• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis VII - Blood and Glory Edition

Didn't they also bring back the jokaero as well? GW reintroducing all the really old stuff by the looks of it. Wonder if the thunder warriors will make a cameo.

They still didn't really do anything for a really long time, kinda like malice/malal.

Jokaero have always just kind of been there.

On the upside, it's way easier to get a hold of their models this edition ever since GW decided to make them complete shit on the table.

Are we ever gonna change that void dragon pic

I don't think there are any pics of the void dragon, though.

The lyrics to an old song I found felt like it would fit warahmmer well (The song came out a year before warhammer did)

Let's be xenophobic! It's really in this year
Let's find a nasty, slimy, ugly alien to fear
There's no more cutesy stories 'bout E.T. phoning home
Let's learn to love our neighbors, like the Christians learned in Rome!

We know we ought to hate 'em; they're different, you see
We've seen they're mean and ugly on movies and TV
The folks that ought to know have told us how it's got to be
The gospel truth is found in scenes from Alien and V

Let's wipe out any lifeform that seems to be a threat
We'll serve 'em up a genocide they never will forget
'Cause if we miss a couple, they'll breed a couple more!
And soon we'll all be hating twice as many as before

You see, aliens can never be as good as humankind
A more delightful race than us you'll never, ever find
So step aside, you star slime, we're ready for your worst!
We know you want to beat us, enslave us and defeat us,
Oppress us and browbeat us, unless we get you first!

So I just got the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III game from a fellow person at a Discord Server

Is it good
Download

The CGs need a lot of stuff clarified, now that the wiki's classifying stuff more in depth with abstract concepts and stuff.

Damn madail could really use some explanations for like all his abilities. Maybe I'll get around to reading through his books for quotes, when I'm less busy irl. At the very least, having "etc" on a profile seems really wrong.

@Wok

He could use a bit of clarification, yeah.

He doesn't actually show up as much as you'd expect, but a lot of his stuff is pretty straightforward.

Anyone happen to know where the mutalith vortex beast page went? I could have sword there was one at one point.

If you remember the exact name of it, you can put it in the url next to /wiki/ and it'll tell you who deleted it and why (if they gave a reason). If you can't rememberthis is the log of every page deleted, might be a bit hard to slog through but it'll contain it if it was deleted.

It wasn't called that though. The profile was about a guy who ended up being warped into one at the end of his book, and had the mutalith vortex beast as a key, but I don't remember the guy's name.

Yeah, there it is, thanks. He's not linked on the main page, for some reason. I'll fix that.

So, does anyone who's read Ephrael Ster's stuff know why killing a culexus with psyker powers isn't an outlier or inconsistency? To my knowledge she's not an alpha plus or anything, so that feat sounds absurd.

Lorewise, you can sometimes overcome blanks just by being stupidly broke a strong boi.

Daemon Magnus was surrounded by multiple squads of Sisters of Silence (each and every one of whom is a psychic Null), and while his powers didn't work on them, he just kinda went "eh **** it" and cleaved them in half with his blade, considering he was so powerful that he seemed to have gone past the point of their presence actively harming him despite the fact he's both an Alpha (plus?) level psyker and a daemon.

I don't remember the context behind Stern's encounter though, and she definitely isn't Magnus level, but this is just to clarify that it can happen if you are a sufficiently busted character.

I think Magnus was alpha plus, but he's also 4-B physically.

I 'unno. Maybe.

We're kinda waiting until the Horus Heresy comes to a close before doing some things, which is actually not too long from now if GeeDubs and BL are to be believed.

Here's a fun little bit from Slaves to Darkness, as I feel the verse's footsoldiers are often overlooked in favor of the more obviously OP stuff.

The explosion from a bolt round is powerful enough to turn an at least lightly armored human into nothing but a spray of blood and scraps of metal.

"Argonis began to fire. Bolts exploded along the trench lip. Three soldiers vanished. Blood and chromed metal scattered into the air."

On the very next page, a space marine who is struck directly with multiple bolt rounds has his armor torn but is only staggered. Even after that and being rammed into a trench wall by another space marine, he's still able to fight back against Volk despite his injuries.

"Bolt-rounds struck the Ultramarine. Sapphire and gold shredded into shrapnel. The warrior staggered. Volk rammed his weight forwards. The axe blow cut wide. His shoulder struck the Ultramarine in the chest and cannoned him back into the trench wall. Rockcrete cracked under the impact. Blood scattered from the torn armour down the warrior's right side. He was injured, isolated, but he was a son of Ultramar."

Obviously a small feat, but it's always nice to get a reminder of just how absurd Space Marines are in comparison to regular soldiers.

Reminder that IRL stuff like Tanks are 9-A, which really puts into perspective just what a high 8-C common(ish) foot soldier would be like.

The Open Beta is started!

Tyranids vs Space Marines! - Open Beta, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
Tyranids vs Space Marines! - Open Beta, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2

Tyranids vs Chaos! - Open Beta, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
Tyranids vs Chaos! - Open Beta, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2

Anyone know where the space marine calc is?

Back