• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests (New forum)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This thread is created for the purpose of removing outdated or stomp versus threads from profiles that are administrator-protected.

Here are the regulations that need to be followed:
  • Kindly post links to the threads, along with the characters involved in the thread.
  • Provide reasons as to why you think it is a stomp match or if it doesn't follow our Versus Thread Rules.
  • Do not request a versus thread to be removed just because it's under your favorite character/verse profile.
  • Keep in mind that just because a match is decisive, or even has a unanimous vote, does not automatically make it stomp.
  • Remain patient regarding responses. Do not disturb other members with requests to look into this thread.
  • Do not derail the thread with off-topic posts. Persistent derailing, will likely result in a warning or perhaps even a block, depending upon the severity of the derailment.
  • Argument involving a versus thread to be removed that you don't agree with is allowed. Just be sensible about it.
The following on their own do not automatically mean a match is a stomp.
  • Being a decisive match doesn't make it a stomp.
  • Having a small array of hax isn't a stomp.
  • Having one hax to the opponent's none, or one hax being the deciding factor doesn't make it a stomp.
NOTE TO ALL STAFF MEMBERS: Please read through as much of a thread as you can before removing it. This will lessen the amount of people attempting to abuse this thread simply to remove losses from their favorite characters.

Due to Nightmare's tier change, his vs threads have been removed, because they didn't fit the new tier anymore.
Thus, the same has to be done with the counterparts: Mard Geer (loss), Johnny Bravo (loss), Kenshiro victory), Kirito (victory), Mewtwo (inconclusive)
In some of these, the name Night Terror is used, but it is always Nightmare, but in a different form

Can you handle it yourself tomorrow instead? We will hopefully open up the forum then.

Thank you. I have unlocked the page, so you can edit it now.

SamanPatou:

Thank you.

XitSign:

If the pages are unlocked, you should preferably handle this sort of thing on your own.

Is somebody else willing to handle it please? I am very busy.

Bobsican:

I have unlocked the page for you to edit.

Tell me here is any of the other profiles that had matches with it need to be unlocked.

Very well, I'll list the match-ups that are being removed and why, I'll bold the ones whose page needs to be unlocked to remove the match accordingly:

Nicol Bolas (Now the two by themselves cap on the same tier, 682 still has Low 1-C type 8 immortality via 343, but the discussion over the outcome should be redone overall).

Lavos (See above, except Lavos isn't even 5-A anymore and has gone across a ton of revisions by then, so a remake of the thread has to be done anyways)

D (Vampire Hunter D) (The abilities of both now cap on the same tier (Low 1-C), so this is quite outdated).

There's also the Warhammer 40K match-ups I'm iffy on, but I would like some thoughts from @Wokistan . I hope you can tag him for me.

Everything else seems to have aged well out of always assuming the extra-dimensional stuff, which still holds true now technically.

Okay. I will remove the matchups from the locked pages, and would appreciate if you handle the others on your own.

@Wokistan

Are you willing to help out here?

Don't think the immortality tier change actually changes anything with either of them. Horus and 682 still have trouble killing the other, guliman still kills 682 and then dies to low 2-C on death.

Okay, so should the matchups in question stay then?

Okay. Are you willing to handle the other remaining ones?

So, I ended up in a conversation with a bunch of people on Discord about JoJo, and found out that a certain match is simply bollocks.

Lisa Lisa vs. Master Viper

Initially, it was argued that Lisa Lisa would win simply because Master Viper would be unable to comprehend her Hamon infused scarf fast enough to be able to fight back. But then @TacticalNuke002 added to this by openly stating that this would liquefy Viper's organs.

Thing is, Hamon really only works on this level with vampires or monsters that are particularly weak to sunlight, as could be seen for instance with Will A. Zeppeli punching a stone in half while leaving the frog on top intact and unharmed. So, this match got a win for Lisa Lisa based on false premises, and this should be removed.

That is probably fine. Feel free to do so.

So, I ended up in a conversation with a bunch of people on Discord about JoJo, and found out that a certain match is simply bollocks.

Lisa Lisa vs. Master Viper

Initially, it was argued that Lisa Lisa would win simply because Master Viper would be unable to comprehend her Hamon infused scarf fast enough to be able to fight back. But then @TacticalNuke002 added to this by openly stating that this would liquefy Viper's organs.

Thing is, Hamon really only works on this level with vampires or monsters that are particularly weak to sunlight, as could be seen for instance with Will A. Zeppeli punching a stone in half while leaving the frog on top intact and unharmed. So, this match got a win for Lisa Lisa based on false premises, and this should be removed.
The intent during the frog punch was to not hurt the frog. Later in Part 2 when Esidisi possesses Suzie Q, he dares Joseph, Caesar and Lisa Lisa to use hamon on her which would kill her.

Last edited:
Need someone to remove Luigi's win against Danny Phantom from his profile since it's locked. Danny is no longer 4-A so it's a stomp, it's already been removed from Danny's page.

The intent during the frog punch was to not hurt the frog. Later in Part 2 when Esidisi possesses Suzie Q, he dares Joseph, Caesar and Lisa Lisa to use hamon on her which would kill her.
...You mean when he literally infused his brain and blood vessels into her, meaning that any attempt by Joseph to use Hamon would kill her alongside him? Because that qualifies as being a vampire and being weak to Hamon.

Stopping by to say that yeah the Viper match should be removed. Hamon imo seems to be way over estimated To the point where people just ignore its original purpose. As far as I’m aware yhe only time we see someone who’s not undead or specifically weak to iy get hurt by Hamon is Joseph when it’s Ultimate Kars which...clearly doesn’t apply to every Hamon user ever.

Thank you for helping out so much Elizhaa.