• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

I've had an epiphany and am realizing that I probably should've done a better job keeping track of hax layers and resistances. So uhhhhhh please wait warmly while I retread the entire goddamn research doc and make a separate doc indexing all of that.

¿ is there any statement that says that everyone in gensokyo uses some magic or that any ability a human possesses is automatically magic?

Need opinions on this one. Reimu vs Dr Strange is a mid MU, but it MAY, MAY be somewhat fair. The thing is, i dont know what to do for it. Just do Reimu without her optional stuff vs Mainstream Comics Strange? Do i just composite Dr. Strange and give Reimu optional equipment? God this is gonna be a headache

Need opinions on this one. Reimu vs Dr Strange is a mid MU, but it MAY, MAY be somewhat fair. The thing is, i dont know what to do for it. Just do Reimu without her optional stuff vs Mainstream Comics Strange? Do i just composite Dr. Strange and give Reimu optional equipment? God this is gonna be a headache
Doctor Strange is low 1-A man

Reimu might be getting tier 1 due to all the Yukari fuckery and scaling. Dont mind me, im just gonna laughing at the fact that 2hus shitstomp most characters they fight- or get shitstomped. No clue
Hey, what your preferred for Yukari? i dont like Giratina for her, feels like a bastardization of their characters (neither are really.....ya know. Evil)

Dont mind me, im just gonna laughing at the fact that 2hus shitstomp most characters they fight- or get shitstomped. No clue
First-time-james-franco-hanging-meme.jpg

Reimu might be getting tier 1 due to all the Yukari fuckery and scaling.
If we follow the logic that Reimu is a little inferior to her in terms of AP... although I think Reimu's AP is difficult to know since she had no chance against Oni Kasen and lost to Yuuma 2 times. Even so Fuji's additions show that she is very strong and would be somewhat higher or higher in the scaling chain.

Excellent news, everyone. With the completion of Impossible Spell Card, I am now 100% done with all written content for the games, manga, and print works. Although there are a few missing spots here and there (mostly in regards to side content), they're so miniscule in the grand scheme of things that I feel like I can overlook them for the time being. What matters is that all main canon content has been indexed to the fullest extent of my abilities; Soon, I'll be able to get cooking on drafts for threads and profile reworks, as the remaining research likely won't alter any of what I have planned.

So, aside from side content like streams, interviews, secondary canon, and whatever other WoG interviews I can dig up, what remains?
  • Book covers/bonus materials for Forbidden Scrollery. The bonus materials for volumes 1-3 are available, it's 4-7 that are a problem. Might just cave and buy the official English translations if my local bookstore has 'em.
  • Book covers for Cheating Detective Satori, plus bonus materials for Volume 3.
  • Book covers/bonus materials for Lotus Eaters. There's someone I could ask for scans of volume 6, so that's a good start.
  • Gameplay footage for various games. I could easily finish up a couple games during Thanksgiving, as I've got nothing better to do. That, or get wasted. Probably the latter.
Of course, everything aside from that is gonna be a pain in the ass. Touhou Station streams do have transcripts (albeit ones done automatically, which are... questionable), meaning I can do them, it'll just take forever. A fair number of interviews have also been found, but most are untranslated, and I've yet to do a full deep dive into whatever other interviews the Chinese Wiki has that nobody else knows about. Of course, by far the biggest issue would be the Nikenme Radio streams, which are basically just lost media at this point. No word on an official translation of Genso Narratograph either, sorry.

On a side note, Lotus Eaters and Cheating Detective Satori are technically "done", but I've got them specially marked in the doc since they're ongoing.

That's all for now. I'd say to only expect updates when the first profile rewrite is mostly done, or if I find something really insane. But man.... having the bulk of content finished feels surreal. We're almost a year deep into these revisions, and seeing all the pieces come together is an incredible sort of catharsis.

137 pages of either research or revisions.....either way- holy hell, this wave is going to be.....i dont know how to describe it
Good news everyone! Upgrades for all of you!

I just cant wait to see all the people who are going to try and argue about all the buffs everyone is going to get. Will we see Infinite Speed 2: Electric Boogaloo? Who knows?
(shame Immeasurable aint happening. Would make Yukari solo even more verses (like persona and its wonk ass scaling but im on the wrong thread to complain))

With the completion of Impossible Spell Card, I am now 100% done with all written content for the games, manga, and print works.
It took approximately 8 hours for this to age poorly, as I just recently found out that Chara☆Mel had a very extensive breakdown on CiLR that I completely missed the first time around. Thankfully, this revelation has also gotten me to check what other stuff from Chara☆Mel I missed, and it turns out there were 2 interviews for SA and UFO, respectively - both are thankfully indexed on the Chinese wiki, so thank fucking god I don't have to spend time figuring out how the hell to buy old issues of a magazine that stopped printing in 2009.

It took approximately 8 hours for this to age poorly, as I just recently found out that Chara☆Mel had a very extensive breakdown on CiLR that I completely missed the first time around. Thankfully, this revelation has also gotten me to check what other stuff from Chara☆Mel I missed, and it turns out there were 2 interviews for SA and UFO, respectively - both are thankfully indexed on the Chinese wiki, so thank fucking god I don't have to spend time figuring out how the hell to buy old issues of a magazine that stopped printing in 2009.
soooooo, crisis averted?

soooooo, crisis averted?
There never really was a crisis, I just think it's funny how fast it took for my post last night to age like milk.

Also, weirdly enough, the English wiki DOES have the Chara☆Mel UFO interview, but it links to a Youtube video of it where the translation was in the annotations (lol) without even mentioning it's from Chara☆Mel??

137 pages of either research or revisions.....either way- holy hell, this wave is going to be.....i dont know how to describe it
Good news everyone! Upgrades for all of you!
And YOU get an upgrade, and YOU get an upgrade, everyone gets upgrades!!

Im of the belief that when Yukari gets her upgrades into tier 1, she might be able to completely destroy pretty much most of her MUs. Thats going to be fun to witness
Yukari should be able to solo the Persona 5 verse soon enough

But, is Yukari really strong? lol? i find it hard to believe that Yukari is strong since she has said that neither Youkais nor she can against the Lunar Capital or when she said she has no chance against Toyohime. I think I need a statement or several that partly contradicts those things and stop being hung up on SSiB or CLiR stuff....
Plus. Another thing that confuses me is that the Youkais and probably Yukari have not been able to fight against powerful humans and that only for that reason Yukari created the Hakurei Barrier. also, Yukari can become unconscious like Maribel when using the manipulation of boundaries???? since it can be interpreted that she likes to sleep or hibernate a lot precisely because using that ability affects her... i would like an answer that makes me clearer all or resolve these doubts.

Last edited:
okay well apparently im gonna have to add a japan-only smartphone parody rpg into the fucking canonicity blog since a 2016 famitsu interview confirmed it's canon

god i love research

okay well apparently im gonna have to add a japan-only smartphone parody rpg into the fucking canonicity blog since a 2016 famitsu interview confirmed it's canon

god i love research
I need to clarify something that's really fucking funny to me, that being how this is somehow more explicitly canon than Inaba of Moon & Inaba of Earth.

Also you get to fight ZUN so uhhhhhh expect some real wacky scaling in the near future.

Back