• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why was TF2 downgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why was TF2 mercs downgraded? Cause Scout's rocket feat kinda looks like 9-A, since most rockets are on that level.

So, why was TF2 mercs downgraded? Cause Scout's rocket feat kinda looks like 9-A, since most rockets are on that level.
Downgraded because it was multiple rockets, Soldier's individual ones were also calculated at just 9-B.

In regards to the statement that most are on that level, not necessarily, as only a specific warhead in use by the RPG-7 is considered 9-A, whereas the more commonly used ones are only 9-B.

Downgraded because it was multiple rockets, Soldier's individual ones were also calculated at just 9-B.

In regards to the statement that most are on that level, not necessarily, as only a specific warhead in use by the RPG-7 is considered 9-A, whereas the more commonly used ones are only 9-B.
I mean, he took all three at ones. And there was a calc that put them at 9-A.

I mean, he took all three at ones. And there was a calc that put them at 9-A.
The individual yields are still considered less, we don't consider a minigun a higher tier because of its fire rate.

If it had to do with vaporization it wasn't considered plausible.

It's not fire rate, it's Scout tanking all at once. And what's wrong with this calc? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../Team_Fortress_2:_Scout_Survives_an_Explosion
Because the individual yield of those things wouldn't add up to that result, and I believe it was called into question if he really took all of it at once in this thread. (I am trying to provide a decent spot as to where it was discussed, but there's multiple pages here)

You may also have to look through this thread as well, being a continuation and all.

I don't mean to seem as if I'm brushing away your concerns but just throwing links your way, but it may be best for you to see the arguments made yourself.

Because the individual yield of those things wouldn't add up to that result, and I believe it was called into question if he really took all of it at once in this thread. (I am trying to provide a decent spot as to where it was discussed, but there's multiple pages here)

You may also have to look through this thread as well, being a continuation and all.

I don't mean to seem as if I'm brushing away your concerns but just throwing links your way, but it may be best for you to see the arguments made yourself.
Ok, fair enough about three rockets, but that calculation measures the actual size of the explosion scout took.

Ok, fair enough about three rockets, but that calculation measures the actual size of the explosion scout took.
The problem lies in the fact that three rockets end up making up that explosion, where a calculated yield for Soldier's rockets individually are still 9-B.

It's disputed in the thread and I don't believe their downgrade was simply due to oversight.

The problem lies in the fact that three rockets end up making up that explosion, where a calculated yield for Soldier's rockets individually are still 9-B.

It's disputed in the thread and I don't believe their downgrade was simply due to oversight.
I mean, they still did cause the explosion. Scout survived it. Plus, Soldier has many different rockets.

I mean, they still did cause the explosion. Scout survived it. Plus, Soldier has many different rockets.
Yeah they did technically cause it, but it's about 3 things causing x result vs. 1 thing doing it; something can be resistant to smaller caliber rounds but still be penetrated by something larger, and even then he still wouldn't end up tanking the full yield of the blast. He was also winded by a singular blast a second before that.

This second bit wouldn't matter, given the one being disputed his his vanilla one.

I recommend reading through the thread as to understand why it's not used.

Yeah, not only that, the rocket feats thing is an antifeat; we consider scenes in which "The character was severely injured by still survived" stuff we don't normally scale to durability.

Not only that but he never even tanked a rockt and was incapped to the point of being near death from one just landing near him

they couldnt do anything to the bread monster though, they needed the bomb to kill it and thats the same bomb that canonically oneshots them

Causing somthing pain doesnt mean yuo scal to it, especially when you ned piercing weapns to do so ant it casually physically overpowers you

Scout has his piercing club there and was shown to pierce through the Bread's skin. Sniper literally few seconds after that shot off one of its tentacles. So I'd say, they should kinda scale.

Yes, he needed a piercing weapon to hurt it, that means he wouldnt scale physically as piercing weapons make it immensely easier for someoneof a low tier to hurt someone of a higher tier without actually scalig to them

Doesn't it apply only to guns and tier below some specific number of 9-A? Never heard it for normal piercing weapons. With that logic, any spear user on the wiki wouldn't scale to their opponents.

It applies to all bladed and piercing wapons

Also doesnt help that the bread monster is massive compared to the piercing club meaning it would be even easier to pierce it

Go for it, its been in the works for some time now

Hang on it was actually discussed recently for a thread, lemme see if i can find it

"A 9-C handgun can pierce damage anyone up to 9-B, and a sniper rifle can pierce damage human sized characters up to 9-A. Piercing is also more likely to happen the bigger than target is, but any human sized character 8-C or above getting hurt by bullets is just plain bad writing. Basically the summary of it. But Mr King makes sense mostly." - Medeus

Then Bread's tier should be calced. He busts through some pretty thick walls so maybe will yield impressive results. That was my point from the beginning.

The fact that it was onshot by the sam 9-A bomb that oneshots the mercs even if it does reach 9-A it wouldnt be able to scale anywhere above the current tiering, let alon the mrc scaling to it as it casually overpowerd them and even ubercharged Heavy was barely able to damage it

The mercs were thrown around by its tentacles multiple times. And the mercs can hurt each other. So even if that half assed piercing logic does apply, and we will reach that conclusion later, there is that.

Ubercharge does not boost damage, it just makes him invulnerable to any physical damage.

Yeah, not only that, the rocket feats thing is an antifeat; we consider scenes in which "The character was severely injured by still survived" stuff we don't normally scale to durability.
Well, the problem is, Scout was already very injured at that point, and still survived. And nobody really debunked the 9-A calc for these rockets.

• The explosion treats the entire blast as a single rocket as opposed to multiple rockets, when split equally among the rockets used the yield is 9-B
  • Scout was incapped to the point of being near death from a single rocket landing near him
  • Rockets in-game oneshot Scout when they directly hit him
  • Soldier's rocket jumping explosion was calced at 9-B
  • The mercs are consistently severely harmed and killed by 9-B attacks and get canonically oneshot by 9-A attacks

• The explosion treats the entire blast as a single rocket as opposed to multiple rockets, when split equally among the rockets used the yield is 9-B
  • Scout was incapped to the point of being near death from a single rocket landing near him
  • Rockets in-game oneshot Scout when they directly hit him
  • Soldier's rocket jumping explosion was calced at 9-B
  • The mercs are consistently severely harmed and killed by 9-B attacks and get canonically oneshot by 9-A attacks
1. There was one big explosion, and the scout was right in the center.
2. Scout was already injured once the rockets hit him.
3. Game mechanics.
4. Game mechanics.
5. Game mechanics.

1. There was one big explosion, and the scout was right in the center.
He wasnt though, we dont ever see where he is in relation to the explosion.
2. Scout was already injured once the rockets hit him.
And?
3. Game mechanics.
4. Game mechanics.
5. Game mechanics.
Seeing as half of the previous thread was determining that game mechanics were canon that really makes no difference here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back