• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We need more people for these Sonic upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then tell him to stay outta the way with the crap. Authority? So now we're taking politics into you being wrong, Uncle. That's cool. Shall I call you Donald then? No evidence yet has all the crap in the world, and has no issue using the authority over his wealth and status to be incorrect? Sounds a lot like it. If I cared about authority, over being right, then I'd have been shot down through a lot of crap. But strong-arm principle is the only way to get crap done here for naysayers with no rhytme or reason to state what they feel is an inconsistency. We already had these frickin' fights, that's why I made this thread. And if you got something to say, don't say crap to me otherwise I won't have any problem countering right back at you.

I'm not saying that. You don't seem to realize that I'm not speaking about the games themselves, but how they fit in our system of scaling characters. I've repeatedly explained over and over why we can't scale Perfect Chaos to Super Sonic unless we stop scaling him to base Sonic.

And you act like I never proved anything you said wrong. I've brought up point after point against you and you just plug your ears and don't listen. You stubbornly refuse to properly acknowledge anything I say. Your mentality is that of a spoiled brat who isn't getting his way.

The Everlasting said:
@Davy0
Look, even if we make Perfect Chaos Planet Level we can't do the same to Sonic, as that would imply he's stronger than his Super Form.
His Super Form should be higher than that, far higher, as Perfect Dark Gaia is the maturation of a Dark Gaia that was severely weakened yet capable of pushing apart extremely large land masses without much effort with his tendrils and hands, it was incomplete.

Unclechairman said:
I'm not saying that. You don't seem to realize that I'm not speaking about the games themselves, but how they fit in our system of scaling characters. I've repeatedly explained over and over why we can't scale Perfect Chaos to Super Sonic unless we stop scaling him to base Sonic.
And you act like I never proved anything you said wrong. I've brought up point after point against you and you just plug your ears and don't listen. You stubbornly refuse to properly acknowledge anything I say. Your mentality is that of a spoiled brat who isn't getting his way.
Sonic beat him outright. Sonic has beaten him in base, there was no reason we shouldn't have thought he had those gains because before that, Sonic beat PERFECT DARK GAIA who was calced at At least Large Planet Level (due to Dark Gaia being calced at Large Planet Level. And was capable of HARMING him. Take that crap outta here, this is the same crap we've been talking about over and over again.

You haven't. NOT A DAMN THING! When. I'd love to see it, YOU'VE PULLED STRAWS! OVER AND OVER! I HAVE THE CHARACTERS TO BACK UP THE CRAP I'VE BEEN SAYING! WHERE THE HELL IS YOUR EVIDENCE OTHER THAN A STORY BOOK BOSS VERSE?!

Davy0 said:
Sonic beat PERFECT DARK GAIA who was calced at At least Large Planet Level (due to Dark Gaia being calced at Large Planet Level. And was capable of HARMING him.
Been there, done that. See the last thread we discussed this in.

Or are you talking about Super Sonic? I already said I'm fine with Large Planet level Super forms.

And there, you didn't do anything but closed it because you had nothing. So as you just said, been there, done that. You're wrong. Again.

Unclechairman said:
Davy0 said:
Sonic beat PERFECT DARK GAIA who was calced at At least Large Planet Level (due to Dark Gaia being calced at Large Planet Level. And was capable of HARMING him.
Been there, done that. See the last thread we discussed this in.
Or are you talking about Super Sonic? I already said I'm fine with Large Planet level Super forms.
If I have to repeat myself again... I'll take the banning, you know damn well what the hell I'm talking about.

Darkness552 said:
im more of in a observing state because i am unsure about the attack potency
however i did suppose adding "possibly Continent or Planet level" or we could see about putting him at country level as a low end
Uncle what do you think about these

also Emerl had some feat destroying space colony which we are trying to get a value for

Actually, I don't. You mentioned Perfect Dark Gaia, but since one of your main talking points is Sonic managing to harm Imperfect Dark Gaia, I'm confused. I've stated why base Sonic can't be scaled to Imperfect Dark Gaia, but as I said, I'm perfectly fine with scaling Super Sonic and the rest of the Super forms to Perfect Dark Gaia. In fact, the only reason they're not Large Planet level already is because of our flawed Attack Potency chart whose revision the staff keeps putting off.

Unclechairman said:
Actually, I don't. You mentioned Perfect Dark Gaia, but since one of your main talking points is Sonic managing to harm Imperfect Dark Gaia, I'm confused. I've stated why base Sonic can't be scaled to Imperfect Dark Gaia, but as I said, I'm perfectly fine with scaling Super Sonic and the rest of the Super forms to Perfect Dark Gaia. In fact, the only reason they're not Large Planet level already is because of our flawed Attack Potency chart whose revision the staff keeps putting off.
For the record, it'll be updated during Christmas break in a few weeks.

Unclechairman said:
Huh... so we have two consistent characters being hurt or defeated by Sonic, in very recent timelines (Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations). Yet, they remain inconsistent... I fail to see your logic...

Darkness552 said:
Darkness552 said:
im more of in a observing state because i am unsure about the attack potency
however i did suppose adding "possibly Continent or Planet level" or we could see about putting him at country level as a low end
Uncle what do you think about these
also Emerl had some feat destroying space colony which we are trying to get a value for
If the "possibly Continent or Planet level" statistic has anything to do with Imperfect Dark Gaia, I've already stated why I'm opposed to it.

As for Emerl, he was supposedly being powered by a single Chaos Emerald, which seriously harms the prospects of scaling the feat to other characters.

Are you kidding me? Emerl was still fighting with the Emeralds energy, and at the very least was using the characters abilities while doing so, which means said aspect of the Chaos Emerald only enhances his abilities, and the characters showed no really big issues of fighting against him. You're also forgetting that Knuckles, by himself, defeated Neo Metal Sonic after he'd used the Master Emerald, a superior power source, capable of completely nullifying the Chaos Emeralds to fight against him in short bursts. This was by Knuckles, I don't want you to get confused by that. I guess the Master Emerald also gained some type of power upgrade later on too... Oh wait, it did the same thing in Sonic Adventure 2... hm... strange....

"I fail to see your logic..."

Sonic Battle: Ultimate Emerl - See my comments on Perfect Chaos. Same issue applies

Sonic Unleashed: Dark Gaia - See my comments in this thread and the previous one "Has Sonic as a Continent Buster been accepted yet?"

Sonic Colors: Don't know what you're talking about.

Sonic Generations: Perfect Chaos - I've explained numerous times that Perfect Chaos cannot be scaled to Super Sonic unless we stop scaling base Sonic to him.

Ultimate Emerl - Ah, you mean spoken word from the man who studied the Chaos Emeralds, developed a weapon with the Chaos Emeralds in mind (Eclipse Cannon) and developed said weapons to destroy planets and pierce stars still doesn't know what he's talking about.

Dark Gaia - Nah. This is BS no matter how you see it, Dark Gaia was weaker, Sonic smashed him in his eye, characters have gotten power upgrades for hitting weak spots before in gaming. This shouldn't be an issue especially because right before it, Sonic defeated Ultimate Emerl.

Sonic Colors - What I'm saying is the basic timeline everyone should know is that with Sonic Colors before came Sonic Unleashed before that, then Sonic Generations after Sonic Colors.

Sonic Generations - You still haven't shown evidence. And as I've always told you "At Least" is still a thing. Sonic in his Super Form is now officially superior to his Base Form.

"Ultimate Emerl - Ah, you mean spoken word from the man who studied the Chaos Emeralds, developed a weapon with the Chaos Emeralds in mind (Eclipse Cannon) and developed said weapons to destroy planets and pierce stars still doesn't know what he's talking about."

This isn't about Gerald Robotnik or his writings. This is about just how ludicrous it is that Sonic in his base form is able to defeat characters who have harnessed the powers of all seven Chaos Emeralds without a really good explanation. In fact, him defeating Perfect Chaos in Generations is also shaping up to be a massive inconsistency.

"Dark Gaia - Nah. This is BS no matter how you see it, Dark Gaia was weaker, Sonic smashed him in his eye, characters have gotten power upgrades for hitting weak spots before in gaming. This shouldn't be an issue especially because right before it, Sonic defeated Ultimate Emerl."

It's not just that Sonic only harmed Dark Gaia by hitting weak points; the Gaia Colossus was holding down Dark Gaia the entire time he was doing this, and to top it off, this didn't even seem to really harm Dark Gaia, as it almost immediately recovered afterward and became Perfect Dark Gaia.

"Sonic Colors - What I'm saying is the basic timeline everyone should know is that with Sonic Colors before came Sonic Unleashed before that, then Sonic Generations after Sonic Colors."

Don't know how this is relevant to our discussion, but okay then.

"Sonic Generations - You still haven't shown evidence. And as I've always told you "At Least" is still a thing. Sonic in his Super Form is now officially superior to his Base Form."

There is no "at least" here. Either Perfect Chaos is scaled to Super Sonic's stats or he isn't, and scaling Perfect Chaos to Super Sonic without removing base Sonic's scaling to him results in base Sonic being scaled to Super Sonic. And if Super Sonic becomes Large Planet level, what we will end up with by this train of logic is a Large Planet level base Sonic.

That's like saying that you can't use a credible source for information when making a paper. HE WAS LITERALLY CONSIDERED A GENIUS BECAUSE OF HIS STUDIES OVER THE CHAOS EMERALDS! HE CREATED WEAPONS USING THEIR PROPERTIES, HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN STATE THAT IT'S NOT ABOUT HIS WRITINGS WHEN HE'S THE MAIN PERSON IN THAT UNIVERSE WHO EVEN EGGMAN GOT HIS OWN INFORMATION FROM!

Actually no, you got that wrong. Dark Gaia was holding Light Gaia down and was about to fire a beam straight at him if Sonic hadn't ran to try and stop him. And once again, you're showing why you shouldn't be listened to. You don't know a damn thing about the minute details of the verse, yet you talk the most crap. I call that a Donald.

It's relevant because it shows that his power was consistent with that following. He was either GETTING stronger, or was already ALWAYS that strong yet it just showed itself in those instances.

No. Because by your logic, Sonic shouldn't even be City Level, so please stop. Sonic harmed Dark Gaia, weaker characters have hit stronger characters yet got lesser levels in destructive capacity. Sonic was capable of stunning Dark Gaia by hitting his eyes which allowed Light Gaia to get away, nothing wrong with that scaling. Everything wrong here is you.

Dark Gaia was holding Light Gaia down, and Light Gaia was holding Dark Gaia down. They were in a deadlock during which neither could defend themselves, which is why Chip/Light Gaia thought it was the perfect time for Sonic to attack. So my point still stands.

"Sonic, hit Dark Gaia's weak spot quick while I hold him back."

No... he was trying to push him away actually, because he was about to get blasted by a beam of energy. And once again... You prove you don't know what the hell you're talking about, for three frickin' threads...

People really do wonder why I get pissed when people less knowledgable than me try and draw straws to make me seem like a moron. Even though a thorough explanation just don't cut it with thick-skulled individuals.

Sorry Donald, find another reason.

Chip directly stated that he was holding Dark Gaia back so Sonic could attack him. That's not Dark Gaia holding him down.

Unclechairman wrote:
Dark Gaia was holding Light Gaia down, and Light Gaia was holding Dark Gaia down. They were in a deadlock during which neither could defend themselves, which is why Chip/Light Gaia thought it was the perfect time for Sonic to attack. So my point still stands.

"Sonic, hit Dark Gaia's weak spot quick while I hold him back."

https://youtu.be/1Mai7hyRdQs?t=291

Yeah, he's so holding him, Dark Gaia's claws aren't draped around him. There's no struggle in how he tries to shove him off. Nope, He wants to give Dark Gaia the biggest wettest light kiss he can.

Since you need your eyes checked... notice the tension in his arms as he constantly tries to pull away and Dark Gaia holds him down. The reason why he stated that was because Sonic had the most freedom to move. He's Large Planet Level vs Sonic having possibly Planet Level DP, there's nothing wrong here. I showed my points.

Keep Trying Donald.

"People really do wonder why I get pissed when people less knowledgable than me try and draw straws to make me seem like a moron. Even though a thorough explanation just don't cut it with thick-skulled individuals."

Look in the mirror.

I have evidence though, I'm more of a Theodore Roosevelt than a Donald Trump. I have evidence, I cited good reasons. You didn't cite a damn thing other than what you think are inconsistencies. Good for you, Donald. I know what I'm talking about, and you don't, as you've shown for... well, every single one of these threads.

If Light Gaia was really having so much trouble, why was he putting up a big fight with Dark Gaia less than 2 minutes later into that video?

No I didn't. I just EXPLAINED TO YOU WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND EVEN SAID WHERE TO LOOK! THE DARK GAIA ISSUE ISN'T AN ISSUE! SONIC CAN HARM THE WEAK POINT OF DARK GAIA! HE STUNNED DARK GAIA AND HELPED LIGHT GAIA!

Talon... Light Gaia is LPL, Sonic didn't "harm" him in the sense that he was causing him damage, he was stunning him so Chip could get away as, if you know the ending to that sequence, if Sonic fails to get thereon time, you'll see LIGHT GAIA BEING HIT BY A BEAM OF PURPLE ENERGY AT POINT BLANK RANGE!

But does that necessarily mean that Dark Gaia was the one holding the other down, and not just stalemate? It could still have been a stalemate and Dark just resorted to using said beam to get Light off of him. Even then, Light still shrugs it off to repeat the cycle over and over again.

I'm pretty sure you can be a vastly lower tier than another and still harm a critical point on their body, you can get an eyelash in your eye and it still hurt you, does that mean eyelashes are "At Least Peak Human" DC?

It wasn't a frickin' stale mate. His fingers did not clutch around Dark Gaia's body. He was TRYING TO GET AWAY! There was tension in his arms and his upperbody trying to pull away, but Dark Gaia was succeeding in holding him down, thus he asked Sonic to help him. Sonic had a front row seat to the fight, he saw that Light Gaia was in trouble, which is why he was responsible for getting Dark Gaia to release him, because if he didn't, HE'D HAVE BEEN DEAD TOO! Word of advice, Talon. Stop listening to someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Talonmask said:
I'm pretty sure you can be a vastly lower tier than another and still harm a critical point on their body, you can get an eyelash in your eye and it still hurt you, does that mean eyelashes are "At Least Peak Human" DC?
This is a character who can stay submerged in lava for millenia without any damage coming to their bodies. You would have to prove that said place was so much weaker than any other place on his body. Characters in gaming have gotten upgrades despite just hitting the weak points of other characters all the time.

The point I'm trying to make is that Sonic hit Dark Gaia in it's weak points (unquantifiably lower durability) while Dark Gaia was in no position to defend itself against those attacks (maximum vulnerablity). On top of this, this did not appear to seriously harm Dark Gaia, who easily shrugged off the attacks afterwards and transformed into Perfect Dark Gaia. Given the number of outside factors in this feat, this cannot be used as a reliable judge of base Sonic's power. It's that simple, Davy. Why can't you understand this?

That's actually a staple of Sonic's platforming games. He almost always hits a weak spot, rather than overpowering something.

But let's not say this CAN'T be why he doesn't have that attack power. There are other feats without weak spots within and outside of the platformer titles.

"This is a character who can stay submerged in lava for millenia without any damage coming to their bodies."

Already addressed this. Even resisting the heat inside the core of the sun is Multi-City Block level at best. Thus, Dark Gaia being able to resist the heat of magma doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't matter. Sonic has fought against Planet Busting characters before. In base, first you said he couldn't get the upgrade unless we upgrade Sonic's Super Form (even though that's not even remotely necessary) = He is now At least LPL. Second you stated that the Chaos Emeralds are inconsistent even though they are the same power sources used every time. Next you stated that Sonic can't be Planet Level because Emerl who was stated by a scientist who has studied Chaos Energy (even built an altar VERY SIMILAR to the altar seen in Sonic Adventure) was also inconsistent. Then you go and look for one very stupid inconsistency when I have 4 characters who were stated in game or showed feats that stated they were Planet Busters. Then you go for Sonic and the Black Knight and state that she's Country Level, even though it says "The Kingdom and this World" which was being destroyed aka "World Destruction" scene if it wasn't obvious enough, was an inconsistency of Sonic as well. I tried reasoning with you stating that "OK, let's make them Continent Level", and you still do this. And you're telling me your points are good, and you call me a stubborn piece of crap? (Laughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back