• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vanilla golden boi (Gilgamesh) vs Chocolate golden boi (Arjuna alter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnonymousBlank said:
Wasn't Base Will's "always hits" thing basically GB causality manip and on the off chance it misses, he will just tag you with the second one? Vayu Authority somehow makes this even more unavidable. Will Ten Crowns neg the Authority of an entire pantheon, multiple members of said pantheon being above BB's?
Can't really judge (Didn't play JP). That's how it is on the profile.

Maybe it can't (Don't really wanna talk about the messy scaling chain debated above), but Gil might just bring some shields out, like Rho Aias.

We are once again at that point of hindu gods being better, yet no evidence has been presented. Again, "entire pantheon" is a misguiding argument. You only know what the strongest gods can do, the rest may as well be fodder. No evidence has been presented supporting the claim that Arjuna can somehow survive Ea.

Also, Power of the Beginning can be used to boost Gilgamesh's power, so Arjuna one-shotting him with something is unlikely.

Even if Hindu Gods is not better than other major Deity its not makes them weaker than BB authority in fact Arjuna did erase Karna with KK on while Mooncell and earth mother goddess authority cannot do such thing

We also have no evidence of Hindu Gods being lesser than other gods, Nasu just want to keep this vague due to IRL religion reason

Sees all possibilities and alternate timeline doesnt makes you able to avoid unavoidable attack, in fact Arjuna can just erase Gil with Shiva's authority

Arjuna cant tank EA? I have said Multiple time not even Vasavi shakti an anti divine NP can Kill Godjuna, VS is comparable to EA especially when fought divine, so what's is your evidence of Arjuna cant tank EA? Say i have no evidence is not change anything

Veloxt1r0kore said:
At this point i thinking this match is pointless since no matter how strong the newcomer servants is, Gil always be in number one for being strongest servant in the series and Nasu really love to push Gil even further in wank powerlevel wise, heck he even can withstanding Qlipoth Rizome if Nasu want
Whether or not Gil is the number one servant doesn't really matter, because it doesn't make him unbeatable. It is canon that in a battle between Lancelot and Gilgamesh, Lancelot will win.

Lancelot won in the Fighter Jet battle, in the actual ground fight Gil would have won if not called back.

That....Is so incredibly dumb.......

Like, I assume that's through Gil jobbing like a madman

I assume he didn't pull out Ea or anything like that, but otherwise Lancelot is kinda a hard counter to Gil, so I don't think its all that strange

I mean, part of it is that Lancelot is fast enough to use whatever he throws at him himself and can use them better than Gilgamesh.

Yeah, when you look at it like that, it is Kinda like the Shirou vs Gil fight but more in Shirou's favor since he not only has the stat advantage, but he takes Gil's weapons and uses them better than he does

Basically anyone with a speed advantage has a good chance of trouncing Gilgamesh, since at that point nothing in GoB can do much. Alcides could grab them out of the air in the hundreds and Richard could dodge them in the thousands iirc.

Yobo Blue said:
Basically anyone with a speed advantage has a good chance of trouncing Gilgamesh, since at that point nothing in GoB can do much. Alcides could grab them out of the air in the hundreds and Richard could dodge them in the thousands iirc.
To be fair, Cu, who has a skill specifically against projectiles, still lost after a long battle.

Thing with Alcides is, iirc, manmade weapons are flying toothpicks against him.

You are the one claiming that Hindu gods are the strongest. So back that claim with evidence.

Arjuna can't erase Gilgamesh.

Vasavi Shakti does not have the same attributes as Ea.

This thread in a nutshell:

AA: Hey! I have this wall of Authorities and I'm gonna XE you off the Vimana!

G: Hey! You can't do that! Loads of fodder Authorities means nothing in the face of the one and only AUO's infallible Authority!

AA: No, you don't!

G: Yes, I do!

And it goes on and on.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
You are the one claiming that Hindu gods are the strongest. So back that claim with evidence.
Arjuna can't erase Gilgamesh.

Vasavi Shakti does not have the same attributes as Ea.
Who is claiming that? Hindu gods should be comparable to other gods of their respective caliber.

Why wouldn't his authority of destruction work? Its superior to authority of the earth mother goddess, which is what Gil scales to.

Ok? I wasn't event aware Arjuna has VS

Firstly, I wasn't responding to you. Secondly, the whole thread is filled with "hindu gods are so powerful, better than everything else" yet there is still no quote supporting that. Thirdly, there you go with claiming superiority.

BB has hindu gods at her disposal, yet they are not the strongest gods she has. So, why are they suddenly superior?

Whether or not Gil is the number one servant doesn't really matter, because it doesn't make him unbeatable. It is canon that in a battle between Lancelot and Gilgamesh, Lancelot will win.

Canon? Accually no. The anime didn't has this so many fans went headcanon. "The next count of glowing Noble Phantasms reached thirty-two. This time, even Rider kept silent. Berserker had endured a continuous attack of sixteen Noble Phantasms, but there was no way to resist twice that number. That was the same for all the other Servants. Nobody could estimate the limits of the latent power of the golden Archer anymore."

https://******************/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Act_4

Don't forget that it was mentioned in Fate/Zero stuff that Gilgamesh can end the 4th Grail War in a single night if he really wants.

NNin said:
Canon? Accually no. The anime didn't has this so many fans went headcanon. "The next count of glowing Noble Phantasms reached thirty-two. This time, even Rider kept silent. Berserker had endured a continuous attack of sixteen Noble Phantasms, but there was no way to resist twice that number. That was the same for all the other Servants. Nobody could estimate the limits of the latent power of the golden Archer anymore."

https://******************/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Act_4

Don't forget that it was mentioned in Fate/Zero stuff that Gilgamesh can end the 4th Grail War in a single night if he really wants.
???

Dude, you know that in the fate/zero FGO event they confirmed it that Lancelot would win on a ground battle between him and Gil, right? this isn't headcanon at all

Can't Arjuna just cover himself in "Hakai" to defend against enkidu? Also both of them have comparable clairvoyance.

???

Dude, you know that in the fate/zero FGO event they confirmed it that Lancelot would win on a ground battle between him and Gil, right? this isn't headcanon at all

And in Grand Order it was Lancelot, Mash, Diarmuid, Zhuge Liange (with Fate/Zero know-how) vs. Gilgamesh. Like in 50:00 https://youtu.be/_NzZfM10f9g

It was 4 on 1. Gilgamesh had disadvantage.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Firstly, I wasn't responding to you. Secondly, the whole thread is filled with "hindu gods are so powerful, better than everything else" yet there is still no quote supporting that. Thirdly, there you go with claiming superiority.
BB has hindu gods at her disposal, yet they are not the strongest gods she has. So, why are they suddenly superior?
I don't think a single person is saying person on this thread is saying that the hindu pantheon is better than every other pantheon in fate. What people are claiming, is that the pinnacle of the gods that Berserker has access to has authority that trumps the authority of those that BB usually uses. I'm claiming that the authority of the supreme beings of divine pantheons would be superior to Authority of the moon or authority of the earth mother goddess, which is what BB uses.

Whether or not she could use the authority of Mara, or Vishnu, or Ereshkigal, or Zeus, or Shakyamuni, or other High tier divine spirits doesn't really matter, because she doesn't. She doesn't have, or doesn't use, authority comparable to that of a sun god or higher, because otherwise the authority of the sun wouldn't have no selled everything she has. My claim is not that Hindu Gods specifically are superior to her authority, its that Sun Gods, Death Gods, Supreme Gods, etc. are superior to her authority.

Yes, and I am asking for evidence to support that claim. KK did not "no sell everything she has". Once again, I asked for evidence to support that.

Last I checked we are debating based on the profiles, right? That's what the profiles say, so if you think they are wrong, then go make a revision thread and get Karna downgraded.

We are debating based on facts, valid assumptions etc. It's a debate, therefore I am allowed at any point to ask for evidence to support a claim, and in this case it's a claim that hugely affects this versus match. Profiles are edited by people and I am definitely not going to take everything at face value. Until recently people still argued that full power Gilgamesh is arrogant because that's what was written on his profile and we corrected them every time. That weakness stayed there for years. Had people purely used what was written on the profile then a lot of his matches would end differently.

If you are debating for one side it's assumed you can defend your claims at any point. Major ones at least.

If it were a 1v1 debate like I do off sight then sure, but then I we wouldn't be doing this on a VS thread board, we would be doing it on Discord, or somewhere like that. If you have reason to believe they are wrong, then get them changed.

We are debating based on profiles, and if we weren't I would be debating a lot differently, but welcome to VS wiki, were we create indexes for characters and then debate based on those indexes. If we weren't debating based on indexes, I would argue that both Arjuna and Gil should be higher than where they are now. This is not a 1v1

Well, I am lazy. For the sake of the thread, I'd still like evidence. I am happy to wait, there is no rush. But, I am not letting Gilgamesh lose without some proper arguments.

My evidence is the profile. I'm not gonna dive through the entire translated lets play of CCC for a clip a few minutes long at most when the entire point of the profile is that we don't need to do that. Making that thread will basically just be going, "I don't remember this happing when I played through the game, can I see some evidence that it did."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back