• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests (New forum)

Doing something in canon once or twice does not make it can in-character move for fights. Even when pushed in fights Dio doesn't resort to just "lol mindhax". He would have stomped Jonathan if he did.

I think anyone who has seen the series knows very well why they didn't. God hates the Joestars and anyone who helps them. he wants to psychologically torture them (yes, he did) or physically humiliate them. God when he's not against joestars is usually just mind hax or otherwise a move that allows him to win pretty fast. how is it possible that God wins and also possible that it is incon as far as we know

And if we're going down that route, Shinobu could duplicate herself and go to the past to kill Dio before he got powers. But that's not how she approaches fights canonically, so we don't include that in debates.

needs make a portal apparently, then have you ever used this canonically offensive move?

I don't know what you're talking about with god here, but Shinobu can (and does) attack by throwing swords, them getting frozen won't matter much.

then I'm more than sure it will dodge or freeze them. god was it was to make an "exaggeration" like someone says "god that's a stupid argument" or something like that

No, that was explicitly in reference to part 1.

link the message

needs make a portal apparently, then have you ever used this canonically offensive move?

Yep, it needs a portal. I don't know what you mean by that second half.

then I'm more than sure it will dodge or freeze them. god was it was to make an "exaggeration" like someone says "god that's a stupid argument" or something like that

And people in the thread disagreed with you. So make another bloody thread arguing your view, or simply take the L that most people disagreed with you, instead of getting it removed.

link the message

You bring up Part 1 Dio and his mindhax, Armorchompy says that isn't in-character. CBSlayer also responded here saying that mindhax isn't in-character for the match against Kakyoin (which was against part 1 Dio).

Please stop being so stubborn. It's OOC for all versions of Dio. Both characters clearly have accessible wincons so this OBVIOUSLY isn't a stomp.

Since 4-A Sonic's AP got upgraded higher into the tier based on this calc, several matches from the Franchise would need to get removed in the locked pages:

Making a list of them:

Super Sonic VS Kirito: Should be removed since Kirito is no longer 4-A

Super Sonic VS LSSJ Broly: Sonic now one shots Broly and he has no wincons against him, making it a stomp. Both profiles are locked

Super Sonic VS Janemba: Same reasons as his fight against Broly. Both profiles are locked

Super Shadow VS Kirito: Should be removed since Kirito is no longer 4-A

Super Shadow VS LSSJ Broly: Same reasons as Sonic's fight against Broly. Both profiles are locked

Super Shadow VS Turles: Same reasons as his fight against Broly. Both profiles are locked

Super Silver VS DBGT Trunks: Silver now one shots Trunks and he has no wincons against him, making it a stomp. Both profiles are locked

Super Silver VS Xeno Future Trunks: Same reasons as his fight against GT Trunks. Both profiles are locked

Other matches that should be removed:

Super Egg Robot VS Toei Goku: Super Egg Robot now one shots Goku and he has no wincons against him, making it a stomp. Goku's profile is locked

Biolizard VS Toei Goku: Biolizard now one shots Goku and he has no wincons against him, making it a stomp. Goku's profile is locked

Metal Overlord VS Turles: Metal Overlord now one shots Turles and he has no wincons against him, making it a stomp. Turles' profile is locked
Bumping all of them aside from the Kirito matches

And people in the thread disagreed with you. So make another bloody thread arguing your view, or simply take the L that most people disagreed with you, instead of getting it removed.

they said since Dio is arrogant he wouldn't do nothing but pose and getting killed. Which is wrong, I proved that. And appealing to votes is appeal to popularity, which is a fallacy

You bring up Part 1 Dio and his mindhax, Armorchompy says that isn't in-character. CBSlayer also responded here saying that mindhax isn't in-character for the match against Kakyoin (which was against part 1 Dio).

ok
Dio's regeneration isn't infinite, it's based on blood iirc. Also he can just restrain him and wait for the sun to come. Dio also just... doesn't mindhax in character. And Kakyoin would be very wary of being controlled by him again
he used that on Poco, he would very well use mind hax on anyone at this point, not use it on joestars and buddies because they are his natural enemies (and therefore he won't use it on kakyoin). but literally in parts 1 and 3 he used it a little with all the people he met apart from the faithful

the other message was like that so this is an answer for 2 messages.
Please stop being so stubborn. It's OOC for all versions of Dio. Both characters clearly have accessible wincons so this OBVIOUSLY isn't a stomp.
you are literally out of the way if you think I'm saying it's a stomp

they said since Dio is arrogant he wouldn't do nothing but pose and getting killed. Which is wrong, I proved that. And appealing to votes is appeal to popularity, which is a fallacy

You didn't "prove" it, you made an argument against it, which other people disagreed with.

Stuff's added/removed through consensus. If you don't think deciding through people agreeing to something is valid then you can start your own website. I'm not saying they're right because they voted that way, I'm saying that, dude, everyone that's weighed in on this disagrees with you and is giving valid arguments for it, so they're who we're gonna side with.

you are literally out of the way if you think I'm saying it's a stomp

That's the main criteria for matches to get removed. That and a new change to the profiles which affects the outcome of the match. Since the only change to Dio's profile afaik was updating AP, and I've explained why the AP change doesn't really matter for the fight, that's how it is.

If you want to argue different results, make a new thread and convince people.

You didn't "prove" it, you made an argument against it, which other people disagreed with.

Stuff's added/removed through consensus. If you don't think deciding through people agreeing to something is valid then you can start your own website. I'm not saying they're right because they voted that way, I'm saying that, dude, everyone that's weighed in on this disagrees with you and is giving valid arguments for it, so they're who we're gonna side with.

I don't know what are you talking about, btw, he didn't give time to being touched by Dire that he was already freezing him

I don't really know what we're talking about, consent? no one said nothing to my request of removing until you came. you literally can't compare what people said with kakyion (who is a character who fought against dio) with a character that doesn't even come from jojo. The "valid" arguments are valid for kakyion because he helps the joestars, which means he would never ally himself against god and god holds a grudge against them.

but then why are we using argument FROM ANOTHER REMOVAL REQUEST for THIS REMOVAL REQUEST? i thinked you mean the votes was for Shinobu in the matchup, but if you meant for the kakyion match and the request to be refused, we are completely off track.

but then I hadn't even edited it, the matches were removed from a mod, and it removed the matches that weren't discussed.

he didn't give time to being touched by Dire that he was already freezing him

Cool, he uses on-touch freezing. That'll be really helpful against a character whose wincon is throwing swords at him.

no one said nothing to my request of removing until you came

Presumably because they weren't as familiar with Monogatari or the match as I was.

you literally can't compare what people said with kakyion (who is a character who fought against dio) with a character that doesn't even come from jojo. The "valid" arguments are valid for kakyion because he helps the joestars, which means he would never ally himself against god and god holds a grudge against them.

No-one made that argument for the mindhax not being used against Kakyoin. As I linked, people in this thread argued that he wouldn't use it because it was out of character period. Not because "he's a friend of the joestars!" That's something you've just invented, and was never discussed when talking about the removal of Kakyoin's thread.

but then why are we using argument FROM ANOTHER REMOVAL REQUEST for THIS REMOVAL REQUEST?

Because I said it's out of character, and that other people have told you that already, you said that was about part 3 Dio, I replied that no, it was about part 1 Dio, and linked where people said that.

I am using this argument because it is literally the exact same argument. You say a match should be removed because Dio will insta mindhax. People say that no, that's out of character. It doesn't matter that the character Dio's fighting is different because that was never an argument until a few posts ago.

i thinked you mean the votes was for Shinobu in the matchup

That is what I was referring to earlier, yes.

but then I hadn't even edited it, the matches were removed from a mod, and it removed the matches that weren't discussed.

Good thing I never said you edited it??????? But you're the one who proposed the removal and is defending it. I asked the mod who removed it and he said he'd be okay with adding the match back.

Cool, he uses on-touch freezing. That'll be really helpful against a character whose wincon is throwing swords at him.
welp he dodge?

Presumably because they weren't as familiar with Monogatari or the match as I was.

ok? like why we are using arguments from other match then?

No-one made that argument for the mindhax not being used against Kakyoin. As I linked, people in this thread argued that he wouldn't use it because it was out of character period. Not because "he's a friend of the joestars!" That's something you've just invented, and was never discussed when talking about the removal of Kakyoin's thread.
it's "friend of the joestars" is literally the main reason why the match is still on the profiles, and im pretty sure that i already said that. btw, i already debunked that. and "mind hax isn't in character" isn't an argument, it's just a statament, which didn't got proved. btw it's 1 dude that said that, it's more of an appeal to authority but im not really sure.

I am using this argument because it is literally the exact same argument. You say a match should be removed because Dio will insta mindhax. People say that no, that's out of character. It doesn't matter that the character Dio's fighting is different because that was never an argument until a few posts ago.

people, 1. ah yes.

said "People" didn't even proved that, while I did it, I didn't use scans, but I said what he was doing during the two parts in which he was present. which is better than saying it's out of character without explanation.
however taking arguments from a match to another one is considerable going out of context.

That is what I was referring to earlier, yes.
which still wouldn't make sense, practically if it were as you say, this thread wouldn't be a thing. because I remember that the matches are "dude says argument for characther X" and 6 other people say "characthers X" FRA, even if they don't know the verse/characther. that argument may also be wrong, which is why the thread exists.

Good thing I never said you edited it??????? But you're the one who proposed the removal and is defending it. I asked the mod who removed it and he said he'd be okay with adding the match back.

If you don't think deciding through people agreeing to something is valid then you can start your own website

as you expressed yourself, it seemed that you were saying that I had done of my own free will what was rejected

ok? like why we are using arguments from other match then?

Because you are using the same bad reasoning that you tried applying to another match, but was debunked there.

it's "friend of the joestars" is literally the main reason why the match is still on the profiles, and im pretty sure that i already said that.

No, it was literally never mentioned in the discussion of it a page ago. Read it yourself, I've already linked to it. You did not say that. Other people said it was out of character, and you didn't argue against them, so the matches weren't removed.

and "mind hax isn't in character" isn't an argument, it's just a statament, which didn't got proved.

lol

btw it's 1 dude that said that, it's more of an appeal to authority but im not really sure.

people, 1. ah yes.

No, it's two people who said that.

which still wouldn't make sense, practically if it were as you say, this thread wouldn't be a thing. because I remember that the matches are "dude says argument for characther X" and 6 other people say "characthers X" FRA, even if they don't know the verse/characther. that argument may also be wrong, which is why the thread exists.

The OP of this thread literally says this thread is to remove outdated threads, stomp threads, and threads that don't follow our versus thread rules. It's not to remove threads because you disagree with people in the thread about how cocky a character is.

You have already said that it isn't a stomp. I have already demonstrated that it isn't outdated. If you want the loss turned into a win, make a new thread and argue for that.

as you expressed yourself, it seemed that you were saying that I had done of my own free will what was rejected

No. For context, I said that people disagreed with your view in the thread of the match, so you should instead make another match and argue your view. You said that bringing that up was "appeal to popularity". I responded that we do things by consensus, and if you don't like that, you should start your own website.

None of that is anywhere near an accusation that you removed the match with Shinobu off of the profile after it was rejected.

because you are using the same bad reasoning that you tried applying to another match, but was debunked there.
i mean, i explained below the otherwise

No, it was literally never mentioned in the discussion of it a page ago. Read it yourself, I've already linked to it. You did not say that. Other people said it was out of character, and you didn't argue against them, so the matches weren't removed.
cool, i answered them before. here

match shouldn't be removed anyways.

No, it's two people who said that.
I forgot about him. well just 2 tho.

The OP of this thread literally says this thread is to remove outdated threads, stomp threads, and threads that don't follow our versus thread rules. It's not to remove threads because you disagree with people in the thread about how cocky a character is.

You have already said that it isn't a stomp. I have already demonstrated that it isn't outdated. If you want the loss turned into a win, make a new thread and argue for that.

what in the OP fits perfectly in my requests. Dio recived upgrade and the match was outdated.
ok after I will make the versus thread.

No. For context, I said that people disagreed with your view in the thread of the match, so you should instead make another match and argue your view. You said that bringing that up was "appeal to popularity". I responded that we do things by consensus, and if you don't like that, you should start your own website.
because it is literally, and it's not against our standards, hell we even have that in fallacy page. i don't need website when the wiki already have it in their fallacy page

what in the OP fits perfectly in my requests. Dio recived upgrade and the match was outdated.

Except, like I keep saying, Dio's upgrade does LITERALLY NOTHING to disqualify that match. It's who shoots first anyways. Your only arguments for Shinobu losing were either talking about Dio's arrogance (which was already discussed in the thread), or talking about Dio's mindhax (which was already an ability he had).

The things you are arguing are not new.

ok after I will make the versus thread.

Thank you.

because it is literally, and it's not against our standards, hell we even have that in fallacy page. i don't need website when the wiki already have it in their fallacy page

I was not saying that they are correct because there are more of them. I was saying that, per our sites standards, we add matches under the side which has the most votes. This is not a valid example of the "appeal to popularity". And funnily enough, arguing that I used a fallacy there when I didn't is the fallacy fallacy, which is also under the wiki's Fallacy page.

Except, like I keep saying, Dio's upgrade does LITERALLY NOTHING to disqualify that match. It's who shoots first anyways. Your only arguments for Shinobu losing were either talking about Dio's arrogance (which was already discussed in the thread), or talking about Dio's mindhax (which was already an ability he had).

Well, now at least Dio have AP stomps wincon so it does i guess? Dio arrogance was why Shinobu won there.

I was not saying that they are correct because there are more of them. I was saying that, per our sites standards, we add matches under the side which has the most votes. This is not a valid example of the "appeal to popularity". And funnily enough, arguing that I used a fallacy there when I didn't is the fallacy fallacy, which is also under the wiki's Fallacy page.

I don't remember that there was a rule for match up REMOVAL votes, either way, I remind you that you can very well debunk the votes in the versus thread and make them null. why couldn't you do the same here?
also no, it's not fallacy fallacy, that would be because you made a fallacy but the argument is correct, here if all goes well it is the opposite

Well, now at least Dio have AP stomps wincon so it does i guess? Dio arrogance was why Shinobu won there.

And his AP changing does not make him more or less arrogant. Shinobu's sword negates durability, so Dio's durability changing does not matter.

I don't remember that there was a rule for match up REMOVAL votes

Holy shit.

I never said that there was a rule for removing a match requiring votes.

Again.

I said that people disagreed with the argument you were making about Dio's arrogance in the initial thread, and that we go by number of votes when adding that.

Your point was considered, yet rejected by the majority of the thread. And per our site's rules, the match is fine to be added under that.

You said that was a "fallacy of popularity". It was not.

I am not saying that removing a match requires votes. I am saying that that point was already considered in the thread, and as such, is not a reason for removal.

either way, I remind you that you can very well debunk the votes in the versus thread and make them null. why couldn't you do the same here?

That can happen, but you haven't done that in anywhere near a conclusive way. Usually that's done when you can provide clear evidence to the contrary. Not when you're presenting an argument that was already disagreed with in the thread, and which isn't winning people over in the removal thread. I don't know how I can explain the difference to you if you don't get it. Disqualifying votes should be something pretty incontrovertible, inarguable. People argued that an ability functions a different way, you have proof that it doesn't, and everyone agrees on that. This is just nowhere near that standard of conclusiveness.

And his AP changing does not make him more or less arrogant. Shinobu's sword negates durability, so Dio's durability changing does not matter.
yes but how does that change Dio AP wincon?

btw done, i did the match. there is no point in continuing to talk, afterall is a waste of time.

Just redo the ******* thread if it's such an issue.
You practically already redid that shit in this thread of all places when you could've done it in an actual thread.

But I will say, this is like the 5th this week this thread has been derailed with some JoJo shit and it's getting kinda excessive, I'm probably gonna have to double check all future match removals now just to see if any changes since actually mattered.

I have removed all of the Sonic matches, the Arthur Fleck Joker matches, and Star-Goku.

Iirc the Rohan thread had reached 7 but it might have been before the forum move, I'll get it bumped so we can get one more vote on it then

Yeah that one needs to be finished or removed.

Vergil has a win against Beerus, but it was removed I dunno why.
Beerus has wincon via EE and Vergil via DT explosion. A match of quick draw and Vergil wins. Its still a viable match and needs a mention on both profiles.
vergil has enough AP to 1shot, is more versatile,he out haxes beerus,
beerus on the other hand only has hakai which he doesnt start with in character, this a clear stomp imo
anyway this isnt the place for that. this is a VS removal request thread

vergil has enough AP to 1shot, is more versatile,he out haxes beerus,
beerus on the other hand only has hakai which he doesnt start with in character, this a clear stomp imo
anyway this isnt the place for that. this is a VS removal request thread
Yeah, my mistake.
I'll request the addition in the relevant thread.

All the match-ups that don't use his first key need to be removed.

Back