• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do Undertale God Tiers have Immeasurable speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy already made the downgrades to unknown. So i thought it may be best to sort the timeless void issue out when i revise the verse (mainly god tiers) as a whole and remove immeasurable explanations. Then ill have all the info i need.

Is that okay with you?

If you are talking about asriel then, he was downgraded for the exact reason that he is unfathomable and it was agreed apon (from what i see at least). On top of that, going by own rules for tier 2 characters, he needs an at least 2-C at the beginning regardless.

We'd still need input from knowledgeable members and staff before revising the tiers. However, the change seems fine.

But asriel needs that change to follow rule 6 under our tiering system (note that bobobo doesnt get outright 2-B for being infinties above 2-C). And i still need to update the explanations if they are staying unknown for the time being.

If you need knowledgeable member for the unfathomable as oppose to infinite thing, i could contact azz or someone else.

I already said the change makes sense to me in that regard.

We should primarily focus on fixing the remaining outdated speed justifications in this thread. I don't want to make sudden poorly informed/ill-considered statistics-changing judgement calls.

Okay then. Are you fine with me leaving them as unknown and removing the immeasurable reasoning for now? Or do you want to focus on infinite speed here? (I can hopefully respond on saturday but im not sure)

@Ant I mean, he's not wrong about the rule saying being infinitely above 2-C doesn't grant a higher tier, only "At least <that tier>". And that's literally the justification on Asriel's page.

Though you're right. Perhaps a new thread for that purpose should be created, since this thread is solely concerning speed. We should focus on speed alone.

@RTP

Didn't we agree to change both the immeasurable and infinite speed to unknown?

@AKM

Thank you for the clarification. I am very tired. Anyway, being infinitely above 2-C probably grants a higher tier. It is multiples of Low 2-C that are hard to quantify.

Read this post said:
Oh... So can I make the changes or get da knowledgeable members?
You'd need to make another thread. Just focus on removing the outdated speed justifications now, the bad tiering can be resolved later.

Is somebody experienced willing to handle adjusting the speed justifications, and possibly remaining infinite or immeasurable speed statistics?

Okay. I will unlock them for you then. Tell me here when you are done.

Alright. Ive done them.

In the meantime I would like someone to bring up this thread and this thread

One is speed revisions for the low tiers which requires some calcs and another is what should be done with annoying dogs abilities and stats (I explain in my last two full comments)

Since this is done, you can close this.

Are the rest of you fine with the edits? In that case I also think that we can close this.

@Ant just to clarify what I said earlier.

It was discussed in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1682972

You made the addition in the tiering system yourself.

"Note 6: Due to the fact that the distance between any given number of universes is currently unknowable, it's impossible to quantify the numerical gap between each one of the subtiers in Tier 2. As such, it's not allowed to upgrade a character based solely on multipliers. For example, someone twice as strong as a Low 2-C character would still be Low 2-C, and someone infinitely more powerful than a 2-C would not be 2-A."

Also in the thread we decided to:

"it's not correct to consider rate people who are infinitely above a 2-C or 2-B as 2-A. Rather, they should be merely granted an "at least", in accordance to how we tend to approach the destruction of several universes: actual feats and statements."

This is the reason why Bobobo-bo_Bo-bobo_(Character) is rated as "At least 2-C" despite becoming infinitely more powerful than 2-C.

Now Flowey is rated as "At least 2-C, likely 2-B" and Asriel is infinitely more powerful than him. But I guess this should be discussed in another thread, since this thread has already completed its purpose.

Thank you for the reminder. I currently do not think that that is a good policy for 2-B and 2-B, just Low 2-C.

I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back