• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis VI - Robotic Priests Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Azzy

There's some hints that the Greater Good may possibly be becoming a Warp Entity in the Tau Codex 8th Edition.

I thought it would be an easy battle but my flagship has been one-shotted lol.

TAU Empire vs The Planet Killer and other forces of Chaos! Rank 20 - Battlefleet Gothic Armada
TAU Empire vs The Planet Killer and other forces of Chaos! Rank 20 - Battlefleet Gothic Armada

I genuinely didn't even realize that their Bio-Ships currently had "Unknown" speed. It's been known they can achieve FTL for years, especially since they cover intergalactic distances.

I have no problems with it being updated.

RinkakuKagune said:
Question: Do the Warhammer fans on this wiki have the same or of hatred for Matt Ward as I see on Reddit?
A not-too-small chunk of his lore is sub-par, and his armies were often extremely overpowered unless playing against another Ward army, but it's not like he's all bad.

The Newcrons had a bit of a rocky start, but the changes to their personality ended up being mostly for the better, and many of their stories and characters are far more interesting. The Sharding of the C'tan is still controversial, but I can at least understand why it was done.

I don't hate Matt Ward like others do. I think his fluff is generally mediocre, but it doesn't bother me that much.

I absolutely get why people dislike him turning the Space Marine "Hero" characters into one-man-army demigods, but I personally don't mind that. I know it does not make sense from an in-universe science sort of way for an Astartes veteran to be hundreds of times stronger than a baseline one, but from a purely fantastical / story perspective I am fine.

I actually like Newcrons, and enjoy their storyline, tragedy and personality, more so than the unknowable faceless metallic legions they were before.

But I absolutely dislike his blatant, declared bias for the Ultramarines, and the 5th Edition Grey Knight Codex is one of the worst things GW has ever done.

Yeah his Ultramarine fanboyism shit is really annoying. Also another question. Do we/should we start using the Tabletop to determine the strength of the Primarch? Because I know on here we all consider them roughly equal but this actually isn't true in the Gameplay tho.

They aren't, I agree. We need to improve the Primarchs' AP, I think. Some Primarchs have canonically beaten others in combat, and others are considered the weakest (Lorgar).

We definately can't scale them off the tabletop. Rules changes and power creep can determine what primarchs would win on the tabletop which may not be supported by the lore. Lorgar's a pretty good example of this as standard Lorgar gets stomped on but transfigured Lorgar, when you increase his psyker level, can beat many of the primarchs on the tabletop through buffing himself. Also wargear plays a big part in why Primarchs beat eachother on the tabletop. Leman Russ and Horus dominate most other primarchs through their wargear, not just the superiority of their stats and special rules

Edit: It would also be extremely inpracticle to work out what Primarchs could beat other primarchs on the tabletop so it would very difficult to place some of the primarchs regardless.

In the fluff he certainly is a match for all the most powerful primarchs in combat but the wargear point stands. The reason why Horus stomps on almost all the primarchs so hard is that his wargear has a neative hit modifier and reduces the strength of the enemy he's fighting. The same for the Russ except he has an even stronger negative hit modifier and deals additional damage with each wound.

Case in point although the table top is meant to represent the strength of each of the primarchs and does a seemingly good job, it can't be used to scale them at all.

Plus it'd be a massive hassle to figure out which primarchs beat the others in fights.

Im also curious what makes Sanguinius the canonically strongest primarch? Is it just fighting Chaos Horus? And is he also stronger than Daemon Primarchs?

The fact that's he's the one who's been given all the ridiculous feats like fighting Madail, the fact that he's the one who's always considered the greatest of the Primarchs in virtually everything, and recently Leman Russ in a showing of his arrogance was talking about how he could beat every single Primarch... Except Sanguinius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back