• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

I wonder if any other series other than Touhou Project and Terraria's Calamity mod have certain instruments that are iconic to their series? Like the ZUNpets and the Calamity bells.
I don't really play a lot of games, I only obsess over the same games and I play them repeatedly over and over rather than try anything new. So I wouldn't know if other series did similar stuff.

Oh yeah, should probably also go without saying that the revisions are coming a lot later than expected. Sorry to disappoint, but irl stuff has been taking priority lately and the profile reworks have gotten a lot larger than I initially intended.

Oh yeah, should probably also go without saying that the revisions are coming a lot later than expected. Sorry to disappoint, but irl stuff has been taking priority lately and the profile reworks have gotten a lot larger than I initially intended.
damn... So there's no more deadlines?

Huh, so someone commissioned a song for a Touhou matchup I liked and shilled a lot in the past. Great. I think I was the first one to promote that matchup as a Death Battle matchup. Though I partly nuked my Reddit account so I can't 100% confirm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAHJAJAJAJAJHAJAHA AJAJJAHAJAHAHJAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AJAJJAHAHAJJAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHJAJAHA

That's KKHTA part 9/9 BTW. The creator seems that will finally finish the series. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time and I'm glad it's finally happening.
Yo I remember going down that absolutely insane rabbit hole and the only thing that left me crazier than the episodes were the fact that there was never a proper conclusion. But finally it’s here

Yo I remember going down that absolutely insane rabbit hole and the only thing that left me crazier than the episodes were the fact that there was never a proper conclusion. But finally it’s here
Yeah, it was the first Touhou fanfic I saw. I saw it before I knew who half of the characters were. I will rewatch it before the last part releases to see if it's as good as I thought it was.

Chapter 37 of CoLA is translated! Was a good chapter all in all, I'm glad Rinnosuke finally figured out how computers work after 20 years. In terms of VS shit, this is uh. Probably one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen???? Like, either R > F is 100% dead or 100% solid now, all gods get nigh-omniscience/type 5 immortality/infinite stamina, bunch of people get data manip/type 2 info hax, youkai and phantoms are raw information, and Sumireko is like. bordering on supergenius levels of intelligence. When this chapter originally dropped, I was semi-jokingly like "haha, what if there's info hax and cosmology stuff in here, would that be insane or what", and now ITS FUCKING REAL AND BETTER/WORSE THAN I COULDVE IMAGINED

TL;DR: Touhou is literally just SMT now.

Huh, how so?
I need to reread the chapter to make sure I'm getting this right, but Gensokyo has a "spiritual network" which can be hacked into and manipulated much like the actual internet. It may also be referred to as a sea of information, which is interesting. However, people in Gensokyo can also use this network to send information to the Outside World, and vice versa. So, is the transferal of information an anti-feat for R > F? Is the spiritual network's nature such that it doesn't even matter? Is it even a part of the cosmology, or something else entirely? I genuinely have no clue how to process this.

...Actually, on closer inspection, the spiritual network may be entirely separate from whatever makes it so computers in Gensokyo can run and communicate. If I had a nickel for every time a chapter of CoLA brought up a massively important cosmological structure once and then never again, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.
I'm gonna steal your organs until YOU die.
iIauX82.jpeg

I need to reread the chapter to make sure I'm getting this right, but Gensokyo has a "spiritual network" which can be hacked into and manipulated much like the actual internet. It may also be referred to as a sea of information, which is interesting. However, people in Gensokyo can also use this network to send information to the Outside World, and vice versa. So, is the transferal of information an anti-feat for R > F? Is the spiritual network's nature such that it doesn't even matter? Is it even a part of the cosmology, or something else entirely? I genuinely have no clue how to process this.

...Actually, on closer inspection, the spiritual network may be entirely separate from whatever makes it so computers in Gensokyo can run and communicate. If I had a nickel for every time a chapter of CoLA brought up a massively important cosmological structure once and then never again, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

iIauX82.jpeg
Expanding on this a bit, the way the chapter is set up implies information can't be sent across worlds normally, but the spiritual network makes it so you can. I uh, don't know if that's notable.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara ¿What about Sakuya's Time Stop? in the Chapter 35 of WaHH she states that "Stopping Time" is nothing more than moving at extreme high speeds with no mass, which is contradicted quite a bit in the series nor does she seem to mention that she's been joking or anything like that. so will that eventually downgrade Sakuya¿?
1. She is lying in this scene. She's deliberately deflecting to make it seem like someone else is responsible for the recent string of spiriting away incidents. I'm pretty sure she even tells Reimu to go ask Byakuren for this exact reason.
2. This is massively inconsistent with how her time stop is portrayed; In SSiB, not only is she shown stopping time while standing perfectly still, it's also noted how her loss against Yorihime was due to how she retains her physical mass in stopped time and therefore needs to move around physical obstacles just as she would in regular time.

Back