• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So currently, the late Chapter 1-early Chapter 2 enemies are scaled off of an exhausted Berdly's durability calculation (25 megajoules) that happens near the end of Chapter 2 after beating Queen through fighting. Except there's an issue: nobody has really fought Berdly in his weakened state and so we have no reason to scale them to that.

Furthermore, Berdly's coaster destruction durability feat (316 megajoules) happens around 1/3 into Chapter 2, and he's fought twice before you eventually fight Spamton who is currently scaled off of exhausted Berdly's calculation, who we know Jevil was capable of beating. And if we scaled Kris off Berdly's coaster calculation and base Spamton to exhausted Berdly's explosion calculation, Kris would've one-shot Spamton by now which he clearly doesn't when attacking him.

Given how Kris could harm Berdly with their attacks in both fights and Spamton can survive attacks from Kris (Especially since Jevil was stated to have beaten base Spamton before), I propose this new scaling:

Any late Chapter 1 enemy as well as every Chapter 2 enemy scales to 316 megajoules, while characters who scale to Spamton NEO should upscale from 316 megajoules.

EDIT: It’s been agreed that the 316 megajoules value should not only scale to late game Chapter 1, but also early game (even as a downscale) since Kris keeps his Wood Blade at default for Chapter 2 to imply they never changed their weapon throughout Chapter 1 in canon and Lancer, who is the first enemy you fight in Chapter 1, can hurt his father who scales to Jevil.

Last edited:
So currently, the late Chapter 1-early Chapter 2 enemies are scaled off of an exhausted Berdly's durability calculation (25 megajoules) that happens near the end of Chapter 2 after beating Queen through fighting. Except there's an issue: nobody has really fought Berdly in his weakened state and so we have no reason to scale them to that.

Furthermore, Berdly's coaster destruction durability feat (316 megajoules) happens around 1/3 into Chapter 2, and he's fought twice before you eventually fight Spamton who is currently scaled off of exhausted Berdly's calculation, who we know Jevil was capable of beating. And if we scaled Kris off Berdly's coaster calculation and base Spamton to exhausted Berdly's explosion calculation, Kris would've one-shot Spamton by now which he clearly doesn't when attacking him.

Given how Kris could harm Berdly with their attacks in both fights and Spamton can survive attacks from Kris (Especially since Jevil was stated to have beaten base Spamton before), I propose this new scaling:

Any late Chapter 1 enemy as well as every Chapter 2 enemy scales to 316 megajoules, while characters who scale to Spamton NEO should upscale from 316 megajoules.
one issue, what's the point in separating late and early enemies values? The main party gets 0 required stat amps in either chapter, and you even fight early game enemies in the mansion at chapter two, so there's really no point in not scaling literally the entire verse to 316

one issue, what's the point in separating late and early enemies values? The main party gets 0 required stat amps in either chapter, and you even fight early game enemies in the mansion at chapter two, so there's really no point in not scaling literally the entire verse to 316
Having a stronger attack/defense stat, just by upscaling or downscaling from the value. You do bring up the point that you don’t need to change equipment at any point during either chapter, especially since the default weapon Kris has in Chapter 2 is the Wood Blade which you literally get at the start of Chapter 1.

Also, now that I recall, Lancer was able to harm his father in order to break free from his grip shortly before the final fight, and he’s supposed to literally be the first enemy you fight within Chapter 1. So, I wouldn’t mind early Chapter 1 enemies downscaling from 316 megajoules.

Last edited:
NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE [[a delicious, perfectly balanced in taste and texture]] REVISION! I [[sign over my rights]] FOR THE [[Pipis]] ABOVE!!!1!
AHAHEAHEAHEHAEHAHE

A post from @GodlyCharmander that he has asked me to relay during his ban:

"I agree with this revision. We should use the stats as a metric for the scaling (not linearly, of course), but they should downscale from Berdly's feat"

That is all.
Really? Where have you got a hold of him? From what I remember, he kept saying he was against it.

By the way, may I just mention that the Deltarune tag in this thread is for the Joke-Battles Subforum's Deltarune Tag?

By the way, may I just mention that the Deltarune tag in this thread is for the Joke-Battles Subforum's Deltarune Tag?
...no it isn’t? That tag has serious threads within them that don’t feel like they are from Joke Battles.

Back