• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Brackets Semifinals Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
The semifinals have arrived, and the winner of these two rounds will progress to the final round.
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Lucario, submitted by The real cal howard, and Ren Tao, submitted by FateAlbane.

Base Lucario and O.S. Super Bushin Ren are used. Speed is equal. Battle takes place from the Chamber of the Flame stage from Mortal Kombat 9.

Lucario scales well above 531 megatons, Ren is some ungodly value above baseline (should honestly have a + on his tier if he scales that far ahead but who am I to judge).

Theme song of Lucario Theme song of Ren Tao
Lucario -

Ren Tao -

Incon -

Lucario vs. Ren

There's a sense of irony that I ended up fighting Cal nonetheless.

Before I say my thoughts on this I should start by saying I'm proud of my boy for making it this far.

Just as a heads up there will be a third Semifinals round between Gildedguy and the loser of this round for 3rd place.

Is Cal around?

I'm mostly deliberately delaying my argument to wait for what he says on this.

Eh, guess I'll start it anyways with a little few things I've been thinking.

From the present look of things and going from the previous thread, seems to me like Ren has it on skills and stamina, while Lucario should have AP since he's still the Toguro of this tournament and has Amps on his side to top it off.

MR1
MR2
Ren can predict his moves via Fumon Tonkou, while Lucario's own Mind Reading won't work as well here since Mind Reading in-verse couldn't make proper sense out of his thoughts.
Not sure if Lucario has non-physical interaction so that his defenses get on the way of the OS attacks or not.

AnonymousBlank said:
Sooooo ...... Lucario slaps?
He probably has the AP advange but (judging from the Ruti thread at least) even if he was at 999+ MGT he wouldn't just slap. Does make it easier for him to blow up Ren and his Oversoul and make him tire faster whenever he has to recreate it, though. So it's still a + to Lucario for sure.

Forseight negates immunity/very high resistance if I'm not mistaken, not NPI.

Through verse equalization Ghost type moves should be able to bypass intan though.

@Fate

You should add Telepathy resistance to Ren's profile, btw.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Despite Ren being my recommended character, I'm leaning more on Lucario myself.

I'm just generally considering all the factors around before I (very much likely) vote for the Jackal to make sure I'm not just ignoring something or skipping to the chase with the finals - in fact, I said I've been expecting Lucario vs EMIYA for the finals for a while now.

And yes, Ren's profile is utterly outdated. Granted, SK was never one of the most famous/notorious verses around debating from what I gattered so it's a given. Oof.┬▓

Anyways, I'll make a proper argument and my vote in the next reply. If Cal comes along later he can add his thoughts.

I mean, you should be fine adding missing abilities given you've posted the scans on every thread that you've mentioned them without dispute.

Anyways, let's go.

Ren outskills via 500+ years of fighting experience + feat of defeating 2000+ years of experienced collection of souls.

Ren takes it in stamina as well (see previous fight for Ren).

Lucario however should take it in AP from what I got from his great scalling before. Even if this difference isn't initially enough to give him too much of a marginal edge, he has several amps on his side to further increase this gap. Foresight and verse equalization means her can interact with the Oversoul judging from the points above, which means Ren has to take care for his superior blows that can damage him badly and also blast his Oversoul giving him the need to remake it as well whenever it gets caught up in one of Lucario's powerful strikes.

Ren however has Fumon Tonkou on his side which can keep him in the game longer by predicting Lucario's moves and reacting beforehand. Lucario's own mind reading will be resisted which means Ren can at least score some nice hits with AOE like Togenkyo and other such attacks.

I'm not sure how Lucario's other means of precog work so technically he might still cancel Fumon Tonkou to some extent despite Mind Reading failing.

Ultimately, due to his superior offense and defense along its amps, Lucario can take and dish more than Ren can survive against and keep itself in the game. Also Lucario seemingly has healing which is another point in its favor to overwhelm Ren by the end of the day.

Though I'm still proud of how valiantly my character has fought, this is the end of the road for Ren. The jackal rightfully passes to the finals.

To clarify, my vote is that Ren puts up a really hard fight but loses in the end. Between Lucario's AP, honing attacks, buffs, and illusory duplicates, Lucario just amps himself to be able to launch an Aura Sphere that cripples.

Also, depending on how old the Lucario in question is (if he's 1000 or something, as the oldest Lucario is that old), skill might not go to Ren, as Riolu start training right out of the egg.

Edit: Didn't know how crazy skilled and old Ren was. Disregard that last paragraph.

The real cal howard said:
Edit: Didn't know how crazy skilled and old Ren was. Disregard that last paragraph.
Ren isn't that old, but he can channel the fighting experience of his guardian spirit and use it as if it's his own. Same for various other shamans in the series.

Yeah... in peak performance I'd hand it to Lucario for now. The skill point would be Ren's best defense but if Cal is right there is a reasonable assumption that Lucario has trained for nearly a thousand years.

So...

We gotta hold on making the final match. There needs to be a bunch of hype behind it. More hype than anything else. We need another original picture. We need music. We need to think of entry speeches like wrestlers.

This will be the match that'll be talked about in VSBW for years to come.

Lucario vs Archer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back