• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you do need to reload at some point, but that's in a future where there isn't a second in battle in which you aren't rapidly firing your Lasgun.

On one charge while purposefully not recharging, you still put out more than 10k shots.

It's also charged by literally just being under light or put in heat, so there's that.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I mean, you do need to reload at some point, but that's in a future where there isn't a second in battle in which you aren't rapidly firing your Lasgun.
On one charge while purposefully not recharging, you still put out more than 10k shots.

It's also charged by literally just being under light or put in heat, so there's that.
hey Az, sorry for bothering you but two questions:

1) why does the screen tilt when i quote?

2) should both Total Warhammers be taken into question for future profiles alongside both Vermintides?

I was in the Library of Ancients when he found me. I had been so engrossed in the tome before me that I only heard his distinctive approach from thirty metres away, far less than was required by standard battle-readiness.
He saw what I was reading, raised an eyebrow, then sat opposite me. All around us, the vast library continued in its ancient rhythms ― the shuffle of robes, the tick of iron-tipped fingers, the echoing thud of volumes being replaced on the high shelves.
'The Master of Mankind,' Navradaran read, softly. 'Diocletian Exemplar. You must have read it many times.'
'Just once. A long time ago.'
'Does it give you answers?'
I slowly turned the great pages, each one a single sheet of thick vellum inscribed in faded inks. This was a copy of a copy of a copy, yet still more than five thousand years old.
'It tells me that our service was not always like this,' I said. 'We were not always fighting with silence.'
Navradaran nodded. 'And yet, even then, there was error.'

10/10 reference.

I had a man delivered to my care some weeks ago,' she said. 'He was sent up to me by a watch division of the south-eastern wall sector. I think he was detained by a Custodian, one whom you may possibly know, but that is unimportant. What is important is this ― he was no ranting demagogue. He was steeped in the kind of corruption I've only seen on worlds far from here and riddled with the warp. And once we applied the instruments, we began to understand what has been happening.'
I couldn't look away. Arx had the air of a woman who had nothing more to lose ― the almost fey resolve of the damned.
'He knew so much,' she went on. 'He knew things even my adepts don't. There's a blind and mutilated sorcerer down in the gaols calling himself Iskandar Khayon, and others, and they're all in agreement to a startling degree. They're telling us all we could ever wish to know, these people, because they aren't afraid of anything any more. They're telling us of the Crimson Path. They're telling us of the Great Rift. They're telling us things that weren't possible before are possible now, and it's becoming hard not to believe them.'
'They're lying.'
'No, chancellor. They're not. Why would they?' She pressed her palms together. 'Every war we've ever fought, every crusade we've ever launched, every Black Crusade we've ever fended off, it's all been leading up to this. Ask your Custodian friends ― they know it too. That's why they're paralysed by doubt. They know things we've forgotten. It all rests on this moment. Our decisions now can damn us.

10/10 reference No.2

Khayon: I'm not lying.

Inquisition: He's not lying.

Custodians: He's not lying.

Fanbase: He's totally lying.

-thing Khayon said would split the galaxy in half proceeds to split galaxy in half-

Fanbase: He was lying about everything else.

@Azathoth

I literally just finished Watchers of the Throne.

It's a ******* amazing book. You need to listen to the audiobook.

It stars three protagonists:

• Lev Tieron: Chancellor of the Imperial Council, an obscenely rich overweight middle-aged man who is nevertheless very competent in his job and is frustrated with how shitty the Imperial Bureaucracy is, and wants to change things (He is the first to propose releasing the Custodes from Terra)
  • Valerian: Shield-Captain of the Custodes who is more of a theologian and a philosopher than a warrior. He gets involved first hand with Tieron's political plans and is one of the first to actively leave the palace.
  • Tanau Aleya: Sister of Silence of a convent destroyed by the Black Legion, who is being taken back to Terra alongside other survivors on a Black Ship. She is pissed as **** at the whole universe and doesn't want to hear shit from anyone.
The book alternates from first person narrations by each of them, and the Audiobook has three narrators, one for each character.

Can I show you a chapter from it? One that is early on, doesn't spoil much, and will convince you to read shit.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Tyranid Codex came out.
Bruh, injured Commander Dante killed the Swarmlord.
Space Marines always have plot shields.

But there is awesome stuff as well:

Tyranids have both their own null fields and telepathic connection. Also their null fields are powerful enough to close chaos portals as well.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142728/6140886-000.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142728/6140899-001.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142728/6140900-002.jpg

i wish to lay this from what i found on the Call of Cadia codex, it may show the truth once and for all about the infamous Black Crusades:

"In a council of war held within the remains of Kasr Kraf's command bastion, Cawl laid out the scope of his discoveries on Eriad.

Few understood the detail of his theories.The Archmagos constantly slipped into and out of the buzzing binaric cant of the Omnissiah, and even those parts of the explanation'rendered in High Gothic dealt in subjects so arcane that Cawl might as'well not have shared them at all.

Yet the singular, awful truth was plain enough.

For long aeons, the Cadian pylons, and others like them, had held the galaxy together.

Without them, the tides of the Immaterium would consume all.

Abaddon had spent ten thousand years obliterating the pylon fields, weakening the stitches holding reality together.

None present wanted to believe Cawl's words, but the clarion of t ruth has a sound peculiar to itself.

Moreover, the theory made new sense of so much. The rising darkness of the passing millennia.

The ever-increasing prevalence of Warp storms.

The Despoiler's obsession with Cadia.

Abaddon's Black Crusades, so long dismissed as failures ― if ones greatly'to the Imperium's cost ― had been the product of strategy more layered than any had believed.

Cancephalus. Arkreath. Kromarch. The Gothic War.

For millennia, they had been viewed as causes in and of themselves. Now they were revealed as camofluage for Abaddon's true agenda, one envisioned by an immortal's eye in the prosecution of a war without end."

The Aegis Diamondo was a field of ice that filled the ship's oculus and displays, an uncountable number of objects tinted a rose pink by the light of the Red Scar. The ices were compressed to unimaginable density by temperatures that, somehow, exceeded absolute zero. It was a total barrier to Imperial shipping. Anything that attempted passage was frozen out of existence. The Aegis' presence forced a risky in-system warp exit. The resources of the Cryptus System had been so vast that the inevitable losses had been regarded as acceptable. It had been hoped that it would provide an uncrossable barrier to the tyranids. The deployment of any military force to Cryptus at all evidenced unusual foresight on the part of the High Lords.
Source: Dante

Imperium has Colder-than-Absolute Zero tech. Likely remnant from the Dark Age of Technology.

Matthew Schroeder said:
:The Aegis Diamondo was a field of ice that filled the ship's oculus and displays, an uncountable number of objects tinted a rose pink by the light of the Red Scar. The ices were compressed to unimaginable density by temperatures that, somehow, exceeded absolute zero. It was a total barrier to Imperial shipping. Anything that attempted passage was frozen out of existence. The Aegis' presence forced a risky in-system warp exit. The resources of the Cryptus System had been so vast that the inevitable losses had been regarded as acceptable. It had been hoped that it would provide an uncrossable barrier to the tyranids. The deployment of any military force to Cryptus at all evidenced unusual foresight on the part of the High Lords.:Source: Dante
Imperium has Colder-than-Absolute Zero tech. Likely remnant from the Dark Age of Technology.
Matt, what do you think of my discovery?

Ka'Bandha fell through the hidden spaces between worlds. The occulted gears of creation rushed by him. In the machineries of being were the inner secrets of the universe displayed to him. The daemonkin of Tzeentch would have damned a dozen eternities for a glimpse of what he saw, but Ka'Bandha did not care for knowledge. The things on display were valueless to him, and the wonders of infinity whirled by unappreciated. Ka'Bandha fell forever and for no time at all, until a wave of change rippled out through the multi-dimensional space he infected, upsetting the delicate workings of infinite, interleaved universes. Ka'Bandha howled in triumph. The promised storm had been unleashed

-
The Devastation of Baal

Far from Baal, at Cadia, Abaddon the Despoiler achieved goals he had pursued since the Horus Heresy. Reality split as faultlines closed millions of years ago were rent wide. Isolated warpstorms and anomalies spread their arms, reaching for the burning might of the warp. The Eye of Terror vomited its diabolical energies across the firmament. The raging storm it unleashed devoured tens of thousands of star systems. Millions of worlds were consumed. Races that had never known the wrath of man or the taint of Chaos were expunged in an instant. Imperial worlds fell by the score. Many thousands not destroyed outright were plagued by hordes of daemons, their psykers' minds ripped open to allow the fell beings of the empyrean to walk among mortal populations. A warp storm of a size not seen since the Emperor took to the Golden Throne raged across the breadth of the galaxy. A billowing wave of madness engulfed space, travelling far faster than time and distance should have allowed. In the empyrean the Astronomican flickered and died. Rains of blood fell on terrified people on worlds thousands of light years from the Cadian Gate. All creation rocked. In the no-spaces between realities, the rift was felt. In places far distant to the reality of man, strange beings dreamed of fire and blood. Old Night, a source of hazy myth and fear to the peoples of the 41st millennium, was reborn. Ka'Bandha roared joyously at its return. The daemon recovered from his endless fall, beat his wings, and flew for a weakness in the fabric of all things. A single swipe of his axe split space-time, exploiting a faultline opened by the Cicatrix Maledictum. Ka'Bandha emerged into the material universe high over Baal Primus as the rift split the sky and the roiling energies of Chaos spread like a slick of burning promethium over the imperturbable depths of space

-
The Devastation of Baal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back