• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tons of profiles on our site uses the "If you can harm someone with X durability, you get X strength."

If you want to argue against this rule, you'd have to change quite a lot of profiles. Plus, awakened Thor fought Hela on very even grounds. Before, she was just toying with him. That means he must have somewhat comparable AP to even damage her.

Sir Ovens said:
Tons of profiles on our site uses the "If you can harm someone with X durability, you get X strength."
Not to mention this is one of the main definitions of our rules for powerscaling.

Pretty sure what Oljaca568 is arguing for is Destructive Capacity, which frankly is not equal to Attack Potency.

KLOL506 No. If you do not know how to use sword then you have to use a lot of strength. If you are master then only thing you need is right technique. Have you seen samurais? Are they physically strong? No. You need to know how to handle the sword. And as for punches and kicks. You do not have to be able to lift 150 kg to deliver punch that equals half a ton of force. You need technique. Like putting your mass in when you punch. I am martial artist for years now. I can break bricks with punches, but i can not break them using my grip strength. There is difference between punching, lifting and gripping.

You're trying to apply real world logic into fiction. Do you think Hulk's bones have the same density as human ones? No, because if he did, they would have shattered at his mere trasnformation.

Fiction doesn't make sense. Purple guy punches green guy and they both have comparable punching strength. People who hit Thor and can get hit by Thor share the same AP and durability.

KLOL506 You are right. My bad. Too much on my mind. Ok i agree that Thor can fight Thanos and if you consider that Attack Potency, altough administrators complicate thing for no reason. It say that someone who can destroy mountain it does not have to mean that that person is automatically on that level. I think that should be changed because it is for no reason confusing. I am arguing about Thors destructive potency. For that part it should be used feats he used in movies. Durability OK, Striking strength not OK.

The reason why they are not rated as Mountain level often at times is because of context (Usually you need calculations to confirm it being Mountain level). Mountain-busting at times can even potentially lead to Large Island level. It all depends upon the kinetic energy and the method used to perform mountain busting.

Also we don't use Destructive Capacity here. Thor's dura scales to his striking strength because he can trade blows with those who can harm him.

KLOL506 said:
The only time you can apply real-world logic is if you deal with the profiles related to The Real World.
Of course we use Real World Logic with fiction. We assume Real World Logic applies until contradicted.

Why else would we be able to calculate destructive feats? Or speed feats? If we couldn't apply Real World Logic there we couldn't quantify any feat for that matter.

The Wright Way said:
It just says that it tore a hole, it doesn't say anything about creating a new universe.
You're right, I rewatched it but earlier I could've sworn that's what he said.

Also, people are forgetting that the statement is likely from Mysterio, who isn't the most trustworthy guy per se

Did Hela get another scaling upgrade?! Also multi verse mcu also when filmmakers understand that FTL marvel is a really bad idea long term.

Wanda Maximof would be higher than Thanos. She was so close in killing him that he had to order attack from his ship to save him. Otherwise he would be gone. Captain Marvel is on pair with Thanos in terms of strength. He needed Power stone to knock her of him. Most disappointing to me was Thor. He was my favorite. Damn you Hemsworth!

Oljaca18 said:
Damn you Hemsworth!
It's not his fault lol.

Anyway, Hela beating Thor doesn't make her on par with Thanos. Thor was actually able to hold his own against her for quite some time and also managed to get some good shots on her. While it is implied that Thanos completely stomped pre-Stormbreaker Thor.

To be fair, Hela couldn't even care less if she was stabbed, and so fought the way she did, unlike Thanos who would definitely be more passionate about not getting a serious case of dead.

If Hela wanted to floor Thor like a puddle of blood and gore, she'd have sent more pointy things.

Which Thor could've countered with his electricity. He did mange to get a good blow on Hela that took her out of the picture for quite a while. I can't say that about Thanos tho.

The only blows he used that knocked out Hela for a while was the biggest lightning in the history of lightning, and the one where Valkyrie's dragon sword acted as a lightning rod on her gut.

Neither of which was used against Thanos, the latter for obvious reasons.

Also, we don't know how long she was out considering she was waltzing her way towards the bridge, arms menacingly held open like she's prepping a hadouken.

Lastly, he was only able to block Hela's spears with his arms amped with lightning, never with lightning by itself, and he has a hard limit on the number of limbs he can swing at Hela's somewhat limited blade works.

The thing is we didn't see Thor's fight with Thanos. But it's implied it was pretty one-sided. While Thor and Valk together were giving Hela a tough fight, especially Thor.

We don't have enough evidence to suggest that Hela is comparable to Thanos.

It could've been one-sided and we wouldn't know. What we do know is that Thor was surrounded by the dead bodies of weary Asgardian civilians and some Sakaaran gladiators, Loki looking completely out of whatever fight that happened, and the Black Order walking all over the bodies.

Meanwhile, Hela took the entire available Asgardian military and waltzed her way over to play with Thor, never bothered to fling any more than 5 swords at a time when she can spam enough to kill the entire Valkyrie force in one volley, and only ever really looked concerned when Surtur smashed through the palace.

And that's still not enough evidence that directly compares her to Thanos.

Just wanted to point this out. Valkyrie stated that Thor's power came from Asgard:

Thor What Heroes Do Scene - Thor Ragnarok (2017) Movie CLIP HD
Thor "What Heroes Do" Scene - Thor Ragnarok (2017) Movie CLIP HD

You could interpret this in a number of ways, e.g. Thor's power comes from the people, Thor's power comes from the location, Thor's power originated in Asgard, etc.

What is clear though is that Hela's power comes directly from the location, even after Thor learns that Asgard is not a place, the way he says it is pretty clear that Asgard for Hela means the realm.

Thor is a toss up - I think it's implied he can still access his sparkly fingers without a hammer and shown in one of the trailers (but it never made it to film) - but Thor can do this in Endgame when summoning his weapons (before he grabs them).

However that is after the vanished were restored - though half of his people were still slaughtered the normal way and probably a few thousand more by Hela.

I think the best way to look at it is that his (sparkly) power comes from the realm as Valkyrie says that Hela's power source was the same as Thor's - but now that he's learnt how to use it, he can use them anytime, but on Asgard/as long as the realm exists they're stronger. Maybe.

So Thor may or may not have been weaker when fighting Thanos before Stormbreaker - though not necessarily devoid of his Ragnarok amp entirely.

Or just ignore the statement entirely, which sounds plausible, considering how casually this line was said and how little it seems to affect Thor.

I dont get it why Thor didnt used lightning against Thanos in Endgame. Either he sucks at controling lightning or i dont know. i was disappointed by Thor. He sucks as God of Thunder.

I think more staff input is required on that.

I think a "likely far higher" is good for the Complete Infinity Gauntlet, for the time being, while the Stones themselves can be considered 3-A at their peak or something. It seems like the Infinity Stones can in fact perform Universal feats when put together, but their sheer power is too big for even the Gauntlet (and whoever is wearing it) to handle, so much that Thanos' fingersnap broke the Gauntlet and burned away most of his arm, while the destruction of the Stones produced a wave of cosmic energy which nearly killed him and apparently fused the Gauntlet to his hand.

Yes, "likely far higher" seems like a good compromise due to reasons stated by Ultima. There's also the issue of reliability of the statement.

I think he is basically 3-A with the power of all the Six Stones combined

The statement is reliable, Thanos demonstrated a good knowledge of the Stones, knew how to use the Power Stone to help him against Danvers even without using it before, and even knew that he could wipe out half of Life in the Universe with a snap while using all of them

I think "3-A with all the Stones Combined" should work

Yeah, the Combined Stones themselves can be 3-A, but this level of destruction probably isn't something Thanos can output. Decimating half of the Universe's life broke the Gauntlet and injured his arm, and this is obviously a far lesser feat than atomizing the entirety of the Universe.

@DDK

Sure he has demonstrated a great deal of knowledge about the stones, but the Sagan standard still applies here. There is nothing backing up that claim. That's why it won't be outright 3-A. I'm not against a "possibly 3-A" tho.

Yeah, "Possibly 3-A" should be fine but I agree with Ultima, if killing half of Life in the Universe already overpowered the Gauntlet and injured Thanos, atomizing everything in the Universe might be a suicide

There should be at least a possibly universe level. Thanos knows the power of the stones better than anyone else, and he was already injured badly when he did the Decimation.

Sir Ovens said:
Wait, now that I think about it, how did Valkyrie and Korg make it out of the ship?
Maybe already answered, but unless Thanos randomly would have killed everyone from Asgard(though it was never specified if he killed all of Xandar's population in its destruction to get the Power Stone), he would have allowed 50% of the Asgardians to escape, then reducing that 50% to 25% with The Snap. IMHO, he allowed 50% to escape with some of the Black Order making sure it WAS 50%.

Valk wouldn't have escaped even if he allowed that.

Back