• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Saint Seiya Gold Saints

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I've recently played SS: Soldiers Soul as my technical start up for getting into the series. And one thing I noticed was that the Gold Saints lack a God Cloth in their files.. So I was wondering if those God Cloths are canon or not.

They're canon to the Toei Anime Verse. (Anime and Omega)

They're all 3-B with Faux God Cloths, which only last a couple of seconds, and all 3-A with true God Cloths.

I could make profiles for them, but it'd be kinda redundant.

Some people still believe that the Divine Gold cloth should be High 3-A due to the difference between divine bronze cloth and divine gold cloth. But due to the fact that the saint cloth durability are depend on their Cosmos so it wouldnt be justified to make adjustment like that.

But I believe that Saga, Aiolos, and Shaka with Divine Gold Cloth should be High 3-A due to their Cosmos.

Ah I see. I was wondering since y'know they seemed like important pieces of their arsenal. But if they're non-canon to the manga then....

Shining Trapezohedron said:
But I believe that Saga, Aiolos, and Shaka with Divine Gold Cloth should be High 3-A due to their Cosmos.
By that logic Shion and Dohko should be included, as well. Also, why does Aiolos always get included in the most powerful Gold Saint group. Even before his appearances in Episode G: Assassin, many people said he was the strongest Gold Saint. Going by the manga, he did nothing aside from being very noble. None of his attacks were even shown.

By that logic Shion and Dohko should be included, as well. Also, why does Aiolos always get included in the most powerful Gold Saint group. Even before his appearances in Episode G: Assassin, many people said he was the strongest Gold Saint. Going by the manga, he did nothing aside from being very noble. None of his attacks were even shown.

Yes, that is true. But consider of how much people actually talk about him in the show quite often. It's safe to say that he as powerful as Saga due to the fact that he is one of the two candidacy and also Saga rival for Pope position but got elected due to Shion sensing Saga evil half within him. Regardless, if Aiolos were to be alive then most of the Gold Saint wouldnt be able to beat him and he would curbstomp most of them like what he did to Shura if he wasnt holding back at all.

Yes, that is true. But consider of how much people actually talk about him in the show quite often. It's safe to say that he as powerful as Saga due to the fact that he is one of the two candidacy and also Saga rival for Pope position but got elected due to Shion sensing Saga evil half within him. Regardless, if Aiolos were to be alive then most of the Gold Saint wouldnt be able to beat him and he would curbstomp most of them like what he did to Shura if he wasnt holding back at all.

1) Aiolos is only talked about so much because he was very noble and saved Athena. He was the only one to notice Saga's evil intentions. He plays a pivotal role in the story because if Saga succeeded in killed Athena, there would be no Saint Seiya, or atleast it would be a very different Saint Seiya.

2) Aiolos, to my knowledge, was a contestant for Pope because he was noble, just as Saga was. Also, Aiolos and Saga were the only Gold Saints old enough to become Pope, anyway.

3) I don't see Aiolos curbstomping any of the Gold Saints as they are all very nearly equal in terms of strength.

Aiolos is above a guy who fought a God Cloth Seiya to his full power and he whipped Aiolia and Shura with one arm. Yeah, the Anti-Pope is Low 2-C.

Tivanenk said:
Aiolos is above a guy who fought a God Cloth Seiya to his full power and he whipped Aiolia and Shura with one arm. Yeah, the Anti-Pope is Low 2-C.
He whooped Aiolia AND Shura at the same time with one arm? I doubt it. Also, Aiolia died at 14, and fought an 11 year old Shura. Other Golds probably surpassed him after his early death. And he didn't really whoop Shura now did he. I'll double check the original manga and see how the fight went. I do know could have won if he wasn't protecting Athena.

1. If you have pay attention, people talk about Aiolos not just by his noble deed but also his strength as well and heck some people would even admit that he is one of the if not the strongest saint of the 20th century.

2. Being very noble and standing for justice is not the only requirement for being Pope but also being ridiculously strong as well. If power wasn't the case then other saint would like Milo, Camus and Shura would also be a rival for Pope position as well.

3. Gold Saints fight would result in this 1,000 year war and we all know how that would went. If the 1,000 year war didnt exist then Gold Saints would be fighting a lot among themself. The Official encyclopedia state that he is equal to Saga and even the Meiken Gold saints state that he is even stronger than that.

Zak Attak said:
Tivanenk said:
He whooped Aiolia AND Shura at the same time with one arm? I doubt it. Also, Aiolia died at 14, and fought an 11 year old Shura. Other Golds probably surpassed him after his early death. And he didn't really whoop Shura now did he. I'll double check the original manga and see how the fight went. I do know could have won if he wasn't protecting Athena.
Of course he did:

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/15/s/read57615b1549679/img000008.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/15/s/read57615b1549679/img000009.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/12/s/read575cc8ab898ba/img000010.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/12/s/read575cc8ab898ba/img000011.jpg

Tivanenk said:
Zak Attak said:
Tivanenk said:
Of course he did:
http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/15/s/read57615b1549679/img000008.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/15/s/read57615b1549679/img000009.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/12/s/read575cc8ab898ba/img000010.jpg

http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/06/12/s/read575cc8ab898ba/img000011.jpg
Oh lol! This is from Episode G Assassin. I was discussing Classic Manga Aiolos and why people pump him up.

1. If you have pay attention, people talk about Aiolos not just by his noble deed but also his strength as well and heck some people would even admit that he is one of the if not the strongest saint of the 20th century.
2. Being very noble and standing for justice is not the only requirement for being Pope but also being ridiculously strong as well. If power wasn't the case then other saint would like Milo, Camus and Shura would also be a rival for Pope position as well.

3. Gold Saints fight would result in this 1,000 year war and we all know how that would went. If the 1,000 year war didnt exist then Gold Saints would be fighting a lot among themself. The Official encyclopedia state that he is equal to Saga and even the Meiken Gold saints state that he is even stronger than that.

1) When was Aiolos' strength ever mentioned in the original manga? The only person to scale his strength off of is Saga. This is when they were young. Saga wasn't in his prime. Of course Aiolos would seem strong when compared to all the other young Gold Saints. After they grew older and their powers reached their prime, Aiolos is likely no real competition as a 14 year old.

2) As I said, Shion stated in the manga that the other Golds were too young to be considered for the position of Pope. The official encyclopedia stated he was along the lines af Saga. Again, this is a young Saga. Not the older and stronger Saga we know and love.

1. You make it seem like if Aiolos didnt die then he would loose because he wont train to improve himself. If Aiolos didnt die then he would continue to be along the line of Saga rivalry for Pope. The 14 years old Aiolos wouldnt be much of a problem if he were to stay young of course.

2. Yes that is true. But consider the fact that Aiolos didnt even get a chance to shine its such a shame.

I would like to see how Aiolos would fight and hold out against one of the Titan.

1. You make it seem like if Aiolos didnt die then he would loose because he wont train to improve himself. If Aiolos didnt die then he would continue to be along the line of Saga rivalry for Pope. The 14 years old Aiolos wouldnt be much of a problem if he were to stay young of course.
2. Yes that is true. But consider the fact that Aiolos didnt even get a chance to shine its such a shame.

I would like to see how Aiolos would fight and hold out against one of the Titan.
Even better. He put down Typhon who is above any of the Titans.

1) I'm just saying we can't assume that if he lived he'd become stronger. It's likely but it didn't happen. He died and his strength should be determined at the time before he died.

2) It doesn't matter if he didn't get to shine. That's no reason to rank him on lists based on his potential and what could've been.

1) I'm just saying we can't assume that if he lived he'd become stronger. It's likely but it didn't happen. He died and his strength should be determined at the time before he died.

2) It doesn't matter if he didn't get to shine. That's no reason to rank him on lists based on his potential and what could've been.

1) Uh, that's literally what Assassin Aiolos is. Him at his full potential. That's what Aiolos would have been if he had not died.

2) He slew Typhon which is pretty impressive.

Tivanenk said:

1) Uh, that's literally what Assassin Aiolos is. Him at his full potential. That's what Aiolos would have been if he had not died.
2) He slew Typhon which is pretty impressive.

As I said, I'm discussing Classic Aiolos not Assassin Aiolos.

That's actually not the point. I was discussing why people consistantly ranked Aiolos so high on Most Powerful Gold Saints lists even before his appearance in Assassin.

@Zak

- Stated by Mu to be the strongest.

- Is more powerful than Ra, the Egyptian Sun God

- His Infinity Break is ridiculously broken

- Defeated Sealed Typhon

- Written as the strongest in every Spin-Off work of the series

- Had the 8th Sense before everyone else

- Acts as a leader to the Gold Saints in his brief interactions with everybody else.

He IS the strongest.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Zak
- Stated by Mu to be the strongest.

- Is more powerful than Ra, the Egyptian Sun God

- His Infinity Break is ridiculously broken

- Defeated Sealed Typhon

- Written as the strongest in every Spin-Off work of the series

- Had the 8th Sense before everyone else

- Acts as a leader to the Gold Saints in his brief interactions with everybody else.

He IS the strongest.
Okay so most of these points are from Episode G. I'm talking about Aiolos before Episode G. People were saying he was among the strongest when he was still a 14 year old. I think he acts as the leader to the Gold Saints because he was the first one to raelize the truth about Aiolos. Also he is basically the previous "Seiya" if you know what I mean, so of course he would have priority. In the Hades Inferno chapter, it would make more sense for Dohko to lead everyone since he wiser and has known them since they were kids and they all refered to him as the Old Master. I wouldn't say he is the steongest in every spinoff. I haven't read or watched all of them, but in Soul of Gold he wasn't mentioned or insinuated to be the strongest. In Omega (crappy series I didn't finish so I may be mistaked), I don't think he even made an appearance let alone be the strongest.

Tivanenk said:
Aiolos is 14 (or even younger) in Episode G though...
Okay I'll be more specific. Classic Aiolos is before he traveled around time and space building up his army and gaining power. Assassin Aiolos is after all that.

Zak Attak said:
Tivanenk said:
Okay I'll be more specific. Classic Aiolos is before he traveled around time and space building up his army and gaining power. Assassin Aiolos is after all that.
Episode G Aiolos is literally the Aiolos who's younger than Classic Aiolos.

Tivanenk said:
Zak Attak said:
Tivanenk said:
Episode G Aiolos is literally the Aiolos who's younger than Classic Aiolos.
I'll explain from a different angle then lol... Are you saying that Classic Aiolos (who is older than Assassin Aiolos, mind you) had the power of Assassin Aiolos but still lost to Shura even though he was at a disadvantage? I doubt you're saying that. So this really has nothing to do with age. People were saying Aiolos was among the most powerful Gold Saints. They were saying that before Episode G Assassin even began. I'm saying that doesn't make any sense.Yes, After his appearance in Assassin, he's definitely the most powerful Gold Saints as of current. We still don't if the Thirteenth Gold Saint or someone in Assassin will will become stronger than him.

I'm not talking about Assassin here. I'm talking about the original Episode G. Which is literally the Aiolos that Shura killed in the original, classic timeline. He was called both the strongest gold saint of that generation by the narrator himself AND he slew a sealed Typhon with his Sagittarius Arrow.

Tivanenk said:
I'm not talking about Assassin here. I'm talking about the original Episode G. Which is literally the Aiolos that Shura killed in the original, classic timeline. He was called both the strongest gold saint of that generation by the narrator himself AND he slew a sealed Typhon with his Sagittarius Arrow.
Does "that generation" refer to the time when only he and Saga were around and the other Gold Saints were children? I dont think killing a sealed Typhon would put him above everyone else. To be fair, all the Gold Saints in Episode G are above their classic incarnations.

Zak Attak said:
Tivanenk said:
Does "that generation" refer to the time when only he and Saga were around and the other Gold Saints were children? I dont think killing a sealed Typhon would put him above everyone else. To be fair, all the Gold Saints in Episode G are above their classic incarnations.
It referred to the time near his death so the young Gold Saints received their Gold Cloths already. And really, who else would you put above Aiolos? Saga? Shaka? Heaven forbid, Dohko?

And no, the Episode G saints are literally the Classic Saints, jsut younger. Well, if you exclude any Dunamis boosts, that is.

Normally I do put Dohko and Shion above Aiolos and I don't see any problem with that. I'd do the same for Shaka and Saga. Unfortunately I haven't finished reading Episode G or Assassin but I do keep up so I'm not about go and make a list just yet.

Yes they are younger but have displayed more powerful feats. They're just written to look stronger is what I'm saying.

Partly. There are are reasons though. He has a lot of experience. Saga called him the strongest Gold Saint in original manga. He was equal to Shion, who has a perfect score on the Taizen. Dohko and Shion were survivors of the previous Holy War, which was referred to as the most trying.

The fact that Aiolos was able to get through 2 houses speak greatly about his own power and he was protecting Athena before he die fighting Shura.

Saga wouldnt have commented on Aiolos strength if he wasnt that strong.

I guess we cant still know who would win between Aiolos and Saga. Though, I am still waiting for Saga to show up Assassin to fight Chaos Aiolos.

I dont know about Saga getting fingerflicked by Aiolos. Since he could possibly have other technique that he didnt bother using.

Thats remind me at what age did the gold saint achieve 7th sense ????

The fight that would made a history in my opinion is Chaos Aiolos vs Evil Saga. That would be great to see the two duke it out and going completely all out without any care whatsoever.

Back