• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Across the Mario-Verse [2-A God Tier Upgrades & Cosmology]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. The reasoning makes sense, it seems a bit weird to update a whole verse based on what is essentially just an endless side mode of a game. Neutral I guess.
You see while I would likely understand this, I have to ask if you read the other 2-A Stuff besides LM2 Its not just that. Just seems like you are purposely ignoring everything else in the blog. Such as the SMB2 Dreams, Party 5 Dreams, and even SPM... Which are do not even use side modes. Only Luigis Mansion 2. The blog isnt based off JUST one side mode.

Oh and 64 TickTockClock is also seemingly endless when in the same game paintings are referred to as worlds So therefore infinite world if this helps anything

This would make 4 Mainline non side modes against 1 side mode game. Supporting 2-A cosmology. Which justifies a straight 2-A than "Possibly 2-A" if it was only LM2’s side mode. Than sure. Possibly 2-A works best. However this isnt the case

And even if TTC isnt good evidence somehow than its still 3 nonside modes against a singular side mode supporting 2-A cosmology which is already consistent.

Last edited:
You see while I understand this, I have to ask if you read the other 2-A Stuff besides LM2 Its not just that. Youre ignoring everything else in the blog. Such as the SMB2 Dreams, Party 5 Dreams, and even SPM... Which are do not even use side modes. Only Luigis Mansion 2. The blog isnt based off JUST one side mode.

Oh and 64 TickTockClock is also seemingly endless when in the same game paintings are referred to as worlds So therefore infinite world if this helps anything

This makes 4 Mainline non side modes against 1 side mode game. Supporting 2-A cosmology. Which justifies a straight 2-A than "Possibly 2-A"

And even if TTC isnt good evidence somehow than its still 3 nonside modes against a singular side mode supporting 2-A cosmology which is already consistent.
I don't think "Everything" was brought up in that blog yes. The Dreams and parallel universes statements and the "Universes that have consistent Endless/Infinite size" statements are used. But I think someone mentioning "Infinite paint" which sounds a bit vague. Though Bowser's Inside Story implying that atoms and molecules are consistently sentient and are shown to basically "Talk in their sleep" could be closer supporting evidence. Or that even Dream World residents can have dreams. And a couple other things mention or imply an infinite number of things that equate to life yeah but don't remember all examples.

Though I do agree there is more back up stuff to support 2-A, though I do not agree with "At least" given that any "Tier 1" related topics should at best be saved for a different thread.

If I had a nickel for every time a platformer verse's cosmology was made bigger by dreams, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
There are quite a few verses there the cosmology comes from "Dreams being universes." Quite a few RPG verses do too and some Anime/Manga verses, but please stay on topic if going to post here.

You see while I would likely understand this, I have to ask if you read the other 2-A Stuff besides LM2 Its not just that. Just seems like you are purposely ignoring everything else in the blog. Such as the SMB2 Dreams, Party 5 Dreams, and even SPM... Which are do not even use side modes. Only Luigis Mansion 2. The blog isnt based off JUST one side mode.

This would make 4 Mainline non side modes against 1 side mode game. Supporting 2-A cosmology. Which justifies a straight 2-A than "Possibly 2-A" if it was only LM2’s side mode. Than sure. Possibly 2-A works best. However this isnt the case

@Maverick_Zero_X
@KingTempest
@Dereck03

Im aware your current stance on this is possibly 2-A. Though Im interested if this comment makes you rethink anything.

None of the other sources support “infinite” amounts of dreams. The only evidence is the Scarescraper.
Did you forget about Party's support for infinite?
All taken directly from the blog btw.

Agree with this.

I don't really know what you're referring to here
Tick Tock Clock probably also like, doesn't even exist by the end of SM64.

That doesn’t support an infinite “amount” of universes, it just supports that dreams can potentially be infinite size in terms of 3D space. And even then, it specifically calls it an “endless dream”, which can also refer to the dream living forever as opposed to its size

I don't really know what you're referring to here

Tick Tock Clock probably also like, doesn't even exist by the end of SM64.
1: What is not clicking? I'm directly telling you for a second time. That the infinite support isnt exclusive to scarescrapper.

2: How can you even assume TTC doesnt even exist at the end of SM64? Theres nothing to back that up.

1: What is not clicking? I'm directly telling you for a second time. That the infinite support isnt exclusive to scarescrapper.
That's cool man, you didn't like, elaborate at all in that post though.
2: How can you even assume TTC doesnt even exist at the end of SM64?
Maybe I'm getting my Mario 64 lore wrong but those worlds were created by Bowser, right? Why would they not be removed when he's out of the picture?

Also that's a scan from a... guidebook I think? I wouldn't give it much weight

They weren’t created by Bowser, they were just modified by him.
Alright, fair.
Are those even dream worlds? You aren't presenting any context.
The translation given seems pretty spotty and is barely comprehensible, but this just shows the dream world itself is infinite, not that there's infinite of them.
"This is... a world made of everyone's dreams. Do you dream!?"

Besides this translation also being barely comprehensible (which means it should not be taken literally), it also says they're all one universe, which is clearly not the interpretation you're going with.

Besides this translation also being barely comprehensible (which means it should not be taken literally), it also says they're all one universe, which is clearly not the interpretation you're going with.
Translation of japanese to english is rarely 1:1 given differences in the various branches of linguistics (notably semantics), but it seems clear the sentence is saying he's entered the world of dreams. Google translate also returns: "Here is. A world made of everyone's dreams. Is it Yumemir?"

In both translations, the meaning seems to be that he has in fact entered the world made of everyone's dreams.

I still think the OP's blog makes sense, and could at least see a possibly 2-A rating, but I think some people in this thread are confusing "an infinite number of dreams" with "individual dreams being infinite in size" (the latter of which simply proves the dreams are Low 2-C given they're their own space-times)

Are those even dream worlds? You aren't presenting any context.
Stated by a star that dreams that come true, this is meph's blog, not mine, they should know more than I do. Though I'll admit this is a valid concern.

The translation given seems pretty spotty and is barely comprehensible, but this just shows the dream world itself is infinite, not that there's infinite of them.
This is still 2-A cosmology last time I checked, an infinite dream world. Its already established that dreams are universes in the Mario series. To address the "spotty translation" my phone copied all of the text, and was a 1:1 Comparison. Which I can prove right now if you want.

One semetic thing every endless mode of scarescraper has infinite Ghost in dark moon/2 since even rush mode which you could make a weak argument for not having infinite Ghost due to ghosts not being required to exist foe the game mode otherwise has a boss ghost every five floors.

This is still 2-A cosmology last time I checked, an infinite dream world. Its already established that dreams are universes in the Mario series. To address the "spotty translation" my phone copied all of the text, and was a 1:1 Comparison. Which I can prove right now if you want.
The statement says one single universe created by everyone's dreams, that's Low 2-C. What's the statement in English?

What the **** are you talking about? This is so dumb.

World can mean literally anything and you're out here saying it means only a universe was made with everyone's dreams, you know, the dreams that can literally be about the universe?

Please stop. We've been over this.

Like I thought we've been over "world can mean literally anything in Mario" so the Dream Depot being a world that's a multiversal structure is okay? I don't see anything wrong with that given the evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back