• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Warhammer 40,000 Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbaddonTheDisappointment

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
The Great Warhammer 40,000 Downgrade

After ten thousand years, the Siege of Terra has finally ended and now 40k can finally get on with its downgrades. This is going to be a process spanning several CRTs but this one is directly related to AP and Speed. It was previously agreed that the AP would be downgraded and here is us deciding what the AP and Speed is going to be for these guys. For this I'm going to start with speed and why the current FTL and MFTL+ ratings are garbage.

Speed Section:

Problems with FTL and Massively FTL+

So, let's start this off with why this revision has to happen. For starters, we currently base our FTL and MFTL+ combat and reaction speed feats (for marines and Primarchs respectively) off of perception speed feats rather than actual reaction speed feats.

The current feat on the Astartes profile to justify FTL reactions goes as follows:
My lord, if I am to risk my ship and the souls onboard, I would have you tell me what we are up against,’ she said, with no little consternation.
‘I have little idea,’ Cestus confessed, staring into the viewscreen, analysing and appraising tactical protocols in nanoseconds as he considered Kaminska’s question. ‘The Astartes are not privy to the secret works of the Mechanicum, admiral.’ The Ultramarine sensed the challenge from Kaminska, her growing discontent, and was determined to crush it. ‘Suffice to say that the plasma lance was developed as a direct fire close-range weapon for ship-to-ship combat. In any event, it matters not. Your orders are simple,’ said Cestus, turning his steely gaze upon Admiral Kaminska in an attempt to cow her veiled truculence.
‘We are to destroy that ship.’
- Battle For The Abyss: My Brother, My Enemy

According to our speed page:

Reaction Speed​

Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

I think it's easy to see the issue. There's no movement. There's nothing at all, it's just him looking at a screen and processing that information within nanoseconds. That isn't a reaction feat, at most that's a perception feat because it shows he can see and think at such speeds. To quote the speed page again:

Perception Speed​

The timeframe it takes for a character to notice an event or reaction. But crucially, this does not grant any movement; at most, it allows the user to activate a thought-based ability.

Now, for the Primarch's feat. It all comes from Deus Encarmine when an Astartes, Arkio, uses Sanguinius' spear that grants him a fraction of his Primarch's power and lets him sees lasers as frozen. The statement goes as follows:
The Spear of Telesto worked and Arkio felt as if he were merely a vessel for the weapon, like the igniter for an explosive power so far beyond him as to be unimaginable. And yet, every second the weapon sang in his grip, and the teardrop blade brought ruin to hundreds of Traitor Marines, he felt himself changing. Power the likes of which he had never dared imagine coursed through Arkio, and his mind struggled to grasp it. The closest thing he could approximate it with was his rebirth when he left the sarcophagus on Baal for the first time, but even that was a pale shadow compared to the majestic force running through him now. He was a hundred feet tall. He could see the passage of bolts and laser blasts as if they were suspended in the air. He was invincible. By the lords, he was godlike.
- Deus Encarmine; Chapter Eleven

Seems all fine and dandy, a frozen laser feat, however one, there's no movement involved during that timeframe, just him commenting he could see them as frozen, and two, the same dude wielding the same spear literally gets tagged twice by a Word Bearer, another Astartes, later in the very same book. To quote:
“You will injure no more of my brothers,” said Arkio, his voice carrying.Iskavan roared a battle cry and sent rods of lightning at the youth.
Arkio knocked them away with the Spear of Telesto and in a flash he was at the Word Bearer’s throat, the lance slamming into the crozius with shrieks of tortured metal. Iskavan’s weapon warped the air around it with redolent malevolence and the two warriors went back and forth across the slick decking, blood jetting from wounds where blades made brief contact.
Arkio struck Iskavan’s bleeding stump with the blunt end of the spear and he let out a sound that chilled the marrow. The Apostle savagely returned the attack and found a tiny gap in Arkio’s defence. A solid hit spun the Marine in place and he stumbled. Iskavan, infinitely older and more heartless than the young Blood Angel, did not hesitate to follow the blow and struck once more. The fan of blades locked into the cables and fastenings that held Arkio’s backpack in place and severed them. The compact fusion reactor and the back plate of his armour, all went away in a flood of hurt. Arkio fellin a heap, barely able to hold on to the spear. Unable to move, Rafen watched in horror as the Apostle drew the last reserves of psionic energy from within himself and channelled them into the humming crozius.
- Deus Encarmine; Chapter Fourteen

This, I feel would be a similar case to the Astartes where it's simply just a perception feat. He would be able to see them as practically frozen, doesn't mean he can necessarily act upon it.

Also, should someone bring up Matt's speed blog, here is why a lot of those feats (outside of the bullet timing ones) are either invalid or cannot be used in good faith.
Debunking Various Reaction Feats

In this section, I'm going to be going through Matthew Schroeder's whole 40K speed feats blog and debunking them since it's what was previously used in determining most of the character's speeds. That's not to say the blog itself was used for scaling, but it was where most of the feats were collected that supported FTL and MFTL+ combat and reaction speed so it's important to debunk them first before proposing any changes. You'll find that most of these higher end feats are technically "reaction" feats but not in the sense that's applicable on the wiki. Most of these have to do with a person processing information within a certain timeframe which wouldn't be considered a reaction feat as they aren't moving to really react to anything, just processing that information in their minds. The bullet-timing feats are fine for the most part, most of them actually being characters explicitly dodging, blocking, or hitting bullets/bolt shells fired at them.

Microsecond Feats

As the shell seared past, Ragnar threw himself flat behind the low pile of rubble, trying to make himself as small a target as possible. That had been close, too close. The shot had almost parted his hair. Only his lightning-quick reflexes and the microsecond's warning provided by his superhuman senses had got him out of the way. If he had ducked half a heartbeat later, his head would have been an exploding fountain of gore and bone. Ragnar had seen it happen too often to have any doubts as to what his own fate would have been. - Ragnar's Claw
Technically speaking he doesn't move in that microsecond, just that he had the warning he was going to get shot for a microsecond then he moved.

Ferren sent furious streams of machine-code across the local network between himself and his adepts, trying to correlate and forecast the motions of the Sororitas, but like so many things commanded by the drives of organics, they were difficult to predict.At first, the unforeseen arrival of the females had sent him lurching towards a panic spiral. It was not enough that the questor had come here and overturned the careful order of things the tech-priest had set up within the compound. Now, through some process that Ferren could not know but did not doubt was Tegas’s fault, the Sisters of Battle had come searching the deserts and traced his superior’s route back to this place.Ferren calculated his options within a microsecond, evaluating and considering all possibilities he could see, and discarding those that did not suit him. He had considered obliterating the rover on the approach, killing it and everything within using a barrage of missiles from the launchers in the towers. He rejected it, instead intending to engage in a more subtle approach.- Hammer & Anvil
This is more of an information processing feat rather than a reaction feat

Ferren’s train of thought was halted by a sudden surge of new inputs from the sensing palps at the tips of his mechadendrite cluster. A spike in exotic radiation came from nothing, spent neutrinos and quark-flux particles creating an invisible mist that could only be perceived by one with the eyes of a machine.The tech-priest beamed an interrogative to the communal data pool and found he was not the only one detecting the same variance. Even as he communicated with his minions in microsecond-swift binaric pulses, comparing readings and building a theory, he began to register another effect. The local background level of electromagnetic radiation was rising exponentially, decay rates and backscatter patterns indicating the epicentre of the anomaly was out there, in the chamber.- Hammer & Anvil
This is just the speed at which they're able to send data to one another, not a reaction feat

Irrational,’ said Linya. ‘Roboute, you are a man of varied history, much of which clearly holds great appeal to other humans. You have personality matrices that I am sure make you an interesting person, but not to me. I can see through you and study every facet of your life from the cellular level to the hominid-architecture of your brain. Your life is laid bare to me from birth to this moment, and I can process every angle of that existence in a microsecond. You divert me, but no unaugmented human has enough complexity to ever hold my attention for long.’- Priests of Mars
More of a processing/thinking feat rather than a reaction feat

‘Bracing,’ he said, shutting down as many of his own extraneous systems as he could manage in the microsecond he had left before the engine’s gun reached optimal firing temperature.
And a thunderclap of pulverising thermic energy slammed into the tank, burning through its refractor fields in an instant and melting through a handspan of ablative plating. The internal temperature of the tank’s crew compartment flashed to that of a blast furnace, and what little skin Dahan had left peeled off in an instant.- Priests of Mars
Another feat that's more thinking speed than movement

Tawren is young and efficient, tall, fully modified. She has excelled in her advancement through the developmental levels of the Mechanicum, and is profoundly good at her work. She supervises the Analyticae. Hesst is fond of her. He seldom accesses his emotions, but on the rare occasions that he decides to use them, he always notices the warmth with which he perceives her. Her modifications are technically pleasing, and her base organics possess a certain aesthetic."You are running hot," she blurts to him in binaric code, a microsecond transmission on the intimate direct mode. It is non-verbal, but the blurt contains code signifiers for Hesst, and for a Titan battle unit straining its drives."Not at all. Rumination: Today is simply demanding."- Know No Fear: The Battle at Calth
Another communication/data transmission speed feat

The sergeants did not salute – they were Iron Hands – but their wargear emitted a blizzard of welcome and submission phrases. Jalenghaal resented his systems’ complaisance, and manually modulated the auto-exloads with a micro-second delay and subtextual antagonism signifiers. Kristos did not appear to notice, but he noticed. Kristos saw all. Narrow slits for ten optic lenses glowed icily around the black iron of the Iron Father’s helm. That, coupled with the free rotation of his helmet about the neck socket and the reversible pointedness of his shoulders, elbows and knees rendered concepts of orientation obsolete.- Voice of Mars
Another data transmission speed feat

The tank jolts, throwing Thiel back just as he makes a rare counter. He staggers, the electromagnetic longsword slipping in his grip. Seeing weakness, the Unburdened attacks. Brain strategising with every passing microsecond, Thiel is unable to craft a response as the monster bears him to the deck, its claws pressed against his throat.- Censure
Another processing/thinking feat

Jonah heard the hiss of the neck clamps as they slid from the side of the headrest, and, from the corners of his eyes, he could see slithering slivers of metal emerging from the clamps. He braced himself for the momentary pain of connection as they slid across his cheek like silver worms reaching towards his eyes.
Then he could see them fully: incredibly fine silver wires, each no thicker than a human hair, yet capable of carrying vast amounts of information.The clamps gripped his head firmly as the silver wires descended and penetrated the corners of his eyes, worming down past his optic nerve and into his brain, where they finally interfaced directly with his cerebral cortex. He grunted as the momentary, icy pain of connection passed through his brain, but relaxed as he felt the body of the Titan become one with his own. Information flooded through him, the cortical-dendrites filtering it through portions of his brain that normally went unused, allowing him to feel every part of the gigantic machine as though it were an extension of his own flesh.
Within microseconds, the post-hypnotic implants in the subconscious portions of his brain were already running the pre-deployment checks, and the insides of his eyeballs lit up with telemetry data, weapon readiness status, fuel levels and a million other nuggets of information that would allow him to command this beautiful, wonderful Titan.

'How do you feel?' asked the adept, and Jonah laughed.
'It's good to be the king,' he said.- False Gods: The Heresy Takes Root
Another processing speed feat

Amit’s face twisted and he pointed a finger, his holograph stuttering. ‘You brought this mission to us, messenger. Do you know more than you have revealed?’
For a microsecond, Raldoron saw a flicker of uncertainty in Kreed’s eyes; then it was gone and he was shaking his head. ‘I can offer only my impressions as an outsider. More than that… I can’t say.’- Fear to Tread: The Angel Falls
More of a perception speed feat

Dante cut out his jets at the apex of his leap, allowing himself to fall fast towards the monsters clambering over the wall. He selected one and corrected his drop with a microsecond jet burst.- The Devastation of Baal
The blog states: "Commander Dante makes adjustments to his flight pattern in microseconds." This is rather inaccurate based on the phrasing it seems more like he just changed his flight pattern with a jet burst that lasted a microsecond

Do not think that we ignored one another – far from it. We saved one another from death many times in those first few decisive moments. This still remains, though – I fought in the way I had been bred to, driving my superlative physical form to its limit, gauging every threat with a microsecond’s precision, relying on the absolute integrity of my equipment.- Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion
More of a thinking feat when it comes to the microsecond statement

‘Why have you come to free me?’ Curze asked. That Sanguinius was going to take him from the cell had suddenly become imminent, turning into a concrete inevitability in the last few seconds. Sanguinius’ reasons remained beyond his reach as they flickered and changed in microseconds, caught in the tempest of the Angel’s uncertaint.- Ruinstorm: Destiny Unwritten
More of a thinking feat

The storm bolter in his hand thundered, and the genestealer was reduced to purple mist and ragged tatters of alien flesh. But there were more where it had come from, and they made themselves known a microsecond later. All around him, throughout the vast chamber, the heaps of the dead burst like foul seed pods, disgorging multi-limbed monstrosities. Genestealers scuttled towards the Terminators from every shadowed recess and hillock of rotting remains, jaws agape and claws clicking.- Shield of Baal: Deathstorm
Seems more like hyperbole or just an expression to say they showed up.

The sergeant slipped over an edge, body cartwheeling as it encountered empty, stale air. Jatiel’s thoughts deserted him as he fell the last metres. Cables snapped at him, violently arresting his momentum. They held for microseconds, then broke in showers of sparks and lightning. He hit more and more, until he neared the bottom of the chasm. The last held and the sergeant was stuck, gently swaying in the darkness.- Shield of Baal: Deathstorm
This reads more like he fell and cables were in his path which snapped under his weight, not him breaking free in microseconds

The targeting unit on Tybalt’s backpack rose up, its glassy eye taking in a 270-degree view of his surroundings and swivelling about to complete the picture. A miniature cogitator in the backpack calculated all attack vectors, ranking the opposing Martians in order of threat. Targeting reticules danced all over the faceplate screen of his skull helm. Combat stimulants pumped into his system in massive quantities, elevating his metabolism and mind to superhuman heights. The battle took a microsecond to observe, evaluate and process.- The Beheading
Another processing feat

Kor’sarro nodded. ‘Or a trap,’ he growled. As soon as he said the word, he felt it, and cursed himself for not recognising it sooner. He had been too focused, too intent on his prey not to see the trap she was leading him into. Rime Crag could simply have been a diversion, to pull the White Scars out of response range for a planned assault, and thus deprive the Imperial forces of an asset. But that was no more Shadowsun’s way than it was his own. She was not an ork; the witch could think. The tau had the advantage of mobility, an advantage he and his huntsmen negated, or at least countered. They were too dangerous to the tau to be left riding free. The conclusion was reached and the decision made in micro-seconds. ‘To your vehicles. We must ride. Cemakar, alert the Khwarezmian. We’ll need support.’- Damocles
Another thinking feat

Silence filled the gloom. Ignis waited, counting micro-seconds in his head. Chainblades spun alive, bolters clattered active and began to rise. Mavahedron let a length of chain rattle through his grasp, and the thrall-hounds bounded forwards with a wet howl. - Ahriman: Sorcerer
Another thinking feat

Bile’s mind still functioned, whatever the state of his body. Possibilities were conceived, analysed and discarded in microseconds. A trap? Possibly. The remnants of the Third Legion bore him no love, despite all that he had done for them. Fulgrim himself had set a bounty on his former Apothecary’s head, though few had sought to claim it in the years since the debacle at Korazin. Not to mention Canticle City.
(...)
The flesh he wore was not his original flesh. It was not even the third or fourth husk he’d been forced to reside in since he’d departed Terra for the last time. Nor would it be the last, unless his studies took a more positive turn in the near future. Already it was beginning to wear out. His reaction times were fractionally slower, his system struggled to repair minor damage, and his senses were frayed and dulled. Not to mention the tumours, which clung like barnacles to most of his major organs, stunting their functions. It was all the chirurgeon could do to keep him on his feet, at times.- Fabius Bile: Primogenitor
Another thinking feat

The basilica wall gave way with a landslide crash. A gigantic bio-beast shouldered through it, thick knots of lesser Tyranids spilling out amongst the rubble and clouds of ancient brick dust. The cognis weaponry of Destroyer-clade Vho-9-Rhombus reacted before the servitors themselves, snapping round to belch great clouds of promethium flame into those weapon-beasts skittering forwards. As one, Vho-9-Rhombus pivoted and slowly reversed, the expressions of the three battle servitors as slack and disinterested as if still in transit to the war zone. The spindly servo-limbs of their cognis flamers deftly detached the empty canisters and replaced them without a microsecond of hesitation. Tyranids leapt, blade-arms whipping through the air, only to be caught once more in blasts of flame. - Codex Adeptus Mechanicus (7th Edition)
Seems more like just a thinking feat or hyperbole

Still a hundred feet left to go. The invaders we responding like the cells of an immune system to the foreign bodies in their midst, massing around them whilst giant shadows loomed closer through the ochre mists. Electricity crackled from the battlements of the stronghold, the detonations shivering the earth as the congregation’s Corpuscarii unleashed their blessed lightning. And yet each kill bought them a microsecond at most. Gostonblyte began the Chant of the Technopurge – a xenos bladebeast leapt at Xi-Lomax, knocking him back hard, but he took up the canticle as best he could none the less. Javelins of energy fell from the skies above, one spearing the beast on top of him. The bolt’s afterimage filled his sight with the glorious light of the Omnissiah. His vision subroutines resurrected, and he saw a clear path to the fallen relics ahead. A blurt of binharic cant, and his robots set up twin walls of flame that kept the xenos at bay. He ran, falling upon the acid-scarred relics. His mechadendrites went to work. Another rumble under foot, and a snake-tailed horror the size of a bell tower burst from the ground, biolightning spewing from its jaws.- Codex Adeptus Mechanicus (7th Edition)
This microsecond statement doesn't even have to do with combat, just how much time each kill is giving the Mechanicus forces

From the deck floor rose thick armoured barriers, angled shields of dense ceramite, adamantium and rockcrete designed to aid in repelling boarding actions. Through the smoke, Kol Badar saw armoured figures in white power armour taking up positions behind these barricades, dropping down behind them and hefting bolters up, bring them to bear on the invaders. In a microsecond he had noted their number and position, and as he hacked the head from the shoulders of another hapless Chapter serf, he registered an enemy Devastator squad moving up to join the defence, hauling their servo-balanced heavy weapons. Their sergeant ducked down behind a barricade and pointed in Khalaxis’s direction as the last of the Chapter serfs were cut down, and the four heavy bolter-toting Space Marines accompanying him set their feet wide, bringing their immense weapons to bear.- Dark Creed
Another thinking feat

HlokdeJ.png

This doesn't even refer to actual reactions, just that they know what their enemies are going to do down to the last microsecond of whatever it is they're going to do and it just lets them anticipate that.

For a full minute, the Space Marines fired, each battle-brother keeping to his own pace, reloading when necessary, covering his squad mates when it was needed. Despite the number of beasts attacking them, the Space Marines sighted every burst carefully, their adapted brains making microsecond adjustments so that all their rounds hit their mark.- The Devastation of Baal
This seems to be just a processing/thinking feat with their brains themselves making microsecond adjustments to their aim

Honour Blade
Tau Ethereals utilise Honour Blades as symbols of office, ceremonial weapons, and (in an emergency) in self defence. While each weapon is custom-made and individual, they all feature a broad blade fitted to a long, lightweight metallic staff. Ethereals use the blades primarily to settle disputes, engaging in lengthy, highly stylised duels that are more coordinated comeditation than combat. The combatants dance and weave as if in a trance, their weapons flashing past one another scant millimetres and microseconds from causing terrible damage. Yet somehow, the dance is always bloodless, as if the Ethereals are in total union with one another. In truth, the combatants are engaged in a deeply spiritual duel, conducted at a level which none outside of their caste can discern. Some Ethereals carry their Honour Blades on the field of battle, not expecting to have to use them, but prepared to make a last stand against their barbaric foes nonetheless.- Deathwatch: Mark of the Xenos
Kind of just means they block them microseconds away, not that they actually react within microseconds. If someone defuses a bomb after 5 minutes with 1 second left it doesn't mean they defuse it in 1 second, it just means they had 1 second before it things go really poory.

Treadfire’s loader, wide-eyed and frantic, raised the carbine he carried, and opened fire. His wild shots slapped and gouged off the iron rail and struts of the footbridge, and grazed across the back plates of the largest skitarii.
A nano-second after Kazan started shooting, the skitarii that had spotted them fired back. Its weapon-limb spat out a stream of overpowered lasfire. Several shots struck the wet ooze in the bed of the ditch and made ferocious, quenching geysers of vapourised mud. Two passed clean through Kazan. The skitarii weapon was a form of hellgun, designed to cut armour. Kazan didn’t lurch or fly backwards off his feet. The superheated shots imparted no recoil. They simply made huge, cauterised holes in him, one through his chest, the other through his head. Kazan rocked and fell flat on his face. There was an unholy stench of cooked bone and burned blood.
Varco stared up at the skitarii on the bridge. All three had turned towards them. Time turned to sludge. He felt his last heartbeat thud in his chest. He saw nothing except the blue slit visors of the invaders, magnified by his terror, as they made micro-second target adjustments that seemed to last forever.- Titanicus
The nanosecond statement seems invalid considering it sounds more like the skitarii just fired at him just a bit slower than the other guy and the microsecond adjustments seem valid but rather uncalcable as a whole and may be similar to the Devastation of Baal feat as well where its just thinking speed.

Nanosecond Feats

Most noticeably, he’d feature an absolute abundance of arms and legs, all of which would be poised in various different and dynamic aspects. This reinforces the notion that Cawl is ceaselessly and simultaneously processing and cogitating billions of different tasks and algorithms. Effectively he’s a vast research and development organisation contained within one assiduous neo-human entity, and never needs pause to plan, think, sleep or eat.- The Gathering Storm Companion
Even Matt said it wasn't necessarily a nanosecond feat so out it goes.

The Tech-Adepts of the Adeptus Mechanicus, though often perceived as cold and inhumanly detached, are nonetheless capable leaders. They are able to calculate complex tactical algorithms to overcome battlefield challenges in a matter of nanoseconds, allowing them to claim their objective in the most efficient manner possible. - Codex Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition)
Not a reaction feat in the sense that we use them, more a feat as to their ability to process information

A flash of translocation lit the grand tomb chamber. When it abated, the Architect was in a different room. Using his chronomancy, he had descended several levels in a nanosecond. The catacombs were dank and sealed. It was fear. Fear of contamination that drove the necrons to such lengths. And for good reason. A shriek of anguish broke the silence in the catacombs but none of the insects toiling slowly and methodically gave it heed. The Architect merely looked towards the sound, his long lamellar cloak fashioned of bronze sigil-ingots clanking as he moved. Another revivification casket had opened behind him. Now he faced it, he saw the awakened lord within. This one was ripe with putrefaction, the decaying flesh that swathed it long since turned to rot. The Architect glared. His real name was Ankh the Herald of Dismay, a title self-appointed. He would need to cow this one. Rabid and disillusioned, he would need to direct him quickly and forcefully if he was to be of any use. Unlike the Undying and the other dynastic nobles, Ankh did not fear the flayer disease. He had many arcane items to protect him. Caution was still wise, though – he took a step back. Ankh stretched to his full height, making the most of his cryptek’s skull panoply and brandishing his rod of office like a threat. His appearance was that of a skeletal, metal skinned sorcerer. There were devices about his person, amulets and speculums, star compasses and fathomless orbs. A vial of liquid adamantium attached to his belt by an ornate chain contained his predecessor; the mirror of the speculum trapped another of his would-be usurpers a nanosecond out of synch with the rest of reality.- The Fall of Damnos
Both of these are specifically chronomancy/technology feats and thus are inapplicable for actual combat or reaction speeds except in the case of something like "FTL with Chronomancy"

Ankh was linked to the tomb like no other in the hierarchy. He felt its movements, knew the position and condition of every scarab, tomb spyder and wraith that made up its dedicated cohorts. Through them, he was interfaced with the hundreds of thousands still slumbering, still self-repairing and gradually coming online, that made up the necron war cells. With the repair constructs occupied elsewhere that process would take exponentially more time to complete. Ankh made the calculations in a nanosecond. In the next he retasked the swarms to attack the city above.
Another information processing feat

Tegas had glimpsed the nemesor’s order-memes floating at the edges of the necron communications matrix when they first arrived. Almost every active combatant unit had been committed to the attack on Sanctuary 101, in an act of massive military excess. To do so was an almost human act of resentment and hubris, and Tegas found that to be most interesting. Perhaps the necrons were not as devoid of emotional response as they appeared to be. He noted the possibility for later consideration. His gaze was drawn back to the core. The cube. He could not help but turn every optic cluster, every sense module he had, onto it. Behind that barrier was a power source as primordial and as lethal as the forces of creation – a singularity. Tegas heard the women wondering aloud as to the nature of it, and for a nanosecond he considered attempting to explain the phenomenon to them. But they were only soldiers, and their minds, however tactically capable, were simply too limited to understand the awesome power before them.- Hammer & Anvil
This is essentially no different from saying he thought of doing something for a second but decided against it which may not even be literal. At most, like the blog says, it's just a thinking feat which isn't applicable

But the matter of the humans was dwarfed by the magnitude of what they had done to the Sautekh’s prize, the complex taken by force of arms from the Atun Dynasty. Khaygis did not for one nanosecond consider the fact that his eagerness to hammer the humans into the sands had left the singularity core underprotected. He was incapable of conceiving of an error on his part. The nemesor was the perfect solider; his past had been erased and he had been built anew in gleaming steel form. A perfect reflection of his infallibility. He did not experience shock or surprise, but he kindled the newfound hate as he looked up into the Kaviran sky.- Hammer & Anvil
Similar to the feat above, at most just a thinking feat.

The troop spent ten minutes searching. Nothing else was discovered. Overhead, an especially fierce shield-storm had begun to close in, as if drawn to them. Furious ripples of lightning striated the heavy clouds. The light grew yellow, and the storm’s distortions whined and shrieked intrusively into their vox-links.‘ We’re exposed out here,’ Bulle muttered. ‘Let’s get back into the forest.’ Tarvitz was amused. Bulle made it sound as if the stalk thickets were safe ground. Giant forks of lightning, savage and yellow-white phosphorescent, were searing down into the open space, explosively scorching the earth. Though each fork only existed for a nanosecond, they seemed solid and real, like fundamental, physical structures, like upturned, thorny trees. Three Astartes, including Lucius, were struck. Secure in their Mark IV plate, they shrugged off the massive, detonating impacts and laughed as aftershock electrical blooms crackled like garlands of blue wire around their armour for a few seconds.- Horus Rising: The Seeds of Heresy are Sown
The blog itself points out how this likely wouldn't work so I'll just copy paste the explanation here: "They cannot dodge them, though, and the distance involved may have something to do with it (Just like you and I can see a Mach 3 plane crossing the skies from a faraway distance, or see a falling meteorite)." As such, it wouldn't be a valid feat

The Word Bearer is almost unrecognisable. For a nanosecond, the figure registers to Luciel as an unknown, a threat. Transhuman responses are already there, unbidden. Adrenaline spikes to heighten an already formidable reaction time. Muscle remembers. Luciel wears his boltgun, an oiled black pit bull of a weapon, in his thigh holster. He can draw, aim and fire in less than a second. The range is six metres, the target unobstructed. There is no chance of missing. Maximus plate, frontally augmented, might stop a mass-reactive shell, so Luciel will fire two and aim for the visor slits. The airgate skin-sleeve is self-repairing, and will survive las-fire damage, but a bolter shot will shred it open, so Luciel also braces for the explosive decompression of a ricochet or a miss-hit. At a simple, subconscious neural urge, boot-sole electromagnets charge to clamp onto the deck plates. Luciel thinks theoretical, but of course there is no theoretical. There is no tactical precedent for a Space Marine to fight a Space Marine. The idea is nonsense. He thinks practical, and that directs him to the visor slits. He can make a clean kill headshot in less than a second and a half, two rounds for kill insurance, and probably protect the atmospheric integrity of the airgate. All this, all this decided, unbidden, instinctive, in less than a nanosecond.- Know no Fear: The Battle at Calth
Once again, another thinking feat

No warning. No damned warning. Just a nanosecond prickle, a sting of intuition, that something isn’t right. A nanosecond. Too little, and too damned late. Mass-reactive rounds slam into the floor and front wall of the listening station module. Mass-reactive rounds fired from below.- Know no Fear: The Battle at Calth
Considering it literally says the nanosecond isn't enough time to react, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that it isn't a valid feat for nanosecond reactions. Also given the full context of the scene, it honestly doesn't mean much:
Ventanus turns. Pauses.
‘What?’ asks Selaton. ‘What’s the matter, sir?’
Ventanus isn’t sure. He opens his mouth to reply.
No warning. No damned warning. Just a nanosecond prickle, a sting of intuition, that something isn’t right.
A nanosecond. Too little, and too damned late.
Mass-reactive rounds slam into the floor and front wall of the listening station module. Mass reactive rounds fired from below
He isn't even reacting to anything in and of itself in that nanosecond, he just has a gut feeling for a nanosecond something is off and someone else straight up has enough time to ask what's wrong before that thing happens.

One endeavour was much like any other to the fabricator general, the requirements of form and function outweighing the need for ceremony and majesty. Yet, here he stood swathed in black robes, a symbol of his allegiance to the Warmaster and his commitment to his cause. Had he not sanctioned Master Adept Urtzi Malevolus to forge Horus’s armour? Had he not also allowed the commissioning of vast quantities of materiel, munitions and the machines of war? Yes, he had done all of this. He had done it because it suited his purposes, the burgeoning desire, or rather intrinsic programming, within the servants of the great machine-god to gradually become one with their slumbering deity. Horus had unfettered Mars in its pursuit of the divine machine, countermanding the Emperor’s chastening. For Kelbor-Hal the question of his allegiance and that of the Mechanicum was one of logic, and had required mere nanoseconds of computation.- Battle For The Abyss: My Brother, My Enemy
Another thinking feat

My lord, if I am to risk my ship and the souls onboard, I would have you tell me what we are up against,’ she said, with no little consternation.
‘I have little idea,’ Cestus confessed, staring into the viewscreen, analysing and appraising tactical protocols in nanoseconds as he considered Kaminska’s question. ‘The Astartes are not privy to the secret works of the Mechanicum, admiral.’ The Ultramarine sensed the challenge from Kaminska, her growing discontent, and was determined to crush it. ‘Suffice to say that the plasma lance was developed as a direct fire close-range weapon for ship-to-ship combat. In any event, it matters not. Your orders are simple,’ said Cestus, turning his steely gaze upon Admiral Kaminska in an attempt to cow her veiled truculence.
‘We are to destroy that ship.’
- Battle For The Abyss: My Brother, My Enemy
Another thinking feat (Already covered above)

They would hit something soon, she was sure of it. That or something would detect them. It was only a matter of time, and as every nanosecond passed the probabilities slid further down towards an abyss of certainty. The Titan Child was deep within the gathering enemy fleet. Her shields were down, her reactors reduced to an ember glow, and her sensors running on so little power that she was almost blind. There were hundreds of ships out there. She had plotted a trajectory through them, but without power she was drifting on momentum alone, unable to move, a dead lump of metal.- Ahriman: Exile

He felt all sense fall away. Everything became distant, just another pattern spinning through the quiet stillness. He could see the possibilities of the next nanosecond, multiply and collapse. He saw the Rubricae climbing over the walls, the molten stone squashing beneath their feet. He saw Astraeos fall. He saw a figure of fire waiting at the end of a billion branching futures. He was the storm, the still point around which the warp turned.- Ahriman: Sorcerer
Both of these are once again thinking feats and hell, that's kind of a stretch even for the first feat considering it's just saying as time passes things become more certain

By then Djeze and Malik had closed in again, wielding their lightning-crowned staffs and hammering them into the daemon's body. Their skill was prodigious, their bravery absolute, their commitment total. They fought as all the Emperor's Angels did - brutal, fast, deadly. Their bionics made them stronger again, bolstering the momentum of every blow and speeding up their reactions by precious nanoseconds. The power of the aether rushed to their aid, enveloping them in curtains of consuming fire, flaring out with each staff-strike and raging against the unholy aegis surrounding the daemon.- Wrath of Iron
This is just them being slightly more enhanced in terms of speed which is why they can keep up with each other.

Having so spoken, the tech-adept moved to the next battle-brother in the line, making room for a second who spoke further blessings to the spirits housed within the armour asking for harmony with the warrior who carried them forth.As the shell of ceramite began to take shape around him, Arrun welcomed the return of its weight. He relished the familiar, and yet slightly unpleasant, feeling of the suits nodes entering the points in his black carapace like probing tendrils. His gene-enhanced body and the armour had long ago attuned to one another and as he flexed his now-gauntleted hand, Arrun revelled briefly in the sensation of feeling invincible.He took a brief moment or two to unconsciously alter his carriage; the design of the power armour necessitated a change in posture after time wearing his shipboard clothing. His back straightened and the servos at work in the armour adjusted to his movements after barely a nanoseconds delay. - Gildar Rift
Blog states this to be hyperbole but even if it wasn't, this isn't a feat for the character, more the armor's own speed in reacting to its wearer's own movements

‘Perhaps the loss of his forge world fiefs has granted Kotov a measure of humility,’ suggested Linya, and Vitali almost laughed.‘I don’t believe that for a nanosecond,’ he said. ‘Do you?’- Priests of Mars
Blog states this could be hyperbole but also not. Honestly, I'm more inclined to believe it is given that "I don't believe that for a second" is a basic expression

Thiel fired his boltgun. His men began shooting too.
In that first moment, in that first eye blink, time hung in the air, as weightless as a bar of sunlight. Guilliman’s transhuman physiology accelerated from nothing to hyperfast response.
Practical. Read. Move. React. Read everything. No other thoughts. Practical.
He read the storm of bolter-rounds spitting from gun barrels. He read the white-hot muzzle flashes almost frozen mid-belch by the suspension of time as his heightened reactions propelled him to a new state of response. He read the mass-reactive shells in the air, travelling, burning towards him–
Guilliman was already moving, already turning. His right hand was grabbing the edge of a heavy sunderwood chart table, and pulling, overturning it.
Practical. Read everything. So many variables, but so few that will make a difference. Extreme close quarters. Outnumbered and outgunned. Not even the slightest margin for error.
Time seeped like resin. The top of the flipping table, heavy as a drawbridge gate and suddenly rising to meet Thiel like a bulldozer blade, took the first four rounds virtually point-blank. The mass-reactive shells detonated, biting vast wounds out of the dense, aged hardwood, filling the air with splinters and burning fibres. One leg of the table came spinning away.
Guilliman was diving sideways behind the exploding tabletop, full-length in mid-air.
The table completed its overturn and crashed against Thiel and the Ultramarines beside him, forcing them to backstep. All of the other visitors were firing. Six bolt-rounds missed the diving primarch, annihilating a section of the high chamber wall and several portraits hanging upon it. Others hit the spilled table and a chair beside it. Another clipped Guilliman’s left shoulder guard and detonated. His plate protected him from the worst of it, but the heat of the nearest detonation scorched his left cheek and the nape of his neck, and shrapnel peppered the side of his face.
He hit the carpet, rolling, his tumble distorted by the glancing impact.
A weapon discharge alarm started screaming. Why so late? The shooting had begun hours before, days before… No, time was just trickling like syrup.- The Unremembered Empire: A Light in the Darkness
The blog uses this as a nanosecond reaction feat off of the notion Guilliman views the bolters as frozen. First off, he doesn't, the scene states he views the muzzle flash as frozen. Secondly, he views the bolters as simply slowed so unless we want to say bolters are also FTL, this wouldn't be a nanosecond feat. Lastly, if we were to say this was a nanosecond feat, it'd still be odd for him to get hit by the shells if he can move at such a speed. In my opinion, it'd be better to just keep this as yet another perception feat and leave it as that.

Thanks to the ruthless precision of his android brain, the pilot can simulate billions of possible strategies in the span of a few nanoseconds
Once again, another thinking feat.

Zandu mouthed a warning, motion and recognition happening in nanoseconds of enhanced cognition, as a firing line of bolters opened up.- Sons of the Forge: Unscarred, Unbroken
This I can see being valid given that it says the other Astartes also moved in those nanoseconds to react to Zandu's warning. However, its a rather massive outlier as even assuming they moved even a centimeter and 0.99 microseconds (just barely keeping with the nanoseconds statement), they'd still be moving at High Hypersonic speeds which is insanely high for mere Astartes. I'm honestly more inclined to think the recognition and motion started in nanoseconds but it didn't actually take them nanoseconds to bring up their guns.

They all carried them, bolters and blades, holstered and sheathed. It was odd to see armed men from the warfront in the heart of the Residency. The only weapons openly carried in the private chambers were those of the Cataphractii escort and the palace guard. But Guilliman could hardly ask these weary veterans to check their trusted weapons at a gatehouse. It would be like asking them to surrender something integral, like a hand or an eye. These were the instruments they had depended on for their lives during their tour in Calth’s Underworld War, they were part of them, extensions of themselves, and to deprive them–
A thought occurred.
‘You lost the sword?’ he asked.
‘Lord?’ Thiel replied.
‘The blade that I loaned you at Calth? The one from my collection?’
‘Yes. Yes, sadly that was lost.’
Such a small detail. Just one among the hundreds of details Guilliman had absorbed in the last three minutes. It was so tiny, so insignificant, it ought to be ignored, but the past two years had taught him that nothing was too small to ignore. It was in his nature, the way he was engineered, to study every single fact available and notice any discrepancy. To read the potential of anything, the way a card player reads tells.
‘Why do you keep your face hidden, Aeonid?’ he asked.
‘My lord–’
‘What kind of sword was it? What type of weapon?’
Thiel did not reply.
His right hand went for the boltgun mag-clamped at his hip.
Guilliman turned cold. Through sheer force of will, he negated dismay, surprise, disappointment, even the desire to curse the fact that he had been tricked, or to vent his hurt at how the treachery had been delivered. There was no practical time for any of those things. They were mere luxuries.
He negated them in an instant, because if he used that instant to indulge in any of them, he would be sacrificing his single, nanosecond opportunity to do one far more important thing.
Which was remain alive.- The Unremembered Empire: A Light in the Darkness
This feat I can also semi-see as being valid given the timeframe, however, it can also be hyperbole at the same time. Also saying he has simply a nanosecond opportunity to run instead of charging at his opponents could also just be seen as a sort of split second decision. Without a proper movement within said nanosecond timeframe no proper speed can really be given.

Picosecond Feats

The Uncreator Gauntlet was originally devised to reverse-engineer lost technologies. When laid upon a machine, xenotech fields are released that cause the construct’s chronology to be wound back. If the timing is accurate to the picosecond, the temporal anomaly can rejuvenate the machine to the prime of its operative lifespan – or go on to reduce it to a neatly arrayed pile of component parts, each ready for the Tech-Priest’s inspection- Codex Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition)
Essentially a massive outlier

We were a picosecond away from target solution when the shield popped. Narler yelled out from his sensori station: “Shield gone, shield gone!”- Titanicus
Was considered by the blog to not be literal

Twenty skitarii followed the archmagos, armoured in non-reflective carapace that seamlessly shifted in sync with their movements. Cog-toothed Mechanicus skulls were rivet-stamped to each shoulder, alongside scaled scorpions and azure spiders. Dahan’s warriors normally eschewed the wearing of barbaric totems, but Kotov noted that two had fashioned leathery-looking cloaks from what passive receptors told him was human skin. It was the work of a picosecond to match its DNA profile with that of the batch-grown skin curtains found in the Valette infirmary.- Lords of Mars
Seems more like a feat for the scanner tech

Kotov hadn’t, but as more and more of his systems reset, he began picking out desperate bursts of communication transmitted from orbit via the Tabularium. Though it sent a flare of pain through his skull, Kotov processed the most urgent of them in three picoseconds.- Lords of Mars
Another processing feat

‘Finally, you have your cohesion,’ said Dahan, recognising the appearance of a higher command authority within the enemy ranks and finding that he had been anticipating this moment.
It took him less than a picosecond to see the new objective of the enemy forces and realise that Captain Hawkins had been correct.- Gods of Mars
Another processing feat

'I recommend an immediate withdrawal,' Cawl stated, data-pulsing a pict capture of the rising swarm to his mistress. 'See what ascends, domina.'Aspertia spared a picosecond of consideration. During that brief time she appraised the tactical situation herself, and performed an analysis of the extractors' progress.<Negative,> she canted, so everyone could hear her dismissal of Cawl's suggestion. <We have not reached resource parity for this mission. Departing now would result in a net loss to the Mechanicum. Remain. Fight.>- Wolfsbane: The Wyrd Spear Cast
Another processing feat
Zeptosecond Feats

The warrior in orange and black armor shouted. The automaton stepped forwards, piston driven limbs shaking the deck. The cannon on its shoulder swiveled. The prisoner could feel the dark energy dancing in the weapon. It knew its shape and taste, old and familiar from wars that had scarred the stars when they were young. The gun weapon drew breath to fire. The prisoner’s senses traced the distances between every point in the room and sliced time down until only the decay of atoms marked its passing. The short distance from it to the automaton’s gun, from the automaton to its masters, from those masters to the door. Every measured value became like crystal, every facet and plane extending through countless dimensions.- Ahriman: Key of Infinity
At best this is a feat for slowing down time, not a speed/reaction feat.

Valid Reaction Feats (But Also Why They Shouldn't Be Used)

So this will be all the feats that seem valid within the blog from above:

Microsecond Feats

Sorot Tchure hears the noise his master makes. He is focused on his combat with the Ultramarines raiders, but he cannot help but turn his eyes for a second. Less than a second. A microsecond.
Thiel sees his opening. His practical. It is infinitesimal, a tiny crack in the Word Bearer's guard. It lasts a microsecond, and it will not be repeated.
He puts his sword through it.- Know No Fear: The Battle at Calth
Actually involves someone moving within said timeframe and reacting to it so it seems to be an actual reaction feat but it's also a massive outlier.

We rained blows at each other, drawing sparks and little curls of vapour from the blade edges. I tried a low swing, but he leapt over it, and alternated a series of scissoring blows that drove me backwards across the dusty ground. I thought my feet would slip. He was a whirlwind.
I saw my moment. Barbarisater saw it too. A slight underswing on his blade return that opened a gap for a sar aht uht, a slice to the heart, just for a microsecond.
I thrust in, putting all my will into the blade. Somehow, dazzlingly, he still managed to turn Kharnager and block me.Barbarisater struck the daemonsword and broke in half.- Malleus
Similar to the above, a weakness reveals itself for a microsecond and Eisenhorn notices and tries to capitalize on it. However, given the context, it's possible that this is less Eisenhorn himself and more his sword, Barbarisater, mainly because one, it's a sentient sword, and two, its possible that the sword is the one technically performing the feats, such as here where it explicitly states the sword swatted the bullet away. Meanwhile without it, he's shown to barely be able to dodge an attack from a Space Marine and only beat the marine by tricking him.

Out of long habit, virtually unconsciously, I reached a judgement on the fastest method of killing him. I found the optimal results – less than a microsecond of effort required – slightly amusing. - Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion

We slammed together, and the impact rippled the stone around us. Our weapons crunched into a brace-lock, showering plasma over both of us. I swung away, hilt-first, and smashed him back a pace. He shoved back, aiming to ram the fizzing hammerhead into my chest.
He nearly connected. I judged his weapon was within a few microseconds of an impact that would have cracked my auramite breastplate. That interval, however, was comfortably sufficient to spin my blade over in my grip, ram the spear tip into the Traitor’s gorget and fire at point-blank range. - Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion
Both of these actually involve the character, Valerian, moving, or saying he could move, within microseconds. However, it's also kind of an outlier and really only appears within this book so I'm kind of wary of using it.

The gue’ron’sha war-leader was coming around, looking right in her direction despite her stealth field. She levelled her fusion blasters and loosed parallel shots right at him. As the vaporising blasts hit his bike, the vehicle burst apart in an explosion of molten metal and steam. Somehow, though, the warrior had hurled himself free a matter of microseconds before the shot hit home.- Damocles
Kor'sarro does actually dodge, though given it states that he seemingly knows where she is, I'm inclined to believe he may have just anticipated the attack beforehand. The only reason its here is because its technically an actual dodging feat.

Summarizing Additional Speed Feats and Debunking Others

Now this is to summarize all the speed feats I've found. It's going to be a list of either calcs or simply statements relevant for scaling. Normally I'd get some of these approved but the ones that I didn't are the ones that I'm debunking/outliers/were done under specific circumstances so I don't see the need to. Additionally, I'll list out the speed it would give next to it in parenthesis and the source if its a scan:

Feats

Debunking Feats

My Proposals

So, this is going to be summarizing my final proposals for the speed scaling in 40K. Now, these are my proposals for the characters as to avoid outliers and to just fit in with the numerous antifeats:

Astartes (Generic nameless veteran Astartes): Subsonic movement speed with at least Hypersonic combat and reaction speed (Scales to veteran Astartes who can react to and block bolter rounds)

High to Top Tier Astartes (Most Captains, Chapter Masters, or other specific exceptional Astartes characters): At least Subsonic movement speed (Should be faster than normal Astartes) with at least Hypersonic combat and reaction speed (Superior to standard Astartes but still within a similar speed level) and FTL perception speed (Skilled veteran Astartes can perceive and analyze information in nanoseconds)

Custodes (Only really effects Custodes): At least Subsonic movement speed with at least Hypersonic, likely higher combat and reaction speed (Superior to even the best Astartes. Nathaniel Garro, a skilled Captain of the Death Guard, was quickly pushed to his limits by a casual Custodes who was trying to toy with him) and FTL perception speed (Should hold similar if not superior perception speed to even the best Astartes)

Primarchs/Primarch Tier: Transonic movement speed (Comparable to Fulgrim who could move faster than sound could reach him. Angron was able to blitz Kharn and strike him before he could even react) with at least Hypersonic, likely far higher combat and reaction speed (Superior to Marines. Comparable to Curze who could slice bolt rounds at point blank range) with Massively FTL+ perception speed (Should be superior to Arkio who, while wielding the Spear of Telesto and a fragment of Sanguinius' power, was able to perceive lasers as frozen)

Emperor: At least Transonic movement speed with at least Hypersonic, likely far higher combat and reaction speed (Superior to his sons)

Other Pages

Now onto the other pages. First off however, on the Astartes page I'll be changing the "likely much higher for older, more skilled veterans" to "up to FTL perception speed for older, more skilled veterans" just to fit in with the proposals above. The same goes for the Primaris page and the Legion of the Damned page.
Now, I'm just going to list which characters go into which category and what stat they'd get for their combat speed assuming they don't already have a sandbox. If they do have a sandbox, they won't be changed until after this when their own CRTs go live. Any Astartes pages below will get the FTL perception speed as stated above.
At least Hypersonic combat and reaction speed:

(First Key)
At least Hypersonic, likely higher combat and reaction speed:
(Second and Third)
At least Hypersonic, likely far higher combat and reaction speed:
(Scales to Abaddon)

This profile is just going to have the combat and reactions changed to just perception since it's just a thought based speed feat.

AP Section:

Since it was already agreed upon that changes would be happening to the AP in the previous thread, this will just be saying who goes where. It'll be separated into three categories, physical tiers, psychic tiers for psykers, though there aren't many who fit in that category considering we don't have that many psyker pages, and Eye of Terror keys for those who have feats listed on their profiles regarding the Eye of Terror. Like the previous speed section, these are for pages without sandboxes already and those with them will be changed later. Anyways, here we go:

Physical Tiers

Characters in these will be listed as either at least 8-C, at least High 8-C, or at least 8-B. To just boil it down, they're either scaling above Astartes in some way, generic Greater Daemons which can harm Custodes (Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor’s Legion), or just scaling to a pre-existing at least 8-B or soon to be at least 8-B. Any character who happens to have higher durability than their AP, specifically Terminators, will be noted in a separate section. Anyone who has specific stats for certain abilities/equipment will have it listed alongside their name.

Also, before it is potentially asked, Daemon Princes are not automatically 8-B. The Daemon Prince who performed said 8-B feat was one of the stronger ones and like most Daemons they can potentially vary in power. So no, generic Daemon Princes like M'kar will not be 8-B and that won't downscale to everyone else. Additionally, while for the most part, most characters who perform extremely high level feats are usually doing so via power weapons and the like, certain characters are generally displayed as being within that tier physically, such as Phoenix Lords, and thus will just get that tier.

Anyways, onto the placements:

(Will have an "up to 5-B" tier for his weapon)
(Will be High 8-C+ for fusion blasters)
(First Key)

(Simply scales to normal Custodes)

(Capable of harming Calgar)
(Mutalith Vortex Beast key which scales to their actual page)
(Second and Third Key)
(Should be changed since he doesn't fight a named, top tier Greater Daemon)

(Downscales from Mortarion due to him being able to physically clash with him and their strength being in a standstill during said clash (The Buried Dagger))

Psychic Tiers

So these are the psychic tiers. They'll be listed after the physical tiers and to just illustrate an example, they'd look something like this:

Tier: Insert Tier physically. Varies from Insert Tier to Insert Tier with psychic abilities
or
Tier: Insert Tier physically. Varies up to Insert Tier with psychic abilities
This just depends on their feats or who they upscale from.

Proposed tiers are below:
(As a farseer, she should be superior to Primaris Psykers who can cut apart reinforced ceramite with their psychic power (Codex: Astra Militarum (8th Edition); pg 69)
(Outside of that I can't really say much else as I don't know the majority of her feats and I haven't played Dawn of War so yeah)

(Fought a Lord of Change)
(Scales to Voldus)

(Space Wolf Terminators weren't safe from Ahriman's sorceries (Wrath of Magnus; pg 101). It's stated he's spun entire worlds before tearing their sun from reality (Warlords of the Dark Millennium: Ahriman). Should be at the very least comparable to servants of Tzeentch who caused suns to nova (Dataslate: Space Marines Strike Force Ultra) as well as warp-magos who can cause stars to go out (The Horus Heresy Book V: Tempest; pg 145))
(Comparable to Ahriman)

(Could fight with Abaddon the Despoiler. Stated to have psychic power comparable to that of the Emperor just on a smaller scale so he should be far above the likes of Ahriman)

Eye of Terror and Warp Tiers

These characters, well, really only one, get a new key for being able to face down Greater Daemons within the Eye of Terror, a realm in which even Bloodthirsters can grow to the size of solar systems (Eye of Terror) and Lords of Change can create rose clusters. As such anyone here gets 4-B physical stats though their speed remains the same. These characters being:

Now these characters, again really only one, get a new key for being able to fight Daemons in the Warp, where Daemons and other powerful psychic entities can manipulate it as they see fit. His physical stats, both AP and Speed, would thus scale to the other Greater Daemons. So yeah the guy who gets this tier is:
(Capable of killing Greater Daemons in the Warp)

Titans​

Now, we have two Titan profiles currently and those stats are going to have to change so I'll just dump them in here:

Warlord Titan

For the first key I'm going to propose the following stats:
Tier: At least 8-B physically. Varies from High 8-C to 8-B with most weaponry. Varies from 8-A to High 7-C via Volcano Cannons

Attack Potency: At least City Block level physically (Superior to Warhound Titans which were going to kill Angron). Varies from Large Building level (Vulcan Mega Bolters are capable of damaging Land Raiders) to City Block level+ with most weaponry (Titan weapons can knock back a Daemonic Angron. The six barrels of two laser blasters were said to be able to vaporize a tank and shake a Hive City). Varies from Multi-City Block level+ (Volcano Cannons utilized by Warlord Titans, have a yield of four terawatts of energy) to Large Town level via Volcano Cannons (Stronger Volcano Cannons can have a yield of up to five hundred terawatts)

Striking Strength: At least City Block level

Durability:
At least City Block level physically. At least Multi-City Block level+ (The Void Shields of weaker Warhound Titans can endure a shot from a Volcano Cannon. The Void Shields of Warlord Titans are likely superior to those), likely Island level with Void Shields (Void Shields were stated to be capable of surviving orbital bombardment when their shields are at full power and have shown themselves to be able to do so, with standard weapon-batteries upon ships being this powerful. Depending on the strength of the Volcano Cannon which was blocked by the Warhound's shields, it could've been blocking up to 500 terawatts of energy)

The second key for the Warlord Titan should be the exact same given they're physically the same and possess the same weapons, just with this added:
Tier: At least 8-B physically. Varies from High 8-C to 8-B with most weaponry. Varies from 8-A to High 7-C via Volcano Cannons. Varies up to at least 8-B with psychic abilities

Attack Potency: At least City Block level physically. Varies from Large Building level to City Block level+ with most weaponry. Varies from Multi-City Block level+ to Large Town level via Volcano Cannons (Comparable to standard Warlord Titans). Varies up to at least City Block level with psychic abilities. Powered by several chained Alpha-level psykers, which the power of only one is capable of destroying whole worlds and snapping other Battle Titans in two)

Emperor Titan

Now for this, I'll propose this:
Tier: At least 8-B physically. Varies from 8-B to 8-A with carapace weaponry. 8-A, likely 6-C with arm-mounted weaponry

Attack Potency: At least City Block level physically (Superior to Warhound Titans which were going to kill Angron). Varies from City Block level (Emperor Class Titans have access to Melta Cannons which should be far superior to Melta-Rifles. The six barrels of two laser blasters were said to be able to vaporize a tank and shake a Hive City) to Multi-City Block level. Multi-City Block level+, likely Island level with arm-mounted weaponry (The weapons upon the arms of an Emperor Class Titan should be far greater than those upon a Warlord-class Titan. A single volley from a Hellstorm Cannon can instantly strip away the Void Shields of a lesser Titan)

Striking Strength: At least City Block level

Durability:
At least City Block level physically. At least Multi-City Block level+ (The Void Shields of weaker Warhound Titans can endure a shot from a Volcano Cannon), likely Island level with Void Shields (Void Shields were stated to be capable of surviving orbital bombardment when their shields are at full power and have shown themselves to be able to do so, with standard weapon-batteries upon ships being this powerful. Depending on the strength of the Volcano Cannon which was blocked by the Warhound's shields, it could've been blocking up to 500 terawatts of energy)

High 6-C Fixes​

Now, lastly, there's some profiles that for some reason still have High 6-C as their stats despite that being downgraded to High 8-C a long while ago. Below I'm going to list the ones not already listed above that will be changed to that and list what tier they should get beside them:

Asdrubael Vect (High 6-C should be changed to At least High 8-C, likely 8-B for being able to damage Titans which can survive attacks from plasma weaponry and can physically harm Primarchs though through an unknown number of shots)

Genestealers (High 6-C should just be changed to High 8-C)

So the time has finally come huh… obviously as we have discussed all this before I agree with the changes made. As is tradition with 40k threads, nice work as always Abby.

Last edited:
Agree with speed stuff, without getting into the nitty gritty of that really long debunk of Matt's old work.

People more knowledgeable than me have addressed the tiering sections, so all I'll say is that from my very limited knowledge it looks basically okay.

Speed downgrade is whatever. But what tier are you planning on having characters on Primarch levels. People like Daemon Angron (Who is below Sanguinius) have some absolutely insane feats even when not inside any Warp Storm.
Daemons already have the good old built in mechanic of having variable power thanks to amount of warp exposure, what weapon is being used against them, metaphorical bs, etc but he has his own 8-B+ feat which will scale to him, Sanguinius (cause he killed him), and Vulkan (him being the strongest primarch physically). Outside of 8-B+ he has a varied key and goes up to tier 6 (via his various recent ship feats + breaking through a fortress' void shield)

Rest of the primarchs will just be At least 8-B scaling on a similar level to top tier greater daemons who are superior to top tier daemon princes and also downscaling from the 8-B+ value.

So where would chaos horus and big E be tiered
That's for a later CRT but the rundown is 8-B+ scaling above Sanguinius and Daemon Horus in their normal keys and both have another key for Operation Anabasis (vengeful spirit fight) where they're 4-B for their supernova feat plus Emps tanking and absorbing attacks "stronger than every warp event in human history" which would include the stuff that happened in the ruinstorm

Chaos Horus and Emperor during their fight are universal lmao
Eh I debated making them Low 2-C but avoided making them that specifically cause they didn't explicitly perform any feats on that level physically (though Horus is low 2-c via psychic powers cause he balled up all of space and time)

Outerversal, it takes place in the warp lol
I thought that at first, also told you that before Vol III dropped, but once Vol III dropped it specifically said Terra wasn't fully in the Warp yet, just really ******* saturated so yay, new key.

Their first clash of weapons shatters the infinite sized realm where they are (Horus’s Court). At least 4-B, likely Low 2-C for that key is fair
It's arguable. Even the moment that happens Leetu also comments:
The Court itself is no longer the dark cathedral Leetu entered at the Emperor’s side. He sees that now. The infinite architecture of the first-found’s temple of Ruin must have been shattered by the force of that initial, bomb-blast collision, or else Horus has allowed the black, fractal madness to de-manifest so he can concentrate all his power on the battle. Now revealed is the vast compartment of a once-regal warship. It is peeling and decayed. The pale deck of ouslite and flecked marble is pitted and scored. The brass walls and black pipework are rusted, and the riveted seams crusted with corrosion. There were banners hung on the walls, the standards of proud companies, Leetu imagines, but they have all burned away, leaving nothing but their scorched cross-spars and frames. Only one remains, the Eye of Terra, the rallying symbol of the Great Crusade, charred and threadbare
Also I don't think it'd be Low 2-C. Time didn't resume or change really after that so they're only effecting 3D space so it'd just be High 3-A. If anything I'll just change it to 4-B, possibly High 3-A (Horus still gets the Low 2-C with psychic powers)

There’s also one line that implies that the final strike that killed Horus’s is more powerful than the Big Bang but that is super contentious and vague (It says that the light is “greater than all creation”)
Eh I'll just dump that in with the possibly then.

Okay now any more stuff referring to Emps and Horus should be moved to the general thread so I can clarify things without cluttering this thread.

Last edited:
Didn’t some calcs get way higher
Some of the calcs I got go up to tier 7 (some usable, some not) but I’m still mulling around with those and also trying to find more feats of the same caliber before I try and implement it. Also cause I want some relative consistency between the character tiers.

I also just wanted to get this through first since it’s better to have this as a framework first. Also cause I’m impatient and tired of waiting to drop this CRT

Also why is Eldrad with psyker powers High 4-C and not 4-B? Are 4-B calcs no longer valid?
The 4-B calcs are for feats within the eye of terror. Issue with that is in there psychic powers are far more potent than in the materium. He still upscales from dudes like Ahriman with star related feats which is why he’s high 4-c

Also can't Greater Demons be 5-B with enough warp juice even outside the Eye of Terror? Im pretty sure some characters fight those demons even without psyker powers.
Probably, 40k is held back by having vastly more anti-feats then consistent tier 5 shit though.

Higher tiers will likely be upgraded later from a more reasonable baseline (the 8-B stuff) at a later stage but we mostly trying to establish a good place to work from instead of choosing the best possible feats, interpereting them as liberally as possible and scaling everyone to them which lead us to tier 5 Space Marine heroes which is just wank when they can be damaged by Bolters.

Also can't Greater Demons be 5-B with enough warp juice even outside the Eye of Terror? Im pretty sure some characters fight those demons even without psyker powers.
Basically what Blackcurrant said combined with the fact most of those 5-B feats are more planetary corruption than actual AP and a singular skarbrand feat where he slams through the Blackstone fortress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back