• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis V

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As the bloodletters returned to the task of dismantling the capital city brick by brick, soul by soul, Kargon surveyed the madness and saw that it was good. Dubbed 'The Seed-Bearer' by those who sought to invoke his presence, Kargon had feasted on the entrails of a thousand worlds. Drawn to breaches in the membrane between warp space and the material universe like a shark to fresh blood, Kargon knew only one purpose: strike, violate, move on. Soon Ilium would lay behind him, forgotten, like so many worlds before."
"The veins, now as thick around as the barrel chests of the daemons from which they sprang, burst in a cannonade of viscous fluid. The assembled horde drew back, but Kargon stepped forward, his breastplate now open, revealing a wet maw, from which pale tentacles flashed to taste the raining droplets.
From the depths of Kargon's chest uncoiled a single, thicker tentacle. Ignoring the dark rain that spattered his ornate armour, it drove itself into the pool of ichor at his feet, into the ground beneath as if searching for the core of the planet itself. Kargon stood rigidly as the tentacle pulsed once, twice, then withdrew, coiling back on itself, settling once again deep within the Seed-Bearer's chest. The smaller tentacles that ringed Kargon's maw licked hungrily along its length, cleaning away all traces of the ichor.
'The ceremony iss complete. The sseed of Chaoss growsss here!' Kargon announced, his armour sealed, his voice soft with satisfaction. Scoured clean of human life, Ilium was now the cradle for Chaos' seed. In time, new life would grow: twisted, hideous, pliant to the will of Kargon's masters ― an infection waiting to spread."

Both quotes from the Short Story Hell in a Bottle. A Chaos Champion can literally impregnate planets by penetrating the ground with tentacles from his chest-mouth, until they reach the core and seed it, causing the whole world's surface to eventually wither, and then corrupt, all new vegetation and life that is born being Chaos Tainted.

This is probably one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in 40K.

This same short story has Bloodleters shooting laser beams from their swords which blow up fighter jets.

Just read through A Brother's Confessio, which is one of the two Black Library short stories that came with this month's White Dwarf.

It's about a Primaris Apothecary from the Ultramarines confessing to a Chaplain about "killing" his battle brother, as he made the decision to save the young daughter of a planetary governer from Chaos cultists instead of attempting to retrieve the gene-seed of his fellow Marine (who died defending her) in what would have likely been a suicidal effort.

In the end, the Chaplain, who turns out to be the Apothecary's actual blood brother, informs him that he made the right choice, and that he's well aware the only reason Apothecary Polixis is confessing is to clear his own conscience to his family. The two then have a short dialogue about what it means to be a member of the Adeptus Astartes and how their true goal will always be to protect and save humanity.

For such a short story, it did an excellent job at portraying Space Marines as real people and not just power armoured action heroes devoid of more complex emotion and compassion.

The ending bit.

"The Chapel of the Dioskuri was silent. Polixis' head had been bowed as he related his confession, but he raised it now to meet the red visor lenses of Kastor's skull helm.

The Chaplain reached up and disengaged the sealant lock, removing the grim piece of armour and setting it on the altar with a thud. The face revealed was the same as Polixis' -- firmly set, dark-eyed, with hair the colour of a golden harvest. The similarities went beyond the changes wrought by a primarch's shared genetics.

'Do you remember when I saved the pup from the waters of the Icaldon?' the Chaplain asked. Polixis remained looking up at him, processing the question. The fact that Kastor had removed his helmet broke with the protocol of the confessional.

'I do not,' the Apothecary admitted eventually. 'You know my memories of those days are less complete than yours.'.

'Morik the agri-master's flock-hound had plunged into the river and its pup had followed,' Kastor said. 'Both were swept away. I pursued them, and you would have followed had father not dragged you back. I managed to reach the pup, but its mother was gone. I could not save them both.'.

'A pup is a different matter to a brother of the Fulminata--' Polixis began to say, but Kastor raised his hand for silence.

'I have only one question for you,' he said. 'Have you come here to confess your guilt to the Chaplain of the Fulminata, or have you come to confess it to your blood-brother?'.

Polixis said nothing.

'Your silence is an answer in and of itself,' Kastor said. 'You have committed no crime worthy of a confession. The tactical situation was clear and the Codex supports your actions. Tulio was lost, and the fact you recovered the daughter of the de la Sarios was an achievement that you should look back on with pride. With her gene-lock we were able to access the weapons vault and turn the orbital defences on the heretics. Had it been the other way around, the entire strike force would have been decimated, and the world of Atari lost.'.

'But could I not have recovered both her and Tulio?' Polixis said. 'The Imperium needs warriors, now more than ever. The loss of even a single battle-brother's legacy is a grievous failing. I alone am accountable for that.'.

'The Imperium needs humanity,' Kastor corrected. 'That is the very reason that we exist -- to preserve mankind and all of its great works. You are right to speak of legacy. You preserved a legacy when you saved that girl. She will never forget that her life was paid for by one of the Emperor's warrior. In righteous likelihood, she will grow up to be a firm and righteous leader, one ever-mindful of the dangers that threaten the Imperium and the warriors that stand ready should she have need.'.

Polixis sad nothing as he considered his brother's words. Kastor went on.

'You are right -- a pup cannot be compared to the memory of brother Tulio. But Agri-master Morik rejoiced when I emerged from the swell with the dog in my arms. He knew that the future of his flock was secure. And the Imperium's future will be secure too, so long as we make the sacrifices required for victory. Atari still stands because you completed the mission. If some of our number are lost -- even you or I -- in doing so, that is not something to mourn. It is both our duty and out privilege. You should not hold it against yourself either. That we must suffer on occasion is inevitable. We are warriors.'.

'It is a difficult lesson,' Polixis admitted. 'One that I fear I must relearn every time. It still hurts.'.

'And that is to your credit,' Kastor said, extending one gleaming, black-armoured hand. Polixis grasped it, the white gauntlet meeting the black, thumb-to-thumb, the brother's grip rather than the warrior's. He stood.

'We are a torch, set aside for mankind's darkest hour,' Kastor said. 'That hour is upon us now. May we burn brightly, you and I, and never waver. We owe that to Tulio's memory, and the future lives of those we save.'."

I always prefer Astartes who are like that over edgelords like the Black Templars.

Also, what do you think of Call appearing in the Heresy?

I'm hype for Wolfsbane. Leman Russ vs Horus will reveal how big the gap between him and normal Primarchs is. Worth nothing that Russ will be wielding a Golden Spear forged by the Emperor himself, which he wielded during the Crusade.

Wolfsbane spoilers:

• Novel starts with Emperor and Horus finding Russ (the 2nd primarch to be found). Horus is secretly jealous that he will have to "share" the Emperor now.
  • The Emperor originally gave Russ a golden psychic spear (I think it is called the Wyrd Spear), but he hates the spear because it gives off a an aura and presence of light that makes him uncomfortable.
  • He kept trying to get rid of the spear but it always ended back in his hands one way or another.
  • Sanguinius arrives on Terra.
  • Dorn, Khan, Sanguinius, Russ, and Vulkan all have a meeting before Russ leaves to fight Horus. Everyone is against him leaving, except Sanguinius who has foreseen it. Russ says that if he isn't supposed to leave, than the Emperor himself should go to his face and say it.
  • The Emperor isn't showing up and none of the Primarchs have seen him for sometime on Terra, so that's a moot point. Malcador allows Russ to leave.
  • Dorn & Sanguinius point out that Russ has been a hypocrite on Psykers, to which he explains that the Wolves & White Scars aren't Warlocks because they draw from the energy of nature which is somehow linked to the Emperor himself.
  • Russ meets with Malcador's Knight-Errants and specially Loken himself. Russ asks Loken if Horus can be killed, to which he responds "No."
  • On his way to fight Horus Russ stops on Fenris where he meets with little Bjorn and others. He has a vision of the Wolftime and alludes to his disappearance.
  • Horus since the events on Molech is essentially Chaos incarnate. He has an aura and psychic presence of pure evil and madness that is reminiscent of the Emperor's, but distorted and corrupted.
  • He's an utter psychopath and a ****** and enjoys killing Marines and Civilians. All remaining Sons of Horus are terrified of him. The only one that doesn't just meekly accept his demands is Abaddon, who is disgusted at what Horus is become, and confronts him openly.
  • Russ leads the 40,000 remaining Space Wolves against Horus' armies which greatly outnumber his own. Russ uses some spearhead tactics and manages to invade the Vengeful Spirit itself.
  • Russ meets and faces Horus in the same bridge where Sanguinius and the Emperor will fight him in the future. Horus asks Russ to join him to which he spits at his face and attacks.
  • The two duel and Russ is crushed completely by a casual Horus who gloats throughout the fight.
  • Russ reveals that the Wyrd Spear contains a shard of the Emperor's spirit, and may be one of the only things that can kill Horus. Also it has a neat property of never missing the target and always return to the wielder's hands.
  • Russ throws his spear (Yes) and it pierces Horus' chest, wounding him a lot. A lot of the Chaos powers inside Horus dissipate through the hole in his chest.
  • Unfortunately wounded =/= killed, and Russ has to retreat to not die. However he managed to wound and weaken Horus so he is satisfied.
  • Horus is back at his Pre-Molech self, somewhat. He is still empowered but not to the point where he is invincible and completely lost it.
  • Oh, and Cawl is in the book for a bit. He's a Tech-Adept assigned to a Forge World that gets invaded by the Sons of Horus, and he and a bunch of other Mechanicus people are forced to bow before the Warmaster.

What I learned from this excerpt:

FurAffinity Reinhard throws his spear and makes Horus leak Powerthirst through his flesh wound, weakening him.

Also, how weakened was Horus supposed to be, after this? Because if ut was a significant drop, yet he still mortally wounds Big E at the end of the Heresy, I'm a lot more comfortable with "At least 4-B, likely 4-A".

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Our-Martyred-Lady/Gav-Thorpe/Warhammer-40-000/9781784968366

"Celestine the Living Saint and Inquisitor Greyfax must join forces to avert a schism within the Imperial Ecclesiarchy that could cast mankind into an era of terrible darkness in this epic, four-part audio drama.
During the turbulent Reign of Blood, a great schism in the Imperial Ecclesiarchy threatened all of Terra and promised a darkness to rival the terrors of Old Night. Fell times have come again to the Imperium and a War of Faith appears inevitable. Standing in the way of catastrophe is Celestine, the Living Saint and one of the greatest heroes of the age. Only she can reunite the warring factions of the Ecclesiarchy and prevent a second Reign of Blood. Together with the Inquisitor Greyfax, Celestine and her allies must hunt across the shrineworlds of the Imperium and beyond to root out the evil behind the schism and burn it out with righteous, cleansing flame."

Ship is sailing furiously.

Never thought they'd do a Necron themed board game, but I'm happy they are.

Also, Morathi's theme is both hilariously unfitting for the character but so catchy it doesn't matter.

I don't think that's her theme, the actual theme was in the original teaser.

Her model is ******* amazing ,tho.

@Azzy

Did you see my newest WH calc? Another KiloFOE feat. I think you originally requested it, but someone else did it a different way. Matt mentioned it to me last night so I went ahead and did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back