• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
The time has come.

So this has been a long time coming, I feel. Coming off the heels of my first attempt at a Sonic CRT is a pretty big one, though perhaps not as insane or ludicrous, since I actually feel pretty confident in this one compared to the last one. So, here goes... everything I guess.

Sonic's base form in the Modern Era is currently 4-A. However, I feel this really undersells what he can do. In fact, I think he's got an assortment of feats that put him at a different tier. Specifically, I think he's got more than enough support to be Low 2-C. Now, this is most certainly a higher up tier in the Sonic verse, only behind the 2-B, possibly 2-A characters, so I'mma definitely need to explain my rationale.

So, here's all the evidence I've gathered:
  1. Base Sonic matched Base Erazor Djinn, who had absorbed half of the Arabian Nights, when the essence of all of them makes for Alf Layla wa-Layla's ultimate attack. Base Erazor also controls Night Palace, an infinite space with an astral plane.
  2. Sonic the Werehog is formed by the conjunction of Dark Gaia's energy and the Chaos Emeralds, with this kind of energy being what makes Dark Gaia turn Perfect. And well... Perfect Dark Gaia is "At least Low 2-C" so do the math. In addition, this is relevant to Base Sonic, as in Generations he goes on to fight the Egg Dragoon, which fought Sonic the Werehog.
  3. Base Sonic fought King Arthur, who wielded the Scabbard of Excalibur, which he was going to use to merge the World of Camelot with the forces of the Underworld and which Merlina was going to use to do the same thing, along with freezing the World of Camelot in time.
  4. Base Sonic blocked an attack and then took multiple hits from Dark Queen Merlina who warped the space-time of the World of Camelot and was going to freeze it in time. Of course, he was being overpowered, so he'd downscale rather than fully scale, plus this also avoids any circular scaling issues. Keep in mind, this point is more of a secondary, supporting one compared to the rest.
  5. Base Sonic accelerating through time is stated to fix space and restore the flow of time in White Space Zones, which are stated to be universes
  6. Base Sonic survives the destruction of his universe at the hands of the Time Eater. Now, we're not scaling him to the Time Eater, no, but surviving universal destruction (including space-time, as shown by the previous point) is a textbook Low 2-C feat.
  7. Base Sonic could fight Perfect Chaos in Sonic Generations. This was deemed an outlier before, but with the prevalence of other Low 2-C feats for Base Sonic, both before and after this point, I believe it shouldn't be that way anymore.
  8. Many of Eggman's machines are stated in official material to be the "strongest" after the events of Sonic Advance 1, making them stronger than the previous strongest invention Eggman made by himself: the Super Egg Robot. These include Metal Sonic, E-123 Omega, the Egg Cerberus and Egg Wyvern, and the Egg Dragoon, Nega-Wisp Robo, and the Eggrobo from Lost World. The Egg Dragoon is especially relevant due to Point 4.
  9. Later grew in power to match Infinite, who is stated to be Sonic's strongest enemy yet. In the previous thread, it was indicated that this could just mean the strongest enemy Base Sonic has faced since he never turned Super Sonic or Hyper Sonic, which would make him stronger than the likes of Erazor Djinn, Perfect Chaos, King Arthur, and potentially Dark Queen Merlina (though he mainly fought the latter with Excalibur so who knows). Infinite is also stated to be Dr. Eggman's ultimate weapon, making him stronger than previous inventions Eggman made by himself, including the Super Egg Robot and the myriad of inventions listed in Point 8.
  10. Fought and damaged the Death Egg Robot after fighting Infinite, which is stated to surpass Infinite and is also powered by the actual Phantom Ruby, which can create the Egg Reverie Zone and Null Space, the latter of which is stated to go on forever.
Addressing Potential Counterarguments
  • "Eggman says a lot of his weapons are his 'greatest one yet,' so clearly it's a hyperbole rather than an actual scaling statement."
While it's true that Eggman says this a lot, he's also a 300 IQ scientist and authority in all things robotics who backs up his claims with legitimate reasoning as to why his mechs are so strong, such as the Nega-Wisp Robo drawing power from Sonic's friends. We have no reason to assume he's lying, especially when he wants to improve his mechs in his pursuit to defeat Sonic for good.
  • "Base Sonic being Low 2-C is an outlier"
Except... It's not. Look at all the feats and statements I've displayed. Can such consistency really be deemed an outlier? As far as I'm concerned, no. That'd be a very liberal use of that term.

So yeah, that's all the evidence I've gathered. I just know this'll end up being controversial, so I once again ask that everyone be civil when discussing this or I'm getting my chancla.

HAVE AT IT!

Agree: 25 (@Starbrand_Fan, @BlastX, @omegabronic, @The_Unknown_Warrior1, @XSOULOFCINDERX, @Gilad_Hyperstar [except Perfect Chaos scaling], @Kazuma_kuwabara, @MeiouHades, @Remus1998, @Brogeefrong, @JJSliderman [believes Point 2 needs to be reworked], @Alexander, @Eseseso, @Angelzewolf, @JED, @LaserPrecision, @GlaceonGamez471, @Lenyo456, @Dragonite007, @LordGriffin1000, @MysticMania, @ZespeonGalaxy, @ProfectusInfinity, @Elizhaa, @Lonkitt [iffy on Point 4])
Disagree: 0
Neutral: 4
(@Theuser789 [leaning toward agreement; disagrees with Points 2 and 4], @LephyrTheRevanchist [leaning toward agreement], @Shmooply, @ShakeResounding)

Last edited:
Sonic the Werehog is formed by the conjunction of Dark Gaia's energy and the Chaos Emeralds, with this kind of energy being what makes Dark Gaia turn Perfect. And well... Perfect Dark Gaia is "At least Low 2-C" so do the math. In addition, this is relevant to Base Sonic, as in Generations he goes on to fight the Egg Dragoon, which fought Sonic the Werehog.
This is wrong. The werehog energy is what causes Dark Gaia to awaken his three eyes in his normal form. It has nothing to do with Perfect Dark Gaia.
Base Sonic blocked an attack and then took multiple hits from Dark Queen Merlina who warped the space-time of the World of Camelot and was going to freeze it in time. Of course, he was being overpowered, so he'd downscale rather than fully scale, plus this also avoids any circular scaling issues. Keep in mind, this point is more of a secondary, supporting one compared to the rest.
Disagree with this. Sonic was heavily, and I mean heavily, stomped in this fight. Sonic couldn't even land a single hit on her. Sonic surviving all those hits is typical shonen protagonist endurance, not something he scales to. Not to forget that Merlina also broke Caliburn who literally scales to Sonic. This point only works assuming Sonic is already low 2-C, not as an argument of Sonic being low 2-C.

Overall neutral, leaning to agreement, on the other points.

This is wrong. The werehog energy is what causes Dark Gaia to awaken his three eyes in his normal form. It has nothing to do with Perfect Dark Gaia.
Well both Dark Gaia's profile and Sonic the Werehog's profile state that this energy is what caused it to turn Perfect. Plus, Sonic the Werehog is formed from a conjunction of both this energy and that of the Chaos Emeralds... And all 7 Chaos Emeralds together are Low 2-C at minimum
Disagree with this. Sonic was heavily, and I mean heavily, stomped in this fight. Sonic couldn't even land a single hit on her. Sonic surviving all those hits is typical shonen protagonist endurance, not something he scales to. Not to forget that Merlina also broke Caliburn who literally scales to Sonic. This point only works assuming Sonic is already low 2-C, not as an argument of Sonic being low 2-C.
We've talked on this point before, and I believe that it's the sort of thing that works in conjunction with the other points. A hypothetical justification write-up for his durability may say something like: "Survived multiple attacks from Dark Queen Merlina, though he is far inferior"

Taking this point standalone, I can understand this, but I think when combined with the other points it works as more of a secondary support rather than a major standalone point, which I even mentioned in the OP

Agree to most of these except the Perfect Chaos scaling

Perfect Chaos was a threat that could use the chaos emeralds to access its own "super state" with Perfect Chaos, and could knock back Adventure Era Super Sonic

Adventure Era Super Sonic > Classic Super Sonic, and since a super form boost increases power by a set amount (as the more powerful someone is in base, the more powerful they are in their super state), Chaos > Classic Sonic so Perfect Chaos > Classic Super Sonic

Classic Super Sonic > Phantom King > Infinite (as Infinite was using a fake version of the ruby while heavy king used the real one) > Pre-Forces Sonic > Perfect Chaos > Classic Super Sonic. This is obviously a contradiction

Agree to most of these except the Perfect Chaos scaling

Perfect Chaos was a threat that could use the chaos emeralds to access its own "super state" with Perfect Chaos, and could knock back Adventure Era Super Sonic

Adventure Era Super Sonic > Classic Super Sonic, and since a super form boost increases power by a set amount (as the more powerful someone is in base, the more powerful they are in their super state), Chaos > Classic Sonic so Perfect Chaos > Classic Super Sonic

Classic Super Sonic > Phantom King > Infinite (as Infinite was using a fake version of the ruby while heavy king used the real one) > Pre-Forces Sonic > Perfect Chaos > Classic Super Sonic. This is obviously a contradiction
Not really since adventure chaos is far weaker than modern chaos, making it so that hypotetical modern perfect chaos superior to adventure perfect chaos, that and sonic has the AD to grow high levels in seconds, which would explain how he defeated chaos 0 in forces

Not really since adventure chaos is far weaker than modern chaos, making it so that hypotetical modern perfect chaos superior to adventure perfect chaos
That doesn't matter. Adventure Chaos is still stronger than Classic Sonic in his own timeline, meaning the scaling still works

Pretty sure we treat Classic Sonic's power returning to normal after generations due to time fixing itself iirc to explain the time stuff

Classic is of the same timeline as modern tho......sorry, i feel like i am not seeing the problem here?
Because we'll have Classic after generations being infinitely stronger than Adventure Sonic even thought Adventure Sonic is much later in time than Classic, yet the original Classic Sonic and Forces Classic Sonic are somehow the same

It doesn't make sense for them to be the same version of Sonic

Well both Dark Gaia's profile and Sonic the Werehog's profile state that this energy is what caused it to turn Perfect.
Profiles? What profiles? Are you talking about their wikia page? Because that's not what happens in the actual game as I showed to you straight up. You would need to upgrade base Dark Gaia for your point to make sense.
We've talked on this point before, and I believe that it's the sort of thing that works in conjunction with the other points. A hypothetical justification write-up for his durability may say something like: "Survived multiple attacks from Dark Queen Merlina, though he is far inferior"

Taking this point standalone, I can understand this, but I think when combined with the other points it works as more of a secondary support rather than a major standalone point, which I even mentioned in the OP
And I disagree with that. It only works in conjuction if you assume all other points are correct. If they aren't, this point is worthless.

Profiles? What profiles? Are you talking about their wikia page? Because that's not what happens in the actual game as I showed to you straight up. You would need to upgrade base Dark Gaia for your point to make sense.
And what of the point regarding the Chaos Emeralds? If Werehog Sonic is formed partially from the energy of all 7, and all 7 are Low 2-C at minimum, I believe this holds up (albeit with a need to rework the specific point)
And I disagree with that. It only works in conjuction if you assume all other points are correct. If they aren't, this point is worthless.
Agree to disagree on that, I suppose

And what of the point regarding the Chaos Emeralds? If Werehog Sonic is formed partially from the energy of all 7, and all 7 are Low 2-C at minimum, I believe this holds up (albeit with a need to rework the specific point)
Emerl also uses the emeralds and you aren't putting him at low 2-C, aren't you? The Eclipse Cannon isn't low 2-C, either. So just having all seven emeralds isn't enough for a tier upgrade.

Emerl also uses the emeralds and you aren't putting him at low 2-C, aren't you? The Eclipse Cannon isn't low 2-C, either. So just having all seven emeralds isn't enough for a tier upgrade.
I suppose that's fair, though Werehog would end up scaling for different reasons regardless (scaling from the Egg Dragoon which is superior to the Super Egg Robot)

you forget to put the fact that he can beat the ifrit (sonic rivals) which can destroy his entire dimension.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of these, but I think the Dark Gaia point should be reworded to note how Sonic dealt comparable damage to Semi-Perfect compared to Gaia Colossus, who is rated Low 2-C.

Oh yeah I disagree with Time Eater stuff, characters who scale comparable to Sonic get one shot by its universe BFR (not even erasure)

Oh yeah I disagree with Time Eater stuff, characters who scale comparable to Sonic get one shot by its universe BFR (not even erasure)
they don't get one shot, they get erased and then send to white space, sonic having resistance to EE is a valid point to consider however

LaserPrecision is having trouble sending messages so I'm quoting this for him
image.png

Also, I agree with the upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back