• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-monitor for high 2-A!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i guess by now everyone has gone through justice league #19 and #20 in that issue mr mxy claim he only knows 4 being that exsist on a even higher dimension than his own that is 6th dimension so i think by scaling they should atleast the same level as svs who also trancended to realm of pentheons which said to be 6D. Though i agree monitors in general lack feats but anitmonitor should be up their and i just want to know what all you guys think on this. Also in DC 5D is not a spacial dimension as its confirmed that it is dimension of imagination atleast as per rebirth.

Also i have one question did mr mxy forgot about ultimator or was he non canon as he was the being of 10th dimension right ?

We were planning to give the Monitor, Anti-Monitor, and Barbatos an extra Low 1-C statistics key, but that seems to have been forgotten.

Ant, why don't we take a step back and stop taking everything called dimension this and dimension that literally?

That same scan literally thinks the entire DC Multiverse including the Source Wall is 4-D, which is unreliable because we all know 1 Universe is 4-D. And places the 6th Dimension as the Multiverse's Penthouse and Control Room which would create an inconsistency mess with our High-1B DC profiles?

It's not 6th Dimensional just because it's called that. It's unreliable.

You might be correct. You can ask the following members to comment here if you wish:

Matthew Schroeder, Sandman31, Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Ryukama, Reppuzan, Shivansh Garg, KLOL506, Zensum, TheC2, Crimson Azoth, Eficiente, The Archdemon, Sera EX, Kepekley23, Huesito88, Yobo Blue.

I must say I agree with the ambiguity of labelling it with regular dimensional scaling. The Fifth Dimension, as it exists in DC Comics, doesn't fit the conventions of String Theory (which Morrison based the cosmology on), even if you could conceivably squeeze the Sixth Dimension into the paradigm: https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html

In DC Comics, the Fifth Dimension is a realm of imagination, quite different from String Theory's regular definition. The Sixth Dimension, as the "control room of the Multiverse", is beyond the Source Wall, which the old map called "the limit to Thought". And the Multiverse has been quite bluntly described the Multiverse as existing as part of an "Omniverse", initially created as a weapon to kill other beings like Perpetua before she was sealed and it was remade properly.

And, apparently (which I just learned from looking him up), falling into the Overvoid resulting in Mandrakk falling all the way down to the Dark Multiverse.

Figuring out the cosmology should be done first before making any solid conclusions.

Well, in "Justice League: Crisis Times Five", Grant Morrison originally defined the 5th-dimensional beings in a similar manner to what we do, as ones that encompass time and hypertime/parallell timelines. Then he had Bat-Mite mention that the 5th dimension is imagination during his Batman run.

The two are not mutually exclusive, as the point of hypertime is that all DC Comics stories are real somewhere in some timeline, and that they constantly intermingle, merge with, and separate from each other.

If you take Hypertime too literally, it's literally a 1-A Multiverse as Hypertime contains different origins of DC's Multiverse by different 1-As from different comics. As Hypertime's nature is also to explain the wonky contradictions of DC. Hence, Hypertime is not quantifiable and I wouldn't talk about the claim about it "containing all of DC" if I were you Ant as there already theories like what I just stated springing around and we might end up encouraging such a thing.

Hypertime is an inquantifiable metafictional Multiverse, some Morrison interviews have placed it that everything in DC Comics, from the 0-D to the 1-A is 2-D only, with Hypertime containing our real life Universe all the way to a real life 10-D. That is why some think Hypertime is 10-D but that is a Metafictional perspective. That said, very little things that Morrison says can be taken seriously as he mixes dimensional tiering with metafiction. He didn't say these things with us in mind to talk about Battle Board stuff.

that still means that antimonitor is above mxy or atleast on par so i think even if they dont want to give low 1-c they should atleast give him atleast high 2-a imo

and yeah dc dimension theory change writer tot writer and dc to vertigo in vertigo lucifer and presence went beyond all space and time above all dimension and have their chat and in pre crisis dc i dont which comic character also mention that they are part of infinite spactial reality and then their is ultimator which 10d being which i think dc completly forgot lol as per now till monitor realm its only 6D so that means mandrakk and cosmic armour superman fought in 6D? and then cas drop mandrakk in overmonitor that will make ultimator above overmonitor( primal monitor) aka who on tier 0 on this site its all hyperbola lol

the ultimator tale was just a off hand comic about mxy telling a tale, so it being used in comparison to current writers isn't the best idea.

lucifer and the presence never stated to be bound by dimensions in any pre crisis story if lucifer was at full power.

Hykuu said:
the ultimator tale was just a off hand comic about mxy telling a tale, so it being used in comparison to current writers isn't the best idea.
lucifer and the presence never stated to be bound by dimensions in any pre crisis story if lucifer was at full power.
no i mean in dc comics justice league or action comics not presence or lucifer lol

@Nether

Okay. Noted. I will try to remember it, but I have lots of tasks to keep track of.

@Hykuu

We should probably delete the Ultimator in order to avoid misunderstandings.

So would 1-B be more reliable than High 1-B?

Hykuu said:
that's not pre crisis, that's N52 Deadman issue 2 I think.
this twitter scan was shown in another thread by alonik, it's not infinite
is n52 still canon if its is then hierchy is completely messed because Rama kushna knows lot more dimesnion so she might be a being above 6D which means she exsist above monitor realm or comprehend realm that are way beyond monitor realm but only source wall and overmonitor thats it are beyond monitor realm

1-B in the scan? sure, though that doesn't mean all of dc should be downgraded because of a single debunked scan.

In any case, it is best if Matthew makes a decision about this. He doesn't like when I interfere in the DC scaling due to being a bit too openminded.

Antvasima said:
In any case, it is best if Matthew makes a decision about this. He doesn't like when I interfere in the DC scaling due to being a bit too openminded.
but atleast anti monitor need an upgrade in power though he should be above or as strong as mr mxy

one more think mr mxy could just be lying to justice league about 6th dimesnion as he is con and his plan was just to trap superman by making him go into 6d and how can he open a door to 6D? And can you guys check my thread on odin?

The Anti-Monitor currently seems to be more powerful than Mxyzptlk, yes, but he was only portrayed as equally powerful to The Spectre during the original Crisis. If we upgrade him he should simply get an additional key.

@Hykuu I like that you want to continue using N52 Cosmology when all of that had already been retconned by Rebirth.

6th Dimension = Multiverse's Control Room and "Penthouse".

Whether you like it or not, it's the top layer of the Main DC Multiverse. If you're gonna keep 1B/High-1B DC, you might as well give us High-1B Forger, Monitor and Anti-Monitor and Perpetua because they transcend all the levels of the Source Wall already.

Nether nine said:
@Hykuu I like that you want to continue using N52 Cosmology when all of that had already been retconned by Rebirth.
6th Dimension = Multiverse's Control Room and "Penthouse".

Whether you like it or not, it's the top layer of the Main DC Multiverse. If you're gonna keep High-1B DC, you might as well give us High-1B Forger, Monitor and Anti-Monitor and Perpetua.
n52 multiverse has almost infinite dimension and all its character should benifits from it in power scaling and rebirth multiverse has 6 or 7d as per now so rebirth character should get bump in power from by including the key we shouldnt need to downgrade other being from previous multiverse as their power rating is true for that time.

Nether nine said:
@Pridexego
So what you're saying is that we should get High-1B Perpetua, Monitor, Anti-Monitor and Forger?
no they are only 6d+ but cas and mandrakk in that story and n52 multiverse were above imesurable dimensions its just this current justice league writer rectonned the rebirth multiverse.

they can also add the key in cas and mandrakk profile which state in rebirth they are only 1-b or low 1-b

maybe dc dimension are wayy more powerful that the string theroy or anyther series because dc 5th dimension is redicusly ham its the dimesnion of imagination so beyond that what could the writer do he can only add 6th dimesnion as the dimension of unimaginable things which he already added lol so now what will be 7d ? dimesnion of ultra non-imaginable things ?

So we're gonna upgrade the Monitor Brothers to 6-D based on the current cosmology. But we're keeping Mandrakk and Cas as being 1-B based on one outlier cosmology scan that was never iterated in any Morrison Source comic from an older cosmology.

Flippy floppy standards I guess?

Well, I hope that Matthew will be able to come up with a workable solution.

Yes, I meant that I hope that he will be able to come up with some reasonably consistent standards.

Well, given the innumerable dimensions and the 196000-dimensional snowflake structure, the DC Comics multiverse is definitely at least 1-B, but I am not sure how we are going to scale between Mandrakk and the other Monitor-level beings. That is where our main inconsistency lies.

Especially considering it was heavily implied that The Monitor actually kept up with entities such as the Super Celestials.... Which makes this a lot more complicated to scale because that would definitely be a higher tier than mere 2-A.

Nether nine said:
So we're gonna upgrade the Monitor Brothers to 6-D based on the current cosmology. But we're keeping Mandrakk and Cas as being 1-B based on one outlier cosmology scan that was never iterated in any Morrison Source comic from an older cosmology.
Flippy floppy standards I guess?
well mandrakk was a being beyond multiverse and was eating every fictonal story their is that itself put him on high1-b if not higher i have seen lots of anime character here who control fictional story in 1-a and he was also described as evil editor by grant morison and was a threat to monitor mind(primal monitor this site tier 0 character) so i think he should be where he is right now imo and monitors cant fight him at all thats why they needed superman, ultranman and quantam superman all 3 of them combined to make cas who can adapt to the level mandrakk after a time of fighting and still got fractured after the fight and they never truly beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back