• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Why would that stop merch?
Toby is thought to feel uncomfortable with making merch of characters who are supposed to represent "real" people, as that'd undermine feelings of freedom & stuff he seems to want to emphasize in Deltarune.
Ostensibly, if plushies were made, that'd be implicitly admitting to Lightner characters like them are "fictional", when it's supposedly supposed to be that Lightners are "real" & Darkners are "fictional", & real people are more "free", supposedly.
(Even though, IMHO the Darkners are only "real" sometimes. Is it like an illusion, or creating life? Those sorts of topics.)

Toby Fox appears to be okay with fanmade merch of those characters, however. So if you want a plushie of Kris, Susie or Noelle or something/someone... I guess hope the independent crafters have good prices?

Mind, a lot of this is based on inference from his social media posts on Tumblr, linked earlier in this thread.

can we get a profile for the "evil wobbly thing"
MAYBE a Weapon Profile?

But it's be tricky to determine its speed, & we have no info about if its living or not.

An optimistic look is that for all we know, Toby named it vaguely to obfuscate details -Maybe its real name indicates it's part of something greater- & when we almost certainly get more about Castle Town's Dark World, we'll learn more.

It is a shame, albeit interesting, how barren & enigmatic Castle Town's Dark World is.
Towering spires of dirt & mud -Say, did anyone calc how far that fall is during the dodging Mini-Game?- with, IIRC, piles of something atop them. Dust, maybe? Do the file names tell us what those are? Those things which breaks apart & dissipates at the slightest touch....
In theory, life forms anywhere, but are those piles alive? Why are they there? Is it like, piles of gathered dust because the area's abandoned?

& yet between Castle Town & "The Great Door" its far -Sort of- more polished, with actual walls & a training dummy, at least.
Had Ralsei just gotten around to renovating west of Castle Town? Is it because East is near where The Great Door is?

Heck, IIRC, Ralsei takes care to close TGD behind him, & we know different Dark Worlds support different laws & such & that CD's Dark World is pure darkness, unlike that of The Card Kingdom.
Is he worried "impure" Darkness could leak in? Overlapping world laws or something?

Sorry for kinda rambling.

On that note, that reminds me.

Ralsei names Castle Town after the player's save file, but IIRC, if you haven't saved, it's just called Castle Town.

So does that mean Ralsei has some way of viewing information about the saves then, maybe? How else would he get the player's name?
But if it's a simulation by Gaster &/or Darkners/Dark Worlds are worlds within that, then why would Ralsei, a Darkner in a Dark World, be able to access that info?

IDK if this was posted before, but....

Any hopes for Newsletter content, y'all?

The LTS part (Seems to be Long Term Support.) gives me hope that Chapter 3+4 will be playable on my old-as-heck toaster of a PC.

On that note, that reminds me.

Ralsei names Castle Town after the player's save file, but IIRC, if you haven't saved, it's just called Castle Town.

So does that mean Ralsei has some way of viewing information about the saves then, maybe? How else would he get the player's name?
But if it's a simulation by Gaster &/or Darkners/Dark Worlds are worlds within that, then why would Ralsei, a Darkner in a Dark World, be able to access that info?
Ralsei has Gaster info, that's how he knows.

He says that the prophecy was "foretold by time and space", Gaster was also "shattered across time and space". Gaster also knows the proohecy, as in 2016-2017 the only thing on the Deltarune site was a single image of a part of the prophecy in Wingdings.

Jevil (who already has Gaster connections) and Ralsei are the only two darkners that are aware of the Roaring.

The most impressive thing about Deltarune isn't the lore or complexity

It is Kris' sheer freaking appetite.
The mf ate a WHOLE-ASS PIE in one go. We know Toriel's pies are OP as even a slice can heal 99 hp. This mf ate the whole damn thing in one go whilst half dead due to not having a soul for a while. Toriel needs to lock the oven sometimes due to this guy's innate insatiable appetite. She brings home kisses but he eats them up before she even notices. I think we'll always be a villain to Kris even if we're good simply because under our control he doesn't get to indulge in mukbang levels of consumption.

they

The most impressive thing about Deltarune isn't the lore or complexity

It is Kris' sheer freaking appetite.
The mf ate a WHOLE-ASS PIE in one go. We know Toriel's pies are OP as even a slice can heal 99 hp. This mf ate the whole damn thing in one go whilst half dead due to not having a soul for a while. Toriel needs to lock the oven sometimes due to this guy's innate insatiable appetite. She brings home kisses but he eats them up before she even notices. I think we'll always be a villain to Kris even if we're good simply because under our control he doesn't get to indulge in mukbang levels of consumption.
Fun fact: them eating the pie caused for Toriel to bake another pie which then caused for Susie to go to the sleepover which then caused for Susie to end up in the dark world Kris makes at the end

Realized that the new calc would make Sans physically stronger than Deltarune without even using KR, as the recalc makes that explosion 0.088 Tons, while Deltarune's best feat is 0.075 LMFAO.

Realized that the new calc would make Sans physically stronger than Deltarune without even using KR, as the recalc makes that explosion 0.088 Tons, while Deltarune's best feat is 0.075 LMFAO.
Sans solloing Deltarune with only his hands, no magic or hax is way WAY too funny lol

I tried my best.....hope everyone thinks it is better now

I tried my best.....hope everyone thinks it is better now
Meh it's ok, dw.

Honestly if 1 or 2 more threads like this happen then I think a discussion rule is in order at this point.

i now wonder, since we put the surname "Dreemur" to Kris' page since they are the child of Toriel and Asgore........wouldn't that also apply to Chara? As in, should their page get the same treatment, being then called "Chara Dreemur"? They were adopted into the Dreemur family after all

I forget: Have we done anything regarding the stat changes possible in Snowgrave route?
Including the "Noelle became stronger" stuff?

Back