• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Unrelated but I dislike Touhou SFM videos a lot.

It's always a pre-existing joke or story where they just swap the characters with Touhou characters. LAZY AS HELL!!! Am I supposed to laugh at it simply because the person who pulled a comically large spoon is Yuuma instead of King Bach? No!

Shoutout to the most poorly aged statement ever made on this site.
image.png

image.png

image.png

It's a shame I didn't know about these scans back then, I think "regular fish and cats can eat spirits, you ******* dumbass" would've been a much funnier debunk than what I went with.

Just realized; if we accept that Junko's purification is not effective against lunarians, doesn't that mean she gets her immortality negation like she deserves for killing Houyi?

I feel like we can make a pretty good inference, though; Junko right now hates Houyi. That is her entire being, so much to the point that basically everything we've ever seen from her in canon is due to her hatred of Houyi being so much of herself that she is trying to kill his wife and has been for at bare minimum hundreds of years despite Chang'e being a Hourai immortal and also imprisoned on the moon.

Either Houyi is permanently dead, was murdered enough to satisfy Junko (technically a possibility, though I'd honestly toss this right out considering who and what Junko is), or Houyi is in a situation where it is vastly easier for Junko to kill Chang'e instead of him. I think the first one is the most likely, and I'm more wondering what the 3rd situation could possibly be.

I feel like we can make a pretty good inference, though; Junko right now hates Houyi. That is her entire being, so much to the point that basically everything we've ever seen from her in canon is due to her hatred of Houyi being so much of herself that she is trying to kill his wife and has been for at bare minimum hundreds of years despite Chang'e being a Hourai immortal and also imprisoned on the moon.

Either Houyi is permanently dead, was murdered enough to satisfy Junko (technically a possibility, though I'd honestly toss this right out considering who and what Junko is), or Houyi is in a situation where it is vastly easier for Junko to kill Chang'e instead of him. I think the first one is the most likely, and I'm more wondering what the 3rd situation could possibly be.
Yeah, that's true. When you put it like that, I'm a lot more in favor of saying she did straight up negate his immortality.

Some more god physiology for ya!

Wrote this basically for easy access to scans and opinion trade.
(also I can't directly tag statements from official profiles, sorry...)

I believe gods should have three keys including body, spirit and nameless form
because it is implied that gods normally exist without a body.
In-corporeality, AE, duplication and avatar creation should be moved to their spirit forms. And it should written that all previous abilities from body should be present in spirit form.
Additional ability for the spirit form would be Nigh-Omnipresence. Gods' spirits are omnipresent throughout the concept they are related to (e.g. Suwako's spirit would be omnipresent along earth while Kanako's would be along sky).
Idk if being omnipresent also makes you clairvoyant in this wiki. If not, Aunn scans should just work fine.
I am unsure if myriad gods not having their spirits as their base form could create a problem.

Tsukumogamis should lose their god physiology except their nameless form as gods exists namelessly in tools.

Divine spirits should lose their nameless forms because losing faith as a myriad god has different consequences than divine spirits. Suwako returns to her nameless form when Kanako, thanks to her base form being a spirit, is not that troubled by loss of faith. Gods that lose faith don't become a nameless god regardless of their classification, but rather return to their former existence. Just like how arahitogami return being a human when losing faith. Same should be the case with divine spirits.
However I don't think no one besides Kanako should get effected since she is the only god who's classification as a divine spirit is established in lore (aside from Aunn, and that god in CiRL iirc)

I think Aunn and (likely) Eiki should keep their nameless form despite being divine spirits. The reason being when a nameless god inhabits an object it can become "alive" after gathering faith (death = returning to their former existence for a god) meaning they were nameless gods inhabiting statues before they became divine spirits via faith (but in Eiki's case she gained enough faith to be a complete god while Aunn became a youkai).
To be fair Aunn could still be soul of a deceased human that achieved godhood and chose komainu as her concept.
Imo Aunn being a similar case with Eiki makes the most sense. I'd like to know if you have any scans about Aunn's origin.
I'm hesitant to say that Narumi, a former jizo statue, should earn a nameless form as well.

Hina, a pestilence god, do not rely on faith like ordinary gods meaning her, and Joon get their weaknesses removed. One problem is that while Hina is also referred as a misfortune god, Shion is just a poverty god. But I think we can reasonably assume that due to her being hated by everyone, she doesn't need faith to sustain her existence.

Minorika Aki relies on few peoples faith. Since she and Shizuha didn't die when human village was removed from history, they should have acausality1. Other gods should likely be comparable to them as well. The entire reason for the ropeway to Moriya Shrine is to maintain Gensokyo's balance via gathering faith from humans instead of entirely from youkai.

Every race that is not human, including gods, can breathe fine in anoxic zone. Misumaru describes oxygen as a curse placed on animals.

Gods are sensitive to faith.

I also support that Ama no Iwato Wake no Mikoto should have boundary related abilities Yukari has (I want Reimu to be absolutely shredded).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Oho.

This is a very solid overview, it includes a lot of stuff I just finished indexing a few days ago (just got done with SoPM), and it seems to hit all the bases. Some stuff is definitely interesting though, like this:
Minorika Aki relies on few peoples faith. Since she and Shizuha didn't die when human village was removed from history, they should have acausality1. Other gods should likely be comparable to them as well. The entire reason for the ropeway to Moriya Shrine is to maintain Gensokyo's balance via gathering faith from humans instead of entirely from youkai.
I agree with this, but from a broader perspective I think it can be attributed to the mechanics of history which give everyone type 4/limited type 2 acausality. The fact that it applies to people beyond youkai is definitely interesting, and supports acausality as a whole a lot, so good work.

Hina, a pestilence god, do not rely on faith like ordinary gods meaning her, and Joon get their weaknesses removed. One problem is that while Hina is also referred as a misfortune god, Shion is just a poverty god. But I think we can reasonably assume that due to her being hated by everyone, she doesn't need faith to sustain her existence.
This is a very good point, actually. I'd like to bring up some additional context from CoLA. Basically, curse/pestilence gods can still gather faith, and it seems that doing so makes them "real" curse gods. However, the fact that Reimu was able to summon said god prior to it gaining faith means it was probably still a god before gathering faith (which has its own implications lol), so curse/pestilence gods can still benefit from faith while not requiring it.

Tsukumogamis should lose their god physiology except their nameless form as gods exists namelessly in tools.
Disagree with this, there's not much basis to suggest that they stop being gods when they become animate. Kogasa's SoPM article heavily implies the gods are still aware and active even after being given a name as a tsukumogami (otherwise, they wouldn't be able to maintain their grudge).

Divine spirits should lose their nameless forms because losing faith as a myriad god has different consequences than divine spirits. Suwako returns to her nameless form when Kanako, thanks to her base form being a spirit, is not that troubled by loss of faith. Gods that lose faith don't become a nameless god regardless of their classification, but rather return to their former existence. Just like how arahitogami return being a human when losing faith. Same should be the case with divine spirits.
However I don't think no one besides Kanako should get effected since she is the only god who's classification as a divine spirit is established in lore (aside from Aunn, and that god in CiRL iirc)
I... feel like this is missing some context? I don't fully disagree with the logic, but TD says that the nameless divine spirits flying about are beings of the same nature as Kanako and Suwako. Kanako would also definitely be troubled by the loss of faith, otherwise she wouldn't need to move to Gensokyo. Suwako's profile just says that she'd be more bothered than Kanako, due to her body literally being made of faith. The thing about gods returning to their former existence (implied to be youkai) doesn't really disprove the existence of a nameless form, just that entering that form isn't done via loss of faith. I need more time to think about this, but I'm very uncertain. It's one thing I'll definitely have to deliberate over before making any changes to the profiles though.

I believe gods should have three keys including body, spirit and nameless form
because it is implied that gods normally exist without a body.
In-corporeality, AE, duplication and avatar creation should be moved to their spirit forms. And it should written that all previous abilities from body should be present in spirit form.
Additional ability for the spirit form would be Nigh-Omnipresence. Gods' spirits are omnipresent throughout the concept they are related to (e.g. Suwako's spirit would be omnipresent along earth while Kanako's would be along sky).
Idk if being omnipresent also makes you clairvoyant in this wiki. If not, Aunn scans should just work fine.
I am unsure if myriad gods not having their spirits as their base form could create a problem.
Some gods would keep incorporeality in their avatar forms (like Suwako, or any tsukumogami imo), but I get where you're coming from. Here's some more evidence for nigh-omnipresence btw. Myriad gods not having a spirit as a base form is fine. It's not in reference to either kind of divine spirit, since Akyuu still says Suwako can divide her spirit. I see it as her just not having a more conventional soul, like the kind of spirit youkai are made of.

So yeah tl;dr this is a very good breakdown even if I don't fully agree with it. Like I said, this topic is complex enough that I'll probably have to openly discuss this stuff in the research GC and in this thread before making any god physiology related changes.

He estado viendo estos tutoriales múltiples veces así que ya tengo buenos planes sobre que hacer cuando logre entrar a Gensokyo.

Mataré a una Toha.

He logrado entrar al mundo de Terraria, Mario, Sonic y al de Minecraft por medio de mis sueños ahora solo me falta entrar al mundo de los sueños de Gensokyo.

Últimamente he estado durmiendo con abrigos de invierno y una arma a mi lado. Con suficiente entrenamiento podré entrar a Gensokyo y entrarme a vergazos con Cirno.

En fin, ese video me dio gracia, sugiero que lo miren.

I agree. Since most people here only speak English, there's a chance most here won't understand your insane ramblings about entering Gensokyo through dreams.

If I misunderstood anything, it's because understanding written Spanish is my weaker side of the language

I agree. Since most people here only speak English, there's a chance most here won't understand your insane ramblings about entering Gensokyo through dreams.

If I misunderstood anything, it's because understanding written Spanish is my weaker side of the language
The ART of "insane" ramblings is PERFECTED when FEW people understand you.

27k words deep on the research doc... I keep running into things that make my head hurt though, so it's been slower progress than usual lately. We're gonna have 7 verse powers at minimum though, so that's nice. Y'all ready for everyone to get HDE?
Strikethrough 7 is my lucky & favorite number. Strikethrough
I must say that this might be the most hyped future CRT I've seen so far. I am sure it won't disappoint. I must say that I am very hyped about it.
Strikethrough Wait, is Gensokyo going to be listed as a 4D structure or something like that or did I overthought? Strikethrough

Screenshot_182.jpg

I have a Terraria texture pack that turns the guns dealer into Reisen, the Guide into Yukari, the mechanic into Nitori and the wizard into Marisa. And turns the Lunatic cultist into Junko.

But I realized that the texture pack has been taken off the Steam workshop. I only have some of the textures because I moved these textures to a folder that's outside of the Steam Workshop.

Can any of you help me find the original textures?

20230621_030004.jpg

Sharing this here might be interesting.

I must say that some spots made me smirk. All of this reminded me of my JReg and very political days. It gave me a flashback to my ancap days.

If nothing else, Seija's political ideology is "Whatever is the exact opposite of the person she's interacting with".

Also the compass itself is shit but that's par for the course, really.

Somehow still less dumb than claiming the trust fund baby who's never been told no before is Lib-Left. We have a lot of those in real life, and while they may not be packing swords of Hisou, we do know where they end up on the compass.

Say it or you chicken.
If nothing else, Seija's political ideology is "Whatever is the exact opposite of the person she's interacting with".

Also the compass itself is shit but that's par for the course, really.
Seija must be my spirit animal, that's really based of her. But that would probably put her as a centrist or something. She should lean more towards lib.left because last time I checked she wanted a revolution in order to flip all the power systems or something. That's a very lib.left thing to do.
Somehow still less dumb than claiming the trust fund baby who's never been told no before is Lib-Left. We have a lot of those in real life, and while they may not be packing swords of Hisou, we do know where they end up on the compass.
If anything she's probably lib.right. Last time I checked the r/PCM meta was that lib.right peeps are egoists.

Deidalius will never stop coping over the fact that he's a right wing cu/ck while Touhou continues to be based as hell with leftist politics
image.png
Heh, I acknowledge Touhou has a lot of lefty politics but to be frank, I don't care a lot about them nor if ZUN is a lefty (before you send this message google an insults for leftists and use it)

Unlike a lot of other people, my ideals don't require constant praise from fictional media to exist. I'm above that.

I'm capable of enjoying media made by people that disagree with my ideals.

If anything, people of X ideology liking a certain media that hates X ideology and promotes Y ideology worsens the impact of that media.

Unrelated but for the past days I have been coping about this test I took
image.jpg

I don't want to be a dirty leftist. Why do I lean left? It seems that every time I take this test I get leftier. I hate it. I don't want to be a lefty.

Can someone confirm my suspicions that the political compass test is skewered to make you leftier than you really are and that I am actually a based and redpilled right-winger? I can't get this off my mind.

Back