• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Yeah. That’s fair lol. Granted, even if more people more about it, it probably wouldn’t help the issue of people just massively underestimating it (or overestimating it as well)

Yeah. That’s fair lol. Granted, even if more people more about it, it probably wouldn’t help the issue of people just massively underestimating it (or overestimating it as well)
It's either overestimating or underestimating, no in between. Though tbf I can somewhat understand since touhou is not the most straightforward verse for vs debating. I just stick to Len'en due to simplicity

Yeah, but there are thankfully some matchups that are at least somewhat debatable. Like for example, Seija Kijin vs Frieza.
Its basically a whole thing of AP vs Hax, though, in this case, Hax wins (though you could argue for Frieza being able to one shot via getting close enough)

Yeah, but there are thankfully some matchups that are at least somewhat debatable. Like for example, Seija Kijin vs Frieza.
Its basically a whole thing of AP vs Hax, though, in this case, Hax wins (though you could argue for Frieza being able to one shot via getting close enough)
I am pretty sure, that at least to Touhou powerscalers in this site, Touhou characters are infinitely faster and stronger than Dragon ball characters.

I'm curious about the status of the revisions right now, I hope she's not killing herself translating the Japanese streams in which ZUN appears....

I'm curious about the status of the revisions right now, I hope she's not killing herself translating the Japanese streams in which ZUN appears....
I'm doing great actually - I just finished translating two special features on Touhou games from Famitsu and Nintendo Dream, which I'm also hoping to get archived elsewhere in due time ($11 for both magazines, so probably the least amount of money I've spent on any Touhou media). That aside, Yukari's profile is almost done, and is currently the 15th longest page on the entire site. I spent those two weeks cooking non-stop, and I really can't wait to share that progress with yall later down the line.
Fuji was temp banned, but she should be coming back. And it will be peak.

I should probably get more involved in Touhou stuff, I have some stupid knowledge I picked up.
Feel free to share, then! Or you could join the revision Discord, if you'd prefer.
Soon the Drums of CRTS will play and Joygirl will return to us.
okay so i might be alive but the revisions are still gonna take a really long time
Fuji is not come back or alive something
unfortunately i exploded and died. sorry.

Oh, shit, i wouldnt mind getting an invite to that discord
Also, Fuji, if i may ask

How the fugg does Seija's flip ability work? Like, an example, please (besides game mechanics stuff like flipping your screen)

By the way, to make up for my absence, here's some of the work I got done on Yukari's profile.
mmjzFKX.png

X7eh8we.png

eZpGJ5x.png

AGjTTau.png

zTaIN08.png
5Uiu52l.png
  • Made her page way, way longer than it was before (it's now about 4x bigger than her current profile is).
  • Added quotes for her NA&T for a bit more flavor, and mostly finished writing up the actually important content of NA&T section as well.
  • Pretty much finished up her equipment section, including a subsection for weather effects from SWR/Soku since those can be induced via player system cards. The abilities from those weather effects have also been added under her optional equipment tab.
  • Rewrote her summary (and learned how to recolor text, yippee)
  • Finished her intelligence section, upgrading her to Supergenius off of upscaling from Eirin and Ran. Also separated her academic intelligence and combat intelligence, which will be the new standard going forward because of all the rain dodging feats.
  • Added a notes section for statistics values (only applies to lifting strength on Yukari's page, characters below 2-C/Infinite will also get statistics values for their AP/speed) and general things I can't
  • Finished adding scans and references to everything in her P&A, with only a few exceptions.
  • Started writing up breakdowns of each of Yukari's spell cards, as well as making gifs of her skill cards/spell cards. Once I get some footage from Soku (courtesy of @OverlordDonnelly), I can finish that up pretty easily.
  • Finished all of her statistics justifications. All of them.
To-do:
  • Add perfect possession to her NA&T, maybe.
  • Finish adding scans/references to her NA&T.
  • Finish writing spell card/skill card descriptions.

wow. that's really amazing, by the way, after finishing Yukari's profile what do you plan to do next?

why do you assume that? lol
More abilities than Yukari that need in-depth explanation (ability to float, fortune, summoning, on top of urban legends/perfect possession), metric fuckton of appearances to account for when it comes to her gallery/summary, way more equipment and spell cards to go over, more scaling (so a much longer statistics section), and her profile is only gonna get way longer with each ability addition thread while Yukari's is only gonna get a little bit longer in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention, Yukari is gonna lose a lot of stuff since it's being shuffled off to a youkai physiology page sometime in the future.

More abilities than Yukari that need in-depth explanation (ability to float, fortune, summoning, on top of urban legends/perfect possession), metric fuckton of appearances to account for when it comes to her gallery/summary, way more equipment and spell cards to go over, more scaling (so a much longer statistics section), and her profile is only gonna get way longer with each ability addition thread while Yukari's is only gonna get a little bit longer in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention, Yukari is gonna lose a lot of stuff since it's being shuffled off to a youkai physiology page sometime in the future.
If I'm being honest, most of that length is gonna come from the ability card section. So Marisa is also probably gonna have an insanely long page.

(ability to float,
I hope that the explanation of that ability is much deeper, most Wikis and information sources explain that ability in a very wrong way. and her current profile explains that ability in the same way as the wiki lol or rather I think it is a direct copypaste.

I hope that the explanation of that ability is much deeper, most Wikis and information sources explain that ability in a very wrong way. and her current profile explains that ability in the same way as the wiki lol or rather I think it is a direct copypaste.
Yeah, I'll definitely be spending a lot of time on that. Getting it right means a lot to me.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara What about DiPP Canonicity? I know it's a bit weird to talk about a music album whose feats are quite rare or even have any specific feat, but in general terms, is the first story canon (comiket 62 ver.) ? or did the Comiket 63 version completely de-canonize the first story? it's a bit confusing...

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara What about DiPP Canonicity? I know it's a bit weird to talk about a music album whose feats are quite rare or even have any specific feat, but in general terms, is the first story canon (comiket 62 ver.) ? or did the Comiket 63 version completely de-canonize the first story? it's a bit confusing...
Generally speaking I don't think it matters for VS purposes (the only thing either version gives any character is paralysis inducement for Kaguya off of this statement), but I personally take the C62 version to be canon since it explicitly mentions Gensokyo at the end.

Oh yeah, funny thing about that - if the C62 version is canon, then that means Mokou is canonically transgender.

b7rXl8Q.png

A friend said this, he might be being a schizo, he might be not. That Mizuchi is being Yuuma'd and ZUN will remove her gremlin-ness, Yuuma-styled.
Rhdscog.png

VzTrkY0.jpeg
DrNK0YA.jpeg
pMSypPg.jpeg
A0kR8vE.jpeg

(An excuse to post pictures of Mizuchi)
Honestly, I would prefer if she was de-gremlin-fied. Mizuchi looks better when she's not doing her exaggerated edgy expressions (That are so exaggerated that they look funny rather than creepy or menacing) and she looks cute when blushing, being normal or being scared.

Yuuma did the gremlin thing better. I am still salty that ZUN de-gremlin-fied Yuuma. I know it makes sense but still, the gremlin grin makes her look 100x times better.

FDGDFHGF THATS WHY IM ASKING YOU
I mean, her style of clothing is masculine and so are her speech patterns, and Mizuchi was for some reason unable to deduce her gender while possessing her, so it might as well already be canon even without DiPP. DiPP just makes it like, double canon.

Yukari's page is now the 12th longest on the entire site. Could very likely enter the top 10, so that's fun. The whole top 50 section of the longest pages list being dominated by Touhou is gonna be pretty funny ngl

Back