me- a large force is obviously helpful for repelling enemies but starvation is also an extremely real threat, especially early on. In return for submitting a pawn, I will relay what your pawn does- their triumphs, failures, and goofy moments. Eventually, they will probably get a page on FC/OC to match the earlier generation.

Exciting, yes? I think it is, makes my gameplay more interesting.

What do I do?
You can make the sign-up process essentially as complicated or as simple as you want. Most people just describe themselves to me, and I interpret that into a workable Rimworld pawn. It can be that simple. The only limitation is this: You must have at least one positive trait, and at least one negative trait. If you don't want to choose anything, you may simply describe some perceived positive (or negative) and I will interpret it. No godmodes, no worthless slugs.

If you want to make your pawn custom-like, you can hand-pick backstories from here (you'll want both a child and adult backstory, unless you're making a child pawn- in which case, just the child backstory will do). Bear in mind that for this one, you may also want to choose something from Medieval Backstories, which has genre-appropriate backstories available. In addition, you may be inclined to custom-pick Traits, Passions, any number of starting wounds and battle scars (these mostly serve to cause pain in the afflicted, although diseases and other things like Trauma Savant can have massive changes on the character), and, if you want it, medieval prostheses- these are artificial limbs rent from medieval technology that attempt to mimic the original. Glass eyes, wooden hands, you get the gist.

That's about it, I will do my best to keep your pawn alive. It will be harder this time, I think, because we will be limited in our access to healing and not all the enemies will be restricted like that- mechanoids remain in play, as do other powerful civilizations like the Empire. Good luck.

Relation to the Last Save
@PsychoWarper is automatically signed up and will remain close to as he was in the last save. For canon reasons (and a reference to an inside joke, sorry, you'd have to play Dungeons and Dragons with us to get it), he is a lich who absconded from the prior save and now works with these fools. He'll be given appropriate skills and stuff to his last iteration, and he will have access to magic. A mite overpowered, maybe, but I already agreed to it months ago. I won't let myself get carried away, pinkie promise.

Sign-Ups
All signed-up pawns will be listed here. Everyone gets one, although if you and I don't get along, I will ignore you- not sorry, this thread is my happy place.

• Bambu: Seer adulthood and Young Wordsmith childhood. A heavy passion for Intellectual and Art, a low passion for Social. Traits are Abrasive, Teetotaler, Careful Shooter, Great Memory. It's just me.
  • Fujiwara: Gay bloodlusted *********-cannibal brawler who is a body purist (with an eyepatch, which will leave her permanently depressed) and is a little lazy. Upside, decent artist and writer (intellectual). Story Writer childhood, Loner adult. Tortured artist, night owl.
  • Rakih: Young Royal childhood, Monster Slayer adulthood, quick learner, nimble, bit lazy, pessimistic, passion for melee and crafting with low passion for intellectual, likes swords
  • Comiphor: Soldier's Kid childhood, Warmaster adulthood, Body Modder, Neurotic, Brawler, Nimble, Tough, Teetotaler, Psychically Dull
  • Grey Fang: Child childhood (crazy, right), Civil Servant adulthood, psychically sensitive, tough, quick sleeper, brawler, neurotic, teetotaler
  • Crabwhale: Royal Bastard childhood, Unscrupulous Knight adulthood, night owl, bloodlusted, tough, annoying voice, abrasive, recluse, jogger, steadfast, passionate about melee and arts (with some for intellectual)
  • Eggman: Military cadet childhood, Hermit adulthood, Tough, *********, night owl, creepy breathing
  • Cheev: Royal Bastard childhood, Inventor adulthood, recluse/body modder/m@sochist (that's the censored word)/industrious/iron willed
  • Armorchompy: Completely random. Whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:
  • Story Writer child, Loner adult.
  • Masochistic, bloodlusted cannibal brawler (that is also GAY).
  • Half-decent artist (writing in particular), but also a bit lazy. Also something of a body purist.
This is fine, right? I'd also like to be missing an eye, so long as I get a cool eyepatch at some point.

Oh and if anyone savvy with Rimworld has mod recommendations, you can make them now. Remember, medieval/fantasy playthrough. Current mods are as follows:
  • Harmony
  • Filth Vanishes with Rain
  • Processor Framework
  • Set Up Camp
  • Vanilla Expanded Framework
  • Vanilla Factions Expanded - Vikings
  • Vanilla Factions Expanded - Medieval
  • Vanilla Factions Expanded - Classical
  • Camping Tent
  • Hugslib
  • Character Editor
  • Cleaning Area
  • Do Something for Idle
  • JecsTools
  • EdB Prepare Carefully
  • Keep Bed Ownership
  • Large Faction Bases
  • Humanoid Alien Races
  • Medieval Backstories
  • Medieval Medicine
  • Vanilla Weapons Expanded
  • Vanilla Weapons Expanded - Tribal
  • Vanilla Expanded- Royalty Patch
  • LWM's Deep Storage
  • Medieval Overhaul
  • Medieval Prosthetics
  • More Medieval Helms and Armor
  • No Sympathy for Prisoners
  • RimCities
  • Roads of the Rim
  • Snap Out!
  • Where is my weapon?
  • Work Tab
  • Vanilla Storytellers Expanded - Maynard Medieval
  • Fortifications - Neolithic
  • Fortifications - Medieval
  • Hospitality
  • Map Designer
  • More Faction Interaction
  • Replace Stuff
  • Simple Sidearms
  • Vanilla Apparel Expanded - Accessories
  • Vanilla Furniture Expanded Core
  • Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Props and Decorations
  • Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Art
  • Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Security
  • Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Architect
  • Reunion
  • Autocleaner (note: I leave this in the vein hope we can net it from rewards, I won't be using firearms above flintlock even if we get them but I really want a roomba for our castle)
  • More Vanilla Biomes
  • Vanilla Persona Weapons Expanded
  • Animals are fun
  • Apparel Tainted Only When Corpse Rots
  • Auto-Cut Blight
  • Buildable Terrain
  • TD Find Lib
  • Ctrl + F
  • Dire Raids
  • Doormat
  • Doors Expanded
  • Empire
  • Go Explore!
  • Injured Carry
  • Map Preview
  • Meals on Wheels
  • Megafauna
  • More Mechanoids
  • Natural Paths
  • No Burn Metal
  • Pick Up and Haul
  • Smarter Construction
  • TDS Bug Fixes
  • Stabilize
  • Ugh You Got Me
  • Vanilla Books Expanded
  • Vanilla Brewing Expanded
  • Vanilla Brewing Expanded - Coffee and Tea Module
  • Layered Wall Destruction
  • More Persona Traits
  • Vehicle Framework
  • Plant Anything in Hydroponics
  • Biotech Xenotype Expanded - Rotfish (note: ******* hate these guys)
  • Det's Xenotypes: Stoneborn
  • Illithid Xenotype
  • Scorchlanders
  • Biotech Expansion: Core
  • Biotech Expansion: Mammalia
  • Biotech Expansion: Mythic
  • Xenotype Spawn Control
  • Vanilla Races Expanded: Fungoid
  • Vanilla Races Expanded: Saurid
  • Nephilim Xenotype
  • Alpha Animals
  • Rocketman Performance Mod
  • Weapons+
  • Rename Everything!
  • More Gene Complexity
  • Save Thing as Image
  • War Crimes Expanded 2 Core
  • Rimhammer Steam Tank
  • Share The Load
  • Simply More Bridges
  • Factional War
  • Rimcraft Metals
  • A Rimworld of Magic
  • Alpha Mythology
  • Call of Cthulhu - Eldritch Monstrosities
  • Custom Quest Framework
  • Dungeon Core
  • Giddy Up 2
  • Max Gain Cap Removal
  • Medieval Gene Assembler
  • Medieval Madness: Tools of the Trade
  • Medieval Tailor
  • Mooloh's Dnd Menagerie
  • Rimworld Exploration Mode
  • Skulls and Ivory
  • Vanilla Books Expanded Skill Learning Automatic
  • Villages:Homes
As far as I'm aware, this is a fairly light load for mods, as the goal of any given moddable game is to render the game as different as possible when compared to the original. I'm looking to add the Vanilla Plants modules (there are three) as well as a mod I had learned about some time ago that added a small assortment of magic weapons into the game. I really debated whether I wanted to use Medieval Overhaul Mod but figured I really ought to given it is the prime thing for a playthrough like this, even if I didn't love it the first time I used it.

• Half-decent artist (writing in particular), but also a bit lazy. Also something of a body purist.
This is fine, right? I'd also like to be missing an eye, so long as I get a cool eyepatch at some point.
Gay is a trait! You can be gay. Writing would fall under Intellectual (same reason I took it, even though writing backstories give art points, it's odd) so you can be those two skills.

There isn't an eyepatch by default but I found a mod that adds them relatively quickly, so Eye Prosthetics joins the fray of mods.

Gay is a trait! You can be gay. Writing would fall under Intellectual (same reason I took it, even though writing backstories give art points, it's odd) so you can be those two skills.

There isn't an eyepatch by default but I found a mod that adds them relatively quickly, so Eye Prosthetics joins the fray of mods.
Perfect, thank you (y)
That said, I... did not consider the possibility that the game would treat eyepatches as a body mod. Oh well!

-Crabbius Whaler the IV as a name (and you better rename the pawn this time around you bamboo-eating ****, no nickname bullshit)

-Royal Bastard child, Unscrupulous Knight adult

-Night Owl, Bloodlusted, Tough, Annoying Voice, Abrasive, Recluse, Jogger, Steadfast

-Passionate about melee and arts, low passion for intellectual I guess

-Make me a smelly lonely wizard/eldritch knight in my tower when you can, please and thank you

Last edited:
Rakih Elyan the 9th.
Childhood: Young Royal
Adulthood: Monster Slayer

Quick learner but lazy, nimble and pessimistic.

Passion for melee and crafting, low passion for intellectual.

Mainly sword user.

That it lol.

Pinging all people from the last thread, excluding bad apples and people who were taken behind the VSBW administrative building with a black bag over their heads and shot (RIP Shmooply and Marshadow):

@Crabwhale @PsychoWarper @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara @azontr @Arceus0x @Nierre @Rakih_Elyan @Drite77 @Comiphorous @PhantomØ4 @Setsuna_tenma @Epiccheev @Armorchompy @GreyFang82
ayo season 2?????

Child Backstory: Soldier's Kid
Adult Backstory: Warmaster

Traits:
Body modder
Neurotic
Brawler
Nimble
Tough
Teetotaler
Psychically dull

Let’s ball so hard they think I’m a nut sack

Child Backstory: Child (no skill limiter variant)
Backstory: Civil Servant

Traits:
Psychically Sensitive
Tough
Quick Sleeper
Brawler
Teetotaler
Neurotic

100% aiming for an empathy, warlord, and protector psychic setup eventually if possible

Think of an overly perfectionist guy who wakes up early, stays professional, helps heal folks then goes out to throw hands and stays sober 24/7 to be at peak performance.

Last edited:
Name: Niemeyer Worcestershire

- Military Cadet Child Backstroy, Hermit Adult Backstory

- Tough, M@sochist Night Owl who breathes really creepily

(Do tell if I need to add something; first time trying this)

Oh yeah, make me a Night Owl and Tortured Artist if you can (I'm about to be the depressed bitch of all time)

-Crabbius Whaler the IV as a name (and you better rename the pawn this time around you bamboo-eating ****, no nickname bullshit)

-Royal Bastard child, Unscrupulous Knight adult

-Night Owl, Bloodlusted, Tough, Annoying Voice, Abrasive, Recluse, Jogger, Steadfast

-Passionate about melee and arts, low passion for intellectual I guess

-Make me a smelly lonely wizard/eldritch knight in my tower when you can, please and thank you
listen man the names can only be so long

Name: Epicurius Cheevler.
Royal bastard childhood, Inventor adulthood.
Traits:Recluse,Body modder, Mass0ch1st ( word is censored by fandom, apparently )
Industrious and Iron Willed.
Tl:drAn asshole who's more into machines than humans.

Last edited:
ayo season 2?????

Child Backstory: Soldier's Kid
Adult Backstory: Warmaster

Traits:
Body modder
Neurotic
Brawler
Nimble
Tough
Teetotaler
Psychically dull
looking back at this, i realized how much of a danger i've put literally everyone but myself in with these traits.

a mfer who's moments from losing his shit who can rip your ass in half is not what you want to be living with you 💀

looking back at this, i realized how much of a danger i've put literally everyone but myself in with these traits.

a mfer who's moments from losing his shit who can rip your ass in half is not what you want to be living with you 💀
Time to go snip snip on his Amygdala

i wanna join but honestly if you can randomly roll literally everything for me i think that'd be funnier
sir yes sir

(also, I can name your pawns these things when I get the ball rolling, but your nickname will still just be "Crabwhale" or "Cheev" because I will not remember who the **** "Epicurius" is)

It seems as though we have our initial batch of people. As before, late joiners are welcome, I'll just have to use debug commands to spawn you in.

This was made to sate my want for a singleplayer game when everyone's sleeping, which is now, so... let us begin.

there's so ******* many more traits in these mods jesus christ this will take awhile

if anyone wants to add high fantasy traits, let me know, there's shit like "Undead", "Blade Dancer", and "Magic Conduit"

Alright it seems like the "A Rimworld of Magic" mod has an in-built class system so if you people want a ******' class, pick one.

i wanna join but honestly if you can randomly roll literally everything for me i think that'd be funnier
Randomly rolled you as you wanted: you are a greedy psychopath who is also a woodsman. You are very passionate about mining, and sorta passionate about shooting, cooking, plants (!!!), and intellectual matters. You are a crash baby and grew up to be an excavator (before, of course, joining our noble kingdom-to-be).

Alright, we have immediate updates from the start of the game.

• @Rakih_Elyan is absolutely gobshite at everything save being a soldier, as he cannot work any of the jobs we need at the start. Thus, I have given him an arbalest (one of our starting weapons) and he's just clearing out the remains of a battlefield that we spawned in.
  • There's a gods damned Rust Monster nearby. It's eyeing our valuables. I know steel is actually reasonably complicated to get in this one so if it comes down to it, the unarmored people are going to have a moshpit against the ******, thunderdome style.
  • @PsychoWarper is mostly just watching us work, the bugger. I may have him death bolt the rust monster to death, as he started with it as a magical power.
  • @Crabwhale, @Epiccheev and @Armorchompy are the Rock Boys who will carve out a cave to live in temporarily, whilst @Da3ggman, @GreyFang82, and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara will begin planting fields. We were reasonably lucky to have a large patch of rich soil all together. Myself and @Comiphorous are building things, even though I have zero skill in construction- I will learn, because my pawn has very little going on right now.
  • @Da3ggman is seemingly the most valuable starting pawn, with great skills for early development- @Epiccheev is probably second followed by @Armorchompy. When combat becomes the norm, this will obviously pivot quite a lot.
  • We've already found gemstones in the mountain- emeralds, to be precise. I've looked at the ores visible from the outside of the hills, quite a lot of it is interesting- multiple veins of mithral, some rubies and other gems, and... salt. Lots of salt. I have no idea what salt is used for, we'll find out ig.

• I don't know what caused it, but we all got the "Defeated insect hive" mood buff, so I assume some cave-dwelling monster in an unseen bit of the map just wiped out an insect hive we didn't know existed. Very exciting stuff.
  • The first raid was a ******* chaos mage. They have crazy magic powers- time reversal, lightning bolt, etc, but luckily they were killed by bees en route to our cave-home.
  • We have had multiple mental breaks already: @Crabwhale is wandering around the cave in a foul mood, @GreyFang82 has descended into a daze, and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara sat in our corn field for about 24 hours straight just being upset. Nobody has tried to kill anybody else yet, which is good, because food is enough of a problem as is- one crisis at a time.
  • Speaking of food, our diet mostly consists of raw flumph, of which there are many. There are also asshole giant bee-hornet things that @Rakih_Elyan has been hunting down with some success so far. Turns out, he will be the breadwinner by hunting anything that won't fight back too much.
  • I've made @Crabwhale a Bladesman since it seems most in-tune with an "Eldritch Knight" idea.
  • @Epiccheev is our noble Yeoman, dubbed so because he killed a rabid bunny rabbit that was chasing a praetor of the stellar empire. I was going to just give it to Psycho, since he's like a super lich guy, but Cheev seemed a better fit given his ability to actually do social encounters.
  • We were offered the most prized possession of all- a roomba- as a quest reward, but I think I'll have to turn it down, as the task to get it involves invoking a 6.1 day long hailstorm that will likely bludgeon all of us to death. Food's tight, we can't swing that.
  • @Rakih_Elyan was already almost killed by standing in a fire. He did very little to stop himself from dying, and nearly ran head-first into an extremely lethal combat encounter while on fire. He survived, but man did he not deserve to.
We've finished our first research project (smithing)- we will now endeavor to construct the appropriate facilities to capitalize on that, and then we will begin work to properly arm everybody since most of us are weak and pathetic. For now, I sleep.

@Rakih_Elyan was already almost killed by standing in a fire. He did very little to stop himself from dying, and nearly ran head-first into an extremely lethal combat encounter while on fire. He survived, but man did he not deserve to.

@Rakih_Elyan is absolutely gobshite at everything save being a soldier, as he cannot work any of the jobs we need at the start. Thus, I have given him an arbalest (one of our starting weapons) and he's just clearing out the remains of a battlefield that we spawned in.
How the **** did I already become shit on in the early game lol.

• I don't know what caused it, but we all got the "Defeated insect hive" mood buff, so I assume some cave-dwelling monster in an unseen bit of the map just wiped out an insect hive we didn't know existed. Very exciting stuff.
  • The first raid was a ******* chaos mage. They have crazy magic powers- time reversal, lightning bolt, etc, but luckily they were killed by bees en route to our cave-home.
  • We have had multiple mental breaks already: @Crabwhale is wandering around the cave in a foul mood, @GreyFang82 has descended into a daze, and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara sat in our corn field for about 24 hours straight just being upset. Nobody has tried to kill anybody else yet, which is good, because food is enough of a problem as is- one crisis at a time.
  • Speaking of food, our diet mostly consists of raw flumph, of which there are many. There are also asshole giant bee-hornet things that @Rakih_Elyan has been hunting down with some success so far. Turns out, he will be the breadwinner by hunting anything that won't fight back too much.
  • I've made @Crabwhale a Bladesman since it seems most in-tune with an "Eldritch Knight" idea.
  • @Epiccheev is our noble Yeoman, dubbed so because he killed a rabid bunny rabbit that was chasing a praetor of the stellar empire. I was going to just give it to Psycho, since he's like a super lich guy, but Cheev seemed a better fit given his ability to actually do social encounters.
  • We were offered the most prized possession of all- a roomba- as a quest reward, but I think I'll have to turn it down, as the task to get it involves invoking a 6.1 day long hailstorm that will likely bludgeon all of us to death. Food's tight, we can't swing that.
  • @Rakih_Elyan was already almost killed by standing in a fire. He did very little to stop himself from dying, and nearly ran head-first into an extremely lethal combat encounter while on fire. He survived, but man did he not deserve to.
We've finished our first research project (smithing)- we will now endeavor to construct the appropriate facilities to capitalize on that, and then we will begin work to properly arm everybody since most of us are weak and pathetic. For now, I sleep.
the lack of mention of me means I was up to something nefarious as usual, just like last time. ((I was poisoning Gotham's water supply))

there's so ******* many more traits in these mods jesus christ this will take awhile

if anyone wants to add high fantasy traits, let me know, there's shit like "Undead", "Blade Dancer", and "Magic Conduit"
Alright it seems like the "A Rimworld of Magic" mod has an in-built class system so if you people want a ******' class, pick one.
Add Bladedancer (trait) for me lol and make me a Monk class.

Also will you in the future add this Rimworld of Magic mod expansion?

Last edited:
Randomly rolled you as you wanted: you are a greedy psychopath who is also a woodsman. You are very passionate about mining, and sorta passionate about shooting, cooking, plants (!!!), and intellectual matters. You are a crash baby and grew up to be an excavator (before, of course, joining our noble kingdom-to-be).
all 100% correct, except for plants which is 200%

I want a tough gourman pyromaniac named after myself who has Apocalypse child backstory and medieval taster adult backstory.
Is that any good?
I also want cooking and drug cooking skills

the lack of mention of me means I was up to something nefarious as usual, just like last time. ((I was poisoning Gotham's water supply))
your ass is in the caves, building floors to make people less unhappy with our shitty living conditions

How the **** did I already become shit on in the early game lol.
There's two versions of the Royal Bastard backstory- I gave Crab one version (basically says that he was abandoned and left to clean brothels as a child) and you the other (you were sent to a neighboring kingdom and raised as a legitimate noble)- your version disables a LOT of labor options. So I kinda have to work around you, even more than Psycho (who has a ton of things disabled as well).

That's my emotional support corn field.
love that for you

I want a tough gourman pyromaniac named after myself who has Apocalypse child backstory and medieval taster adult backstory.
Is that any good?
I also want cooking and drug cooking skills
Your ass is our chef, congratulations- we have mostly ass-tier cooking skills, which is a big detriment, and it's one of the general labor skills not really excelled at by anybody else. You have your place, my liege.

Your ass is our chef, congratulations- we have mostly ass-tier cooking skills, which is a big detriment, and it's one of the general labor skills not really excelled at by anybody else. You have your place, my liege.
LET. ME. COOK.

Back