• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he did seal Drach'nyen in the form of a sword, and if memory serves me he supposedly sealed/banished Doombreed as opposed to fighting him (though that might have been/be changed).

@Azzy

Is The Masque of Slaanesh 5-A or 4-B? Cause Jain Zar pierced her with her Blade of Destruction.

(I'm making her profile right now)

I assume that the Masque should be Greater Daemon level at least. Since it is the most important Slaaneshi Daemon character.

A couple more things and i'll leave out here for another time later.

One: Besides what i asked earlier about what generic Psykers and Lords of Change can do, is there any other ability i should be aware of that Kairos possess? All i got from what i searched up about him and through here with other magic users is Magic (duh), Superhuman Stats (should be a given of sorts), Precognition (Due to entering the Well of Eternity, Kairos is given knowledge and foresight to see many possible futures blah blah blah...), Fate Manipulation, Empathetic Manipulation, Time Manipulation(?), Fire Manipulation/Transmutation (Capable of turning anyone into monstrustric beings, can turn anyone into a fiery explosion) (??), and that's about it on top of maybe flight.

Two: What should i do for Kairo's key for being in the Warp? Unknown or same like Skarbrand and stuff and put it as 1-B, possibly higher?

Bile's mind still functioned, whatever the state of his body. Possibilities were conceived, analysed and discarded in microseconds.
Source: Fabius Bile: Primogenitor

@Everyone, Any notable Ghazhkull Tharka or the Beast(s) feats? Greenskins be without love, aware of the Vulkan fighting feat on the Beast.

"None, my lord. There are stirrings, tempests through which even I cannot gaze. Even so, I saw a sleeper entombed in rock, and a white storm that rode upon a chariot of lightning. A shadow rises to the call of the Allfathers's messengers, a darkness that strikes from within. The benighted ones turn their supernatural gaze upon our worlds - the Eater of Worlds, the Corpse-King and the Misbegotten Child move once more. The Cyclopean Fiend we have already seen, Even the Golden One has broken his gaze from the Empyrean again. I felt its glare like a fire in my soul." - Njal Stormcaller
Source: Ashes of Prospero

The Imperial forces destroy THE PLANET KILLER! - Battlefleet Gothic Armada
The Imperial forces destroy THE PLANET KILLER! - Battlefleet Gothic Armada

3:40 - my battleship and 2 chaos cruisers have been one-shotted by the Planetkiller.

8:00 - another chaos cruiser has been accidentally one-shotted by the Planetkiller.

Composite Necrons are pretty nuts. They have tech with Tier 2 destructive capacity before even scaling them to any of the likely higher feats that apply to them.

Boy if they are, not to mention your average fodder Necron can calculate billions of possible outcomes in a nanosecond or the War In Heaven reaching universal scale.

Gotta love The Silent King tho wish we had seen more of him.

I think, if anything, he'd probably try to Guilliman...Guilliman. As in, put together his own super secret club while stil working under his Primarch.

Calgar respects and admires Guilliman. He is just disappointed with him not living up to over 9,000 years of pure hype.

Exactly. A Guilliman-esque action is more in line with "Look, dad! I made your project even better!" as opposed to a Horus-esque "*** u dad ur gay i'm gona kill every1".

Also the Breath of the Gods, which is a C'tan stellar engineering device. Some of its feats include:

- Creating a zone of gravity anomalies light-years wide that destroys anything that tries to enter it. This includes gravity fields that could crush a planet into a molecule-sized grain.

- Rewinding time so that stars at the end of their life cycle can be renewed or accelerating it so that they die out or go supernova.

- Harnessing a miniature big bang as a power source, described to pale the gravity storm in terms of energies being thrown around.

- Arranging stars to form geometric shapes.

The Halo Scar. No one knew how it had come into existence, a graveyard of stars aged beyond their time and a region of gravitational hellstorms that bent the local spacetime by orders of magnitude. Navigators who strayed too close to the Scar with their third eye exposed were killed instantly, their hearts stopped dead mid-beat. Astropaths caught in a nuncio trance went mad, screaming and clawing at their skulls as if to expunge horrors they could never put into words.

Even those who looked with mortal eyes began to see things in its tortured depths. Gravitational crush pressures that would compress entire planets to a molecule-sized grain in a heartbeat twisted and distorted the passage of light and time with a reckless and random disregard for causality.

To approach the wound that lapped at the edge of the Imperium a ship had to blind itself to the realities beyond those perceived by mortal senses, and even then it was dangerous to approach too closely. The Speranza had halted three AU from the edge of the Halo Scar, and Saiixek was already having to increase engine output to maintain their position as questing tendrils of gravity sought to pull them into the Scar's embrace.

A maddened froth of relativistically colliding light and time painted a bleak picture across the far wall of the Speranza's command deck. From one side to the other, an entoptic representation of the Halo Scar's immense and impossibly tempestuous depths seemed to mock the gathered magi, as if daring them to explain it or venture a hypothesis as to how it might be navigated. Streams of hyper-dense gaseous matter flailed at the edges, hard enough to cut through a capital ship like a hot wire through thin plastek. Billowing clouds of flexing light reached out like the tendrils of some deep sea cephalopod hunting for prey.

Colours boiled and spontaneously altered their electromagnetic wavelengths with each passing second, and swirling eddies of distorting gravity threw up images of dying stars, cascading streams of debris from the birth of those self-same stars. Light from the same star registered over and over again as it was bent tortuously by the unimaginable gravitational forces, juddering through spacetime in multiple waves. Digital hallucinations of celestial madness flickered in and out of focus as the protesting imaging machines struggled to represent the impossible region of space before them.

Only afterwards would any coherent picture of events surrounding the destruction of Katen Venia emerge, and even that proved to be fragmentary, contradictory and almost unbelievable.

Moments before the rapidly expanding energy shockwave exploded outwards from the doomed world, every square metre of ray shielding and every functional void pylon ignited across the Speranza. Every ship of the Kotov fleet found its shields flare into life and its external augurs shut down at the same moment, each captain at a loss as to the source of the initiating command.

The surging explosion of high energy flux, huge particle densities and pressures slammed past the Kotov fleet, scattering its ships like a spiteful warp fluctuation. Saiixek's work to re-orientate the Speranza did much to mitigate the damage of the blast wave; the sheer mass of the Ark Mechanicus allowed it to ride out the worst of the explosion's force. The very proximity of the fleet to Katen Venia isolated it within the eye of an outward-rushing bow wave of exotic particles, compressed gravity waves and unknowable forces.

Almost as soon as the blast wave passed over the fleet, a phase transition occurred, causing an exponential expansion of remodelled space-time. Passive auspex on the external surfaces of the Speranza registered an ultra-rapid spike in temperature caused by the high-energy photon density. Particle/antiparticle pairs of all descriptions were being instantaneously created and destroyed in violent collisions of sub-atomic matter ― and only one other instant in history had achieved such a violent moment of creation.

But this was no creation of a universe, this was that force harnessed by incomparably ancient technology and bent to another purpose altogether.

Alone and isolated, the ships of the Kotov fleet battened down the hatches and rode out the storm of unleashed energies, fighting to hold their position in a ferocious upheaval of system-wide gravitational fluxions that could tear them apart in a heartbeat.

Compared to the forces of matter transition being wielded in the Arcturus Ultra system, the titanic power of the Halo Scar paled in comparison. Tossed and swatted through space like leaves in a storm and not knowing if any of the other vessels were still alive, each captain fought to keep their ship intact until the fury of this stellar event was spent.

It took a further seven hours before the raging swells of high-energy particles and hyper-charged gravitational wavefronts had dissipated enough for any of the fleet vessels to risk deploying surveyor arrays. Travelling at near light-speed, whatever had exploded from Katen Venia would certainly have reached the star at the heart of the system by now. Having weathered the storm better than most, the Speranza was first to tentatively probe the void in an attempt to learn what had just happened.

Via a series of buffered servitor-proxies, Magos Azuramagelli eased the Ark Mechanicus's senses out into space, sampling the local spatial volume for extreme thermoclines and harmful radiations. Given the existing chaotic nature of the dying system and the violence of the eruption from Katen Venia, he expected to find space lousy with squalling particle storms, volatile neutron flow and a background hash of electromagnetic noise that would render much of surrounding space virtually impenetrable to auspex.

What he found was far stranger, far more unexpected, and utterly unbelievable.

Arcturus Ultra was no longer a dying red giant, a bloated destroyer in its last incarnation before its explosive death as a supernova.

Now it burned as a life-sustaining main sequence star.

Glittering bands of metallic debris, rubble and coalescing gases surrounded the newly rejuvenated sun, the building blocks of planets. Gravity and time would do the rest of the work, and though millions of years might pass before worlds capable of sustaining life could form, such spans were the blink of an eye to a galaxy.

Katen Venia had gone, destroyed in the very act of creation it had propagated.

Only one impossible, yet inescapable conclusion presented itself.

The shock wave of unimaginably vast energies had been the corollary to an immensely powerful stellar engineering event centred upon the Tomioka. The sensory-occluding fields of stellar debris and radiation ejected from the dying star that had hidden what lay beyond the system was gone as though it had never existed, and Azuramagelli's surveyors registered the presence of numerous systems with glowing stars of just the right mass and heat for sustaining life.

All arranged in a celestial alignment that was too perfect and too geometric to be accidental.

Credits to: Blackout https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...nvaders-stellaris.525346/page-3#post-36825511

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back