• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Book Of Bill - Gravity Falls (Part 1.5 , Cosmology update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sequel for this thread started from @ShionAH.

No Bill roleplay this time, as I'll go straight to the point.

Basing on all the updates given from both the Book of Bill and its recently released website, this updated cosmology blog was made. Not much is changed, outside the following:
  • The main multiverse, despite still being 2-A, possibly High 1-C, has slighty more solid basis on the latter, due to these aliens being straight up being called 7-Dimensional, other than Bill also relating additional spatial dimensions to additional directions of movement.
  • There is more information about the Mindscape, due to it also housing ideas, which can also be immortalized humans who are remembered forever in the story of humanity due to their stories.
  • There's not just a Nightmare Realm, but infinitely more of them as Hypertimelines, due to infinite variations of it existing, which are also called directly as timelines from both Bill and Time Baby. Due to the Nightmare Realm already using infinite universes, each being a different space-time continuum, the only logical conclusion is for each Nightmare Realm to also have a higher temporal dimension that encompasses all these space-times, making it not just a +1 compared to the multiverse, but actually a +2, hence each Nightmare Realm is a 1-C, possibly 1-B structure with 1 level of dimensionality higher (aka 6-D to 13-D). This is similar to how Kingdom Heart's Ocean Between had also a +2 compared to the cosmology, thus being a 6D structure (before being reduced to a +1 due to strictier standards regarding being bigger than Tier 2 structures while still having the Higher time dimension valid).
  • There's a 1-A structure, that being Dennis' world, which views all of this as fiction due to this whole cosmology being a simple card that is owned from a normal kid. No one outside of that guy scales to it though.
All the scans are in the sandbox, so I won't make a lenghty post on it.

(It's a Part 1.5 due to this being between Shion's hax update and my own incoming one, which will be an actual Part 2).

Edit: 1-A will be put on a hold on, given that @Ultima_Reality apparently expressed desire to comment on it and its scaling.

Last edited:
1-A?

Yeah, no.

The universe being contained in a card is not an immediate indication of R>F and in fact these scans show that they broke free from their contained universe/the card and interacted with the carried of said card which is already a BIG DISQUALIFIER for 1-A given the fact that lower realm entities entering 1-A realms is an anti-feat.

The universe being contained in a card is not an immediate indication of R>F and in fact these scans show that they broke free from their contained universe/the card and interacted with the carried of said card which is already a BIG DISQUALIFIER for 1-A given the fact that lower realm entities entering 1-A realms is an anti-feat.
Please... read before jumping to this.

While Bill and Time Baby physically interacting with Dennis' world would normally be an anti-feat for the latter, due to them being somehow going in and physically interacting with said world without an explanation, the event is invalid due to it being an Outlier, as Bill would otherwise have already enough power to destroy all the Multiversal Timelines, when in the show, after getting empowered from the Weirdmageddon, he described himself as being infinitely stronger than before, despite the Weirdmageddon affecting only a Multiversal Timeline, thus causing a contradiction in the overall plot of Gravity Falls.

Literally in the notes...

There's a 1-A structure, that being Dennis' world, which views all of this as fiction due to this whole cosmology being a simple card that is owned from a normal kid. No one outside of that guy scales to it though.
Honestly, the whole "it's an outlier" is pretty easy to pull with such a blatant anti-feat. I wouldn't say it's groundless to assume this, but it could very well be some sort of dimensional travel that doesn't involve their AP.

Honestly, the whole "it's an outlier" is pretty easy to pull with such a blatant anti-feat. I wouldn't say it's groundless to assume this, but it could very well be some sort of dimensional travel that doesn't involve their AP.
They have physically pushed the card carrier, that'd be literally a 1-A physical AP feat lmao.
simply having a universe in a card is not an indication of R>F thank you very much.
Why would it not? If a book or a game are R>F, card games are also valid.

Why would it not? If a book or a game are R>F, card games are also valid.
Bro use the argument properly where Dennis's higher reality actually views lower one as code encoded onto a trading card and said lower reality actually being illusory or nothingness 😭
Well, then, it would mean Denis reality isn't 1-A to begin with?
Ultima said off site that if the feat is considered an outlier there's not much of a reason for Dennis not to be 1-A. Either that or Bill is +1 to cosmology

Well, then, it would mean Denis reality isn't 1-A to begin with?
It's an outlier as otherwise Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill, who is like... 3-C at best otherwise, would be infinitely be stronger than the Weirdmageddon, which didn't even fully affect completely the world within the card.

Ultima also agreed with me on this

Bro use the argument properly where Dennis's higher reality actually views lower one as code encoded onto a trading card and said lower reality actually being illusory or nothingness 😭
I didn't know how to explain these wacky ass 1-A standards lol.

Ultima said off site that if the feat is considered an outlier there's not much of a reason for Dennis not to be 1-A.
Ninja'd.

Ultima said off site that if the feat is considered an outlier there's not much of a reason for Dennis not to be 1-A.
I mean, yeah, I never said the opposite. I just feel that the website scene (the one about the fight) and the book seems intrinsically linked. Saying one of them is an outlier seems rather dubious in my opinion.

I mean, yeah, I never said the opposite. I just feel that the website scene (the one about the fight) and the book seems intrinsically linked. Saying one of them is an outlier seems rather dubious in my opinion.
If you don't say it's outlier then you have Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill being Tier 1 already, which is pure non-sense.

If you don't say it's outlier then you have Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill being Tier 1 already, which is pure non-sense.
Yeah, and it's fine for it to be pure nonsense, not everything in scaling needs to make sense.
Sadly that's not how outliers work, we can't just pick and choose what is and isn't an outlier, especially major feats and moments like this because. Outlier Good (Gets my verse to 1-A) vs. Outlier Bad (disproves my favorite character being 1-C 😢 )

Sadly that's not how outliers work, we can't just pick and choose what is and isn't an outlier, especially major feats and moments like this because. Outlier Good (Gets my verse to 1-A) vs. Outlier Bad (disproves my favorite character being 1-C 😢 )
I'm fine with either or because it ends with the funny tier upgrade either way.

Yeah, and it's fine for it to be pure nonsense, not everything in scaling needs to make sense.
If it's invalid, then Dennis has no longer anti-feats, simple.
Are you actually reading? It not being an outlier means that Bill is 1-C in both the keys, which is... stupid.

Sigh... That's some shit that is worth discussing over for every verse on the website, but I'll spare you about the conversation.

Under our Tiering System, Dennis' reality qualifies (at least, from what I've read on the cosmology blog, it seems fine) but clearly, if the fight with Bill and the Time Baby happened, it means that whoever wrote it (idk if different authors write stuff or not, I'm not too familiar with the verse beside the show itself) didn't follow whatever qualifier and/or disqualifiers we currently have.

A verse can very well use R>F but still not give a 1-A or above rating, despite the author's intent being very clear about it. Personally, I think this is one of those cases.

Sigh... That's some shit that is worth discussing over for every verse on the website, but I'll spare you about the conversation.

Under our Tiering System, Dennis' reality qualifies (at least, from what I've read on the cosmology blog, it seems fine) but clearly, if the fight with Bill and the Time Baby happened, it means that whoever wrote it (idk if different authors write stuff or not, I'm not too familiar with the verse beside the show itself) didn't follow whatever qualifier and/or disqualifiers we currently have.

A verse can very well use R>F but still not give a 1-A or above rating, despite the author's intent being very clear about it. Personally, I think this is one of those cases.
If a reality is 1-A, then by sheer size anything that's not insignificant must also be 1-A by sheer size, due to it being more real than the fiction benheath it.
It's implied that the card also holds all the Multiversal Timelines, due to Bill Cipher and Time Baby, during one of their fights, accidentally going outside of the card and bumping on the card carrier.[13]
While Bill and Time Baby physically interacting with Dennis' world would normally be an anti-feat for the latter, due to them being somehow going in and physically interacting with said world without an explanation, the event is invalid due to it being an Outlier, as Bill would otherwise have already enough power to destroy all the Multiversal Timelines, when in the show, after getting empowered from the Weirdmageddon, he described himself as being infinitely stronger than before, despite the Weirdmageddon affecting only a Multiversal Timeline, thus causing a contradiction in the overall plot of Gravity Falls.

Literally a note. Otherwise Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill gets Tier 1.

If a reality is 1-A, then by sheer size anything that's not insignificant must also be 1-A by sheer size, due to it being more real than the fiction benheath it.
Yeah, because you're following the postulate of Dennis' reality being 1-A. It can very well not be 1-A and it would still make sense.

I’ll just say that in GF “Reality creates fiction and fiction creates reality”, idk how this can help so just leaving it here

Yeah, because you're following the postulate of Dennis' reality being 1-A. It can very well not be 1-A and it would still make sense.
If it's not 1-A, then the feat is valid, and the characters would be 1-C/1-B, which would kinda contradict the whole story.

Plus... are you saying that Ultima is wrong on this despite giving his opinion?
Why can’t Multiverse straight up scale to 11D?
Simply no reason to.

If it's not 1-A, then the feat is valid, and the characters would be 1-C/1-B, which would kinda contradict the whole story.

Simply no reason to.
Due to Ford saying Aliens came from 7 to 11 dimensions and Bill saying they are seven-dimensional… isn’t that enough?
I mean we know Multiverse is infinite anyways.

Due to Ford saying Aliens came from 7 to 11 dimensions and Bill saying they are seven-dimensional… isn’t that enough?
String stuff still fully applies here. The new evidence is only a bit better given it's mostly stuff we already do know about dimensions. But it doesn't discard the possibility of these dimensions still being string ones.
It still explains how reality and fiction are treated in-verse in relationship to each other.
Yeah, about the people getting remembered forever as ideas thanks to their (fictional) stories, thus making a loop of fiction and reality affecting each other.

This can't be related to Dennis lmao, who is outside the mindscape as a whole.

It still explains how reality and fiction are treated in-verse in relationship to each other.
No it doesn't. These are two completely different things. First off Mindscape and Physical reality are stated to be just as real as each other on the scan. Also Reality "creates" fiction by creating stories and ideas in the mindscape while fiction creates reality by guiding the motives and thoughts of people in the physical reality which create ideas and stories in the mindscape.

Literally a note. Otherwise Pre-Weirdmageddon Bill gets Tier 1.
That's not how it works, once again you cannot just pick and choose what is seemingly a canon event to be an outlier because it hurts the potential for a 1-A rating.

This event has seemingly happened and unless you want to write off the entire thing and everything involved with it as noncanon you cannot just list a canon event as an outlier because it's bad for the 1-A rating.

Bill and Time Baby breaking into DENNIS' dimension either happened or this event just doesn't exist, in which case then 1-A may be possible but for now righting it off as an "outlier" doesn't work.

That's not how it works, once again you cannot just pick and choose what is seemingly a canon event to be an outlier because it hurts the potential for a 1-A rating.

This event has seemingly happened and unless you want to write off the entire thing and everything involved with it as noncanon you cannot just list a canon event as an outlier because it's bad for the 1-A rating.

Bill and Time Baby breaking into DENNIS' dimension either happened or this event just doesn't exist, in which case then 1-A may be possible but for now righting it off as an "outlier" doesn't work.
Ultima also agreed with me on this
Just stop. You're just repeating yourself on this with no new argument.

Not really. Denni's reality can just be put as "unknown" instead. We're shown that it wouldn't qualify for 1-A but wouldn't necessarily qualify for an higher dimension or higher plane of existence since being from the lower reality can still reach it without any actual explanation.
I mean, you're talking about the screenshot you sent? There is nothing wrong with what he said.

Unexplained interaction with 1-A stuff is an antifeat.
If the "unexplained interaction" is, in fact, invalid, it means it isn't an antifeat, which is logical.

I mean, you're talking about the screen you sent? There is nothing wrong with what he said.

Unexplained interaction with 1-A stuff is an antifeat.
If the "unexplained interacted" is, in fact, invalid, it means it isn't an antifeat, which is logical.
You're ignoring the part where he said that if it's invalid then is 1-A lmao.

You're kinda stonewalling here and refusing to address what's being said here.

You're ignoring the part where he said that if it's invalid then is 1-A lmao.
Yeah, and I'm trying to conciliate the "outlier" as something that happened, while still making sense of everything, without dismissing it entirely.
You're kinda stonewalling here and refusing to address what's being said here.
How can I stonewall when I'm not a staff member, I barely care about the verse beside the fact it's a great show and that, ultimately, my opinion is unimportant?

Raising questions isn't "stonewalling", it's just asking stuff. Stop being so confrontational.

String stuff still fully applies here. The new evidence is only a bit better given it's mostly stuff we already do know about dimensions. But it doesn't discard the possibility of these dimensions still being string ones.
Eh, so you wanna say Multiverse is infinite in 3 dimensions and finite in 8 left?
Yeah, about the people getting remembered forever as ideas thanks to their (fictional) stories, thus making a loop of fiction and reality affecting each other.

This can't be related to Dennis lmao, who is outside the mindscape as a whole.
Given the fact that not only Bill and TB got to Dennis’ dimension and that Bill is very well aware of Dennis, I doubt that.

Last edited:
Not really. Denni's reality can just be put as "unknown" instead. We're shown that it wouldn't qualify for 1-A but wouldn't necessarily qualify for an higher dimension or higher plane of existence since being from the lower reality can still reach it without any actual explanation.
This point doesn't really matter considering the dimensional tiers dont have the same interactiblity/non-interactibility requirements as 1-A and someone from lower reality affecting it wouldnt be an anti-feat rather than them just scaling. Also considering how multiverse is just code encoded onto a small trading card it necessitates at least a size difference since that code/card would at least contain said multiverse.

This point doesn't really matter considering the dimensional tiers dont have the same interactiblity/non-interactibility requirements as 1-A and someone from lower reality affecting it wouldnt be an anti-feat rather than them just scaling. Also considering how multiverse is just code encoded onto a small trading card it necessitates atleast a size difference since that code/card would at least contain said multiverse.
I mean...Sure?

It may be a dumb question, but how can there be "code" inside a physical card?

Just stop. You're just repeating yourself on this with no new argument.
I mean, I’m not. I’m trying to drive the point home that it’s not an outlier and even if it was it still happened and serves as an anti feat.

If I’m disagreeing with Ultima then I don’t care, this site is built on disagreements but I don’t think my argument is one that goes against what he’s saying as you like to tout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back