• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale town level downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one minor fault with the blog. Frisk was minimally determined when he tanked the attack. Not mid determined.

Also how comes the fire is not 9000 degrees farenheit (converted to celcius)? Does the temperature of the oven not scale to the fire itself.

Andytrenom said:
Undyne the Undying will scale very far above this feat I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that unless she is already close to the next tier even the biggest scaling chains won't get her out of 9-A.
The strongest "non 2-B" Undertale characters could get to 9-A+ though.

It's explicitly outlined on the Attack Potency page that you only get a plus if the calc itself yields that result.

Read this post said:
Not sure why that has to be the case. But if there it wont work then i supposed a likely far higher rating should be given.
All we need to do now is discuss speed and wait for azathoth to comment. He has said he will check it out soon.

I talked about a possible Supersonic level up there. I just do not know if it's believable.

Andytrenom said:
It's explicitly outlined on the Attack Potency page that you only get a plus if the calc itself yields that result.
Do we still do that?

Verses like Jojo do not have a 8-C+ calc, but they get upscaled to 8-C+ from a regular 8-C feat.

Building level only has an 8x gap between the low and high end. 4.5 times baseline in order to reach a plus. Undertale characters would need to be way more than ten times baseline in order to reach a plus rating. The only character who might be close to that is undying.

@DMB I am aware of no policy change so I can only surmise that Jojo isn't supposed to be 8-C+

Andytrenom said:
@DMB I am aware of no policy change so I can only surmise that Jojo isn't supposed to be 8-C+
Its overall tiering was agreed in the span of two threads, even by staff memebers.

So I just believe that the rule was simply ignored.

If it's close to + I think everyone just kinda figured upscaling to + should be fine.

Btw how powerful would Pyrope's explosions be? And would Mettaton creating quakes that make Frisk and Alphys bounce in the air be a wall level feat?

Those might give some nice bit feats.

@Andy This may answer your second question.

FloweryAlex said:
I also can already feel people asking for 8-B based on the shock waves, but that would be at tier 7 (Yes, shacking the earth hard enough to throw people a feet in the air does qualify for magnitude 5.5), and I feel that's a pretty big outlier for something so ridiculously casual (it's also weird that no one outside acknowledges the earthquake at all).

I don't think Low 7-C would be an outlier when a monster significantly weaker than him was able to have the rating.

That's not to say I think this feat is completely fine to use since I am kinda unsure on whether this can qualify as an earthquake

Not sure. A monster with 30 attack having a feat like that does sound kinda outlierish. As mentioned in the op, there are a lot of things implying these monsters all closely scale to the next, with the only big one shot gap being asgore against a fairly weak monster. Even frisk who didnt one shot someone with 4 defence could still damage jerry and kill him with enough time.

Plus it seems like way to much of a gagish scenario with nothing else in the area being remotely affected with only frisk and alphys being launched a foot. Although nobody would be launched a foot into the air and retain a calm position as if they were being launched a few centimetres.

Also wouldnt a magnitude 5 earthquake have longer lasting effects?

Seeing how the distance between them and the origin is so small, the results would be increased by such a small amount that it's pointless to calc it.

A magnitude of 4.5 is 8-B or 84.80 Tons. My earthquake calc had a of magnitude 4.5 from 784.31 m away, and it was only went up to 90.44 Tons. The formula is only used when we don't know the magnitude from the origin point, but know the magnitude from a distance.

The big question here is, was that even a earthquake? For all we know it was some trick that Alphys used to make Mettaton sound more intimidating.

Are we even positive that he was banging on the wall? If the wall breaking was fake, shouldn't the earthquake be fake as well?

Most likely, it was one of those instances gag instances where someone goes into an object and the shockwave makes everyone go into the air a little bit. Nothing else in the room was effected. I think stuff like this happens all the time in cartoonish fiction and it hardly qualifies as an earth quake. If there were things falling over, the background object moving or even cracks in the floor, then maybe it could be used. But even then, i dont think ramming into a wall would create an earthquake like that.

Just to confirm. Are we removing the temperature in the hotlands as an explanation? If so will this result in ut characters heat resistance being removed (besides the ones who have shown it)?

Out of curiosity, cause I was thinking about the Pyrope explosions.

In Deltarune, we see the size of a soul compared to the person when they're going through obstacles. Could that be used to scale the size of the soul, and therefor the size of some in-battle feats in Undertale?

We see the size of souls in Undertale as well, Asgore brings them out before fighting you.

Deltarune caps at 9-B in terms of feats AFAIK.

And besides, even if it had better feats, it has already been agreed to not scale Undertale to Deltarune and vice-versa because they are different universes.

@Rusty Forgot that. So do you reckon the sizes could be used?

@Ultimate Not really. Besides, game isn't fully out yet and how scalable it is is gonna be fun to figure out

@DMB1 I figured that already, though I thought it was more on the lines of "the new cast doesn't square off against the old cast so it's hard to know" At least that's what I think it happened, haven't seen it yet

I didn't know the alternate versions of the characters scaled differently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back