• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Semifinals Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
The semifinal rounds are finished, and our candidates for the final round are predestined. However, who's going to hold the bronze metal? Third place isn't that far from first and second.
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Gildedguy, submitted by WeeklyBattles, and Ren Tao, submitted by FateAlbane.

7-A Gildedguy and O.S. Super Bushin Ren are used. Speed is equal. Battle takes place in the waterways of the city-plane of Ravnica.

Gildedguy scales well above 312 megatons, Ren is some ungodly value above baseline (should honestly have a + on his tier if he scales that far ahead but who am I to judge).

Theme song of Gildedguy Theme song of Ren Tao
Gildedguy -

Ren Tao -

Incon -

Gildedguy vs. Ren

My punishment for copy + pasting stuff from semifinals 1 and 2, lol.

Right now I'm sorta leaning towards Gildedguy but I shall wait for the more knowledgeable folk to speak since I haven't been knowledgeable on a single character this whole competition.

every Ren thread is basically waiting for Fate to comment

From what I remember Ren can bypass armor/sheilds with attacks due to intangbility.

Can Gildeguy's armour block Ren's attacks? Please note that interacting with Bog's liquid is not enough to interact with souls. Considering he's summoning a hundred blades from below that ignore Gilde's armour to cut him, Gilde's not going to be having a great time.

Unless there's some hundred year old people in Hyun's Dojo, Ren also outskills.

Gildedguy should surpass Ren significantly when his power increases as the fight continues, but getting straight past Gildedboi's armor from the get-go means Ren can close out the match rather fast, especially given his skill.

It doesn't help that Gildedguy tends to get into the thick of it rather than playing keepaway in combat. From what I'm aware of there isn't anyone in RHG that can just go through his armor like that barring amourphous characters like Bog.

That put the moment Gildedguy realizes his armor isn't doing jack he will do everything in his power to avoid attacks, but as Monarch said Ren likely outskills.

Outage =/= Outskill, I will say that, though it is a good supplement to feats of skill. Like I said, unfamiliar with both of 'em so I can't really speak much apart from general statements.

I mean, Ren can analyse and counter complex fighting tecniques and counter them after viewing them once, and learned how to use the Oversoul after watching some dude use it, if that helps.

What are some of Ren's skill feats?

also just want to point out that gildedguy has fought alongside people who literally attack by sending their attacks through the ground to hit from below the opponent and has fought people who have fought them

Mr. Bambu said:
Outage =/= Outskill, I will say that, though it is a good supplement to feats of skill. Like I said, unfamiliar with both of 'em so I can't really speak much apart from general statements.

Gotta agree with this 100%. Age doesn't always equate to skill, if we're comparing skill then we should bring actual skill feats to the table to see which is more impressive. I'm not familiar with either one of the combatants but people should post scans and feats for the skills that both combatants have show cased.

I would have to wait on Fate for that one, not crazy familiar with the series myself.

That doesn't really equate to him being able to deal with opponents whose swords can bypass his armor completely. With Bog it's kind of obvious, but he would have no way of expecting a sword to just pass through his armor and hit him.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, Ren can analyse and counter complex fighting tecniques and counter them after viewing them once, and learned how to use the Oversoul after watching some dude use it, if that helps.
That's good, Info Analysis is always great (and totally not seen in Heroes at all no siree). So I sits and waits for now.

Yeah, it would help here if the virus could seamlessly go through his armor with projectile weapons.

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, it would help here if the virus could seamlessly go through his armor with projectile weapons.

Er... wouldn't it help if it couldn't do that? Like if it could go through then that wouldn't help him at all

Wait, Actually GG has fought people with skill comparative to someone with hundreds of years of experience. Benjamin is that old and he admits that Jade is more skilled than him

Well lets see...Gildedguy...

• Is the only character in the verse to date who has stalemated Bog, who in turn has beaten Blue, one of the most skilled veteran fighters in the entire verse, and has shown to have skill comparable to Larry, who is famous for being able to skill stomp almost anyone in the verse if he wants to (Including Blue lol).
  • Defeated Jade while he was unarmed, Jade being the leader of an organization with individual members who alone fight veritable armies on a near daily basis, with characters such as Benjamin, a magic user with several hundred years worth of training and experience, admitting that Jade is the most skilled out of any of them.
  • Is skilled enough to fight alongside Arzo, who from his page:
    • Is a highly skilled wind manipulator, capable of manipulating his attacks to create a wide variety of both conventional and unconventional attacks, defenses, and weapons. He is skilled enough to go so far as to develop special techniques made specifically to counter certain fighting styles, such as countering shield and barrier users by sending his wind through the ground to attack from below, and even techniques to specifically counter his elemental weakness, fire. He has experience fighting a wide variety of opponents with varying weapons, abilities, and fighting styles, even defeating opponents with abilities that directly counter his own. His combat record is widely acclaimed as being one of the best in the Dojo, only losing three matches over the course of his career, two of which were lost due to the opponents (Matilda and Time Havoc) being forced to incapacitate him rather than defeat him outright, and one resulting in the opponent (Angous) suffering life threatening injuries as a result.

To be fair, Jade did beat him fair and square while he armed in their first encounter. And that's canon to the storyline (it's why GG was at the Nemesis museum in the first place; Jade invited him after she won).

True but he did fight her for an extensive amount of time in that match and forced her to use her strongest attack to completely destroy his armor and force him to stop fighting

Oh, don't get me wrong. Gil's definitely as skilled as her. But Jade's such a cinnamon roll and needs more appreciation especially since she and Nemesis got overshadowed by Glitchtale and she's more Gildedguy's character than Camilla's ovo.

WeeklyBattles said:
Well lets see...Gildedguy...
  • Is the only character in the verse to date who has stalemated Bog, who in turn has beaten Blue, one of the most skilled veteran fighters in the entire verse, and has shown to have skill comparable to Larry, who is famous for being able to skill stomp almost anyone in the verse if he wants to (Including Blue lol).
Bog defeated Blue because the latter was very overconfident and was greatly physically outmatched, not because of skill.

Go to sleep for a few hours, 3 fights pass. Gildedguy I miss you.

The fact that I now have to go through a literal crusade for skill scans over the course of the whole series for the match I didn't even know would happen is making me scream internally to the point of breaking my metaphysical vocal chords.

Give me a while, and I'll get to it.

>>> "Age doesn't count for battle experience."

...When you've been doing nothing but fight literally every sort of enemy for centuries on end, it really does.

But sure, lemme go get some scans on this.

First off: You get a spirit, you can use all their skills. Not just experience: We're talking experience, skills, intelligence and general abilities they gathered during their life and afterlife. That adds to your own. You can do so even at 10% acceptance (Yoh's original skill level at the very first chapter) but then there's 100% Acceptance as well , a skill that comes so early up in the series (when Oversouls weren't even a thing yet).

Amidamaru had been fighting multiple adult enemies and generally defeating them without sustaining serious injuries since when he was a child at the age of eleve (he's 600+ years old in the series) but had no experience whatsoever in Shaman Fights at the time. Yoh had trained for years on end to be a shaman and didn't learn this skill and almost died. Then, they proceed to learn it on the spot right in the middle of a short death match just because Ren spoke about the general mechanics .

This whole 100% acceptance thing comes along so early that Ren over 200 chapters later mocks one of the endgame enemies that "You're so weak, my basic skill alone will do" .

Ren's guardian spirit, Bason, was said to do nothing but fight for 500+ years. Note that his sister's spirit, Lee who is more a spirit of the current age was skillful enough to create Daodando which was described as the strongest fighting style in story during his normal human life . At BOS, Ren fully doubts these skills would be sufficient to come any close to Amidamaru's ow

...He's sort of initially proven wrong, but only because Lee Pailong was fighting at a maintained 100% of his skills whereas Yoh was not channeling all of Amidamaru's own + lacked a sword . The moment he gets a sword he proceeds to instantly get past the defenses of the same guy who was stomping him a moment before thus proving that unlike what Jun initial assumption, people on Amidamaru's level are more than capable of outskilling fighters of the kind they should have awful compatibility with . The guy who taught him the roots of Kung-Fu was also 96+ years old "only" and he initially outskilled him enough for Lee to not even touch the guy as he was utterly predicted and read which they 100% state it's not because of Yoh's body . His skill is compared to a literal child against this guy, despite being the Kung-Fu Master of the strongest style in the world.

Showing again that Shaman's keep/can channel the skills of the spirits they have used or possess even while in OS as seen here as explained here as well as here . Which also means thatif the Shaman themselves don't see or can't react to an incoming attack the spirit uses its skills and moves the OS on its own to protect them .

An strategy that Ren at this point in the series didn't use as he saw Spirits only as tools and thus got him Outskilled despite being about 3x stronger than Yoh. Nonetheless, they tied by the end of the day since Ren then pulled more or less the same on Yoh who also pulled more or less the same by learning his technique mid-battle . Again. Just like this, to match him .

None of this begins to compare to Ren's skill at this point in the series, as Fumon Tonkou wasn't yet a thing at this point in the series nor would it be for a long while. Nor Ren's own crazy fast adaptation to skills since:

1. Lee's master (the 96+ year master from before) was latter fodderized by Jun and an Improved Pailong.

2. Ren defeats his father channeling all of the 2000 years old souls of the Tao Dinasty (See that Nonon thread).

3. Ren 100% states he's using the experience of Bason. who "has come across all sorts of weapons and different martial arts techniques, defeated them and learned all about their techniques", thus becoming the "ultimate spirit fighting machine".

4. Ren adapts to Mikihisa's skills - a part of the secret collection of skills (Chou Senji Rakketsu) that Hao left behind , not by learning it as it should be, but by watching it and learning it in the middle of a battle where he was HORRIBLY outclassed in power and blitzed to hell and back by Fumon Tonkou + Superior speed due to Spiritual Power Gap . This is the same skill which according to Yoh and the other Funbari Onsen members, takes literal "Training from hell" to get). And he does learn all of them. Despite being having barely been able to even follow what the hell Mikihisa was even doing.

5. In fact, Ren learns Fumon Tonkou so well that he actually outclasses multiple of Hao's own subordinates , who were directly taught by him, at once - despite having been just introduced to the skill and mastered it by being stomped by it and watching, he has it mastered to the point where instead of cancelling it out with other users , his version of it outclasses a bunch of them at once. To the point where he only gets killed in this fight because Nichrome deliberately tells him he's the brother of the guy he killed before so Ren hesitates in fighting back and gets insta-impaled with Great Prejudice by a surprise attack from Grande Fantasma.

6. Ren also adapts to Gandhara's Nullification skill and figures it out and learns it mid-battle despite not even knowing such a thing existed. Again, while being outclassed as all his attacks and defenses where being reduced to naught passively. by their own. These guys spirits are literal Buddhas , divine class spirits who are said to have attained a level of enlightenment superior to most others in the series.

7. That's due to the fact that they are directly related to literal Hell, which is where the strongest shamans go to for training later in the series, such as when Yoh, whose skill should be comparable to Ren's own at this point in the series, also engaged in fighting his ancestor who had battled Hao (and defeated him) prior to the story proper. Training in hell in this case consists of doing nothing but fighting and killing other spirits for all of eternity or until you return to the earth, all under the pressure of if you waver, your spirit disappears immediately. And that's ust the first hell. Yoh's first opponent is his Ancestor who, on top of having trained his whole life to defeat Hao 500 years ago , also spent the next 500 years in Hell doing nothing but fighting other powerful spirits of sinners under these conditions. Yoh defeats him. and he praises Amidamaru's ability as well.

There should be more stuff around in regards to this skill matter (since as Sati beating up freaking Enma or Ren instantly realizing what the skills of some other shamans were all about) but this is far as I'm committed to go for scans on this I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back