• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Did a quick render of Sumireko because I like how she's drawn here. I'll be rendering the rest overtime, there are some I really wanna use as the main image for profiles.
sumiweko.png

I was gonna go through the CD covers for the games today, since the Chinese Wiki has them and I figured it'd only take like an hour at most. Unfortunately for my free time, within 5 minutes I realized that the back of one cover establishes that Touhou's earth is stupidly huge (just like One Piece), so I'm having to go back and consult like 5 different sources to recalc the Giant Catfish's planet busting stuff. Why is this series like this.

Completely out of curiosity, I decided to calc the planet's GBE.
  • Earth's diameter = 12742 km
  • Touhou Earth's diameter = 560000 km
  • Square cube law (for mass) = (560000/12742)^3*5.9722e24 = 5.06973924e29 Kg
  • GBE = (3 * 6.67408e-11 * (5.06973924e29^2))/(5*280000000) = 3.67583384e40 Joules.
Which is about 8.78 Quettatons or Low 4-C.

Damn.
So when's Meiling vs Whitebeard happening
I wonder.. how do you render stuff?
Very slowly.

It's usually just a matter of selecting whatever parts of the background you want to be transparent, and then erasing them. It's pretty simple, but actually getting it to look good is difficult because you usually end up with a lot of pixels around the edge of an image that you have to remove manually (which takes a while). For example:
SEXOOOOO.png

This one's gonna take a while lol

So when's Meiling vs Whitebeard happening

Very slowly.

It's usually just a matter of selecting whatever parts of the background you want to be transparent, and then erasing them. It's pretty simple, but actually getting it to look good is difficult because you usually end up with a lot of pixels around the edge of an image that you have to remove manually (which takes a while). For example:
SEXOOOOO.png

This one's gonna take a while lol
That koakuma design was never fanon.... oh wow.

Just looked through this page.....did i hear potential tier 0 Touhou and tier 5 Meiling? Well....i am very interested to say the least

Do wanna ask something about Murasa, i need an opponent for her- because the only thing i got is Percy Jackson from the Riordianverse, and even then, the connections are shaky and it seems like some form of stomp. Best UFO girl deserves better

Hey , in the profiles when I check the scan of surviving in the former hell only kasen appears but not characters that have that resistance like marisa or reimu. Is there a scan that shows that those two or other characters can survive the former hell and have resistance to poison besides kasen? since kasen only appears in that scan but not other characters.

Just looked through this page.....did i hear potential tier 0 Touhou and tier 5 Meiling? Well....i am very interested to say the least
Mhm. Tier 0 would only happen if the tiering system changes, though, and I'm not 100% sure if it'd apply to nameless gods, but it's a distinct possibility. Planet level Meiling is pretty silly because like. the entire basis for that is the back of a CD cover, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be valid.

Do wanna ask something about Murasa, i need an opponent for her- because the only thing i got is Percy Jackson from the Riordianverse, and even then, the connections are shaky and it seems like some form of stomp. Best UFO girl deserves better
I honestly can't think of any, there aren't many sailor ghosts in fiction (not many that come to mind, anyways).

Hey , in the profiles when I check the scan of surviving in the former hell only kasen appears but not characters that have that resistance like marisa or reimu. Is there a scan that shows that those two or other characters can survive the former hell and have resistance to poison besides kasen? since kasen only appears in that scan but not other characters.
I mean, they go to Former Hell in SA. I just didn't include it since it was redundant with the poison resistance they already had. Maybe I should include it when the profile rewrites start, though.

Planet Meiling would be funny, but probably not going to happen anytime soon- or Tier 0 Nameless Gods/Yukari would probably fall under that as well....

Shame that there isnt anything better for Murasa. Like i said, i have Percy Jackson, but even with equal speed he gets slammed. He isnt totally defenseless (Riptide would most likely be able to harm Murasa, plus Curse of Achillies could be a roadblock....but really Murasa can find a way to bypass it)

Planet Meiling would be funny, but probably not going to happen anytime soon- or Tier 0 Nameless Gods/Yukari would probably fall under that as well....
Yukari ain't getting tier 0, because the tier 0 standards are extremely strict on who qualifies. This post explains it well, but a tier 0 character cannot undergo change, there can't be more than one tier 0 character, and a tier 0 character can't be overpowered, which are the main 3 things Yukari would fail (nevermind the fact that it's specifically the nameless gods' state of existence that'd be tier 0, not the cosmology).

Ahhhhhh, so its just the Nameless Gods.....but arent there several characters that have Nameless forms? Like Suwako, Kanako, plus all the minor gods like Hina and the Aki Sisters
Well, i guess Sanae is getting an indirect upgrade due to her gods getting such

Speaking of Yukari, would she perhaps any get tier upgrades if possible? I heard of LCM Yukari, but tier 2 Yukari is fine otherwise (realistically, she doesnt need more power)

Ahhhhhh, so its just the Nameless Gods.....but arent there several characters that have Nameless forms? Like Suwako, Kanako, plus all the minor gods like Hina and the Aki Sisters
Well, i guess Sanae is getting an indirect upgrade due to her gods getting such
Nameless forms are kinda their own thing that nobody should scale to. So Kanako would be tier whatever, while her nameless self is the nondual whole from which all gods come from, and go back to when they "die".

Speaking of Yukari, would she perhaps any get tier upgrades if possible? I heard of LCM Yukari, but tier 2 Yukari is fine otherwise (realistically, she doesnt need more power)
Yukari should be 2-B right now, but I'm saving the tier upgrades for later. She can pretty easily get Low 1-C/1-C/High 1-C as well, but she'd scale to High 1-A at best if the tier 1 revisions go through.

Welp, guess Kanako is still sticking to 2-C in her avatar form anyways....

High 1-A Yukari, now thats comedy. Thats going to be a while coming, seeing how Touhou has a lot of doubters (and heaven forget those who keep trying to debunk Infinite speed. Its like them beating their heads on a brick wall)

Welp, guess Kanako is still sticking to 2-C in her avatar form anyways....

High 1-A Yukari, now thats comedy. Thats going to be a while coming, seeing how Touhou has a lot of doubters (and heaven forget those who keep trying to debunk Infinite speed. Its like them beating their heads on a brick wall)
Nah, Kanako would be High 1-A too. That'd just be the high tier scaling meta if all goes well. Tbh my plan is to upgrade everyone to 2-B, then low 1-C/high 1-C, and then the funny outerversal stats.

Wonderful, this puts a smile upon my face
Before any new scaling stuff happens, i do wanna ask.....opinions on Reimu vs Sailor Mars? Decent alt for Reimu considering she so easily chumps Arle

Probably giving Reimu her optional stuff with all of the forms Mars can take.
(realistically im gauging if this is a stomp for either side, so i dont waste time posting it only to be told its a stomp)

Wonderful, this puts a smile upon my face
Before any new scaling stuff happens, i do wanna ask.....opinions on Reimu vs Sailor Mars? Decent alt for Reimu considering she so easily chumps Arle

Probably giving Reimu her optional stuff with all of the forms Mars can take.
(realistically im gauging if this is a stomp for either side, so i dont waste time posting it only to be told its a stomp)
Almost certainly a stomp. Reimu is within the top 5 strongest 2-C characters on the site for a damn good reason, and you'll be hard pressed to find a fair match for most Touhou characters here. It's unfortunate, but that's the consequence of me doing so many goddamn upgrades.

Back