• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Surreal. Research could very well wrap up before the end of the year.
image.png

image.png

image.png

(Everything below HSiFS is also labeled "mostly done")

Holy shit, this is going to be quite the thread to buff everyone. I do wanna see funny gap hag get even more powerful lol

Wow. What is this list all about and what about the "mostly done"?
This list is a list of every piece of Touhou media that I have been researching in preparation for a large series of revisions. Anything labeled "done" has been completely covered; For example, EoSD is "done" because I have researched and indexed all relevant material from the story routes, extra stages, manual, music comments, CD cover, and what have you. The green check mark indicates that I've taken all the relevant information from that section and copy/pasted it into one of two documents - the first is a list of every CRT I plan to make, and the second is for every profile I plan to rewrite from scratch (eg; new abilities would be organized in the former doc, while new justifications for old abilities would go in the latter doc). Anything labeled "mostly done" is, well, mostly done save for one or two sections; Most games are labeled "mostly done" because everything except for the gameplay footage has been indexed.

This list is a list of every piece of Touhou media that I have been researching in preparation for a large series of revisions. Anything labeled "done" has been completely covered; For example, EoSD is "done" because I have researched and indexed all relevant material from the story routes, extra stages, manual, music comments, CD cover, and what have you. The green check mark indicates that I've taken all the relevant information from that section and copy/pasted it into one of two documents - the first is a list of every CRT I plan to make, and the second is for every profile I plan to rewrite from scratch (eg; new abilities would be organized in the former doc, while new justifications for old abilities would go in the latter doc). Anything labeled "mostly done" is, well, mostly done save for one or two sections; Most games are labeled "mostly done" because everything except for the gameplay footage has been indexed.
Hey, Fuji, i have to ask.....are you ok? With the amount of stuff you had to sort, read, and overall absorb....you need a break

Hey, Fuji, i have to ask.....are you ok? With the amount of stuff you had to sort, read, and overall absorb....you need a break
You think I'd be doing this if I didn't enjoy it? You're looking at one of the most comically obsessed Touhou fans on the planet over here. This series has, no exaggeration, changed my life for the better, and I love it with all of my heart and soul because of that. I choose to take in all this info, as absurdly dense and convoluted as it may be, not because I feel like it's an obligation I have to uphold for this silly hobby (I would've quit months ago if that was the case), but because I'm more than insane enough to adore diving through foreign wikis in search of obscure bonus materials from a special edition of a manga sold by one specific distributor at 3am. I couldn't do that if I didn't love this series.

As much as I joke about my frustration with finding certain things or trying to fit pieces of the lore together, I really don't think anything has pushed me to my limit yet. When it comes to Touhou, I don't think I have a limit.

You think I'd be doing this if I didn't enjoy it? You're looking at one of the most comically obsessed Touhou fans on the planet over here. This series has, no exaggeration, changed my life for the better, and I love it with my heart and soul because of that. I choose to take in all this info, as absurdly dense and convoluted as it may be, not because I feel like it's an obligation I have to uphold for this silly hobby (I would've quit months ago if that was the case), but because I'm more than insane enough to adore diving through foreign wikis in search of obscure bonus materials from a special edition of a manga sold by one specific distributor at 3am. I couldn't do that if I didn't love this series.

As much as I joke about my frustration with finding certain things or trying to fit pieces of the lore together, I really don't think anything has pushed me to my limit yet. When it comes to Touhou, I don't think I have a limit.
Well, all i can say is.....wow. Calling you dedicated would be a comical understatement- but hey, if what your doing it something you enjoy, then dont let anyone stop ya. Cant wait to see what absurd thread you create next

(whats next, Yukari has several forms of casuality manip and has enough 4th wall awareness to make you make her a sandwich? Wouldnt be surprised given the....absurd nature of the series)

Well, all i can say is.....wow. Calling you dedicated would be a comical understatement- but hey, if what your doing it something you enjoy, then dont let anyone stop ya. Cant wait to see what absurd thread you create next
To be blunt, it's the autism lol

I've gone through a couple of special interests in my life, but I think Touhou's the one that'll stick with me permanently. Not gonna divulge personal info, but I think a big part of it is how I got into it right around a period of major transition in my life (literally and metaphorically, if you catch my drift). The themes resonated a lot with what I was feeling at the time and helped me carve a new path forward, I suppose.
(whats next, Yukari has several forms of casuality manip and has enough 4th wall awareness to make you make her a sandwich? Wouldnt be surprised given the....absurd nature of the series)
No causality hax actually, but if the results of my research today are any indication, everybody is getting some insane 4th wall breaking. Responding to viewers, making their own out-of-universe merchandise, breaking out of manga panels, holding the script to the series, basically everything just shy of plot hax (and a few things that do cross that border, with hopefully more to follow).

You think I'd be doing this if I didn't enjoy it? You're looking at one of the most comically obsessed Touhou fans on the planet over here. This series has, no exaggeration, changed my life for the better, and I love it with all of my heart and soul because of that. I choose to take in all this info, as absurdly dense and convoluted as it may be, not because I feel like it's an obligation I have to uphold for this silly hobby (I would've quit months ago if that was the case), but because I'm more than insane enough to adore diving through foreign wikis in search of obscure bonus materials from a special edition of a manga sold by one specific distributor at 3am. I couldn't do that if I didn't love this series.

no wonder this series that I also love is getting very good revisions and CRTS thanks to you, you surprise me.

To be blunt, it's the autism lol

I've gone through a couple of special interests in my life, but I think Touhou's the one that'll stick with me permanently. Not gonna divulge personal info, but I think a big part of it is how I got into it right around a period of major transition in my life (literally and metaphorically, if you catch my drift). The themes resonated a lot with what I was feeling at the time and helped me carve a new path forward, I suppose.

No causality hax actually, but if the results of my research today are any indication, everybody is getting some insane 4th wall breaking. Responding to viewers, making their own out-of-universe merchandise, breaking out of manga panels, holding the script to the series, basically everything just shy of plot hax (and a few things that do cross that border, with hopefully more to follow).
Glad to see things are going well! Thats all i gotta say

As for the hax.....oh dear god, you might as well give these MFs actual plot manip so Marisa vs Matt is actually fair (besides just stripping Matt of his plot hax but whatever). I just hope to see that Cirno can see some of those, so she may truly be the strongest
(imagine Cirno being in like Tier One simply to spite the Cirno vs Jack Frost kiddos)

Glad to see things are going well! Thats all i gotta say

As for the hax.....oh dear god, you might as well give these MFs actual plot manip so Marisa vs Matt is actually fair (besides just stripping Matt of his plot hax but whatever). I just hope to see that Cirno can see some of those, so she may truly be the strongest
(imagine Cirno being in like Tier One simply to spite the Cirno vs Jack Frost kiddos)
Plot hax will be tricky to pull off, because while I think there is a solid case for it, none of the evidence is 100% foolproof. It's definitely gonna be one of the more difficult parts of the revision to get passed. Youkai have unrelated arguments for it (similar to what Castlevania has, if you're familiar with that), but again, they're not quite as solid as I'd like.

Plot hax will be tricky to pull off, because while I think there is a solid case for it, none of the evidence is 100% foolproof. It's definitely gonna be one of the more difficult parts of the revision to get passed. Youkai have unrelated arguments for it (similar to what Castlevania has, if you're familiar with that), but again, they're not quite as solid as I'd like.
Im pretty sure this is going to be like Touhou Infinite Speed, round 2, electric boogaloo. Plenty of proof that it can happen, but of course, people are gonna try and debate it with the same old tired arguments

(im not even gonna go over my issues with Reisen not closing all the doors in time in the Infinite Corridor. Assuming she didnt do it through some magical means, she would have to close every single door.....in an infinite corridor.....while trying to keep pace with the protags all at the same time. That would most likely make Reisen infinite....and since the high/god tiers scale.....anyways, ya get my point. Stupidity inbound)

Hey fuji. as I remembered ULiL because of the tutorial, Sumireko has a speed feat by getting the 7 orbs like "Occult ball Stonehenge" or "Occult ball Pyramids"?, did she had those orbs or did she have to travel the world to get them?

Im pretty sure this is going to be like Touhou Infinite Speed, round 2, electric boogaloo. Plenty of proof that it can happen, but of course, people are gonna try and debate it with the same old tired arguments

(im not even gonna go over my issues with Reisen not closing all the doors in time in the Infinite Corridor. Assuming she didnt do it through some magical means, she would have to close every single door.....in an infinite corridor.....while trying to keep pace with the protags all at the same time. That would most likely make Reisen infinite....and since the high/god tiers scale.....anyways, ya get my point. Stupidity inbound)
The difference is that infinite speed is very well substantiated across multiple feats and has almost no valid points against the main three feats that we're using (four now, I suppose). Plot hax doesn't have nearly as much evidence going for it in comparison, at least not when it comes to claiming that it's something everyone can do.
Hey fuji. as I remembered ULiL because of the tutorial, Sumireko has a speed feat by getting the 7 orbs like "Occult ball Stonehenge" or "Occult ball Pyramids"?, did she had those orbs or did she have to travel the world to get them?
1. I don't remember lol 2. Even if that were the case, determining a timeframe would be impossible. 3. I don't think the result would be particularly notable, as there are dozens of better speed feats she scales to. 4. Sumireko can teleport. So can the Occult Balls.

Wouldn't matter anyways, since Sumireko's doppelganger and dream self have the exact same powers as her real self.
Yeah. If I remember correctly, was there a mention or scan that said that the dream world versions are same counterparts to the real ones but with the detail that they are more aggressive versions?

Minus gameplay footage for the games, only Impossible Spell Card and Eastern and Little Nature Deity remain in terms of "main canon" content. While I'm not really counting Lotus Eaters or Cheating Detective Satori because they're ongoing, everything else is indexed to the fullest extent possible. My heart's pounding out of my chest at the thought of finally finishing up the research portion of this revision. Or maybe that's just because of the excessive amounts of soda I drink.

Minus gameplay footage for the games, only Impossible Spell Card and Eastern and Little Nature Deity remain in terms of "main canon" content. While I'm not really counting Lotus Eaters or Cheating Detective Satori because they're ongoing, everything else is indexed to the fullest extent possible. My heart's pounding out of my chest at the thought of finally finishing up the research portion of this revision. Or maybe that's just because of the excessive amounts of soda I drink.
oh. and when everything is ready... the wiki pages that explain the "Powers and abilities" or the "cosmology" will eventually be updated with more content and additions?

oh. and when everything is ready... the wiki pages that explain the "Powers and abilities" or the "cosmology" will eventually be updated with more content and additions?
Yeah. We won't have a general "powers and abilities" blog anymore though, since there isn't any need for it. We may also need different cosmology blogs in order to tackle the 2-B, 1-C, and 1-A ratings separately.

Yeah. We won't have a general "powers and abilities" blog anymore though, since there isn't any need for it. We may also need different cosmology blogs in order to tackle the 2-B, 1-C, and 1-A ratings separately.
Why are "Powers and Abilities" blogs no longer needed in the verse?

Why are "Powers and Abilities" blogs no longer needed in the verse?
I'd rather keep ability explanations either on the specific pages they pertain to (for example, we don't really need a breakdown of Reimu's powers when we could just... add that to Reimu's page), and split the verse-wide stuff into their own dedicated blogs instead of just clumping it all together into one needlessly long blog.

I'd rather keep ability explanations either on the specific pages they pertain to (for example, we don't really need a breakdown of Reimu's powers when we could just... add that to Reimu's page), and split the verse-wide stuff into their own dedicated blogs instead of just clumping it all together into one needlessly long blog.
Right. and since you mention reimu , in her profile the "shrine maiden powers" are necessary in her profile? i mean... i don't think reimu powers depends totally on her "god" . and also illustrations like the new one on touhou 19 will be added in the profiles rewrite? oh and also by the way... is there any explanation why she is 20 years old in the windows era? if i remember correctly the ages of the main characters in the verse are undefined.

Last edited:
Right. and since you mention reimu , in her profile the "shrine maiden powers" are necessary in her profile? i mean... i don't think reimu powers depends totally on her "god" .
I don't think it's necessary because it's just copy/pasted from the Touhou wiki, like most information. That said, Reimu doesn't need the gods for her powers, but her summoning them is noteworthy enough to have its own section.
and also illustrations like the new one on touhou 19 will be added in the profiles rewrite?
Yeah. I'm gonna have to do so many renders, which I'm not looking forward to.
is there any explanation why she is 20 years old in the windows era? if i remember correctly the ages of the main characters in the verse are undefined.
Presumably because she's a heavy drinker and ZUN has said that he doesn't want to depict underage drinking. Reimu should be an adult, in any case, given that she's around the same age as Marisa and Marisa is viewed as the three fairies of light's mom.

Mind listing those? Just so I'm curious.
-Spirit manipulation (split into two, maybe three different subtypes because dualistic pluralism is a thing)
-Fortune/Misfortune manipulation
-Purity/Impurity
-Magic (yes, this has enough to be considered a verse power)
-Spell cards
-Name manipulation
-Urban legends (not sure about this one yet)
-Song manipulation (this one doesn't have a canon name but idk how else to explain that character themes are canon and have like 8 different abilities attached)
-Physiology (not sure if I'm gonna split this one into parts, like different pages for youkai and god physiology, for example)
-Verse-wide stuff that isn't connected to any of the above, like NEP or acausality

Things could change depending on how I feel when I actually start writing all this out, but this is a good baseline for now.

Back