• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

please dont be a stomp
also while you're at it comment on this thread

Hello, newbie here. I don’t mean to derail the conversation, but I was wondering what to do if I have questions about the verse. Would it be proper to make a post or ask here?
Sorry if this question is too broad for a Touhou channel, but I’m pretty lost rn 😩
Thanks!

Hello, newbie here. I don’t mean to derail the conversation, but I was wondering what to do if I have questions about the verse. Would it be proper to make a post or ask here?
Sorry if this question is too broad for a Touhou channel, but I’m pretty lost rn 😩
Thanks!
Yeah, you're always welcome to ask questions here. I'll try to answer them when I can, though I've been a bit busy lately. Welcome btw!

Question for yall: When making the physiology page, should I include less common youkai subtypes like oni, tengu, and vampires, or should I keep the associated abilities confined to the relevant profiles? I'm mostly just worried about how there wouldn't be enough pages for each subtype to be a verse power, even if they're just extensions of a pre-existing verse power (that being youkai physiology).

Question for yall: When making the physiology page, should I include less common youkai subtypes like oni, tengu, and vampires, or should I keep the associated abilities confined to the relevant profiles? I'm mostly just worried about how there wouldn't be enough pages for each subtype to be a verse power, even if they're just extensions of a pre-existing verse power (that being youkai physiology).
Subtypes should be fine, the minimum number of a physiology page affected profiles are 5. Which mean if its in a single physiology page, having sub-types should be fine cause the entire pages itself only need 5 profiles.

Subtypes should be fine, the minimum number of a physiology page affected profiles are 5. Which mean if its in a single physiology page, having sub-types should be fine cause the entire pages itself only need 5 profiles.
Here's what I have down currently:
GjmJMke.png

Most of these don't have 5 characters that qualify, but I think things that are just an extension of more common physiological traits (for example, magician physiology) are fine. Things like vengeful spirits and ghosts also need physiology sections because a lot of characters can summon or become them, even if there aren't a lot of characters with profiles that innately have those traits (eg; Orin and Komachi can summon vengeful spirits, so it's worth having a link to a page where what those spirits can even do is explained). Finally, a lot of characters gain the benefits of another species’ physiology as an extension of their own, like how tsukumogami are simultaneously gods and youkai. Even if there aren’t enough celestials to justify having a physiology page, Lunarians also gain the benefits of celestial physiology, so it becomes necessary to list those traits separately (since they’re an innate part of Lunarian physiology, but still apply to at least one character without Lunarian physiology).

Unrelated, but once the physiology page is 100% done, it'll be the longest page on the wiki by a mile. Like, not even close. God help me.

Here's what I have down currently:
GjmJMke.png

Most of these don't have 5 characters that qualify, but I think things that are just an extension of more common physiological traits (for example, magician physiology) are fine. Things like vengeful spirits and ghosts also need physiology sections because a lot of characters can summon or become them, even if there aren't a lot of characters with profiles that innately have those traits (eg; Orin and Komachi can summon vengeful spirits, so it's worth having a link to a page where what those spirits can even do is explained). Finally, a lot of characters gain the benefits of another species’ physiology as an extension of their own, like how tsukumogami are simultaneously gods and youkai. Even if there aren’t enough celestials to justify having a physiology page, Lunarians also gain the benefits of celestial physiology, so it becomes necessary to list those traits separately (since they’re an innate part of Lunarian physiology, but still apply to at least one character without Lunarian physiology).

Unrelated, but once the physiology page is 100% done, it'll be the longest page on the wiki by a mile. Like, not even close. God help me.
Nice, yeah this is fine. The whole page itself only need 5 characters.

oh lol

This applies to almost everyone so I think we're fine on that front. Anyways, hunting down quotes to add to the page for flavor led me to find a scan I missed regarding boundary users being able to manipulate entropy, so that's cool.

GsMdPl2.jpeg

Localization:
Ex-Rumia in the world of KKHTA

EX-Rumia: Girllllr dontn be killing people thatsts badd

Koishi: So true

Flan & Meiling: WE WILL LIVE

The Watatsuki's in the realistic world of Osana Reimu

Reimu's mom: It seems the edgy hags can't handle a single Fantasy seal

Reimu: Tremendous Aya-humiliating beatdown (It's a pun between beatdown and Aya)

Can you use both?

First one for sureee
I've already got the unedited versions in her gallery, and I'd prefer to not have the main profile images be split up except in cases where it's necessary (like characters from PC-98 and Windows).

also damn, i actually really like her FS render

For me, easily the second one. Forbidden Scrollery's art style is peak and is probably more iconic overall seeing as the same artist has done work for other official Touhou properties like Antinomy of Common Flowers and Urban Legend in Limbo.

yessir!!!!

tbf im not opposed to the second one at all, im totally cool with that one as well, i just slightly prefer the first one

she is beautiful in both anyways :love:
uhm... the second one looks really cool, but as someone else has said, the first one is how I imagine her showing up
but cool that you're using both

Getting back into the flow of research and editing, feels good after the short hiatus I had to take. Anyways, physiology page is coming along nicely (though I'll have to make a separate sandbox indexing the changes I want to add for gods/youkai, since those are waaaaay bigger than the additions for every other species), and I've caught up on Lotus Eaters, which has given me even more absurd statements for youkai physiology. If they weren't unkillable before, they sure as hell are now. Also, Miko having rizz is unironically a good supporting scan for hermits having social influencing, although I'm not sure if I can get away with mentioning that on the physiology page.

(though I'll have to make a separate sandbox indexing the changes I want to add for gods/youkai, since those are waaaaay bigger than the additions for every other species)
This is going well, by the way. I'm expanding it to include every justification that isn't already part of the profile reworks or verse power pages, so that includes every individual character's ability additions. For example -
sIHsKGC.png

Mokou doesn't get a whole lot, so I don't mind sharing this. Forgor to add Mid-Godly to her regen negation though, oops

In a potentially unwise move, I have decided to write standard tactics sections for everyone who deserves them. For example, Yukari is very good at winning without fighting at all via a combination of summoning/SI/power null/BFR/sealing.

EVERYONE WAKE UP
NEW HIFUU CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARIBEL'S HAT HAS THE YUKARI BOW
IT LOOKS LIKE MARIBEL IS FALLING INTO A DREAM WHILE RENKO IS TRYING TO CATCH HER
NECROFANTASIA IN THE TRACK LIST
THE IMPLICATIONS OUGUGUUGUGU THE IMPLICATIONS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE

diary0409.jpg

EVERYONE WAKE UP
NEW HIFUU CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARIBEL'S HAT HAS THE YUKARI BOW
IT LOOKS LIKE MARIBEL IS FALLING INTO A DREAM WHILE RENKO IS TRYING TO CATCH HER
NECROFANTASIA IN THE TRACK LIST
THE IMPLICATIONS OUGUGUUGUGU THE IMPLICATIONS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE

diary0409.jpg

O7pMJMH.png

TvXwnGh.png

im gonna be real with yall i legitimately started hyperventilating/crying when i saw this and realized it was real

Alright now that I'm not running off of sleep deprivation -

I still can't believe this is real? There's the fact that it's been 8 years since the last Hifuu story, of course, but basically every last bit of context we've been given implies this is gonna be the CD where ZUN actually elaborates on what sort of connection Maribel has to Yukari. It's surreal to think about, because I was convinced it'd be one of those things that'd remain eternally unresolved. As mentioned in the tweet above, there's a good chance it'll also probably be gay, which is good because RenMerry is based (and also one of the few ships I've never seen anyone disagree with; we are all united in our love of doomed lesbians, it seems). Touhou 19 potentially being the catalyst for Touhou's yuri golden age is extremely funny to me.

In terms of VS shit, if Yukari and Maribel are confirmed to be the same person... yeah, idk what I'm gonna do with their pages. At bare minimum update their summaries and append a spoiler template to the pages, but we might have to merge them together, which... I'm not really sure how to go about doing, admittedly. Yukari just being one of Maribel's keys is odd, but also very funny.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara So i Think in one of the Hifuu CD's its said that, inmortality is an state that lacks from the life and death or the boundary, That does not contradict that Yukari may deny hourai immortality by crossing the boundary of life and death as stated in AoCF?

Back