• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Fucken hell, at this rate with your upgrades, Reimu would probably make the entire Sailor Squad her bitches with minimal effort
im sure it wont be impossible to find a fair fight for Touhous.....but im gonna have to look at Marvel/DC heralds....bleh

(or insert other overpowered anime like Umineko)

The nature of VSBW makes it really difficult to find fair high tier matches. There's a reason why most matches use characters in tier 9/8. Please don't feed Touhou to Umineko though, I already know how that'll go.

Yeah, im not gonna feed anything to that broken mess that is Umineko. But hey, at least Remilia, once she gets her upgrades, could beat Rachel
(tbh, im probably gonna stick to joke MUs with all stats equalized so all of my MUs arent terrible stomps lmfao)

Not gonna disclose what this is about yet, but holy shit why do the book covers/CD covers keep giving the most insane shit imaginable?

Lmfao i have no idea, im just here to watch the fireworks and the shitstorm when you open the gates of the most broken cast of anime women imagineable

I've got a long way to go, but thanks to the Chinese wiki, I'm making progress on a lot of things I would've considered impossible a couple months ago. Tentatively predicting that this will go up in mid-2024, assuming the profile rewrites don't beat my ass (which is unlikely).

I don't know if it's good to ask this considering that the profiles are being rewritten and all, but is the dragon god really the top 1 of the scaling chain? I've seen that the mention of PMiSS can be interpreted as him defeating the " Youkai sages " .

I don't know if it's good to ask this considering that the profiles are being rewritten and all, but is the dragon god really the top 1 of the scaling chain? I've seen that the mention of PMiSS can be interpreted as him defeating the " Youkai sages " .
no lol

The Dragon God has never fought anybody, and his best direct feat is the whole "rending the heavens" with his roar thing, which could generously be seen as 2-C/2-B and is consistent with similar Heaven-busting feats. There are definitely characters stronger than him though, seeing as WoG treats Jidiao like Yachie as being comparable to dragons (which would naturally extend to Yuuma, Flandre, and the upper echelon of high tiers), and of course, Momoyo's whole deal is eating dragons.

Simply put, Dragon God is powerful, but compared to a lot of the other, more popular characters.....he's basically nothing. When you share a verse with Yukari Yakumo, simply busting Heaven is nothing
Its funny, since Suika had been able to essentially smash and rebuild Heaven as well, and shes just an Oni!

Ngl the more I think about it, the more I think my proposed scaling chain is gonna piss people off lol

Saying that Byakuren is several degrees of oneshotting above Yorihime would get you crucified back in ye olden days of Touhou scaling.

Hahah, i cant wait to be ready to get you down from the crucifix because i damn well know these people are gonna try and do it
Cant wait for people to shit bricks when Yukari can shitstomp Gilgamesh even harder

Saying that Byakuren is several degrees of oneshotting above Yorihim-
fAICtdZ.png

Ya know, with all the planned upgrades, is Cirno vs Jack Frost going to be an actually good MU and not a shitstomp in Jack's favor? Or is Cirno's best opponent still Trixie Lulamoon?

One major upside of my obsessive dedication to being as thorough as possible is that it exposes me to numerous things I never even knew existed. For example, this official PV for the Grimoire of Usami:

To my knowledge, this is the only time something like this has been done for a new Touhou release. What the fuck?

no lol

The Dragon God has never fought anybody, and his best direct feat is the whole "rending the heavens" with his roar thing, which could generously be seen as 2-C/2-B and is consistent with similar Heaven-busting feats. There are definitely characters stronger than him though, seeing as WoG treats Jidiao like Yachie as being comparable to dragons (which would naturally extend to Yuuma, Flandre, and the upper echelon of high tiers), and of course, Momoyo's whole deal is eating dragons.
so... what the heck did he really do with the "youkai sages"?

Also, here's some good Hecatia art, or the second best Hecatia-related content in AFiEU.
800px-__cover2.jpg

so... what the heck did he really do with the "youkai sages"?
Nothing. He just made some storms that would've destroyed Gensokyo, and the sages went "hey man could you like. stop." and then he did. Nobody scales to anything here because not every character interaction has to be scalable.

Nothing. He just made some storms that would've destroyed Gensokyo, and the sages went "hey man could you like. stop." and then he did. Nobody scales to anything here because not every character interaction has to be scalable.
even if he is worshipped by all living beings as it is said and that "Oh my god the youkai sages bet their existence asking him to stop" just because he is supposedly the "supreme god of gensokyo".

With all that in mind, here's all the stuff I need help tracking down still:
-Manuals for IaMP and SWR.
-ULiL PS4 tutorial. Doesn't matter if it's text or footage.
-SCoOW volumes 1-9. We're missing a lot scattered across these magazines.

-Which Came First, Hakurei Kannushi’s Games or Beer? 1-....I honestly don't know how many of these columns there are, but it's definitely over 100. Sources for old issues of Comp Ace/Comptiq are appreciated.
-Transcribed versions of Touhou Station streams (lol, lmao even).
-Literally anything at all from Nikenme Radio please god I'm suffering-
UPDATE: I recently managed to find the PS4 ULiL tutorial, so this list is now outdated. ZUN's beer column and Nikenme Radio are what's left in terms of unavailable content (and really, the former is just an issue of money), and that's it. CD covers have also been fully covered, as have various book covers/bonus materials/official website descriptions from publishers/whatever else. After making it through what I previously considered some of the biggest hurdles in the course of my research, I'm feeling pretty good about the state of this revision.

About momoyo , since she has no profile currently... how does her ability work and can her eat dragon gods like the dragon god?
Dragons are literally considered to be strong kind of gods within Gensokyo iirc. Momoyo's whole gimmick revolve around the fact that all youkai fear from her and never approach her at all, including dragons. People don't know whether she can actually eat dragons or not, but she was eating 'dragon gems' as a substitute in story, which are Izanagi Objects (an example of these objects would be like Reimu's Yin-Yang Orb, which was crafted by Misumaru from similarly ancient materials).

Mhm. Tier 0 would only happen if the tiering system changes, though, and I'm not 100% sure if it'd apply to nameless gods, but it's a distinct possibility. Planet level Meiling is pretty silly because like. the entire basis for that is the back of a CD cover, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be valid.
Tiers 1-A to High 1-A would be the most realistic outcomes IMO since it still doesn't seem like there's enough details that make it clear that they are genuinely nondual entities and the relationship between Junko and the Nameless Gods is also a little murky. Although even if Touhou caps at 1-A it would still crush the most of the site lmao.

Tiers 1-A to High 1-A would be the most realistic outcomes IMO since it still doesn't seem like there's enough details that make it clear that they are genuinely nondual entities and the relationship between Junko and the Nameless Gods is also a little murky. Although even if Touhou caps at 1-A it would still crush the most of the site lmao.
Which is why I said I'm not totally sure yet. To be honest, a lot of stuff that's 1-A and up is in the category of "wait and see", since I'm not entirely confident in my understanding of the new system and want to see what other people are able to get passed.

Just wanna go ahead and ask
Yukari Yakumo vs Bill Cipher in his Physical form, SBA, all that jazz. Horrible stomp, or actual fair fight?

(why do i even bother lmfao)

I mean, yeah, im sure Yukari would win out eventually considering Bill can get very simple minded with his goals and **** with him further. I think Bill has wincons, but Yukari would pull hers out first

the dragon god counts in this of all the dragons as yachie or tenryu? it can be interpreted that there are dragons and then dragon gods... it seems confusing to me.
I mean, I think all dragons are gods (unless Yachie contradicts to that?), but if you'd want a proper distinction, Momoyo's omake states that not even "massive dragons dare to approach them".

I've been playing Toro's (The creator of Touhou Igyoukyo Grotesque Land Story) games and I noticed he used an idea he had in Grotesque land story in one of his games.

In Grotesque land story, Variant Sanae can inflict a curse upon all those who harm her followers which cause illusions and eventually death.
That's how she killed Patchouli. I'm pretty sure Flandre got cursed but I don't remember if she died. I forgot all the others who got cursed but Patchy died

And in his future works, he used a similar idea. On one of his games if you harm the followers of a certain god (Either by being homophobic towards his followers, killing them, slapping the food they gift you out of their hands and crushing it in front of them or trying to steal their blood) you get a curse that can't be removed no matter how much you die and revive. It can only be removed if you time travel to the past.
That curse makes it so that every time you enter a new area in that game, there's a chance you get jumpscared. You're also followed by followers of that god who want to kill you.
It's very interesting.

Now that I've started cracking into more untranslated/hard to find material, I'm finding some pretty funny stuff. Notably, Tewi and Reisen are aware of the audience and respond to letters written by people who bought the special edition of IoM&IoE in-universe. The ULiL tutorial was mostly worth the hassle to find btw, since it heavily implies that spell card users can make barriers that are invulnerable to specific forms of attack (eg; making a barrier that is immune to spell cards, but can be hit by regular projectile attacks) in addition to its regular effects, so that's neat. Speaking of barriers, HM establishes that the passive barriers spell card users create when stunned can be bypassed by spell cards/Last Words, but there are also other passive barriers that can't be bypassed even by spell cards (ie; spell card users have barrier negation and layered barrier creation lol).

Consider this a mini-progress update since progress has been pretty slow lately and I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

Now that I've started cracking into more untranslated/hard to find material, I'm finding some pretty funny stuff. Notably, Tewi and Reisen are aware of the audience and respond to letters written by people who bought the special edition of IoM&IoE in-universe. The ULiL tutorial was mostly worth the hassle to find btw, since it heavily implies that spell card users can make barriers that are invulnerable to specific forms of attack (eg; making a barrier that is immune to spell cards, but can be hit by regular projectile attacks) in addition to its regular effects, so that's neat. Speaking of barriers, HM establishes that the passive barriers spell card users create when stunned can be bypassed by spell cards/Last Words, but there are also other passive barriers that can't be bypassed even by spell cards (ie; spell card users have barrier negation and layered barrier creation lol).

Consider this a mini-progress update since progress has been pretty slow lately and I'm just getting back into the swing of things.
Addendum: Marisa can break out of the comic panels. Fucking somehow.

I've been playing Toro's (The creator of Touhou Igyoukyo Grotesque Land Story) games and I noticed he used an idea he had in Grotesque land story in one of his games.

In Grotesque land story, Variant Sanae can inflict a curse upon all those who harm her followers which cause illusions and eventually death.
That's how she killed Patchouli. I'm pretty sure Flandre got cursed but I don't remember if she died. I forgot all the others who got cursed but Patchy died

And in his future works, he used a similar idea. On one of his games if you harm the followers of a certain god (Either by being homophobic towards his followers, killing them, slapping the food they gift you out of their hands and crushing it in front of them or trying to steal their blood) you get a curse that can't be removed no matter how much you die and revive. It can only be removed if you time travel to the past.
That curse makes it so that every time you enter a new area in that game, there's a chance you get jumpscared. You're also followed by followers of that god who want to kill you.
It's very interesting.
Black soul?

Back