• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-Monitor(DC Comics) vs Emrakul, the Aeons Torn(Magic: The Gathering)

Who eats who?

-Both are at their strongest.

We needed more Magic: The Gathering Threads in my opinion.

Bonus Discussion: Which is a more terrifying way for a universe to end? Anti-Monitor or The Eldrazi altogether?
3058844-7916211690-antimonitor
Anti-Monitor

Emrakul
Emrakul, The Aeons Tor

I concur; The MTG Verse is in desperate need of a makeover; maybe when the staff are done with the revisioning of this wiki, I'll more than certainly be a supporter of said verse. It's only a shame that I have no clue about Anti-Monitor, but Emrakul (RIP, Overlady of the Eldrazi...), and the other Titans can deal serious damage to the Multiverse alone, and even since Battle for Zendikar, even without Emrakul, even the spawn has become more powerful with the same properties; as Scions, and have all 5 major colors mastered. I think since Emrakul's "Death", the Eldrazi are powerful enough without her; still not sure about Anti-Monitor though... Any info?

EDIT: Also have an Idea that's battle thread/MTG based; Dio Brando vs Sorin Markov. Can't wait to throw it out...

The Anti-Monitor almost devoured the entire DC multiverse, which contained an infinite amount of universes.

I'll check Anti-Monitor's page for further achievements, but based on how fast The Monitor can devour and destroy an entire Multiverse (Emrakul never returned as of Battle for Zendikar, but the Eldrazi in general proved to be stronger without her anyway; forcing the Gatewatch alongside the four Oaths to stop them.), my bet's potentially on Anti Monitor if we're doing MAX power... BRB.

EDIT: Whoa... Both have the same moves, Tier, and are both hard to kill, even against each other. The only Anti-Monitor I found out about was the one from Pre-Crisis, he could be higher elsewhere... Emrakul is able to hide within the Blind Eternities like a Planeswalker, or any Eldrazi like her when unbound; only allowing those who can Planeswalk to chase after her; but the Eldrazi can go so fast, it's beyond human comprehension; and she's normally slow too... Not to mention getting near her consumes the target. Based on these reasons, I'm giving the vote to the Aeons Torn herself; both have the same Arsenal, but Emrakul has many unknown abilities that make her a tough foe to confirm her abilities...

Sorry again for the long post. >.<'

So is it a stalemate for now? Because unless more knowledgeable people on both Anti-Monitor and Emrakul show up, then we really have no way of coming to any real conclusion...

Probably Emrakul, I suppose. AM is likely going to have difficulty killing a being whose true essence resides in the swirling chaos and nothingness of the Blind Eternities, though I doubt it would be an easy fight.

The way I now see this: Anti-Monitor wins by consuming the entire MTG multiverse at once, or Emrakul wins by just appearing out of nowhere from the Blind Eternities (Thus dissolving Anti-Monitor into dust for food.); But, yeah, this should probably be inconclusive until further notice unless other reasoning can be confirmed... With that said... This is Interplanar Genocide...

Also, can anyone make a Verse Page for MAGIC: the Gathering? There's more to it than just Nicol Bolas, Yawgmoth, and this... Thing you know...

BMHKain said:
Also, can anyone make a Verse Page for MAGIC: the Gathering? There's more to it than just Nicol Bolas, Yawgmoth, and this... Thing you know...
^This. We really need a Magic-Verse page. Not only do current planeswalkers like Jace and Sorin deserve pages, but so do Oldwalkers like Urza and Teferi. And maybe other powerful characters like Commodore Guff and Lesharc.

Uh, Emrakul is supposed to be at least multi universal, as the MTGverse contains megaverses, and the Eldrazi are supposed to destroy universes by merely existing in them IIRC.

The Gleaming Dwarf said:
BMHKain said:
^This. We really need a Magic-Verse page. Not only do current planeswalkers like Jace and Sorin deserve pages, but so do Oldwalkers like Urza and Teferi. And maybe other powerful characters like Commodore Guff and Lesharc.
And the sexy Kiora <3

And the sexy Kiora <3

No love for Tamiyo? The fact she traveled to Innistrad to study the events of Avacyn Restored ultimately gave her more new questions than old; making her one of the most powerful Battle of Wits based Planeswalkers; though I'll have to assume she's just as strong as her own kin... Ashiok's ability to alter one's Dreams, invoke Fear, and even create minions puts even Darkrai to shame. His/Her abilities are even multiplied while in Theros. Anyways, Assuming we're talking about the Antimatter Universe Anti-Monitor, here is what I found of his abilities: Unique Physiology: The Anti-Monitor was one of the most formidable foes ever faced by the heroes. In addition to possessing vast size (varying from several meters to hundreds of meters), he has destroyed and absorbed countless universes. The Monitor explains that over a thousand universes have been destroyed. Even the Spectre was unable to defeat him even after being augmented by many powerful sorcerers, including a fifth dimensional imp. Therefore, he wields enough power to destroy a universe, Energy Projection: Ability to create waves that have the power to unmake matter at its most basic level,Energy Construct Creation, Invulnerability: He's personally battled scores of the strongest heroes from hundreds of universes simultaneously without taking any damage whatsoever, Energy Absorption: He consumed thousands of positive-matter universes to increase his power, Power Distribution: The Anti-Monitor also showed capable of greatly augmenting another being's powers, as he did with Psycho-Pirate, whose powers were increased to levels too much for him to handle, Reality Alteration, Leadership: He commanded an army of Qwardians and shadow demons, and had access to highly advanced technology capable of shifting, merging, or destroying entire universes, Genius Level Intellect, Tactical Analysis Emrakul is at least as big, can potentially consume the entire MTG Multiverse given enough time, can easily hide into the Blind Eternities; which Ugin explained that those without a Planeswalker Spark can die; and come back close enough to vaporize him. Mere troops get vaporized much easier, Emrakul is powerful enough to do the same thing on a dust scale, she can easily turn Anti-Monitor to dust alone just by existing, she being more powerful already is a HUGE mistake for A-M, Both can do Reality Alteration. Both are Expert Leaders, and are easily intelligent beyond ordinary comprehension, but I'm not sure if Tactical Analysis can help Anti-Monitor beat a Multi-Dimensional Abomination Simply put, if what Aparajita said is true, Emrakul wins unless I read different. So for now, Emrakul wins. Once again, sorry for the long comment, and I mean no harm to Anti-Monitor. Okay? But seriously, we need a MTG Verse Page, and I call Tamiyo, Ashiok, and Vraska. :p

Fair enough; though I was kidding with Ashiok & Vraska unless nobody is interested, though I really want to do Tamiyo as not much of her combat capabilities have been confirmed. But it's official: Me, Aparajita (To at least a degree based on his idea on doing Kiora), and potentially The Gleaming Dwarf will be the main people of the MTG Verse page; but shouldn't we get back on topic before the staff finds out, or have we been at a verdict between Anti-Monitor, & Emrakul?

EDIT: Though I'd like to do Darkrai vs Ashiok eventually (Arena: Nykthos, THEROS.), maybe after the renovations...

Natse said:
What is the verdict?
That's what I've been guessing myself... Anti-Monitor has quicker universal consumption, but based on the colorless MTG card Titan's Presence, Eldrazi Titans like Emrakul just simply vaporize, then consume just by existing; so maybe Emrakul wins this one... Not trying to say that Anti-Monitor isn't a formidable foe though; he's brutal as well...

I'll vote for Emrakul, as i remember Jace and Sorin talking about the Eldrazi able to "Consume all of the Megaverses", which i believe is above what the Anti Moniter is able to do.

Natse said:
What is a megaverse? Is it greater than a multiverse?
A megaverse, IIRC, is a thousand multiverses. Jace and Sorin are members of the Planeswalker Council, who guard the MTGverse, which every realm is a universe, with some being universe+ and some (Like Jand) being High Universe+ or Multiversal.

If i recall correctly, there are 5 Megaverses during Nicol Bolas' Prime years, one for each color of mana.

A megaverse, IIRC, is a thousand multiverses. Jace and Sorin are members of the Planeswalker Council, who guard the MTGverse, which every realm is a universe, with some being universe+ and some (Like Jand) being High Universe+ or Multiversal.

If i recall correctly, there are 5 Megaverses during Nicol Bolas' Prime years, one for each color of mana.

To further explain what Aparajita is saying, I found a list of confirmed Planes of Existence. Keep in mind Planes can die after a long, long time; it even depends on the plane. You can also check the Planechase section of the wiki for Planes that might not have been mentioned. It even has locations of those planes to avoid mild confusion. LINK

In case you're wondering, that's not even all of the Planes in the Megaverse; there are at least hundreds yet to be mentioned. It's that big.

Also, if anyone cares, I'm working on a Rough Draft of Tamiyo's page outside this wiki...

UPDATE: First Full Draft complete. You can find it HERE.

After this Dilemma of stat changing is complete, I'm posting it...

I also plan to pit Tamiyo against a certain Lunaria in a battle of Tsuki-Usagis under the Full Moon itself in Gensokyo...

And yes, I know that Soratami tend to partly hide their rabbit ears; making them Inaba People as well... So the rivalry fits; in a way...

What do you think?

bump

If anyone still cares; Emrakul has nearly all the votes, so I'll have to assume she won this. I will bring this to the topic for validation...

Anti-Moniter would have to consume Emrakul, where Emrakul would only need to get near Anti-Monitor for him to disintigrate. And since it required four planeswalkers and an entire world's magic as a supliment to take down Emrakul's little siblings, consuming it would not be easy.

Back