• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Season 2 Episode 12.
Awesome, thanks. I'll read through the script.

And how about Ronan being "one of the strongest Kree"?

How is Thor at High 6-B Attack Potency? When did he show such feat of strength? Covering Asgard in storm is at Small Country level, not Large Country. It says in MCU wikipedia that Asgard is the size of a Small State. Why? Because he took blast from Neutron or what type of star. Everyone said that is dying star. Even Thor in Thor Ragnarok said that his hammer was made in a heart of dying star. Whatever.

Oljaca18 said:
How is Thor at High 6-B Attack Potency? When did he show such feat of strength? Covering Asgard in storm is at Small Country level, not Large Country. It says in MCU wikipedia that Asgard is the size of a Small State. Why? Because he took blast from Neutron or what type of star. Everyone said that is dying star. Even Thor in Thor Ragnarok said that his hammer was made in a heart of dying star. Whatever.
Because his feats were calc'd at that level.

Again when did he show feat of strength that puts him at High 6-B level? Is covering Asgard in storm High 6-B feat? No. taking blast form dying star is High 6-B. That is Durability. Durability feat yes. Strength feat NO.

@Oljaca18 Caps is assuming you are yelling.... Which isn't recommended for this otherwise civil conversation. Trading blows with those who can harm you counts as scaling to your Durability to Striking Strength

The man can fight people who can harm him. Logically, that would mean that they have High 6-B AP and dura too, which means he has High 6-B AP.

I am not yelling. Why would i? I just repeated the same question. Wrestling for few seconds with Thanos is also not an argument for High 6-B level. If Thor was High 6-B level then Thanos could not keep moving Stormbreaker at Thors chest because they would be in same strength level. If Cap did not intervened Thor would be dead in few seconds.

Fighting people comparable to you gives you comparable AP to durability.

Imagine there were two people, John and Samuel. If John is 9-B in durability, Samuel can harm him, and John can fight him and is portrayed as comparable to him, then John's AP will be 9-B too.

Sir Ovens that does not mean a thing. I can fight guy who can lift 300 kg and can knock him out. That does not mean that i am as strong as him. I can take beating from him and that can mean that i have very high level of durability, but as for strength NO. In physics you can take much more force than you can excert. I am saying that Thor has Durability level high enough to take beatings from High 6-B level guys, but not strength. Even Captain America took beating from Thanos. Would that put Captain America at High 6-B strength level?

Oljaca18 said:
I am not yelling. Why would i? I just repeated the same question. Wrestling for few seconds with Thanos is also not an argument for High 6-B level. If Thor was High 6-B level then Thanos could not keep moving Stormbreaker at Thors chest because they would be in same strength level. If Cap did not intervened Thor would be dead in few seconds.
DUDE

THOR FIGHTS ON PAR WITH THOSE WHO CAN HARM HIM.

KLOL506 so does Captain America. Is Captain America High 6-B level too? He took beating from Thanos and was still alive.

Oljaca18 said:
Sir Ovens that does not mean a thing. I can fight guy who can lift 300 kg and can knock him out. That does not mean that i am as strong as him. I can take beating from him and that can mean that i have very high level of durability, but as for strength NO. In physics you can take much more force than you can excert. I am saying that Thor has Durability level high enough to take beatings from High 6-B level guys, but not strength. Even Captain America took beating from Thanos. Would that put Captain America at High 6-B strength level?
Lifting strength =/= Striking strength.

Also no, you getting a beating from him while being unable to do jackshit (AKA being unable to trade back any meaningful blows) means you don't scale, period.

It's called powerscaling for a reason.

Oljaca18 said:
If you can knock that guy out, it means your punch => his durability. If you can only annoy him and gets rekt like Spider-Man vs Thanos, then no, you don't scale.

Captain America in Endgame is nearly comparable to Thanos. Captain America in Infinity War just slightly staggered Thanos and was easily knocked aside.

@Oljaca

Thor can take High 6-B for two minutes. Harming him is High 6-B. Hulk is thus High 6-B. Newton's 3rd law means Hulk's dura needs to be High 6-B since he can throw High 6-B punches. Thor can harm him with punches, ergo he scales.

As AnonymousBlank said. Also, Hela managed to fight against Awakened Thor with no problems. Surtur one-shotted her. Thus Hela and Surtur scale above Thor.

By fighting on par, do you mean getting nearly killed by Thanos with just 3 punches and 2 kicks?

Pretty sure it took waaaaaaaay more than that for Thanos to pin Thor down.

No really I counted. His every punch was pushing him down and making him bleed. 3 punches and 2 kicks later Thor was battered and if not for Cap killed

AnonymusBlank nope. Durability depends on strength of your bones, muscles etc. Simply put depends on material from which your body is made. I can have bones that have psi of titanium, but to excert force on same level of my bones tensile strength that require powerful muscles. And for knocking out guy stronger than myself it would require more punches or i could just grapple him. Force is equal mass x velocity. So i dont have to have much strength as my opponent if i apply more speed.Do you know that martial artist can produce force from single middle kick up to more then 1 ton? As for Hulk. Even Hulk didnt do anything to Thanos. Thanos easily got himself freed from Hulks grip and kicked his ass. Thanos did not get even a nosebleed. What makes ypou that Hulk is strong as Thanos? And for Thor taking blast from Nidavelir Star is less then minute not two minutes. Where did you get two minutes i wonder.

Wtf are you even talking about? "I don't have to have much strength if I apply more speed". Force is mass times acceleration.

Also it was said to be two minutes, on-screen it was less than a minute though.

Wtf are you even talking about? "I don't have to have much strength if I apply more speed". Force is mass times acceleration.
Furthermore, KE = 0.5 * mass * speed^2

For speed2 = 2 speed1
(speed2)^2 = (2 * speed1)^2 = 2^2 * (speed1)^2
0.5 * mass * (speed2)^2 = 4 * 0.5 * mass * (speed1)^2
KE2 = 4 * KE1

One has to increase an object's KE to 4 times to even move an object twice as fast.

Cinematic time =/= story time tho

Jasonsith said:
Furthermore, KE = 0.5 * mass * speed^2
One has to increase an object's KE to 4 times to even move an object twice as fast.

Cinematic time =/= story time tho
Holy shit, never realized you had to take KE up that high just to move an object twice as fast as the speed required to normally even make it budge.

But yeah, cinematic timing =/= story time, it's an infamous trope of getting people hyped up, and it works.

Oljaca18 said:
AnonymusBlank nope. Durability depends on strength of your bones, muscles etc. Simply put depends on material from which your body is made. I can have bones that have psi of titanium, but to excert force on same level of my bones tensile strength that require powerful muscles. And for knocking out guy stronger than myself it would require more punches or i could just grapple him. Force is equal mass x velocity. So i dont have to have much strength as my opponent if i apply more speed.Do you know that martial artist can produce force from single middle kick up to more then 1 ton? As for Hulk. Even Hulk didnt do anything to Thanos. Thanos easily got himself freed from Hulks grip and kicked his ass. Thanos did not get even a nosebleed. What makes ypou that Hulk is strong as Thanos? And for Thor taking blast from Nidavelir Star is less then minute not two minutes. Where did you get two minutes i wonder.
There is a thing called AP gap.

Some tiers are massive, and thus because of that, you can be in the same tier as some other character without being stronger than him/her. For example, Comic book Thanos scales waaaaaaaaay above his Heralds, despite his Heralds being able to somewhat do something to Thanos in the long run.

Thor could not even drive Stormbreaker at Thanos neck. He and Captain could not do that using their combined strength. You can count how long was Thor managing to hold of Thanos from killing him with his own axe. Thanos made him bleed with one hit and overpowered him with ease. And cutting someones head with an axe is not big feat of strength. Ripping someones head of with bare hands is. Like i said, if you want to use something as evidence for power level you should use feats he has done with his bare hands. Punches, kicks, throws etc. Killing someone with a weapon is not much of a strength feat. Like Captain America with Mjolnir. Captain America is powerful, but also is Mjolnir. It is like using feat of strength when someone hits you on the head with aluminium bat. I know it requires strength to land such powerful blow but aluminium bat is stronger than your head.

Cutting off normal heads with an ordinary sword requires you to be physically Street level (Do the math on people with Large Country level dura). If you're not strong enough to handle your weapons, you can't possibly hope to fatally wound anyone with them.

Back