• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded a Cato Sicarius Lore & Rule book. He defeated the Daemon Prince M'kar in single combat.

Wouldn't he also be stronger than Tuska Daemon-Killa, who managed to kill Bloodthirsters while inside the Eye of Terror?

Old thread was getting big. Other then the Vulcan feat i'm gonna need another for him,a page like his could be knocked easy the more info I have.

i got various Abaddon artworks, want me to upload them?

i even got one with a signature, if i upload it can someone take a look at it, to see who drew it?

By the way, just finished Ciaphas Cain's novels after reading two Horus Heresy books.

I must say, I love Cain. He's one swell dude.

I skimmed through the ebook. It like, actually cuts plot points from the games rather than expand them and is 80% action scenes, rather than, you know, expand on the plot of the game with new dialogue scenes like all novelizations do.

It cuts the Storm Prince prophecy almost completely, for instance. The Greater Daemon is never named nor expanded upon and mostly just comes out of nowhere.

I also thought they'd spend more time on dialogue between Gabriel and Macha to make their alliance more believable, as opposed to the game where it just happens after a brief dialogue, but nope, they put no effort into it.

Wow.

I'm a bit disappointed. Usually books are more detailed than their sources. That's one of the main reasons I prefer reading stuff than watching.

Yeah.

The novelizations of the old Dawn of War games, even if written by he-who-will-not-be-named, actually significantly expand on the Game's plot, lore and character development.

This one does nothing.

@Matt, so you think Macniven is kind of a hack? because, i think he got a tiny bit of a ego, question can the Abaddon page be unlocked so i might upload the images?

Shapes raged in the flames ― shadows and suggestions doing battle with the daemons, their fiery forms indistinct and ever-changing. The fire-born avatars of fallen Ten Thousand, knee-deep in psychic fire and thrusting with lances of flame. The silhouettes of Space Marines, the betrayed dead of Isstvan bearing axes and blades and claws; half-seen sigils of slaughtered Legions obscured by the ash of their blackened armour. A giant among giants, its great hands bared and ready as it seared forwards at the crest of the tidal fire. The tenth son of a dying empire, so briefly reborn in his father's immolating wrath.
- Master of Mankind

So, The Emperor can summon dead Marines and Ferrus Manus as Warp-Entities to fight with him.

Just finished Lemartes: Guardian of the Lost (which was for some reason renamed to just Lemartes upon wide release but whatever). There are an absolutely hilarious amount of Tier 6 feats in it, most of which are done merely to be able to perform part of a Greater Daemon's summoning ritual.

LOL

also this quote: "There are a thousand men under my command who would lead my fleet before you entered into my consideration, Blackheart. Until you take to your knee before me, you will not so much as set foot on one of my ships, let alone command one. Are you prepared to do that, pirate? Here and now. Bend your knee and bow before me to pledge your allegiance and that of your band of renegades to the Black Legion? Willingly, and without query or reward, make a gift to me of your spacecraft and engines of war? (...) Of course not, for you are nothing more than an aspiring usurper. One eye constantly on my mantle of Warmaster, the other on your back lest you find a blade sticking in it. For the time being, you are useful, Blackheart. The instant that situation changes, our arrangement will be at an end and you will be considered an enemy once more."

i do not know from where it is, BTW

i FOUND MORE!

>During the long years of the Seventh Black Crusade, the full might of the Blood Angels Chapter falls upon a vast Black Legion warband on the world of Mackan. Although the conflict ultimately ends in the near-extinction of the Blood Angels at the hands of Abaddon the Despoiler and his primary lieutenants ― the sorcerer-lord Iskandar Khayon and the swordmaster Telemachon Lyras ― the Blood Angels Reclusiarch Thalastian Jorus becomes one of the few Imperial heroes to ever land a blow against the Warmaster of Chaos.'

>With his Chapter devastated, the Chaplain endures weeks of hardship in the wilderness and the constant trials of keeping his crazed warriors undetected on Mackan. When the time is right, Jorus leads his Death Company in a lightning raid behind enemy lines, butchering the unprepared sworn warriors of the Despoiler's honour guard, and allowing the Reclusiarch to lock blades with Abaddon himself. It is said the Warmaster still bears the scars of that battle, even three millennia later.

>Whatever the truth of the matter, it is known that the Despoiler honoured Jorus once the war was over ― perhaps in mockery, or perhaps with nothing but sincerity. After Mackan, thousands of Blood Angels corpses were desecrated, their gene-seed ruined beyond recovery. Of all the Chapter, only a handful of bodies were left undefiled: Reclusiarch Jorus and his Death Company, clad in their battered and broken black ceramite, seated in makeshift thrones made from the armour of those Black Legion warriors they had killed on that fateful night.

@Matt

Pretty much. Here are some notable ones.

• The Prophet of Blood (who is just a regular human acting as a conduit for a summoning ritual) creates a pillar of blood that reaches past the atmosphere and pulls small moons into the planet.
"They entered the cloud cover, then climbed beyond it. They reached the roof of the apex spire, and they gazed at the pillar of blood. It now dwarfed Profundis. Night was falling once again, and the blood reached up to the stars. At a height that Khevrak judged must be beyond Phlegethon's atmosphere, the blood spread tendrils across the firmament.

'It is grasping the stars,' Lhessek said, his voice filled with wonder at the power of their god.

'Soon it will pull them down,' Dhassaran said.

Soon, Khevrak throught, the voice of the Prophet echoing in his mind.

The tendrils formed coils around glints of light. For a moment, Khevrak throught they really were grasping the stars. Then the light moved. Phlegethon's cloud of moons, he realised. The blood was grasping the moons.

And then the Prophet's voice was not an echo. It was real. A single human voice, given the same power as the great fountain of blood, boomed up from the distant, unseen surface beneath the clouds. It cried a single, ectatic word.

Fall!
"

• Even though these are the planet's "small" moons, some that come down are still the size of mountains.
"Red streaks in the black of night. It takes me a moment to realise that what I see is real and not the Rage eating at my vision. There is fire beyond the clouds. Something is coming. From horizon to horizon, the glow and pulse and slash of a legion of descents.

When the streaks pierce the cloud cover, there is only a brief moment between realisation and disaster. My consciousness struggles to encompass the scale of the attack. The sky turns to fire and rock. A swarm of meteors descends upon us. Masses of all sizes rain down. Some will burn up before they hit the ground. Some are as big as gunships. Near the horizon, I see a plummeting mountain.

Then the meteor storm strikes the surface of Phlegethon.

All is flame.

And the voice.
"

• A moon around the estimated size of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs hits and does this.
"A moon several kilometres wide hit the ocean south of the equator, within sight of the coastal city of Penitence. The city did not tower like Profundis. It spread its hundreds of millions over a region a thousand kilometres on a side. The blast hit with a wind of seven thousand kilometres per hour. It levelled all the spires. Ten million inhabitants died in an instant. Those who survived, in stronger habs or in the underhive, lived a few more minutes. The wave arrived. A hundred metres high, it brought the ocean with it. It swept over Penitence, scouring it from the earth, reaching deep into the city's roots to drown all who hid and trembled there."

• Lemartes realizing that all this destruction is absolutely nothing but the means to an end, meaning what is summoned will have far more power than is being displayed, now.
"Something is coming. I heart its footsteps behind the beat of the meteorite impacts. I hear them in the promises and welcomes of the Prophet of Blood. If we wait, the Blood Disciples will complete their ritual. All that has happened is a means to an end. We must prevent that end from manifesting."

• Had one of the larger moons been thrown, it would have sunk the continent. Lemartes later confirms the reason the Prophet didn't just destroy the planet with the moons is because it wouldn't have been useful.
"Lhessek grunted. 'Chance could finish them for us. One large impact.'

There is no chance.' Dhassaran raised his arms. 'Profundis crumbles. The enemy is battered. And not a single meteorite falls close enough to do our position any damage. Is that chance? There are moons in orbit large enough to sink this continent. They do not fall. Is this chance?'
"

• Near the completion of the ritual, the blood spreads over the entire planet, turning it into a ball an orb of blood.
"The blood fell everywhere. Over the plains of Profundis. Over the burning ruins of Corymbus. Over every land mass of Phlegethon. Over the oceans too, and where the blood touched water, the water became blood. Billions had died when the moons had plunged to the surface. Bullions had survived, the alchemy of tragedy taking despair, grief and terror and turning them into rage. And now the billions drowned. Flash floods roared through ruined streets. The underhives filled rapidly, subterranean oceans rising in the darkness. Craters became lakes. Plains became seas."

• All of this has been nothing but a sacrifice to summon a daemon.
"Rage had draped the planet. Rage had spilled blood, so much blood that it covered the globe. Phlegethon became the perfect sacrifice for the Blood God."

• Skarbrand, after being summoned, shakes the planet just by roaring.
"The colossus of rage roared, and the planet shook."

• Skarbrand hits the planet and splits it open.
"What gods they worshipped had answered them. The daemon raised its axes again, and Phlegeton began to tear itself open."

• Skarbrand lights the planet on fire with his rage.
"We are too late. Skarbrand roars again, and from the span of his wings comes a great crimson fire. It spreads wider as it streams from him. It envelops us all. It is burning blood. Blinded, coated with the flaming vitae, I drop to the ground again. I wipe the flames from my helmet, but all I can see is the fire. Its propagation is a storm. All the blood, on the ground and in the air, combusts.

The battlefield is consumed by burning wrath.
"

• The best part about all of this is that during this whole event, Skarbrand is extremely weakened. So weakened in fact, by a very specific weakness, that he can barely hold his form together.
"The answer comes to me. Why would Traitors seek redemption? What makes a daemon desperate?

Betrayal.

Somehow, in some form, Skarbrand and the Blood Disciples are wracked with regret for a betrayal. I do not have to know its nature. It is enough to know the weakness is there. And in that moment, the warriors of the Death Company believe themselves to be avenging the greatest betrayal in our history.

Our shells are striking Skarbrand with the force of justice. Justice for betrayal. We strike at the daemon's weakness: his consciousness of sin.
"

"And the sin of the daemon overwhelms his material form. With a howl to blot out all light, he loses the coherence of his rage. He explodes. And all realities disappear in the instant of absolute conflagration."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back