• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

clam girl is also grey and doesn't talk about Gaster (she talks about Deltarune though)

And everything Monster Kid Goner says applies to the FUN events. If you don't get the right fun value, they don't exist. Everything functions perfectly without them though.

ALTHOUGH you might be right, on https://deltarune.com/egg page Noelle says that she doesn't remember the name of the egg and the author of the mysterious letter from the Valentine Newsletter who may or may not be Gaster says "YES, IT'S QUITE IRONIC, BUT I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN"
But also one of the Gaster followers implied Asgore remembered how brilliant Gaster was and that's why it took him so long to pick a new royal scientist

clam girl is also grey and doesn't talk about Gaster (she talks about Deltarune though)
This is true.
And everything Monster Kid Goner says applies to the FUN events. If you don't get the right fun value, they don't exist. Everything functions perfectly without them though.
Perhaps. Wanna more solid evidence for NEP tho.
ALTHOUGH you might be right, on https://deltarune.com/egg page Noelle says that she doesn't remember the name of the egg and the author of the mysterious letter from the Valentine Newsletter who may or may not be from Gaster says "YES, IT'S QUITE IRONIC, BUT I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN"
Think this is pretty vague to be related to Goner Kid ngl.

But also one of the Gaster followers implied Asgore remembered how brilliant Gaster was and that's why it took him so long to pick a new royal scientist
Hence why his Type 5 Aspect for NEP is only a possibly.

Tried to give my interpretation on Gaster. Any thoughts?

Yes, this is obviously meant to be kept as a sandbox, any attempt to make it in a profile should be instantly shut down obviously.

Very tiny correction: Gaster's name isn't W. D. Gaster, it's W.D. Gaster, without the space between W. and D.

It looks like a space because "." in Undertale occupies the same place as all other characters. His name is likely WingDings Gaster

This is true.

Perhaps. Wanna more solid evidence for NEP tho.

Think this is pretty vague to be related to Goner Kid ngl.

Hence why his Type 5 Aspect for NEP is only a possibly.
Yeah Goner Kid doesn't have to talk about Gaster

I assume his physiology might be similar to that of Giygas, but this is only because I like Gaster takes which are directly inspired by Giygas and I think Toby might also be drawing parallels between the two.

The two examples I sent (the egg and the letter, both of which might or might not be from Gaster) are more tied to Gaster himself than to Goner Kid tbh.

Makes sense.

Though REDACTED makes me thing that Gaster is probably taking multiple forms, as pieces of himself are scattered.

What if both Mystery Man and REDACTED are Gaster's pieces?
redacted is locked behind a dogcheck, I don't think he's even canon. Unlike Gaster he also speaks in fully lowercase text and with an asterisk

I assume his physiology might be similar to that of Giygas, but this is only because I like Gaster takes which are directly inspired by Giygas and I think Toby might also be drawing parallels between the two.
I do not think that using other franchises is exactly helpful if we're going to analyze those under a powerscaling lens, as only us are nerds who overlook details like these... Don't even think Toby even knows what Abstract Existence is.

split personalities :#
redacted is dogchecked (and therefore likely not canon) and also most likely less important than mysteryman, as Mysteryman has an entire poem about him hidden in Deltarune's files and the man behind the tree exists, plus Mysteryman always gets erased from merch and replaced by something else, while redacted is on the UT vinyl

I do not think that using other franchises is exactly helpful if we're going to analyze those under a powerscaling lens, as only us are nerds who overlook details like these... Don't even think Toby even knows what Abstract Existence is.
i mean it's a franchise that Deltarune and Undertale are heavily inspired by

Speaking of Deltarune cosmology
What does the seal between the DEPTHS and the light world count as? Clearly it's not the third dimension unless you believe there's an ocean of darkness a few centimeters below Hometown which somehow doesn't sound likely to me.

There's also whatever sans and Papyrus might have used to travel from Deltarune to Undertale and the way Gaster's shattering caused for him to be present in Deltarune as well

while redacted is on the UT vinyl
Didn't know.
What does the seal between the DEPTHS and the light world count as? Clearly it's not the third dimension unless you believe there's an ocean of darkness a few centimeters below Hometown which somehow doesn't sound likely to me.
Maybe it's a spatial separation like with Dragon Ball's Living World and Afterlife.

I’m surprised nobody has calced Undyne wielding a sword 10 times her size yet.
When did she do that?
Tried to give my interpretation on Gaster. Any thoughts?

Yes, this is obviously meant to be kept as a sandbox, any attempt to make it in a profile should be instantly shut down obviously.

" but shattering his very essence into an endless number of pieces across time and space. "

Source that it was an endless number of pieces?

" However, the fact Gaster ever existed at all is never brought up except by several equally as mysterious individuals. "

Isn't he referred to indirectly as the previous Royal Scientist, by Alphys & others?

Why not a Possibly or a Likely? Also, for all we know, this was a projection of an image he dispelled, or a hallucination. The explanations you provided are likely, but they're not the only ones, & we have little indicating what they could be.

Speed: Unknown, possibly Omnipresent (Gaster is apparently shattered across all time and space, being stated to always listen

NLF, the dialogue says:
  • Well, I needn't gossip.
  • After all, it's rude to talk about someone who's listening.
It isn't stated that he's ALWAYS listening, & we don't know if why he's listening there -If the Follower is accurate- applies to all circumstances. Maybe Hotland is special, since it's where his great work, the CORE is, or he listens when one of his followers are present?

despite being unable to interact with anything, only be able to watch as the world goes on without him

Conjecture? Goner Kid's dialogue is as follows:
  • Have you ever thought about a world where everything is exactly the same...
  • Except you don't exist?
  • Everything functions perfectly without you...
  • Ha, ha... The thought terrifies me.
  • ... [Talk again]
  • [If holding an umbrella]
    • An umbrella...? But it's not raining.
    • Ha, ha...
    • You know, that does make me feel a little better about this.
    • Thank you.
    • Please forget about me.
      • Please don't think about this anymore. [Talk again]
It doesn't seem to be directly about Gaster, at best, he's alluding to what may be the case, or he's being a creepy weirdo, as is par for Gaster followers in-game, & speculating about himself not existing. Similarly, his dialogue doesn't really suggest Gaster is able to watch.
Especially if he IS suggesting Gaster doesn't exist, because a logical conclusion of not existing is not being able to perceive stuff. In context, he mentions knowing everything functions perfectly without you because he's thinking about what the world is like, not what it's like to be non-existent, I think.

Otherwise, I believe I'm fine with it, & I like it!

There's what a few CM below the Light World? Source?

Back