• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asgore fights an anagram of his son (Asgore vs Ralsei)

Axorandom0

He/Him
So, Deltarune was downgraded to 9-A, which means we can do Deltarune vs Undertale matches. So, to celebrate, let’s make Asgore fight someone that looks like his dead son!

Asgore, scales above 0.044 Tons of TNT:

Ralsei, scales to 0.075 Tons of TNT: 4 (StrymULTRA, CBslayeR, Blunt_Claw, AThe1412)

They have a cup of tea (Incon):

Notes:
  • Ralsei is 1.7x stronger
  • Chapter 1 Ralsei is used since it seems like a big win if not
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in the Castle Town Dojo (or just any dojo, really)
  • Characters start 10 meters away from each other
  • SBA for anything I didn’t mention, but I’m sure I mentioned everything I needed to

Last edited:
So, Ralsei has advantage in versatility, stats and has dealt with better Danmaku.

Asgore's fire can potentially help, but problem is that Ralsei can withstand electricity for long periods of time, and electric arcs are around 10'000 to 20'000 °C, compared to Asgore's fire that's not even 5'000 °C.

So yeah, voting Ralsei here, he's simply better than Asgore in every category outside of experience.

So, Ralsei has advantage in versatility, stats and has dealt with better Danmaku.

Asgore's fire can potentially help, but problem is that Ralsei can withstand electricity for long periods of time, and electric arcs are around 10'000 to 20'000 °C, compared to Asgore's fire that's not even 5'000 °C.

So yeah, voting Ralsei here, he's simply better than Asgore in every category outside of experience.
Counted

To play devil's advocate for Asgore, his danmaku is likely on par with main game DR bosses but not Jevil or anything.

But his skill and experience are gonna make this ROUGH for Ralsei since he's capable of making a guy with infinite retries opt to just wait on someone else to defeat him. Frisk is also capable of tanking electricity and Asgore can still damage him with his fire, so maybe it could burn Ralsei? But it's probably just an AP thing and not quite a heat thing.

But I think Ralsei still takes it since he not only looks like a monster, but also like his deceased son, so Asgore would likely hesitate like he did against Frisk when he pulled out the pie. Doesn't help that he has healing through magic and items.

To play devil's advocate for Asgore, his danmaku is likely on par with main game DR bosses but not Jevil or anything.

But his skill and experience are gonna make this ROUGH for Ralsei since he's capable of making a guy with infinite retries opt to just wait on someone else to defeat him. Frisk is also capable of tanking electricity and Asgore can still damage him with his fire, so maybe it could burn Ralsei? But it's probably just an AP thing and not quite a heat thing.

But I think Ralsei still takes it since he not only looks like a monster, but also like his deceased son, so Asgore would likely hesitate like he did against Frisk when he pulled out the pie. Doesn't help that he has healing through magic and items.
Counted

Should I change Ralsei to his chapter 1 self to make this match a bit more fair for everyone’s favorite divorced man?

If you take that, then Asgore would pretty much win through heat, but I have no idea if healing counters it.

If you take that, then Asgore would pretty much win through heat, but I have no idea if healing counters it.
But Ralsei would still have the strength advantage and he still has experience dodging attacks similar to Asgore's (ie King's attacks which I think is comparable)

I have genuinely no idea on how this works when we're talking about high heat vs higher durability, as we are still talking of almost 5000 °C here.

I have genuinely no idea on how this works when we're talking about high heat vs higher durability, as we are still talking of almost 5000 °C here.
I think we'd prioritize the durability part of it but honestly idk (also, I changed the thread to be about ch1 Ralsei)

Even if Ralsei is more versatile we have to account for the fact that he doesn't have many options for combat and when it comes to close quarters combat, the only combat form we know he possesses thus far, and Asgore significantly outskills there since we know he is above Undyne who is above the average guard.

Even if Ralsei is more versatile we have to account for the fact that he doesn't have many options for combat and when it comes to close quarters combat, the only combat form we know he possesses thus far, and Asgore significantly outskills there since we know he is above Undyne who is above the average guard.
Frisk had less when he fought Asgore and still beat him, Ralsei has the advantage of also gaining TP from dodging Asgore's attacks and being able to put him sleep while Asgore is busy reliving the 5 stages of grief due to seeing a monster that looks like his dead son

Frisk had less when he fought Asgore and still beat him
you mean the kid who went fully solo through an underground of magical danmaku monsters, proceeded to solo trained royal guards and their leader, solo the fire spamming king and then kill a timeline warping eldritch god minutes after? Yeah man sure, totally comparable. Frisk totally didn't have an entire arsenal of weapons and various types of anti-magic armor either. Absolutely less than Ralsei who uh checks notes has some scars and minor armor items with the scarves being the only attack option and the rest being healing magic...uh-huh.
Ralsei has the advantage of also gaining TP from dodging Asgore's attacks and being able to put him sleep while Asgore is busy reliving the 5 stages of grief due to seeing a monster that looks like his dead son
Putting him to sleep would take quite some time, more than enough for Asgore to get solid hits several times. The ptsd argument could be actually viable so maybe we should use chapter 1 ralsei since it makes this match significantly less fair.

The ptsd argument could be actually viable so maybe we should use chapter 1 ralsei since it makes this match significantly less fair.
It was changed to Ch1 Ralsei a bit ago, but I’m sure Ralsei could potentially find a way to get Asgore tired after a while. Plus, he has healing, so his longevity would be greater than Asgore’s.

It was changed to Ch1 Ralsei a bit ago, but I’m sure Ralsei could potentially find a way to get Asgore tired after a while. Plus, he has healing, so his longevity would be greater than Asgore’s.
He could potentially last longer than Asgore but if Asgore gets up close then Ralsei is doomed since he's just gonna get combo'd by the trident

Asgore once Ralsei's hat gets knocked away (He can't bring himself to hurt a random boy who looks just like his dead son).

Voting for Ralsei, he could easily find a way to spare Asgore and end the fight.

Asgore once Ralsei's hat gets knocked away (He can't bring himself to hurt a random boy who looks just like his dead son).

Voting for Ralsei, he could easily find a way to spare Asgore and end the fight.

this is chapter 2 so the hats already off

Back