• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Super Sonic easily scales to Perfect Chaos because he literally stomped Perfect Chaos. Also, Base Sonic only survived some of the more basic projectiles that are wayyyyy weaker than Perfect Chaos's physical attacks. Also, Super Sonic is obviously massively more powerful than Base Sonic; It's like how Marvel comics has inconsistencies like Captain America beating the Hulk, and Hulk matching Zeus. Super Sonic = Zeus, Hulk = Perfect Chaos, and Base Sonic = Captain America in this regard.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Super Sonic easily scales to Perfect Chaos because he literally stomped Perfect Chaos.
That's not how it works, i explained many why Super Sonic does not need a 5-A low end.

Didn't mean it like that, I meant Super Sonic scales to better feats and is clearly superior to Perfect Chaos.

I am not sure if perfect chaos and Gaia hurting sonic should be game mechanics just because fodder enemies can also hurt base sonic.

That's like saying every powerful enemy Mario has tanked hits from is game mechanics because he can be killed by goombas.

I had to downgrade Sonic from 5-A because Azathoth pointed out that canonically Sonic and Knuckles attacks did nothing to Chaos 6 and needed to freeze it in order to defeat it.

The Sonic that defeated Emerl was in the same period and the timeframe was very small from Adventure to Battle, he barely got any stronger from his fight with Chaos 6, which invalidates his fight with Emerl.

How does it invalidate his fight with Emerl? He fought and defeated Emerl. And he can damage characters who can survive attacks from Chaos 6. Chaos 6 isn't exactly easy to kill simply because it's made out of living water. Tell me, have you ever tried to punch water in the face? The reason Sonic and co. was able to defeat Chaos' previous forms was probably because of hitting it's very obvious and unprotected vital organs. And in the actual game Chaos 6 seems to lack said vital organs able to be freely attacked. As such it's water could act as a shock absorber (Living water has been used in far weirder and physics breaking ways in fiction), but this would be impossible if, say, the water was solid. What I'm trying to say is there's a reason that Chaos 6 was invinceable, and it was likely more intangibility and being living water then pure durability. It dosn't take much training to go from not being able to break a board with your hands to being able to do so. And Sonic has made it obvious that he get's stronger faster then one might expect (Like being able to fight almost on par with Infinite after being curbstomped by him after only a fraction of a very short game)

In the Sonic Forces comic Knuckles and Silver struggled with Base Chaos, later Infinite was going to kill everyone with a High 6-A attack.

@Dark649

The same base Chaos that Classic Sonic one-shotted & is supposedly much weaker than the original as you've stated yourself.

Is it not possible that generations sonic is just a lot stronger than his previous peak in the Adventure games? His super sonic feats at 4A and higher don't take place until after the adventure games, and he clearly has new abilities at this point, so why can't he have just gotten stronger in the interm?

Dark649 said:
In the Sonic Forces comic Knuckles and Silver struggled with Base Chaos, later Infinite was going to kill everyone with a High 6-A attack.
Yeah, and it's been implied Paper Mario would die to large building level attacks. Dosn't stop him from having MSS dura.

Yeah, and it's been implied Paper Mario would die to large building level attacks. Dosn't stop him from having MSS dura.

Please stop comparing Mario to Sonic. Mario is in a universe that isn't supposed to be "in your face" about power. Mario is on the cartoony side and Sonic takes itself a little more serious.

Can we at least upgrade Emerl? It feels weird having his profile stating he can destroy a planet and being High 6-A (is High 6-A enough to (eventually) destroy a planet?)

If the final battle against Sonic is a problem, we can consider it an outlier (after all, is the same game where Sonic beats Rouge at the start, and later she takes down Sonic, Tails and Knuckles)

Also we don't consider Perfect Chaos High 6-A for being unable to one-shoot Sonic.

M+S=Greatness said:
Also isn't Sonic running out the rings dimension and finding his way home massively FTL+ ?
Sonic likely found a portal or something which brought him home, not by his speed.

But Gerald Robotnik stated Emerl could destroy a planet BEFORE the FEB existed (Eggman is the one who made it, right?).

The FEB was needed because... well... how else was Emerl supposed to destroy the earth from the Death Egg? And why?

The phrase destroy a planet is vague because is not followed by words that would imply a oneshot or overtime. With multiple High 6-A attacks is it may be possible to do so, lastly Sonic phisically defeated Emerl.

@The Smashor

SHADOW: Dangerous? Ha! He's a weapon. One created with enough power to destroy the world. Awakening him is sheer madness!

SONIC: Ah-ha! I don't think he has it in him. The Emerl I know would never destroy the world.

Journal 6: If it were to have all 7 Emeralds installed, it might destroy the whole planet.

This is still high continental due to the "might" used and "world."

Journal 6: If it were to have all 7 Emeralds installed, it might destroy the whole planet.

You walked right into that one

How did I walk into that one? I clearly elaborated the word "might" in that statement.

It is much more likely that he would destroy the surface world.

Again. High 6-A

A crashing eclipse cannon with 7 emeralds and an exploding Lost World battery machine are at least 5-B.

Unspecific "destroy the world" is at least high 6-A.

A very clear-cut and concise "destroy the whole planet" qualifies for planet level.

Doesn't 5-C require it to be in one blast? The whole planet could be destroyed over multiple attacks, yielding High 6-A

There is no indication it would take multiple blasts, especially when Emerl partially absorbed energy from an MSS attack.

Back