• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need more people for these Sonic upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this crap with a certain someone is getting on my nerves, I'm gonna put it to a vote instead. A tally. No worries, none of the information will be hidden from you. Whatever you need to read or ask for I'll make sure that you get it. But through all of this crap, Sonic needs an upgrade, Country Level or Continent Level, I could really care less. But it's one of those levels after beating several high tier characters. I will be placing the number of yay sayers, and I will not have a vote neither shall Uncle or Darkness since we are deadlocked. But you must explain your reasons why he is liable to be improved or why he isn't.

Please say YAY or NAY in bold.

Has Sonic as a Continent Buster been accepted

New Sonic (Game Canon) feats

Downgrade Hyper Sonic

Should Super Sonic get a "Possibly MFTL" ranking.

Should Base Sonic get an Upgrade

Sonic Rivals and Rivals 2 Feats with some Sonic Unleashed put to the side.

Real lasers... (Sonic Feat, I know I know, *sigh*)

Sonic's true destructive capacity.

A feat of strength, speed or both? Just asking in intrigue. (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Sonic Battle (Gerald's Journal) Entries

New Sonic (Game Canon) feats.

New Sonic Feats?

Tally

Naysayers: 0

Yaysayers: 1

Even I can't be expected to look through all of that...

I'm just giving you all the information I collected. But to those who do post, you will have to state why you feel he should or shouldn't get the upgrades. Doesn't have to be through my information, but it has to be credible. It can't be because you're a wanker or a hater though.

Oh yes. YES IT IS! I've placed in my fair share of work, Darkness. I will place names on the links so people know which threads are which easier.

No, some of those are argument threads with good information, but many of them are just based upon the info I collected for the Sonic Gameverse.

Davy0 said:
Oh yes. YES IT IS! I've placed in my fair share of work, Darkness. I will place names on the links so people know which threads are which easier.
i know and yes that would be helpful

I have all the information right there. I don't need help, I need voting. All the information you need are in those threads.

Okay. Well, what seems to need to most clearing up. If you need me to play I game, I have most of the mainstream Sonic games from 1992-2006. I also have played Colors and Generations. I have the collections too. Sonic MEGA Collection and Sonic Gems Collection, which has his 90's games. S3&K Sonic CD too.

I mean... OK. I played all those games and did research on them to bolster Sonic's abilities from his current standing. I've already looked through them and found nothing. So there's nothing you need to find. All the information is there. All I need for you guys to do is say Nay or Yay towards him and everyone else in the Sonicverse getting the upgrades.

This won't be a little. This will make them a million times stronger than they were. (Don't quote me).

soo..

if Sonic battle is considered canon should Shadow be faster than Sonic? AFAIK that's the only Sonic game that has clear cut stats for each character and Shadow has higher speed than Sonic there (with even some justification explaining why)

SoyHop said:
So can I vote like this?
1st thread: YAY/NAY

2nd thread:' 'YAY/NAY

And so on?
One yay or nay to this thread using that information.

Hiei, lots of games say that Sonic is faster, and then turn around and say that Sonic is the fastest character alive. So it doesn't matter, but generally Sonic is faster than Shadow in most games while Shadow uses hax. I know you're using the booklet to insinuate it with the card descriptions as well.

A vote? Why, yes. Since you can't counter any of the points brought up by me or Darkness, you decide to try and circumvent us by handing the issue over to the people who would know the least about what we're talking about, and then use their (completely uninformed) opinions to justify an upgrade.

Very clever, Davy.

Well, Uncle, seeing as you're right in many cases, I think this is a civil and fair way of showing how a collection of minds using common sense and thinking things over with what you and others have provided might be the best thing to do.

However, I understand this is a very unconventional and wrong way of going about things.

But I think you underestimate the knowedledge some "people who would know the least about what we're talking about". I frankly don't feel insulted by that, however, I do think that statement is hard to justify, considering I can attribute 90% of the games I've played in my childhood to Sonic, and not just what I and others have listed on thier profile pages, or anything else.

I'm in favor of people presenting their views on this matter, especially from those familiar with the series (I'd like to be confident that our debaters know what they're talking about).

I'm not in favor of Davy simply tallying up "yays" or "nays" from everyone on the wiki and using that as the final decision. Far from everyone here is familiar with Sonic, and even some of those that are may have only played the "classics", which this isn't about. Gathering a host of uninformed opinions and using those to make a grand decision is a fast track to disaster.

That's why for the past few hours I have been nonstop gaming and looking up what's canon and not for the series. I'm a tad burnt out, but messing around with not Galaxy+ Hyper Sonic is pretty fun, except when he induces seizures, player beware.

I remember agreeing with some of the threads listed here after looking them over. Is there an actual feat of of Emerl destroying the planet though or is the text the only thing we have? I suppose it doesn't matter, but I was curious about it.

I haven't played Sonic Battle, but according to Darkness, he was powered by the Chaos Emeralds, which would put him at Planet level by scaling.

yes Ultimate Emerl was powered by Chaos Emeralds

and Sonic managed to beat him in less than 30 seconds

I see. Cool then.

I also see that you're back Darkness552. I hadn't even noticed till now because of my busy work schedule keeping me from the wiki. It's good to see you around again.

So are we keeping this open and allowing, it, or should we get an admin to check it out?

I vote admin, feels safe and it seems like the right and smart thing to do.

Well, Darkness552 and Unclechairman are the staff members who know anything about the property, so they have generally handled it. The rest of the staff cannot be expected to check through that many posts at once.

Hi Uncle, I see you're continuing what you seem to love to do again... all the time, every single thread about Sonic. Have nothing relevant to the conversation but dismissing every single piece of relevant information to your liking, even though more evidence points to Sonic being superior. But I made this thread specifically to quell that because it's an infinite loop and you'll never get it. But it's fine, that's why we're doing this. If it's not accepted and no new information about Sonic shows up in one of his upcoming games, I can no longer say anything about it. However, if it's yay towards Sonic getting the upgrades, you can no longer say anything about it. All the information is there anyway, I had nothing to hide, good or bad.

I'm not coaxing anyone to say yay or nay, it's all there. So if we have to specify some type of time frame or something, I don't mind that either. But I'm tired of arguing with someone who tries to use every excuse in the book. If we go by your crap, Sonic shouldn't even be City Level, and that's even greater towards the realm of insanity.

Unclechairman said:
I haven't played Sonic Battle, but according to Darkness, he was powered by the Chaos Emeralds, which would put him at Planet level by scaling.
Yes, Ultimate Emerl was powered by all 7 Chaos Emeralds, but it was also far more power than his body could contain and was causing him to malfunction. He'd easily be planet level in raw power, but his defense would be far, far lower (inverse to how I've always seen Sonic as having better durability than AP).

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Unclechairman said:
Yes, Ultimate Emerl was powered by all 7 Chaos Emeralds, but it was also far more power than his body could contain and was causing him to malfunction. He'd easily be planet level in raw power, but his defense would be far, far lower (inverse to how I've always seen Sonic as having better durability than AP).
And I placed that crap in the profile as well, and made it that he was scaled to them. Sonic still has to tank the hits, and dodge attacks from Emerl to be capable of fighting him though. SOOOO it's BS to think he's that much weaker than he is, especially when Emerl was also supposed to be superior in speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back