• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Remove the Anti Matter Wave and Durability Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I propose two options for this.

Option 1: We remove the anti matter wave from the Anti-Monitor profile and explain in more detail why the Anti-Monitor does not scale to the anti matter wave in a footnote.

Option 2: We keep the anti-matter wave but as Environmental Destruction instead, and as Emirp said we add more explanation regarding the anti-matter wave, explaining that the wave is not something the Anti-Monitor scale to or something applicable to combat.

What do you all think?

Option 1: We remove the anti matter wave from the Anti-Monitor profile and explain in more detail why the Anti-Monitor does not scale to the anti matter wave in a footnote.

Option 2: We keep the anti-matter wave but as Environmental Destruction instead, and as Emirp said we add more explanation regarding the anti-matter wave, explaining that the wave is not something the Anti-Monitor scale to or something applicable to combat.

What do you all think?
Option 2.

What do you all think?
I vote Option 2.

I vote Option 2. Option 1 is a bit redundant since the Anti-Monitor already doesn't scale to his Anti-Matter wave. It's just barebones in its explanation.
Okay, since we have Option 2 agrees from Emirp and Qawsedf, and full agrees from myself, DDM, Ant, and Firestorm, I think Option 2 is a good compromise that should keep both parties happy.

Well, I think we have a winner here, option 2. Now, what about the Anti-Monitor's durability? Should it be downgraded to a variable level for the reasons above, in the OP?

No? Pariah simply opened a portal between the Anti-Matter universe and the Positive Matter Multiverse, whhich then the Anti-Monitor then took advantage. Anti-Monitor even literally states that his experiment being the cause for it is literally impossible in that same panel.
But it does some affect AM wave, and it wasn't generated through AM's own power.
Pre-Crisis characters have many feats beyond just 4-B. And this is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
It's relevant since OP suggested to give a possibly 2-A from pre crisis characters.

Last edited:
Rewinding time isn't AP at all. That's a totally different scenario. Plus, there's tons of characters that have even more blatant chain-reaction feats than this as AP.

He still created it. And, plus, every additional universe destroyed by the animatter is converted by him into more energy. Pariah's experiment was just what allowed him to do it in the first place.

Pre-Crisis characters themselves have possibly 2-A, and for different reasons. That's why.

Rewinding time isn't AP at all. That's a totally different scenario.
Destroying a multiverse through spreading anti matter across positive matter isn't AP either.

Pre-Crisis characters themselves have possibly 2-A, and for different reasons. That's why.
That's why I showed an evidence which explicitly described thier actual power levels. It means 2-A feats are either out of context or outliers.

Doesn't infinite amount of energy scale to 3-A tier? It that's the case, I agree then. However, In COIE, universes were destroyed by one by one. it there's an actual infinite number, it would take infinite time as well, so I don't think he generated infinite amount of energy.

However, In COIE, universes were destroyed by one by one. it there's an actual infinite number, it would take infinite time as well, so I don't think he generated infinite amount of energy.
You can do tasks one by one and still end up doing infinite tasks overtime.
It's called having infinite speed.

No matter how it was done, at the end infinite universes were destroyed. So the feat speaks for itself.

It's relevant since OP suggested to give a possibly 2-A from pre crisis characters.

The possibility 2-A is from scaling to the Pre-Crisis versions of Superman and Darksied, but I personally think that they shouldn't have possibility 2-A and either be downgraded to Low 2-C or stay 2-C only, but that's for another thread.

These are Anti-Monitor's current tiers and keys

Tier: 2-C, possibly 2-A, higher with Absorbing Energy. 2-A via Anti-Matter Wave | 2-A with the Anti-Matter Universe Absorbed | 4-B | Low 2-C | 1-A

Key:
Within the Multiverse | Dawn of Time | Sinestro Corps War | New 52 | True State

So what are we doing with "2-A via Anti-Matter Wave?" "2-A Environmental Destruction via Anti-Matter Wave?"

Is he still considered 2-A with the anti-matter universe absorbed?

Okay.

The 2-A with Anti-Matter Universe absorbed is the "Dawn of Time" key. Should we maybe just change it to "2-A" and rename the key to Anti-Matter Universe Absorbed or something?

Yeah that's more convenient.
Okay, I've made all the aforementioned changes. Would someone mind looking at it briefly to make sure I didn't make any big mistakes? I left the "with anti-matter universe absorbed" in the 2nd keys dura and AP descriptions as it is more or less the justification itself.

Oh yeah, about the Varies thing, how are we gonna phrase it?

As well as the note thing, is something like this good?
Anti-Monitor created his Anti-Matter Wave by taking advantage of the nature between Positive and Anti-Matter, and the two being unable to coexist. As such, his Anti-Matter Wave shouldn't be combat applicable within a Versus Match up

Oh yeah, about the Varies thing, how are we gonna phrase it?
The durability currently reads:

Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ (Fought his equal in power[1], Mar Novu, for one million years before falling. Withstood a beating from Pre-Crisis Supergirl), higher with Absorbing Energy (After absorbing an Anti-Matter Star, the combined forces of several Pre-Crisis heroes didn't do any damage to him)

I think that's fine, right?

Wait, about this?
Oh, sorry, when I first responded to that comment the note thing wasn't in it.

Anti-Monitor created his Anti-Matter Wave by taking advantage of the nature between Positive and Anti-Matter, and the two being unable to coexist. As such, his Anti-Matter Wave shouldn't be combat applicable within a Versus Match up
This looks good. I've added it at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back