• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale town level downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
FloweryAlex said:
Terminal velocity? The fall wasn't that long...
The top of a mountain to the bottom, that does sound like Terminal Velocity.

It only takes over 450 m to reach TV, and the average Mountain Height we use is 600 m.

The fall is pretty much unquantifiable. Plus chara fell from that height in order to thunder McQueen herself but the flowers broke her fall.

Although I don't see that as a weakness that stops them from being above wall level considering that suicide from falling is some of the biggest pis in fiction (like kratos at the end of gow 1 expecting to die from falling off the highest mountain)

They wanted an inconclusive?

Also I calc Mettaton destroying a wall at 9-A to 8-C. If my math is right, then anyone that is comparable to Mettaton or higher should be 9-A or 8-C.

KingPin0422 said:
I mean, even if we're being as conservative as possible, Frisk has a 9-B feat in surviving the fall from Mt. Ebott to the Underground.
He survived specifically because of the flowers as far as I remember.

Slightly off topic but does anyone else feel that the Gaster profile should either have alot of things removed or just be deleted

Gaster has like 3 Easter egg appearances and in all of them he stands in one place then vanishes so I'm not sure how we derived any powers from that

Gaster isn't even a character, just a weird enitity, and he's pretty much featless, and with no mindset.

In fact, the game doesn't even make it clear what Gaster even is, and all we know about him is that he is now part of space and time.

TheRustyOne said:
They wanted an inconclusive?

Also I calc Mettaton destroying a wall at 9-A to 8-C. If my math is right, then anyone that is comparable to Mettaton or higher should be 9-A or 8-C.
Could ya link/Crtl+C it?

TheRustyOne said:
The top of a mountain to the bottom, that does sound like Terminal Velocity.

It only takes over 450 m to reach TV, and the average Mountain Height we use is 600 m.
Problem is, there is no reason to assume that.

They fell in from a cave, a cave that started at the bottom where there were still trees.

And when they leave the underground, they are pretty high too.

Assuming they freefalled the 600 meters, specially when Chara tought it could kill itself that way, doesn not seem the best of assumptions to make.

@Rusty You sure the walls are metal? I'm assuming you got that from the outside view of the lab but would I be right?

@Flowery My guess is because the lab seems to be made out of metal from the outside.

To me, it just looks like he busted through the wall, but they just didn't bother showing the fragments.

And I don't even know he could have vaporized the wall like that without destroying the building.

I didn't use vaporization.

We don't see any fragments so either Violent Fragmentation for safety, or Pulverization.

I'd go with Violent fragmentation over pulverization definitely.

Also I don't know if it's just me but the wall looked more ripped than cracked, so it being metal does sound about right.

I agree with Andy.

Oh and yeah, if it was metal, then fragmentation wouldn't even be a thin since he would have probably just made a huge puncture in it.

First of all, Mettaton hit it multiple times.

Secondly, the outside looks like metal, the inside walls don't exactly need to be the same material. They sure as hell don't look the same, and there are the doors that seem to be a similar material to boot.

Thirdly, it was specifically set up, to the point that a hole was already made. Which is why the hole was only a few feet wide, just to fit mettaton's entrance. I imagine they had to take down the wall for mettaton to get in there, and there is no reason to use iron for it.

Fourthly, metal doesn't break like that, at all. Unless you want to say it was ripped (in which case, it still doesn't aply) it sure as hell doesn't seem to be iron or steel.

Not only that, but the screen goes black, and assuming pulverization based on that seems like stretching it.

There are no fragments left, so pulverization should be fine if the wall was actually destroyed.

Therefir thinks Pulverization is fine, should I wait for more opinions?

I don't mind either Violent Fragmentation or Pulverzation.

What I care about more is if we should use Iron or Steel.

Yes Mettaton hit it multiple times, but no cracks or anything appeared.

I did take into account that the hole wasn't that deep. That's why I measured up to Frisk feet, that's where Mettaton should've been standing, nothing implies that the wall was made weaker either.

Additionally, this wall was effectively meant to be demolitioned ahead of time (Mettaton's appearance during the scene was planned in advance by both Mettaton and Alphys, if you'll remember), so it may not even be a true wall, but more of a Hollywood breakable stunt wall. It's not clear how much time they had to prepare for this scene, however, but it does cast the scale of the feat into doubt.

Not sure this is a valid calc, for reasons of too many uncertainties. The whole thing is supposed to be dramatic, so we can't really be sure any of it was real. The wall could have been made of plaster and the banging noise we heard just mettaton smacking his metal fist against his metal hand. Point is, the fact that the characters clearly planned this ahead of time and intended it to be theatrical easily means it's likely not what it appears to be.

TheRustyOne said:
Yes Mettaton hit it multiple times, but no cracks or anything appeared.

I did take into account that the hole wasn't that deep. That's why I measured up to Frisk feet, that's where Mettaton should've been standing, nothing implies that the wall was made weaker either.
Yeah, and no powder appeared either. Also, metal doesn't crack (it can, but sure as hell not like that).

Mettaton is thicker than Frisk tough, much more so.

I don't have much of a problem with it being metal, but then it's more likely to have been ripped.

I also can already feel people asking for 8-B based on the shock waves, but that would be at tier 7 (Yes, shacking the earth hard enough to throw people a feet in the air does qualify for magnitude 5.5), and I feel that's a pretty big outlier for something so ridiculously casual (it's also weird that no one outside acknowledges the earthquake at all).

I may be traveling with that idea but our battle with Tsundersplane is presumed melee, correct? Is his explosion just something to give weight if we kill them, or can you give something?

I don't know, that's a valid point.

You guys can decide that, I might calc Undyne's fire date disaster as well. A rough fire calc puts that at 9-A, though I doubt it can get higher than that.

FloweryAlex said:
As said above, there is freaking wood structures in hotland.
I really dislike the idea of scaling all of the characters to the gag with Undyne's ove. And when was it stated that Hotland is hoetter, anyways? She was fully armored in a "100 pound armor" back then, which she points out was the reason she fainted. She even says that she can go to visit Alphys's, so it's not like she faints every time. And the Oven's full heat soread over the wholle room, or beuildin, would be pretty damn low... and yet she still complains about the heat.

What even implies tier 8 beyond that one time with heat? Because at this point I feel that is either an outlier or simply resistance to heat. Froggit and co. have zero feats or statements.

And I don't see why you find a butterfly that can't even attack you being 10-C a problem or downplay. The early, weakest UT monsters have really no feats or anything.
To be honest i do agree with this to some extent. I think we should have a page regarding gag feats if we dont already which cover what types of gag feats should and shouldnt be classed as a feat. A gag feat should only really be taken seriously if the feat is somewhat consistent and not contradicted and/or it actually displays the level of damage it should cause (mainly with explosions). It is a major problem where the wiki cannot figure out which gag feats/statements are applicable or not (medaka box being a great example) and i havent found any real guidelines for this.

Plus their should be something involving "fake feats" where something impressive is seemingly performed (like a character surviving a huge exploding bomb which does nothing but turn them a bit black) but really the feat is just a cartoonish representation of an event happening. Normally in a symbolic fashion to entertain kids. If the event is actually happening and scales to the characters, then their is no reason to disregard it

The oven exploding really has nothing going against it and whilst to some degree a gag, it is something a minimally determined frisk survived and still scales his durability to. Though the feat is likely small building level anyway.

THANK YOU! Somebody else who treats gag feats the way I do—generally not seriously. This wiki needs more consistency when it comes to dealing with gag feats, because I find that far too many of them are taking completely seriously by many members of this wiki, even when it should be very clear that the feat in question is supposed to be a joke. Case in point, those who took Nabstablook's "light knocking on my door" feat seriously. Even if you discount the fact that light doesn't knock on people's doors (which should be the big clue that the feat is a gag), it is clearly supposed to be a joke from the way it is presented.

I can see the oven exploding being baseline 9-A, but not any higher than that, since destroying Undyne's house itself would be a small building level feat, and it survives.

That doesn't look like a explosion, it does no damage whatsoever and leaves the room on fire. That looks more like a heat expansion, like the flames bursted out of the stove and filled the room.

TheRustyOne said:
That doesn't look like a explosion, it does no damage whatsoever and leaves the room on fire. That looks more like a heat expansion, like the flames bursted out of the stove and filled the room.
That should still produce a fireball and some pressure wave, though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back