• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do Undertale God Tiers have Immeasurable speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still revising the god tiers atm. Right now there are only infinite speed feats from asriel and chara (moving in a timeless void). Floweys feat is hardly immeasurable at all. The only thing that might keep them as immeasurable depends on how the anomaly functions.

But i do have a question, does existing as a part of the space time continuum or being a physical anomoly within it make you higher dimensional or immeasurable?

That would be infinite though.

There have been numerous occasions when Undertale characters have left time itself, actually. Photoshop Flowey with the SAVE and LOAD, Frisk leaving the game to escape Photoshop Flowey in the same fight, stuff like that.

Photoshop Flowey's SAVE and LOAD is hax not sheer speed.

When does Frisk "leave the game"? Why do you think it was done by sheer speed and not hax?

I do not think leaving time is actually an immeasurable feat. It would normally be infinite and even then, not in all cases.

But i do have a question, does existing as a part of the space time continuum or being a physical anomoly within it make you higher dimensional or immeasurable?

Bump

Then that should keep asriel and chara as immeasurable. Flowey will be unknown in speed because he doesnt scale anymore and at best shows dimensional travel. Although that also depends on whether the player is the anomaly or just creating an anomaly.

I think he is just creating it. Sans statement iirc was just "we detected an anomaly in time space" which doesn't really imply the anomaly itself being someone.

Well, the player themselves is cannon within undertale. And they play undertale and mess with timelines as if it is a game, and should canonically view undertale in a similar fashion as the player does. It is hard to imagine them being physically 3 dimesional or a non abstract entity.

Higher dimensional existence does make you immeasurable.

That isn't true. On its own, being higher dimensional doesn't mean anything, otherwise we get Immeasurable every Hive God (it's a rating i plan to push for, but for different reasons) due to them being able to manifest as 4D waveforms. At best, it can be used as support, but a higher dimensional being can still be bound to linear time.

@giver Moving around in an erased timeline is considered infinite.

A 4D being is able to travel through time and move on the axis of time. Higher dimensions have always been a higher axis of movement. How is that not immeasurable? That would only make them immeasurable whilst manifested as 4D waveforms (if they can travel through a 4th dimensional axis) Also an immeasurable being from what i recall can be affected by a form of time manipulation.

Time isn't always the fourth dimension. Spatial dimensions and temporal ones are different and you are perfectly able to have a universe with 4 spatial dimensions still bound by linear time.

Isnt the 4th spatial dimension intertwined with the 4th temporal dimension of time? And im pretty sure being spatially above someone would grant a greater axis of movement as well. Also immeasurable isnt just being unbound by time. It is movement through time (specifically backwards since fowards can technically done through finite speeds).

Regarding my comment about how the player percieves the game. The Player (OFF) Does not get given abstract, higher dimensional existence or immeasurable speeds (aside from possibly omnipresent) and is even only 2-C via reality warping despite doing the exact same thing.

There is no forth spatial dimension irl aside from tiny pockets of higher dimensions that cannot be observed or interacted with in any way.

Read this post said:
Well, the player themselves is cannon within undertale. And they play undertale and mess with timelines as if it is a game, and should canonically view undertale in a similar fashion as the player does. It is hard to imagine them being physically 3 dimesional or a non abstract entity.

Higher dimensional existence does make you immeasurable.
I have actually been meaning to ask about this. It is taken as a fact that the player exists within undertale, but what statements and events are used to support this exactly?

I would guess the Flowey speech before true reset is a big one, but even then, he isn't explicitly stated to be the player, a generic human in his own reality who is just playing a fictional game. No, what he is in the context of Undertale is kinda left vague and just seems to be a powerful entity with control over time who is supposed to represent us, but may necessarily be us.

Assaltwaffle said:
There is no forth spatial dimension irl aside from tiny pockets of higher dimensions that cannot be observed or interacted with in any way.
Not according to the irl theories, but fiction is free to do other stuff ifnitnwants. We don't take the planck length higher dimensions established by string theory and the like as actually tierable.

Assaltwaffle I was referring to spatial dimension as in space itself which even in the tier 2 revisions was mentioned as spatial from what i remember.

Those spatial dimensions are not related to 4th dimensional beings nor would they have anything to do with someone who is a function in the space time continuum.

Andytrenom Well, The Player (OFF) is the same thing and isnt considered as higher dimensional. I think the player is likely non corporeal. I have almost cracked the link between chara and frisk (since it may be similar to the link between asriel and flowey) and that may lead me to seeing what the player exactly is.

@Wokistan

Yeah, ik. I'm just answering Read This Post's question about the forth spatial dimension.

Fiction can do what it wants, but no such forth geometric dimension exists in real life.

Andytrenom said:
I have actually been meaning to ask about this. It is taken as a fact that the player exists within undertale, but what statements and events are used to support this exactly?

I would guess the Flowey speech before true reset is a big one, but even then, he isn't explicitly stated to be the player, a generic human in his own reality who is just playing a fictional game. No, what he is in the context of Undertale is kinda left vague and just seems to be a powerful entity with control over time who is supposed to represent us, but may necessarily be us.
Sans and Flowey mention them and Chara talks to them. It meaning to represent us is irrelevant since it's still The Player.

Actually Sans was referring to Chara when he said there was an anomaly in the time-space continuum. Flowey was talking to Chara in the final speech, and Chara was talking to Frisk. There is no actual evidence of a "player" and was only made to remove abilities from other characters.

Neither was talking to Chara, and Chara wasn't talking to Frisk. The timeline was destroyed and they were talking in the void. Frisk did not survive that destruction and the way they talk to you references the player. This is pure headcanon to even argue it's Chara considering the only true way they can be reawakened is the genocide run.

The Flowey one isnt exactly headcanon since he outright refers to you as Chara. Tho I think it's pretty blatant that the dialogue was aimed at the player.

Im pretty sure the player being non cannon would go against every message in undertale. Plus it would go against chara being a neutral character (which is word of god from what i remember) and being influenced by the player. Frisk has nothing to do with the genocide run and is being controlled the entire time. Why would the player be made to deliberately downplay the verse? That doesnt make sense.

Flowey commonly views frisk and the player as being chara. Even when he turns back into asriel he says to frisk "youre not chara are you" meaning that he clearly viewed the person in front of him as being chara.

Chara put human soul in speech marks. She was not being literal when she said human soul and was just refering to the players soul in general. Not to mention the fact that frisk did not guide chara at all during the genocide route. And how do you explain chara speaking to you in the timeless void when frisk was nowhere to be seen and completely erased?

It's kinda weird, it is never explicitly stated that the player exists but things like Sans "because you can, you have to" speech are blatantly aimed at the player

Flowey's speech is also clearly a plead to the player since it us who have the option of a true reset after the conversation.

The whole thing would have probably been a lot more clearer if the player character was simply Chara, but we know that's not true either.

Doesn't Chara talk to the player once you delete the world at the end of genocide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back