• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A / High 1-A / Tier 0 Revisions Hub

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Hi. Good to see you.

So, it has finally happened. The new Tiering System is applied. Evil is defeated. We can all go home now. So, I'll be making this thread for a twofold purpose:

1. To keep track of the potential torrent of attempts at 1-A-through-0 upgrades resulting from the revisions, giving people a place in which to submit their threads.

2. To survey verses that need revising in that area and haven't been taken up by anyone as of yet. So, if you come across any verses containing justifications that seem like they'd be affected by the new Tiering System, drop them in here and see if anyone is interested in addressing them. If no one is, you're encouraged to work with the information on the profiles.

And in case you need a reminder:

That said, to keep things under relative control, a certain stipulation will be established: Only 4 threads tackling 1-A to High 1-A verses will be left open at any given time. And similarly, only 2 threads tackling Tier 0 upgrades will be left open at once. Exceed that limit, and the thread will be closed, added to the hub, and opened when we reach its place in the queue.

Good luck.

Tally​

Tier 0

High 1-A

1-A

Last edited:
None of these are mine, but I'll link some threads regarding 1-A and beyond I've found so they do not end in the Sea of Oblivion:

Marvel

Fate

Star Maker

Though 2 of them were created previous to the CRT being applied. But since they are oppened rn… I still linkened them
The first one isn't a direct tiering revision, and moreso deals with the particulars of Marvel as a verse, so, putting it to the side for now.

The first one isn't a direct tiering revision, and moreso deals with the particulars of Marvel as a verse, so, putting it to the side for now.
Could someone post a proposal here for upgrading the abstracts from the standard Marvel verse (so ignoring that cosmology split) to 1-A?

Delete if this will be clogging up the thread, but what is this threshold for approval? Is it three staff members? Does the staff need to be administrators?

Delete if this will be clogging up the thread, but what is this threshold for approval? Is it three staff members? Does the staff need to be administrators?
Same as usual high-tier CRTs.

Could someone post a proposal here for upgrading the abstracts from the standard Marvel verse (so ignoring that cosmology split) to 1-A?
I'm dealing with that one myself, later.

There was also a thread related to the topic back in november which attempted to downgrade transcendence but context was added.

Maybe, but it would have to be discussed alongside the High 1-A+. Do you have anywhere where we can go over it, before a thread is posted?
Sorry to bother you, but I saw your PFP and I’m really curious: Do you have plans to updating Serial Experiments Lain based on the new tiering system ? I’ve heard some really interesting things about the verse off site that’s may result in an tier update

So exactly how many verses are you going to personally tackle?
Yeah.

Sorry to bother you, but I saw your PFP and I’m really curious: Do you have plans to updating Serial Experiments Lain based on the new tiering system ? I’ve heard some really interesting things about the verse off site that’s may result in an tier update
I might.

Now shoo. Don't clutter this thread.

Great news and congratulations!
Been following and sharing this around haha.
Interested to see how Cthulhu mythos and World of Darkness will be effected.

also wanted to say it here again, I believe Large Size should receive a change since for characters such as yog sothoth and azathoth a new type is definitely required (maybe type 12 for qualitative superiority)

also wanted to say it here again, I believe Large Size should receive a change since for characters such as yog sothoth and azathoth a new type is definitely required (maybe type 12 for qualitative superiority)
Oh, nah, it was agreed that extending Large Size to 1-A-0 is misleading. Their state of existence is indexed by BDE.

btw some stuff looks different? I remember type 4 Multiverse was also shown in the low 1-A. what happened to it?
also does the uncountable infinity in high 1-B plus also includes cardinals such as inaccessible, Mahlo and etc

btw some stuff looks different? I remember type 4 Multiverse was also shown in the low 1-A. what happened to it?
also does the uncountable infinity in high 1-B plus also includes cardinals such as inaccessible, Mahlo and etc
Did a few changes to the Tiering System page, and that includes removing some of the references to this or that concept, so as to not be too restrictive on how to rate them. Everything that was said before more or less still holds true, though.

And it does, yes. (Ask questions of this kind in the commoners thread, by the by. This one shouldn't be cluttered)

Should we have a cleanup thread where we change the tiers for those who got affected by the tier 1 revision you made? The one that changes which dimension corresponds to which tier? Like all 6D people are now 1-C.

Should we have a cleanup thread where we change the tiers for those who got affected by the tier 1 revision you made? The one that changes which dimension corresponds to which tier? Like all 6D people are now 1-C.
Yeah, that as well. Someone else is free to make a thread organizing that, if I don't later today.

Another one, this time for Last Boss.

If it’s not too much to ask, can we keep a tally on the OP in terms of what verses is under evaluation, which ones do qualify for X tier and which ones don’t? Just so everyone else can understand better what qualifies?
Yeah that does makes sense to do.

When I saw you in notification I immediately thought you posted the Blazeblue Tier Update here in time with the new tiering system update

Tally added. I'll mark out the results of each thread in there as well, when those start coming out.
By the by, what about accepted 6-D verses that just need a semantics change from Low 1-C to 1-C. Can that just be handled via a mass edit, or does it need some kinda thread?

By the by, what about accepted 6-D verses that just need a semantics change from Low 1-C to 1-C. Can that just be handled via a mass edit, or does it need some kinda thread?
Probably create a thread to list all profiles that are 6D, I don't think their are that many, and have a bot edit all the ones that don't have a 5D and 6D key, and manually edit the ones that do.

There was also a thread related to the topic back in november which attempted to downgrade transcendence but context was added.
Make a thread for it.

@Ultima_Reality I made a minor change to the OP to include an accepted/rejected list, so we'd just need to list off whatever verses are on either side and which tier it was argued on.
Nah. I'll mark out "Accepted" and "Rejected" next to the thread links themselves. It's useful for threads that propose upgrades to multiple tiers, too, since such a thread can be accepted in one respect and rejected in another.

Back