• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Across the Mario-Verse [2-A God Tier Upgrades & Cosmology]

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you seen the dream depot stuff? Its just not about scarescrapper.
Yeah but stuff from that doesn't support there being infinite dreams. It just supports dreams being infinite in size (and even then, that statement was only about a place created by every human's dreams about space).
And does this mean anything anymore? agnaa has not once touched this.
I haven't touched that because it doesn't mean anything. It's just more non-lore material saying that endless mode was selected.

have you seen the dream depot stuff? Its just not about scarescrapper.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the idea of endless ghosts providing dreams, so if endless is conflated with infinite there should be a 2-A rating of some kind.
The scarescrapper alone has endless ghosts, who can all dream. This is pretty straight foward

The dream depot is significant, because it is of central plot focus in Mario Party 5. It's not trivial.

As said in the blog by Mephistus, besides being shown that ghosts dream in Mario Party 5, there are various statements provided on the nature of the dream depot being where all dreams go, and holding infinite dreams. Also as said, dreams (and themselves being entire worlds) have been relevant in the series since Super Mario Bros 2, with Subcon.

Nobody's contesting the dream stuff here, but it only gets to 2-A if the scarescraper is actually infinite, which is being contested to be game mechanics
It seems that it's more than just 'game mechanics' if the specific place of the scarescraper is within lore, explained by E. Gad in game. Especially with further official statements from an interview and the official game guide confirming such a number of floors for said place being infinite.

Most votes for the first two options were made before Agnaa's counterarguments so I'm gonna

@DarkDragonMedeus @LordGriffin1000 @Planck69 @KingTempest @Maverick_Zero_X @Dereck03

The disagree votes were made after Agnaa's argument and align with it so I don't deem it necessary to tag Uchiha.
Y'all can remove me from the agreement section of 2-A, I saw the arguments against it but I forgot to comment again. Right now I'm neutral, seems the discussion is still going on above.

As said in the blog by Mephistus, besides being shown that ghosts dream in Mario Party 5, there are various statements provided on the nature of the dream depot being where all dreams go
That is not true. The blog contains no statements like that, and there have been no statements shown from Mario Party 5 along those lines either.

The closest thing to that is a single statement from BS Super Mario Bros USA, saying that there are as many dream worlds as people who dream.
, and holding infinite dreams.
There is nothing in Mario Party 5, or in the blog, about the Dream Depot holding infinitely many dreams.
It seems that it's more than just 'game mechanics' if the specific place of the scarescraper is within lore, explained by E. Gad in game.
I'm not arguing that the location of "The Scarescraper" is game mechanics. I'm arguing that the idea of it having endless floors is. As far as I'm aware, there aren't mentions of it having endless floors in the lore.
Especially with further official statements from an interview and the official game guide confirming such a number of floors for said place being infinite.
  1. That's not an interview. It's a preview featuring staff from Nintendo of America playing the game, and briefly explaining the settings of the game.
  2. Funnily enough, they don't actually say "infinite" or "infinity"; they say "You can also select the number of floors, from 5, 10, 25, to as many as endless." This is clearly about the game mechanics and not the lore, given the context. They immediately go on to talk about difficulty levels, there's text at the bottom of the screen talking about how "surprise" and "endless" are unlockable modes, and how parental controls can be used to restrict 3D modes. Everything about this screams gameplay. This isn't one of the story writers coming on to talk about the lore of Luigi's Mansion.
  3. The guide doesn't even mention the endless number of floors option, at least in the screenshots that were provided. The blog only used that to argue that "the number of floors is literal", which isn't really backed up. The guide just says "Choose the type of ScareScraper you wish to create, the number of floors it will contain, and the ScareScraper's level of difficulty." Again, a statement clearly about the game's mechanics. It's no more canon than the sentence immediately following it talking about how "up to three other players can join the game".
It seems that it's more than just 'game mechanics' if the specific place of the scarescraper is within lore, explained by E. Gad in game. Especially with further official statements from an interview and the official game guide confirming such a number of floors for said place being infinite.
As explained above, this post contains multiple outright falsehoods.

Do we really need to continue this? The 2-A side isn't bringing out new arguments, and the staff tally is now 1-1-7-1 (2-A, 2-B likely/possibly 2-A, 2-B, Neutral).

Last edited:
That wasn't the end of my sentence, I said "at least in the screenshots that were provided".

But hey, thanks for providing the extra context. Which simply mentions it as a gameplay mechanic.

It could also be interpreted that endless Scarescraper is accomplished via some sort of spatial manip as opposed to the tower being literally endless baseline (not that I would use that argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back