• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale town level downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, electricity is Supersonic. So, they'd at the least be that fast.

Again, electricity is Supersonic. So, they'd at the least be that fast.

And I think that electricity is the only thing explicit about speed. Would we have Undyne going from her house to the Papyrus house in about 2/3 seconds? Or if you consider the Knight Knight mini-sun (which I'm pretty sure will not shoot real rays anyway)

Electricity is supersonic, but the only time it's clearly used is when Mettaton zaps the player during the quiz... which can't be dodged.

Vulkin's "lightning" attacks are still of an unclear nature, as they don't act like electricity either.

AstroGhost said:
And I think that electricity is the only thing explicit about speed. Would we have Undyne going from her house to the Papyrus house in about 2/3 seconds? Or if you consider the Knight Knight mini-sun (which I'm pretty sure will not shoot real rays anyway)
1. No, that's clearly meant to be a gag. You'd need non-gag feats first before you could use that for support.

2. No, for similar reasons to why Vulkin's lightning is not acceptable.

AstroGhost said:
Frisk VS Mettaton EX...He / she dodges the electric attacks
No, for the same reason as Vulkin. Those are basically the same as Vulkin's "lightning bolts". You need to prove those are actually electricity and not "themed magical bullets" like everything else in the game.

I was never a huge fan of using in-battle attack sprites for speed feats without support for them, especially when they have flies, solar rays, electricity, and immeasurable gods all attacking at comparable speeds.

Exactly. I have pretty much no confidence anymore at this point in the reliability of UT's battle board for feats. Justification for these attacks being actual lightning or electricity is very, very poor as of right now. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard of evidence than that.

Then there is nothing else. I just remembered those same things.

Only one "Human Athletic" remains, since Undyne is basically a trained Soldier

Unfortunately, I have to agree. UT is stuck at a maximum of peak human speed, most likely athlete level.

Sucks but that's objectively true without better justification for speed feats in the battle board... which we don't have.

There's still the immeasurable god-tiers, but yeah...

After having read through this thread, I'm going to have to provisionally say the same. Unless there's something else that everyone has simply missed thus far, I feel like Athletic Human speeds are all we have left for everyone who isn't Tier 2 or so. Everything else seems pretty unreliable at this point.

Hey hey hey!!! I was linked this and I'm SUPER happy that the wiki finally agrees with me on this. I've sent a few months making an entire research document for Pearl VS Undyne, and I've only gotten small building to building at most for Undyne because I just can't find anything supporting the prior wank the verse has gotten.

That being said, I still think subsonic should be considered. I calc'd Undyne's running speed (which I'll post the details earlier) and I got Subsonic. About 208 m/s, to be exact.

I would like to bring up that I don't think mettatons electricity thing is a guaranteed electrical feat, but rather something I felt was worth mentioning as it is a potential contradiction brought up in an old blog. It is possible it is a magic attack as robots are confirmed to be made out of metal and magic.

For speed, until I replay the game, I think their is a feat of frisk flying with a jet pack and throwing items on him. Not sure how great the feat is.

Finally this is gone over. I do agree that they need them downgrades. Undertale is too vague or just not enough there to actually be the levels they are put at.

Fastest thing I say they have is the close range spear dodging if ya want to give that to them. Which may provide sub sonic since frisk can dodge close range several at a time. I think closer to peak human if not sub sonic

I find myself unopposed to the downgrades proposed, & so, inclined to support.

But given that speed seems to be based on an assumption, I do wonder. Is there any way to determine, at least reaction speed through the Jetpack flight thing with Frisk & Mettaton?

We could use frisk height and try and get a general size of the cliff they fly up Or just use an average jetpack speed which hits like 45-50 MPH

CBtheDB said:
Hey hey hey!!! I was linked this and I'm SUPER happy that the wiki finally agrees with me on this. I've sent a few months making an entire research document for Pearl VS Undyne, and I've only gotten small building to building at most for Undyne because I just can't find anything supporting the prior wank the verse has gotten.
Oh? You made a Pearl vs. Undyne document? Well, as a fan of both SU and UT I'd very much like to see that.

CinnabarManx421 said:
CBtheDB said:
Oh? You made a Pearl vs. Undyne document? Well, as a fan of both SU and UT I'd very much like to see that.
Sure thing! Would you like me to DM it to you or post it here?

Just kinda did a quick check on it. I don't know if Frisks height for the same calcs are right. (Being 5.30511811 Feet)

But comparing to Frisks height and the pillars they can pass. This picture shows Frisk is 91 pixels and a single pillar is 119 pixels And they can pass about 9-10 watching 24 frames (so a Second) So that should make it generally easy to get a general idea.

When I checked it by frisks height myself. I got around 40 MPH. Meaning that's pretty dead on with normal jet packs.

IMG 5101

To be fair, the jetpack is sort of a one-time thing and doesn't really scale to anything applicable to combat.

It should scale to Mettaton. Tho apparently 40 mph isn't even normal human speed so it doesn't matter muchm

The speed feats in UT are few and far between as is Dargoo we need something! ovo

Well if we can't use that we could just put them as Athletic Human with Subsonic reactions and combine both the Undyne and Mettaton feats.

It would scale to his flight speed; I don't know if it should scale to his combat speed.

Well it could be to his reaction speed since he had to dodge a bunch of objects coming down at him, but we could go with my proposal if all else fails.

To be entirely fair, that could just be him noticing the objects far above him then moving out of the way preemptively.

Mettaton's attacks have issues, as stated above.

That very well could be usable.

Here, Frisk is not exactly as fast the spears, but comparing their speed the feat should be superhuman.

What about the spears coming out the ground? frisk is able to dodge them.

Also how comes sans being able to move across the screen and be completely invisible is considered teleportation and not movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back