• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis VI - Robotic Priests Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here:

Daemon Tide
Three Imperial sectors are overrun by a vast army of the immaterium referred fearfully to as the Daemon Tide. Deploying into the Daemons' path, five knightly houses ― led by the renowned Nobles of Terryn ― form an adamant bastion to halt the rampage. Using swift-loping packs of Armiger Helverins and Warglaives, High Queen Desmadara Terryn channels the Daemons through the shattered valleys of Godsmote. As the warp-born creatures spill onto the Hollow Plain they are subjected to thunderous bombardment by two dozen Knights Castellan. The Daemons' casualties are phenomenal, yet with no concept of fear they surge onward to exact revenge. Over six hundred Questoris-class Knights storm out to meet them, enduring barrages of sorcery, flame and filth that send towering Knight suits toppling in ruin.
With Queen Desmadara and her Exalted Court at the lance-point, the Knights slam into the still-vast daemonic horde. They carve a path of annihilation to its heart, the ground shaking beneath their tread, unclean ichor drenching their legs.
Though empyric fiends and coruscating warp energies tear down one Knight after another, their momentum is unstoppable. At last, with reaper chainswords howling and thunderstrike gauntlets crackling, the Exalted Courts of three knightly houses engage the masters of the Daemon Tide. The battle that follows is so grandiose and cataclysmic that it spawns a hundred songs, tales and tapestries. Several heroic Knights are slain by the enormous Great Unclean One Bolothrax, before the Knights Valiant known as Master of Iron and Fellbreaker successfully pinion the foul abomination with their thundercoil harpoons. With their quarry unable to move, the Knights hack the mighty Daemon apart.
Bolothrax's banishment spells the end for the Daemon Tide, though they wreak much more destruction before they finally fade back into the warp. It is on that day that Bolothrax's unending grudge against House Terryn and all its descendants is born.

Abaddon, Ahriman, Kharn etc are space Marines, technically not incorrect

Also Dante, Marneus Calgar, Gabriel Angelos, Sigismund, Bjorn, Azrael, Mephiston, Varro Tigurius, Njal Stormcaller, Logan Grimnar...

All Space Marine that are Low 5-B or higher.

Besides, Abaddos a shit space marine anyawys. He's got no arms, and went on 13 crusades where literally nothing got accomplished. Baseline space Marines > primarchs whe

New books revealed and leaked:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...s-here-and-so-is-soul-warsgw-homepage-post-2/

Soul Wars looks really really good, to be quite honestly. Though I would only read it after getting through the Realmgate Wars and some other books. They are treating it as the big "Introduction to Age of Sigmar" novel, though, sorta like Dark Imperium.

Cool to see a Yarrick Omnibus, too.

But now onto the new stuff:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/16/black-library-live-the-big-reveals/

Cover art for Realmslayer, the Age of Sigmar Audiobook with Brian Blessed, was just revealed.

Speaking of covers, damn do these Stormcast Novels have amazing artwork!

On the 40K side, we will be getting a Celestine Novel by Andy Clark, which according to the post will reveal a lot more about her character than was previously known. Aaron Dembski-Bowden is writting a Primaris Novel, titled The Separs of the Emperor. And my God, look at that art.

On the sequel side, we are getting Dark Imperium: Plague Wars, which will finally detail the battle between Guilliman and Mortarion in a story. As well as Rise of the Ynnari: Wild Rider, which from what I understand is Ynnari and Saim-Hein Vs Necrons.

On the Horus Heresy side, the Corax novel got leaked, we are getting a new anthology (Another one, uugh), and some Audio Dramas. Also a new edition of Visions of Heresy, it seems.

Warhammer releasing books more into the horror territory seems interesting considering the verse. There's definitely a lot of potential to make that work if the right writers are used. Your link to the Ynnari stuff is broken though.

I mean, there's already a lot of rather horrific things present in other stories, but its not really the main focus and a lot of it is fridge horror. That's not necessarily bad, but them taking a new direction into dedicated horror stories is pretty intriguing, especially as someone who appreciates the cosmic horror and more nihilistic aspects of the setting likely more than average.

So about this bit on the EoM's page:

Doesn't perceive time linearly/Possible Acausality (When Horus Lupercal time traveled into the past and witnessed his creation, the Emperor recognized and knew who he was),

Wouldn't it be a lot less of a stretch to say this is just the emperor's precog, than to say it's acausality?

Nah, being basically a human chaos god he's got really crazy levels of acausality anyways. Plus, when that happened he was reacting to Horus's presence in the past and stuff despite that not having happened the first time around, and there's other stuff indicative of him not percieving time linearly.

@Monarch

This has actually happened thrice with people sending their souls to the past and the Emperor being aware of them and knowing who they are.

And really, every random daemon is acausal because of what their true nature is. The Emperor, who is a Chaos God-type entity not being that, is kinda silly.

Not being acasual in the warp would be silly sure, but in the materium?

Knowing who future people are can still just be showings of his precog though.

Alright then

I just think the justification should be changed then, seeing as it's current justification isn't very explicit.

The problem with the Emperor is that outside of like three novels, he has no major roles in the Horus Heresy books, and if he appears it is typically like one scene only in a novel.

Couldn't it just be a more generic "he's like a warp god" type thing?

"his true essence is within the warp, which is free of linear time and causality" or something

Can you magically snipe a culexus assassin?

Hit them with a lightning bolt from half a solar system away outside their power null range?

I'm inclined to say probably not off the top of my head. I wonder if we'll get more stuff with the lower end of the psyker scale like that, I've always found the idea of the anti psyker interesting. It would fit well if they decided to have malal make a return, twisting a bunch of hos followershis followers into pariahs or something.

Monarch Laciel said:
Can you magically snipe a culexus assassin?
Hit them with a lightning bolt from half a solar system away outside their power null range?
Depends on how powerful they are.

In the novel Atlas Infernal, an Omega Minus Class Culexus gave Ahzek Ahriman seizures and spasms, despite Ahriman only being present as an astral projection and his real form in another system.

Chance cards now including such events like being turned into a chaos spawn, having your planet unknowingly destroyed by a tier 4 or exterminatus, walking down the road only to suddenly have an imperial Titan step out from behind a waist high fence because Creed was feeling spiteful, and more!

The real question is who's writing the instruction manual, and who gets some crazy abity from it

Between this and the kids stuff...

The game pieces gotta be mad expensive, keeping with tradition

What if the scheming and stuff going on in the "game" between big E, the deciever, Cegoarch, and Tzeentch is just a friendly game of 40k monolpoly in universe ƒñöƒñöƒñö

Actually, what if 40k is in universe just 40k the tabletop game being played by the tier 1s

Emperor is that annoying dude with the OP self insert, who hypocritically bans the others from doing the same, ynnead is running really late to the game and they just started without him, so now his stuffs getting ruined, khorne can't deal with losing the game so he makes up rules about what his oponents can or can't do on the fly, skarbrand got banned from playing with everyone etc

It's real woke hours out here

So the 2nd Edition Age of Sigmar stuff is being released. I'm actually really curious as it seems to have way more lore compared to 1st Edition.

This is semi-canon. Well, the part about it being a game, at least.

While I've heard fan theories about tzeentch represnting "the player" of Warhammer tabletop I haven't seen any evidence of meta fiction in Warhammer

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
While I've heard fan theories about tzeentch represnting "the player" of Warhammer tabletop I haven't seen any evidence of meta fiction in Warhammer
Referring solely to the fact that everything is basically a "game" for the gods. No metafiction aspects (there, at least), just the gods being dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back